Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Last Alliance
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
posted 04-06-04 09:32 AM CT (US)   

Looking for The Last Alliance game?-

Check out their Site and forums TLA is an incredible full stand alone 3d game based on the books of J.R.R Tolkien and spanning all the ages of his world of Arda.

-------------------------------------------

My humble mod is a modification of the graphics of AOK based entirely on the events toward the end of the seccond age of Middle Earth, based on the designs of Peter Jacksons films from WETA workshop....

"Long years ago, in the seccond age of Middle Earth- The elven smiths of Eregion forged rings of great power, then the Dark Lord Sauron forged one ring in the fires of Mount Doom in the land of Mordor. This ring he made to rule the others and their power was bound up with it, so that they could last only as long as it too should last. And from that time war never ceased between Sauron and the Elves. Three rings they hid from him, but the rest he gathered into his hands, hoping to make himself master of all things. Then an Alliance was made against the Dark Lord. The Last Alliance of Men and Elves."

Project website

All stats will be geniedited Elves and Men shall be more equal to one another despite lower tech tree level units, Mordor shall be cheaper and faster to build (yes there may be buildings)

Elves- Britons
Numenorians-Teutons
Mordor- Aztecs

Elf swordsman- 2 handed swordsman-Figure done
Elf Spearman- Halberdier-Figure Done
Elf Archer- Longbowman-Figure done

Numenorian Swordsman- Champion- Figure done
Numenorian Spearman- Pikeman-figure done
Numenorian Archer- Arbalest-figure done

Orc- Militia-figure done
Uruk-Men at arms/Spearman-figure done
Orc Archer-Archer- figure done
Mordor Champion-Eagle Warrior-figure done

Desert terrain- Mordor terain (Volcanic From SWGB)
Mountains 3,4 - Volcanic mountain and Volcano (again from SWGB)

GilGalad-Samurai- Figure done
Elrond-Huskarl-figure done
Robin Hood-Oropher (shares longbowman graphics)
Isildur (and Anarion)-Throwing axeman (with range of 0)
Elendil- Woad Raider
Sauron- War Elephant (It'll work- Trust me!)-figure done

Gondor house 1,2,3- done, there are only 4 variations right?
Gondor barracks- done
Gondor archery range-done
Gondor wall- done

Citadel of the Stars (As seen in the Osgiliath mission I'm making-replaces great pyramid or normal pyramid) -done

So anyone who wants to make scns for this mod.. give it a try!

To do
Elvish Castle- essentially a big archery range
Mordor barracks and archery range (Some kind of simple shack I think- same graphic for both of them.. possible rotate it to create some variations for houses
Mordor Castle- It'll be like the towers of teeth I think as seen by the black gate
Mordor wall (The black gate)
Create frames for all the units.

That's my work load. I'll try to get it all done. I will try to release before Aug if all goes well and if all goes very well before the end of July (A lot of it depends on the speed of those compiling it)

[This message has been edited by Lonepadawan (edited 07-08-2004 @ 03:30 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-09-04 06:31 PM CT (US)     211 / 247  
I will compile the Numenor Archer, Orc Warrior, Orc Archer, Sauron, Elven archer, and Elven swordsman if they can be used in METC. you know my Email.
posted 07-09-04 06:55 PM CT (US)     212 / 247  
Elven archer preview now on the site. This is his "battle animation" when facing in a certain direction the elf arcehr's idle will have the arrow already ready to fire (like in the film when the orcs charge towards the elven line and Elrond gives the order to fire) the attack anim for that direction is simply releasing the arrow and notching another to fire. Hopefully it'll look good. The numenorian archer is the same except he kneels when reloading (once again from the film) Their attacks in other directions will be a normal style attack.. It should be useful for battle scenarios, use a trigger to release an arrow barrage

We've had infinie discussions about Sauron and his size.. However I can say the mace at least is the correct size...

The Dwarves will probably not be released any time soon.

Still in need of ideas for the things I asked for. People normally like doing requests :P

Contact me on MSN those who want to compile.

Modrocker: Please tell me people have interest in this mod other than getting graphics for METC?

[This message has been edited by Lonepadawan (edited 07-09-2004 @ 08:11 PM).]

posted 07-09-04 08:08 PM CT (US)     213 / 247  
"or some sort of shack. I'll also try and have a go and that birthing pit idea"

Maybe a blacked wooden shack would work for an ork house. Also Birthing pits to replace barracks sounds very good.

The buildings look good.

For the elven castle. hmm Make something ethearel and bright.

Did the elves use stone? If so it could look like polished blue (or white) granite. Perhaps put some trees around it.

posted 07-09-04 08:23 PM CT (US)     214 / 247  
Yeah people have interest in this mod, it's one of the best being made, no other mod has heroes who have their own graphics...besides LOTR mod I think but that isn't due untill 2006.
posted 07-09-04 08:55 PM CT (US)     215 / 247  
i was thinking of changing my attack animation to something like that... it's too jumpy the other way for my taste. but i wanted to see it "in game" first. how many frames per direction do you need? I need 12, which seems too much to just move his arms, but 12 also seems too few to change from standing to an attack stance.

Check out my cool downloadable crap for SWGB!
LOTR Mods: Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf on Shadowfax, Theoden King, Rohirrim, Faramir, Haldir, Gandalf the White, Saruman, The Nazgul, Ugluk, Uruk-hai Swordsmen and Uruk-hai Crossbowmen.
StarWars Mods: Jedi Masters Shaak Ti and Adi Gallia. Padawan Stass Allie and Luke Skywalker from A New Hope!

posted 07-09-04 09:18 PM CT (US)     216 / 247  
I was thinking that Elendil should swing to his other shoulder and then move the sword back to the start. His hand comes off the sword, was that a bug?

The Elven archer needs to be a tad more aggressive in his actions, maybe crouch a little (as in a really tiny amount) and have the string drawn back to his ear. The bow also needs to be a little springier.

For the Mordor wall, just blacken the Numenorian wall and voila!

I command the defence of AOKH's Fortified Walls. This is why.
"Today men, you shall face an endless tide. This haven of useful AOK/TC related stuff is under threat. The n00bs who have got their grubby paws on OUR secret weapon, GeniEd, and plan to use it to FLOOD our Blacksmith, our Mods section AND our utilities. We MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! TODAY WE FIGHT!"

*cheer*

posted 07-09-04 09:50 PM CT (US)     217 / 247  
Well, if you watch the TT in the scenes with the Elves, they don't have a lot of motion in their attacks.

My biggest complaints about ANY Mordor buildings, is that people just make some other building black or grey. Whereas the buildings shouldn't be as completed or modern.

LOTR Mods: Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf on Shadowfax, Theoden King, Rohirrim, Faramir, Haldir, Gandalf the White, Saruman, The Nazgul, Ugluk, Uruk-hai Swordsmen and Uruk-hai Crossbowmen.
StarWars Mods: Jedi Masters Shaak Ti and Adi Gallia. Padawan Stass Allie and Luke Skywalker from A New Hope!

posted 07-10-04 05:03 AM CT (US)     218 / 247  
lonepadawn i like the idea for the attack animations for the elves. To bad that the engine makes them target one single unit. Instead of firing in one volly hitting only whats infront of them

ŁĒĮĢĦŊ
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
(¯`·._.Member of Tundra Studios/ A spire labs division._.·´¯)
{¯`·._.Modern Mod Total Conversion._.·´¯}

upcoming ATC Activity attending:
-Flying-
posted 07-12-04 02:38 PM CT (US)     219 / 247  
Great models Lonepadawan.
I have an offer for you. You can e-mail me at: historyguy@frontiernet.net

Lets just say, it deals with a group of peeps, I am organizing.

posted 07-13-04 04:15 PM CT (US)     220 / 247  

Quote:

I have an offer for you. You can e-mail me at: historyguy@frontiernet.net
Lets just say, it deals with a group of peeps, I am organizing.

Sounds like a smuggling operation to me

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
METC Design Teäm Loyalist
Random Quote
"If I'm white Chocolate, then that must mean Michael Jackson is Chocolate Milk." - Some Random person I met at camp
posted 07-13-04 05:48 PM CT (US)     221 / 247  
His stupid 3d game.
Lonepadawan told me over msn messanger that he wanted to do individual mods for SWGB, like WarHammer 40,000 mods.
posted 07-14-04 07:45 PM CT (US)     222 / 247  

Quote:

His stupid 3d game

I have a couple of things to say to you, ModRocker.

What is your problem? You're always putting people down, telling them their work sucks, but OH! No offense did you say? It's not like you can just say that and expect people to NOT take offense.

Stop discrediting other people's work. It discourages people from finishing, and leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Seems like every time I pop into Modpack Discussion, you're putting people down, and then expect to get ownership of a major mod e.g. METC. When you tried to take over that, you wanted to completely redo it! Hundreds of hours of Shadowflare, and other modder's work went into that! And you wanted to just throw it all away, start it again, and rip pbguy's stuff into it!

WAKE UP TO YOURSELF!!!!!

Nobody likes a sour grape.

EDIT: I just realised you were putting down a Cherub. HA HA!

Ban.

I command the defence of AOKH's Fortified Walls. This is why.
"Today men, you shall face an endless tide. This haven of useful AOK/TC related stuff is under threat. The n00bs who have got their grubby paws on OUR secret weapon, GeniEd, and plan to use it to FLOOD our Blacksmith, our Mods section AND our utilities. We MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! TODAY WE FIGHT!"

*cheer*

[This message has been edited by GaladhrimWarrior (edited 07-14-2004 @ 07:49 PM).]

posted 07-15-04 03:31 AM CT (US)     223 / 247  
How about you shut up and mind your own buisness, I've talked to History Guy over msn messanger and AIM, we have nothing against eachother, oo I said "his stupid game" I'm really putting him down and making him quit on it. As for METC, I asked Shadowflare if I could do the patch work, he said it would be fine, when I mentioned redoing everything, he said it wasn't a good idea and I was cool with that, all I have planned is redoing the Gondor buildings, making new towers and walls, and redoing most of the units. People are saying I'm doing a good job, so there's no problem. Also who the hell are you?

And about being a sour grape, I'm not sour, your an asshole, look in paul's thread, I just introduced him to alot of units, and guided him threw how to get them, he was very thankful. I helped Leighn with mods, and I got to know Dark Blade quite well. You never even met me, stop judging people from a few posts. Also when you say, "You're always putting people down". I want you to look threw every post I've ever made, count them, then seperate the ones that I'm putting people down in, or saying something else, seriously dude you're an idiot. Oh and the only unit I was gonna put into METC was the Rohan Rider which at first he gave me permission to add in.

posted 07-15-04 08:28 AM CT (US)     224 / 247  
Lol.
I come in here after about 2 weeks and There's already a flame on 2 people. Me, and ModRocker. :P

My "stupid" 3d game? It's actually 2d buddy...
Black Water Games is currently making its own RTS game from 3000 BC... to 600 AD.

And GaladhrimWarrior, it would be a waste of my time to ban a person like ModRocker... or would it?

Anways, it seems that Lonepadawan might be a little to busy to join BWG. If I'm permitted, I'll post the actuall link to the gaming site, in here.

All for now.

posted 07-15-04 05:04 PM CT (US)     225 / 247  
I've seen Dalla's units for the game, they are good. You guys are trying to bear Rome Total War's graphics right?
posted 07-16-04 01:06 PM CT (US)     226 / 247  
We're unsure of the game that we want to be influenced by (graphics wise), Dalla and me want to point to Cossacks: The Art of War, and most of the others agree.
posted 07-16-04 06:35 PM CT (US)     227 / 247  
how goes the mod, lonepadawan?

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
Random Quote
"If I'm white Chocolate, then that must mean Michael Jackson is Chocolate Milk." - Some Random person I met at camp
posted 07-19-04 05:52 PM CT (US)     228 / 247  
hey LP....

go here and look at the poll in the lower right... and look and the middle option!

and from part of the intvw...

Quote:

PDisBigCow9017-gs: Hey I have been hearing a lot about the battle of the last alliance in the first Lord of the rings movie! Will that battle take place inside the game?

MarkSkaggs: Yes, the battle of the Last Alliance will be in the game. We had to get Sauron on the battle field some how....after all we've got a really cool model and he's a ton of fun. The current plan is to have this mission be a fun tutorial mission to start off the game.

[This message has been edited by pbguy1211 (edited 07-19-2004 @ 06:07 PM).]

posted 07-24-04 11:52 AM CT (US)     229 / 247  
Ah. Prehaps I'll stop then. I'm tired these days...
posted 07-24-04 12:41 PM CT (US)     230 / 247  
he lives!

hey, if you're gonna stop... you might want to share your character models!

1 question for you... for some reason on my elf model shadows aren't appearing when i render it. any ideas why?

posted 07-24-04 04:58 PM CT (US)     231 / 247  
I'd like to get this done. I'd like to play with my mods as much as... hopefully you lot do. But I've been away a while camping, kayaking, canoeing and in general having a good time and staying away from computers and return and find I have had a major virus attack. I bought a new hard drive to save all my work. I hope it was worth it. Coming and finding my thread full of flames is most disheartening.

I have another week before I'm off climbing. I'll see what can be done. A few more attack animations and I'll have the frames ready. Hopefully. But this virus means I'll have to rearrange my now over several CDs worth of 3d assets. I'll see how I feel.

posted 07-24-04 09:07 PM CT (US)     232 / 247  
"I'd like to get this done. I'd like to play with my mods as much as... hopefully you lot do.

I bought a new hard drive to save all my work. I hope it was worth it." - Lonepadawan

Good luck and please don't give up. Those are some great units, it would be sad to quit and lose all that work. Have a great evening.

Edit:

"What about graphics files? Can they be infected with a virus? Is your computer system in any danger from infected graphics files?

Graphics files are generally collections of data and as such are not executed by a computer's operating system. Programs that use graphics files, such as display and editing programs, simply read the data in a graphics file into memory and then modify it for rendering to an output device. Graphics files that consist of data cannot be infected by a virus because the code is not executed. Static graphics files (i.e., those containing no code) are safe from infection.

Some graphics files, such as those used in multimedia applications, do have the capability of storing instructions that can be executed by specific software applications. Such instructions might display text, create sound, pop up menus, and read data from other files. Object-oriented files containing data and the code necessary to render the data are also in this category. These types of files are theoretically susceptible to virus infection. At this point, however, none to our knowledge have been attacked by viruses. This may change, however, as instruction sequences necessary for the proper rendering of a particular file become more complex. However, none of the file formats in common use support this level of complexity.

NOTE:

What about page description languages (PDLs) such as PostScript and hypertext languages such as HTML? Such languages are not actually graphics file formats, but are instead collections of interpreted statements that may contain or reference graphics data. Although the graphics data itself is not a target for a virus, the interpreted language code can be altered, and known security holes in the programming language can be exploited.

In summary, graphics files are very unlikely candidates for infection by computer viruses. In fact, most virus detection programs will not even bother to scan graphics files unless told explicitly to do so. Of course, a virus could still do nasty things to a graphics file, just as it could to any other type of file--for example, it could copy, move, alter, corrupt, or delete a graphics file, or it could append data to the file to cause it to grow in size. But a computer virus cannot use a data-only graphics file--or any data file, for that matter--to reproduce."

Source:
http://netghost.narod.ru/gff/graphics/book/ch08_06.htm

Another link on the same subject:
http://www.stiller.com/cookies.htm

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 07-24-2004 @ 09:24 PM).]

posted 07-30-04 01:59 PM CT (US)     233 / 247  
"Good luck and please don't give up. Those are some great units, it would be sad to quit and lose all that work. Have a great evening. "

Ditto that. These are the best LOTR units, period. I can't force you to keep going, but I would be very glad to see the project completed and submitted, and I'm sure there's more out there who agree.

posted 08-07-04 12:30 PM CT (US)     234 / 247  

Animating can get dull, and I wanted to create another elvish hero to use in a campaign anyway, Cirdan seemed the natural choice since we don't know anything about what he does except his actions on the slopes of Mount Doom.

Anyway.. I'm back, and determined to finish this mod. The only thing I'm worried about is it being overshadowed by METC, and once they use my graphics, people losing all interest in the mod they came from....

[This message has been edited by Lonepadawan (edited 08-07-2004 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 08-07-04 02:38 PM CT (US)     235 / 247  
LP, your work puts you in a class by yourself. Gain some self respect there bud. Stop beating yourself up over nothing.

posted 08-07-04 03:04 PM CT (US)     236 / 247  
What he said. Your a great modder, LP. I'd hate to see this all go to waste. Seriously, your work is brilliant. I'm very excited to download this.

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
Random Quote
posted 08-07-04 07:45 PM CT (US)     237 / 247  
Cirdan looks great.

Ditto was pbguy said. imho, you make the best unit mods for AOK. period. We all appreciate your work.

posted 08-07-04 08:32 PM CT (US)     238 / 247  
you're doing great work LP. i wouldn't worry about being overshadowed by anything.

Shadowflare
Rationalization is a tranquilizer. Quit the dose and awaken.
Whisper | Forum | Profile | MIDRAID | Store
shadowflare.w@gmail.com
posted 08-07-04 11:27 PM CT (US)     239 / 247  
I'm pretty sure if a certain forumer was here you would get posts every other day, "so when are you gonna be done? whats going on with the mod?" I dont post like that (as a lot of other people dont) because one would assume posts like that get very annoying. But check the number of replys to this there is lots of interest. and you're doing great work!

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 08-07-2004 @ 11:35 PM).]

posted 08-07-04 11:59 PM CT (US)     240 / 247  
Agreed. I don't post an over abundance because they get annoying and repetitive. LP will be done when he's done. No sense in rushing him or the quality of his work.

posted 08-08-04 06:48 AM CT (US)     241 / 247  
Lonepadawan we dont need all the units you have , and people will not loose the interest on your mod becase METC and TLA are very dif.
The untis that METC needs is Sauron in first place and a Numenorian soldier.Sharing the untis with us you are helping people from you own comunity , we are age 2 fans and lord of the rings fans.
But the choice is yours.

xxxXXXXXXX---Helped METC with----XXXXXXXxxxxx
Gandalf the grey, Legolas ,Throwing Rock Hobbit,Hobbit soldier,Uruk-Hai,Gimli,Aragorn, King Aragorn, Nazgul,Ewoyn,Cave Troll , White Wizard,Orc Archer ,Orc Warrior.
posted 08-17-04 09:35 PM CT (US)     242 / 247  
Hows the mod going? And no i'm not just posting here to be annoying. lol I have some good news. I offer to host this mod if its over 2mb. (If its under 2 mb the blacksmith will host it.) When I say host, I mean make the final download file avaliable. I have 10 gigs of bandwidth (per month) and so far my site has enjoyed a 100% uptime.
posted 08-18-04 06:28 AM CT (US)     243 / 247  
Animations and Graphics all ready. Rendering them taking a long time.
posted 08-18-04 07:05 PM CT (US)     244 / 247  

Quote:

I'm pretty sure if a certain forumer was here you would get posts every other day

Who?

I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I've been sent back until my task is done...
... I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.
posted 08-18-04 07:37 PM CT (US)     245 / 247  
does it begin with an "m" end end with a "r" witha "odrocke" in between?

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
Random Quote
posted 08-20-04 09:11 AM CT (US)     246 / 247  
*renders slowly*
posted 08-20-04 06:42 PM CT (US)     247 / 247  

Quote:

does it begin with an "m" end end with a "r" witha "odrocke" in between?

I see... for a second I thought it was me!

I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I've been sent back until my task is done...
... I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

[This message has been edited by BIHSting (edited 08-20-2004 @ 06:43 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » The Last Alliance
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames