But steady are the horse’s hooves
Upon the wind blown grass
As they travel, horse and rider

There is no trail that they follow
No path that can be seen
There they travel, horse and rider
Upon the endless blowing green

Story
On his long journey home from school after a fight which will surely lead to his expulsion, Kragan G'ladheon ponders his future as he trudges through the immense forest called Green Cloak. But his thoughts are interrupted by the clattering of hooves as a galloping horse bursts from the woods, the rider slumped over his mount's neck, impaled by two black-shafted arrows. As the young man lies dying on the road, he tells Kragan that he is a Green Rider, one of the legendary messengers of the king, and that he bears a "life and death" message for King Zachary. He begs Kragan to carry his message, warning his not to read it, and when Kragan reluctantly agrees, he makes Kragan swear on his sword to complete the mission "for love of country." As he bestows upon Kragan the golden winged-horse brooch which is the symbol of his office, he whispers on his dying breath, "Beware the shadow man..."

Kragan's promise changes his life forever. Pursued by unknown assassins, following a path only his horse seems to know, and accompanied by the silent specter of the original messenger, he himself becomes a legendary Green Rider. Caught up in a world of deadly danger and complex magic, compelled by forces he cannot understand, Kragan is hounded by dark beings bent on seeing that the message, and its reluctant carrier, never reach their destination.

-Excerpt from back of the Green Rider book.

Progress
Prologue – Darkness of the Night | 98%
Chapter 1 – The Horse and Rider | 5%
Epilogue – (name pending) | 0%

Features

• Stunning Map Design
  • Spectacular music
  • Cool Sound Effects
  • Night Scenes
  • Dramatic Cut-Scenes

Totaly New System Includes:

• Ability to turn invisible at any spot on the map
  • Able to switch back and forth between sword and bow anywhere
  • Able to get off horse anywhere (and once your on foot you can switch between bow and sword as well)
  • Ability to control arrow at certain spots
  • Cactus Bombs!

Data Editing
As you should have guessed by now, this campaign will contain a data file. I'm sure I can figure out dave's tutorial on creating an installer so by the time this campaign is finished, all you will have to do is click one little button and it will do all the setting up for you (to uninstall will be one little button as well). This campaign won't contain any mod-packs, so all the map design is done within the editor.

Playtesting
I am now officaly looking for playtesters! Sign up now and you could make the list.

Playtesters:

Byzan )srb_soccer@hotmail.com)
The Wolf Hunter (still need e-mail)
Dantares IV (bljlemieux@verizon.net)
King Phillip (www.cfsdesigns.com
The Wolf Hunter (sam41airedale@btopenworld.com)
RS Greo0 (Pipsteranna@yahoo.com)

Final Note
This is defiantly my biggest project yet, so I'm really psyched to get it rolling. I hope you guys enjoy it (when it's done), and I hope I do well in the competition. Hopefully I can finally finish a project for once.

News
11/12/06 - Topic Post put up.
12/12/06 - nI gives me a beautiful banner. Link
15/12/06 - Going away for about two 1/2 weeks.
3/1/07 - Should be coming back from trip.

[This message has been edited by Lance O Lot (edited 01-28-2007 @ 04:19 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-11-06 05:19 PM CT (US)     1 / 101  
Sounds neat. Best of luck on the project.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 12-11-06 06:48 PM CT (US)     2 / 101  
Thanks!

Anyone itching to know how I made it so that you can get off a horse anywhere and change weps anywhere?

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
       My Downloads | I m p e r i a l C r e a t i o n s
        Contact Mee Sig Version 1.6
posted 12-11-06 07:48 PM CT (US)     3 / 101  
Slightly; remind me to bribe / beat it out of you later.

"I mean, imagine someone screaming 'MAH PANTS' with no pants. Wouldn't that be a truly comical sight?" ---Quaazi
"HOLY CRAP WYO YOU'RE FAT!!!" ---Quaazi
posted 12-11-06 11:00 PM CT (US)     4 / 101  
Ah.. so here it is.

Some nice features in there Lance. Man, you are lucky you got to that rider picture before me...

Good luck, sounds like it could be an excellent contender for the FC.

:::::M:I:L:I:T:I:A:M:O:U:S:E::::

drop in to eleven:11 - my gallery
:::::::::Tsunami::Studios:::::::::
posted 12-12-06 02:07 AM CT (US)     5 / 101  
Ability to turn invisible at any spot on the map

Able to switch back and forth between sword and bow anywhere

Able to get off horse anywhere (and once your on foot you can switch between bow and sword as well)

Ability to control arrow at certain spots

Cactus Bombs!

--I haven't heard of anything about these. Mind telling me how they work?

* * * (-) | ¯\I )¬, (¯) |) |-|- ,O /^V^\ |¯ * * *
-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-=¯=-
...Still working on The Epic of Gilgamesh...

[This message has been edited by Styrophome (edited 12-12-2006 @ 02:08 AM).]

posted 12-12-06 06:28 AM CT (US)     6 / 101  

Quote:

Based on the book ‘Green Rider’ written by Kristen Britain

Mate, if I had have known this was a story! I thought you came up with it. Maybe you already indicated before that it was based on a novel. Actually, now that I think of it, I think you did.

Anyway, folks, I have had the privilage to playtest the prologue and I must say that this is Lance's best work, by far! It is such that it will rank up alongside all those other great cut-scenes and I ain't shittin you!

The cut-scene is just pure beautiful, well designed, emotional to richest, tense, dramatic and a story that simply immerses you!

No one man will be dissapointed, at least with the Prologue, and so people should really keep an eye on this in the coming months.

Great work, Lance. I truly hope this becomes a great success, both in the Blacksmith and the Fantasy comp.

posted 12-12-06 08:23 AM CT (US)     7 / 101  
Wow, Mashek, you sounded like a New York Times reviewer raving about some new movie.

"I mean, imagine someone screaming 'MAH PANTS' with no pants. Wouldn't that be a truly comical sight?" ---Quaazi
"HOLY CRAP WYO YOU'RE FAT!!!" ---Quaazi
posted 12-12-06 09:03 AM CT (US)     8 / 101  
What disappoints me is that you didn't make up the story yourself.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 12-12-06 09:27 AM CT (US)     9 / 101  

Quote:

What disappoints me is that you didn't make up the story yourself.

Same as. Making a scenario may strech your creativity and sklills, but not as much sitting down and thinking out the story aswell.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 12-12-06 10:58 AM CT (US)     10 / 101  
Lance, are (some of) those tricks based on what I said in that data editing thread? Just wondering. If they are the invisibility one in particular is a nice variation.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 12-12-06 11:07 AM CT (US)     11 / 101  
Looks awsome Lance! As Mashek, i also had the privilege to playing the Prologue. It was pure brilliance

    
posted 12-12-06 01:48 PM CT (US)     12 / 101  
Sounds amazing Lance, good luck

"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
                            Kfish2oo2
                      -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    '*-=~+,._.,+                      `^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 12-12-06 03:07 PM CT (US)     13 / 101  
If you need any play testers for the game later on, I would like to. I know you said you would be selective on who you picked, but, I am here, but I am sure you will get more than enough people to play test anyway, but just so you know.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 12-12-06 04:06 PM CT (US)     14 / 101  
Thanks for all the nice comments!

Just to let you guys know, I am just roughly basing the story on green rider. The prologue I made up entirely by myself and in the main scn there will be loads of added parts that are not in the book (don't believe me? read the book). I'm just using the book as a background, because usually when I start a campaign I wander off and get side tracked. This way I have a definite plan, so I'm like, okay now he has to go here.

Also I'm planning to have like three quests that you can do in any order, and only one of them is in the book. The other two I'm making up.

I just don't want you guys to think like I'm copying word for word from the book (I don't even have the book now) and I will add lots of original ideas, and original story.

whew.

@Julius

Quote:

Lance, are (some of) those tricks based on what I said in that data editing thread? Just wondering. If they are the invisibility one in particular is a nice variation.

Yes some of them are, but not exactly. Most of them are really complicated and would be hard to re-create. Most of them use a lot of data editing.

-Lance O Lot

[This message has been edited by Lance O Lot (edited 12-12-2006 @ 04:07 PM).]

posted 12-12-06 05:48 PM CT (US)     15 / 101  
Banner Request:

Source Code:

[img]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1169/greenrider12oe4.png[/img]

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 12-12-2006 @ 06:19 PM).]

posted 12-12-06 06:12 PM CT (US)     16 / 101  
Bloody hell, newIdea! If I had 5cents for everytime you made a great logo!

Quote:

Wow, Mashek, you sounded like a New York Times reviewer raving about some new movie.

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Mashek331 (edited 12-12-2006 @ 06:21 PM).]

posted 12-12-06 06:19 PM CT (US)     17 / 101  
Thanks, Mash.

dannyking.me

posted 12-12-06 06:43 PM CT (US)     18 / 101  
Why do you get the money and not nI? Slavery I say, I demend a 30% cut! , sounds interesting!
posted 12-12-06 06:54 PM CT (US)     19 / 101  
Thanks nI! It's really well done. How do you make parts of a pic transparent (and what file type do you have to save it as)?

Also I might switch between mine and your's like every two weeks just to keep it 'fresh'.

EDIT: also, I don't want to be a drag, but if it's possible could you make it a wee bit bigger?

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of

[This message has been edited by Lance O Lot (edited 12-12-2006 @ 06:57 PM).]

posted 12-12-06 06:58 PM CT (US)     20 / 101  
Thanks.

Quote:

How do you make parts of a pic transparent

Erase function(Photoshop/Paintshop Pro).

Quote:

and what file type do you have to save it as

I use .PNG when ever I can. It supports alpha-transparency(tanks nolIv) and has good quality, as in this case.

EDIT:

Quote:

EDIT: also, I don't want to be a drag, but if it's possible could you make it a wee bit bigger?

It was originally bigger than that. I had to lower crop it bit-by-bit to get under the newly installed 150kb cap. It's at a firm 147kb atm and anymore may kill it(ask Aro). So unless you want to wait for another from scratch...

BTW, if you make the text around the banner smaller, you may be able to pull off the illusion of a bigger one.

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 12-12-2006 @ 07:02 PM).]

posted 12-12-06 07:05 PM CT (US)     21 / 101  
Okay, it's np. And thanks for the info.

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
posted 12-13-06 01:28 AM CT (US)     22 / 101  
That "Totally New System" sounds entriguing, along with the storyline. Best of luck, and sign me up for playtesting if needbe.
posted 12-13-06 09:46 AM CT (US)     23 / 101  
Sounds very nice. I can't wait to see the dismounting/mounting, and bow and arrow equipping/unequipping.

me
posted 12-13-06 09:50 AM CT (US)     24 / 101  
*realises that I haven't yet posted in the thread*

Well Lance, this seems great, as you're projects always are

*thinks about making thread for my own project*

Nah... too early

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-13-06 11:54 AM CT (US)     25 / 101  

Quote:

*realises that I haven't yet posted in the thread*

You don't need to post in every thread, *rolls eyes*

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 12-13-06 12:36 PM CT (US)     26 / 101  
I dont, only those I like, but I must have 'forgotten' to post here

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-13-06 05:53 PM CT (US)     27 / 101  
Thanks everybody.

Right now I'm working on this other scn that uses all my system ideas just to make sure they all work. (I actually havn't tested all of them). I have a feeling some of them might have some problems, so if/when they jump up I'll have to ask you guys for help.

Also I might send the system scn to a select few for testing and what they think of it.

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
posted 12-13-06 05:54 PM CT (US)     28 / 101  
Looks exceedingly good Lance, good luck. And btw, is this the one you had me voice acting for or is that another project?

Proud AOKH'er.

Creator of the PbP book. Check it out at www.serentine.blogspot.com
posted 12-13-06 05:59 PM CT (US)     29 / 101  
That was going to be for the start of this one, but I scrapped that version and made a better one.

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
posted 12-13-06 11:04 PM CT (US)     30 / 101  
Awesome!...A new project by Lancie. Hey, whatever happened to WotWR?

Btw, great logo nI.

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!

[This message has been edited by super_cell_51 (edited 12-13-2006 @ 11:07 PM).]

posted 12-14-06 01:06 PM CT (US)     31 / 101  
Hey lance, I'll be happy to test for you..I dont know anything about hex-hax but I'll be happy to try anything out. And I'cve reinstalled AOK so many times by now that a few more times arent much of a bother, if needed

"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
                            Kfish2oo2
                      -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    '*-=~+,._.,+                      `^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 12-14-06 01:54 PM CT (US)     32 / 101  
Lance, Just to let you know if i become one of those select few i won't let you down in PT

    
posted 12-14-06 03:15 PM CT (US)     33 / 101  
yea you will be stu. Most of my 'seclect few' will probally be from Imperial Creations.

Quote:

whatever happened to WotWR?

It kinda fell apart when this system idea I had didn't work.

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
posted 12-14-06 03:45 PM CT (US)     34 / 101  
Wow! Your ideas are very good. I just hope you can pull this off, because I think project this has BIG potential.
I would love to know how you are going to do the weapon changing and invisibility.
posted 12-14-06 04:54 PM CT (US)     35 / 101  
Stu, should you, DR, or me really playtest for lance? Considering the fact that we are going to judge his campaign later in the Fantasy Contest.

Proud AOKH'er.

Creator of the PbP book. Check it out at www.serentine.blogspot.com
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Green Rider - Two Black Arrows
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames