You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Halloween Horror 2011 Contest! Results in!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 10-12-11 05:38 PM CT (US)   

Task

Your task in this contest is to design a Single Player Scenario within the "Horror" genre. The idea behind the contest is to push the limits of AOK to provide fun and scares for this years Halloween!

Rules

- Must be a Single Player Scenario
- One entry per person
- Mods are allowed but must be easily installed/unistalled

Judging

Your scenario will be rated by a panel of judges in the following categories:

- Entertainment - How fun was the scenario to play, did it provide scares?
- Story - How spooky and interesting was the story?
- Map Design - How much did the map design contribute to the horror?
- Overall Atmosphere - How spooky was the overall atmosphere? This includes use of triggers and sound effects.

Each category shall be graded out of 10 and your scores in each category will be added up to give a total score. An average of your total score between the Judges will be calculated and the person with the highest average score at the end shall be crowned winner!

Judges
-Panel
-Scibadi

Results are in!

1st Place - Demon Town - by dragonslayermcmx
With 65 points out of 80.

2nd Place - Vosgian Travel - by fr steve
With 60 points out of 80.

3rd Place -Bram Stoker's Dracula - by HockeySam18
With 47 points out of 80.

I'd like to thank all the entrants for taking the time to make these scenarios and I had a lot of fun playing all three of them. I'd also like to thank panel for all the input he's put it and for taking the time to judge the entries too.

This is the first contest I've done so it's been a bit disorganised but I think it's turned out pretty well. The entrants did a really good job considering the short deadline.

[This message has been edited by Scibadi (edited 01-17-2012 @ 10:41 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-02-11 09:18 AM CT (US)     106 / 229  
extend the deadline
just exactly what i wanted to ask

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 12-02-11 11:49 PM CT (US)     107 / 229  
Thanks for the extension, broskimos!

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 12-08-11 08:43 AM CT (US)     108 / 229  
Thanks for extending!

Just a question, since I come closer to end : when I finish my mission, I submit it with HHC in its name, and that's all, or must I do something else?

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 12-08-11 12:45 PM CT (US)     109 / 229  
I think just having HHC in the title would be fine, unless anyone thinks otherwise?
posted 12-08-11 01:34 PM CT (US)     110 / 229  
posted 12-13-11 02:36 PM CT (US)     111 / 229  
Other question : should we submit it the day of the deadline, or some days before?

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 12-13-11 04:56 PM CT (US)     112 / 229  
i think in other competitions of this kind (the MGC I participated in for instance), you were allowed to submit and even update your file until the deadline. While the judging took place however, you were not allowed to update.

I think that would work here too. It is up to Scibadi to decide in this case though.
posted 12-14-11 10:28 AM CT (US)     113 / 229  
Feel free to submit your entries before the deadline. No updating though once the deadline has passed sorry.
posted 12-14-11 10:30 AM CT (US)     114 / 229  
i will maybe sent an entry, but dunno how long it will take to finish it...

Currently working on:

Modern Warfare (Mod): 10%
I changed the plans for it, i'm now making some kind of near-future mod that keeps the main structure and tree of AOK. 5 civs with 2-3 UUs planned for now.
posted 12-18-11 04:42 AM CT (US)     115 / 229  
Still haven't seen any entries... This does not bode well.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 12-18-11 05:05 AM CT (US)     116 / 229  
hopefully they're all waiting for the deadline :P
posted 12-20-11 05:47 PM CT (US)     117 / 229  
Don't think I'm able to finish my entry in time. Haven't worked on it yet since my accident.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 12-21-11 10:11 AM CT (US)     118 / 229  
I might still need one or two days after the 24th, i am really heavily working, but still i doubt i can get it all finished in the current time.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 12-21-11 01:44 PM CT (US)     119 / 229  
Submitted!

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 12-21-11 03:39 PM CT (US)     120 / 229  
Sign me up, please. Sorry for the short notice, but all the same, I am almost finished my entry. It is a remake of the Dracula legend, merging the life of Vlad Tepes and Bram Stoker's novel.
posted 12-21-11 04:09 PM CT (US)     121 / 229  
Looks like this will get a couple of entries after all!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-21-11 06:12 PM CT (US)     122 / 229  
@Devestator - Try your best, man

@fr steve - woohoo!

@HockeySam18 - Awesome, I'll add you to the list

Guys I will try and set a deadline for the judges as well, I don't want to be too tight but then again no one wants to wait long for results. Let me know what you think.

[This message has been edited by Scibadi (edited 12-21-2011 @ 06:13 PM).]

posted 12-21-11 06:46 PM CT (US)     123 / 229  
Ahhh well I can't get my entry out in time so you can take me off the list.
Things have been hectic these past two months. Once break starts for me, I can finally do some editing.
Hope the rest of the competitors manage to get one in!
posted 12-22-11 03:47 AM CT (US)     124 / 229  
Guys I will try and set a deadline for the judges as well, I don't want to be too tight but then again no one wants to wait long for results. Let me know what you think.
I'm all in favor of that, though I think it's best to see how many entries we have first. 2 entries could be judged pretty quickly, but 5 for example would be a different thing.
posted 12-23-11 05:10 AM CT (US)     125 / 229  
My mission has appeared! Hope you will enjoy!

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 12-23-11 07:36 AM CT (US)     126 / 229  
My mission has appeared! Hope you will enjoy!
I enjoyed it thoroughly!!

I expect more from other players after playing this one.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
posted 12-23-11 07:41 AM CT (US)     127 / 229  
Although i am still heavily into designing, i won't make it to submit my entry tomorrow. I would be really grateful if you could give me until the 27th or 28th Perhaps it will even be finished before then.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 12-23-11 08:03 AM CT (US)     128 / 229  
I am approve.
Just to get you in the mood guys, I present to you the most infamous video game character so far.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
posted 12-23-11 08:48 AM CT (US)     129 / 229  
Would people be OK if I extended the deadline until the 28th so that Devastator can get his submission in? I know it kind of negates the point of having the deadline but I don't want to leave him out after he's spent effort on his scenario.
posted 12-23-11 09:15 AM CT (US)     130 / 229  
yes, the more entries the better.

I will start playing them after the deadline has passed.
posted 12-23-11 09:42 AM CT (US)     131 / 229  
If it ensures more entries, I say do it.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-23-11 12:41 PM CT (US)     132 / 229  
thank you the judges can already start (if they have the time) to judge the entries that are already up.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 12-23-11 03:36 PM CT (US)     133 / 229  
Hmm, to the looks of it there will only be two entries... Meaning we have double the amount of judges... Eh.

EDIT: It appears I'm in a fix... To play Frsteve's scenario, I'll need mod pack studio, which my computer fails to install. Now what?

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 12-23-2011 @ 03:39 PM).]

posted 12-23-11 03:46 PM CT (US)     134 / 229  
Crap the deadlines today and I havent finished and cant go on aok. darn it

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 12-23-11 05:09 PM CT (US)     135 / 229  
Dementor, the deadline will probably be extended a few days more. So get cracking.

@ Lord Sipia: is it because you have a 64 bit system? that's the problem I'm dealing with. I need to wait until I get to a 32 bit one.
posted 12-23-11 08:07 PM CT (US)     136 / 229  
Deadline extended to the 28th my lovelies
posted 12-23-11 08:31 PM CT (US)     137 / 229  
Can I join the horror scenario contest?
When's the deadline?

Hey I'm back
posted 12-23-11 09:09 PM CT (US)     138 / 229  
Look right above you.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 12-24-11 04:12 AM CT (US)     139 / 229  
is it because you have a 64 bit system? that's the problem I'm dealing with. I need to wait until I get to a 32 bit one.
Yeah, it is. Since it's not likely I'll get a new system or something any time soon, I think I'll have to bail out... Sorry.

posted 12-24-11 06:37 AM CT (US)     140 / 229  
ask fr steve for the drs file(s), and just copy them into your data folder

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Halloween Horror 2011 Contest! Results in!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames