Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: more then 120 new unit
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-08-04 07:13 PM CT (US)   
im making a mega eye candy template with at least 100 new unit and 20 never seen before unit ! ah and building too !
Replies:
posted 06-08-04 07:27 PM CT (US)     1 / 56  
Can we have pics of these "20 never seen before unit" ?

"The most important thing to do in your life, is to not interfere with somebody else's life." - Zappa

[This message has been edited by da hobo (edited 06-08-2004 @ 07:27 PM).]

posted 06-09-04 01:50 AM CT (US)     2 / 56  
If these are units found using GeniEd, don't bother. We can all get those.
posted 06-09-04 03:32 AM CT (US)     3 / 56  
So it begins.

The start of the GeniEd inspired newbie scenarios.

Before the Fortified Walls and Keeps with 5 Longbowmen garrisoned inside, not to mention the Gates of AOKH the bloodiest battle in the history of HG will be fought.

The battle against the Dark Side (well, it does support SWGB) of GeniEd.

And as Henry V said in the ES Agincourt scenario, and the Shakespeare play, and numerous books, presumably in real life too...

"The fewer the men, the greater share of honor/honour"

I tink I may have gone too far.

I command the defence of AOKH's Fortified Walls. This is why.
"Today men, you shall face an endless tide. This haven of useful AOK/TC related stuff is under threat. The n00bs who have got their grubby paws on OUR secret weapon, GeniEd, and plan to use it to FLOOD our Blacksmith, our Mods section AND our utilities. We MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! TODAY WE FIGHT!"

*cheer*

[This message has been edited by GaladhrimWarrior (edited 06-09-2004 @ 03:34 AM).]

posted 06-09-04 04:17 AM CT (US)     4 / 56  

Quote:

So it begins. The start of the GeniEd inspired newbie scenarios.

Sigged.

posted 06-09-04 05:46 AM CT (US)     5 / 56  

Quote:

And as Henry V said in the ES Agincourt scenario, and the Shakespeare play, and numerous books, presumably in real life too...

"The fewer the men, the greater share of honor/honour"

Nah, he never actually said that. It's like the Richard III horse thing, he never said it, cause he was probably too busy being stabbed by 6 or 7 peasant swordsmen.

Quote:

I tink I may have gone too far.

ditto for me too.

And I'm making a template that has a water picture of scrappy doo. It's get put in best of the blacksmith :rolleyes:

posted 06-09-04 06:23 AM CT (US)     6 / 56  
*laughs*

That is priceless, GaladhrimWarrior.

posted 06-09-04 06:50 AM CT (US)     7 / 56  
Heh.

I should make a scen. out of it!

"Today men, you shall face an endless tide. This haven of useful AOK/TC related stuff is under threat. The n00bs who have got their grubby paws on OUR secret weapon, GeniEd, and plan to use it to FLOOD our Blacksmith, our Mods section AND our utilities. We MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! TODAY WE FIGHT!"

*cheer*

posted 06-09-04 07:13 AM CT (US)     8 / 56  
(sorry 'bout the double post)

Okay. Here we go. I spent a whole 20 minutes thinking up a little speech before the battle.

It is now my siggy.

I PROMISE I'll stop now.

*cheer*

[This message has been edited by GaladhrimWarrior (edited 06-09-2004 @ 07:14 AM).]

posted 06-09-04 11:16 AM CT (US)     9 / 56  
*Ponders joining ranks*
posted 06-09-04 12:33 PM CT (US)     10 / 56  
*pulls his rusty sword from the stable haystack*

TO ARMS!

Baldur's Gate: Design 95%, Triggers 93%, Map 97%
<On hold for now>
Current Build: 116 (Download it here!)

Favorite AOK-related links:
Laws of Map Editor, FAQ,Dragon Design Articles,Random Tips to Improving your Campaign/Scenario, BBCode Reference

posted 06-09-04 03:50 PM CT (US)     11 / 56  
SPAM!

Helmet_Olsomn2
The Library.:.Age of Civilizations
"So I had a choice, either take the word of a madman, or defend America." - President Bush
"Most look up and admire the stars. A champion climbs a mountain and grabs one."
posted 06-09-04 06:56 PM CT (US)     12 / 56  

(A cheap knock-off of Aragorn's war cry from the movie)

"A day may come when the faith of Forumers fail; but it is not this day! This day,

We fight!

Angels,
Seraphs,

My Brothers!"

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
METC Design Teäm Loyalist
Random Quote
"If I'm white Chocolate, then that must mean Michael Jackson is Chocolate Milk." - Some Random person I met at camp

[This message has been edited by Endoras_the_Elf (edited 06-09-2004 @ 06:57 PM).]

posted 06-09-04 07:29 PM CT (US)     13 / 56  
*Uses Battle Horn from Marko's Campaign*
*Draws a Masamune from somewhere*

"If we're destined to die, die with honour"
Pour le AOKH!!

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 06-09-04 09:45 PM CT (US)     14 / 56  
*clears throat*

Welcome to Scenario Design Mathipoux!

-And thanks for posting too...forgive us our humor too as we believe we already have accessed the units mentioned.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 06-11-04 12:26 PM CT (US)     15 / 56  
"We come to it at last. The Great Battle of our time!"
"Whatever betide you, this will be the end of Gondor AoKH as you know it."
posted 06-11-04 12:32 PM CT (US)     16 / 56  
this is off topic, yet somewhat vital.

Please, smokingfrog2, change your location to something original. Emma Watson is my Location...and it cannot be taken...

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
Random Quote
"If I'm white Chocolate, then that must mean Michael Jackson is Chocolate Milk." - Some Random person I met at camp

[This message has been edited by Endoras_the_Elf (edited 06-11-2004 @ 12:33 PM).]

posted 06-11-04 12:54 PM CT (US)     17 / 56  
A noobie with GeniEd is like an infant with gasoline.

¯\/\\evo'_____________________________________
¯¯//¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
posted 06-11-04 05:31 PM CT (US)     18 / 56  
I knew it was gonna come to this. I knew it from the day I saw the first post about it, and when I saw a mamluke with 12 range and arbs shooting scorp bolts, I knew that the end had started.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 06-11-04 05:37 PM CT (US)     19 / 56  
the apocalypse is upon us.

Wassup????
I Am...
ñdórås Thé lƒ
Random Quote
posted 06-11-04 08:05 PM CT (US)     20 / 56  
I still say GeniEd is the death of traditional AoK Scenario Designing--you know, the way we all know it.

We have to unite and put a stop to this perilous scourge.

Helmet_Olsomn2
The Library.:.Age of Civilizations
"So I had a choice, either take the word of a madman, or defend America." - President Bush
"Most look up and admire the stars. A champion climbs a mountain and grabs one."
posted 06-11-04 08:46 PM CT (US)     21 / 56  
*Pulls out axe*

FOR AoKH!

*charges*

Quote:

I still say GeniEd is the death of traditional AoK Scenario Designing--you know, the way we all know it.

That's what I said in the "Stats Problem" thread in the modpack forum.

| D A R C K R C D D |
posted 06-11-04 08:48 PM CT (US)     22 / 56  
Well not everybody that will have this software in there hand going to make such crazy thing... so dont say its the apocalypse becaus i don't think it is. Oh and by the way i started to create my own units i want to create my own mod .
posted 06-11-04 11:26 PM CT (US)     23 / 56  
If you want to make an announcement on a modpack conversion project, go here. That's the Mod Forum.
posted 06-11-04 11:55 PM CT (US)     24 / 56  
*watches as Darck is cut down by a scorpion with 50 range and 1000 attack*

See fellas, this is what happens when you're the only person charging at an army of superhuman siege weapons!

*sighs*

*cheer*

posted 06-12-04 00:02 AM CT (US)     25 / 56  

Quote:

*watches as Darck is cut down by a scorpion with 50 range and 1000 attack*
See fellas, this is what happens when you're the only person charging at an army of superhuman siege weapons!

*sighs*

He should use the invincible effect on himself before charging onto those monstrous weapons.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 06-12-2004 @ 00:02 AM).]

posted 06-12-04 01:14 AM CT (US)     26 / 56  
Or else give himself high pierce armor

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 06-12-04 02:02 AM CT (US)     27 / 56  
*Uses own less than respawn trick to rise from the dead, this time with 50,000 attack and invincebility*

I TEH SUPER UNIT! LOLOLOL!

| D A R C K R C D D |
posted 06-12-04 04:57 AM CT (US)     28 / 56  
No need to sing the swan song of AoK design again. If I understand the functions of GenieEd correctly, things such as altered stats or different missiles only work if people also download and use a changed dat file.

Not many people will go through the hassle and have their dat file replaced for every scenario they download. Also, they would need to change the dat file anytime they choose to play a different scenario/campaign. If they just played scenario X with the patched dat file X, they would need to change that dat file to patched dat file Y again if they play scenario Y. And then, if they have played scenario Y, and somehow feel they want to try scenario X again, they'd also have to change their dat file for that scenario again...

Even if you have the nerve to do that (I don't), it is easy to get confused - because one patched dat file just looks like the other. So "abusing" GenieEd for mamelukes which fire 50 range firebolts may be possible, but the effort to install such scenarios is probably just too big, and too restrictive for players to really consider it.

Take away that, and the remaining functions of GenieEd are quite useful: You can create and detect hidden units with triggers now, which gives designers some nice extra possibilities. If I got Berserker right in his other post, those triggers will also work if other people play it on their computers, without changing their dat file.

Ingo

posted 06-12-04 06:02 AM CT (US)     29 / 56  

Quote:

No need to sing the swan song of AoK design again. If I understand the functions of GenieEd correctly, things such as altered stats or different missiles only work if people also download and use a changed dat file.

They don't. Unlike modpacks, altered .dat files are automatically transfered to people downloading the campaigns, but only take effect in that particular scenario. Ykkrosh took particular care with this aspect, understanding that people may not like having to swap critical files around just to play a scenario.

Ingo, I think these people are carrying this whole thing a bit too far, but there is a possibility for abuse in GeniEd. We'd start to see the campaign section get flooded with cheap RPGs with absurd unit stats. There is a possibility for "too much of a good thing". Also, GeniEd hasn't been tested to its greatest extent, and some people I know have complained about how it sometimes causes harm to crucial files.

And there is also the possibility that the easy-to-use stat modification program will raised public expectations of a good campaign to "include" stat editing. Worse, we might start to see reviews knocking off points because of aspects they deem could have better been done with GeniEd. "The such-and-such part looked dumb, you should have used GeniEd to do yadda yadda." Unheard of!

Ah well. *Turns himself into a Cobra Car that fires Siege Onager shots*

posted 06-12-04 01:55 PM CT (US)     30 / 56  

Quoted from Lord Fadawah:

They don't. Unlike modpacks, altered .dat files are automatically transfered to people downloading the campaigns, but only take effect in that particular scenario. Ykkrosh took particular care with this aspect, understanding that people may not like having to swap critical files around just to play a scenario.

This is interesting news, because I understood exactly the opposite from some forum discussions. Anyhow, this would make GeniEd an even more powerful program. I would prefer to look at the positive side of it: It gives new possibilities to designers. How about language dll changes? Will it be possible to give one particular type of unit (e.g. hero Tamerlane) a different name throughout a campaign, without other people actually downloading the language dll? Then we would suddenly be able to create renamed units in-game, and downloaders would not have the fuss of replacing dlls. It would be great if either you or anyone else could shed some light on this, I'm not really familiar with GeniEd.

Ingo, I think these people are carrying this whole thing a bit too far, but there is a possibility for abuse in GeniEd. We'd start to see the campaign section get flooded with cheap RPGs with absurd unit stats. There is a possibility for "too much of a good thing". Also, GeniEd hasn't been tested to its greatest extent, and some people I know have complained about how it sometimes causes harm to crucial files.

I do see your point, but all powerful editor devices may be and have been mis-used. Ridiculous unit stats have already been done with the TC editor, but I'm quite happy the TC editor does allow to alter stats... On the other hand, if crucial files may be harmed, this is a different matter. Did this only affect users who run the GeniEd program on their computer, or also people who just download scenarios that were done with GeniEd?

Worse, we might start to see reviews knocking off points because of aspects they deem could have better been done with GeniEd. "The such-and-such part looked dumb, you should have used GeniEd to do yadda yadda."

Yeah... and then the reviewer would find a friendly email from the review moderating team in his inbox, which asks him not to do it.

From what I've seen, the GeniEd glass is half full and not half empty.

Ingo

posted 06-12-04 02:08 PM CT (US)     31 / 56  

Quote:

They don't. Unlike modpacks, altered .dat files are automatically transfered to people downloading the campaigns, but only take effect in that particular scenario.

So you are saying that if I make a scenario with altered stats on units, then these altered units remain in the scenario, and stay the same on a machine without the altered .dat file?

Triggers with hidden units work on other machines without the altered files because the information is already in the standard .dat file, just hidden. But if you alter a units stats, IE an archer that shoots bolts, then this will only work on a machine with the edited .dat file. Unless I'm missing something.

[This message has been edited by Berserker Jerker (edited 06-12-2004 @ 02:34 PM).]

posted 06-12-04 02:30 PM CT (US)     32 / 56  
I think he only meant the fact that hidden units are "unhiddened" on the object list, BJ. Since this only affect the designing process, playing the scenario will have no problem about this.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 06-12-2004 @ 02:31 PM).]

posted 06-12-04 02:48 PM CT (US)     33 / 56  
Yeah you must be right t_c, but Quote: Unlike modpacks, altered .dat files are automatically transfered to people downloading the campaigns, but only take effect in that particular scenario this implies the altered data is saved along with the scenario data from the editor, now I know this is not true.
posted 06-12-04 03:46 PM CT (US)     34 / 56  
Although such information won't be saved along with a scenario file, I wonder what will happen on a saved game (watching one). Can we still see a solider throwing fire ball in it?

*test

posted 06-12-04 11:03 PM CT (US)     35 / 56  
...Really? It seems I've been misinformed.

T_C, I think you would need to install a .dat file. Since recorded games are just files with instructions on what to do in them, it doesn't seem likely that they would run without the modified file. After all, games recorded with 1.0c are not compatible with older versions, and vice versa.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » more then 120 new unit
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames