Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Special Topic: Hey I'm Back
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-19-15 08:06 PM CT (US)   
Apparently someone deleted my last post. I pity the fools that partake in such illegal activity. But anyways, I'M BACK. My homecoming was as astounding of LeBron James' return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Haha, but now that I'm an NBA fan, things have been changing. I've finally returned back to the U.S. and took some English courses over the past month or two. Enrolling in a college, I've gladly accepted a scholarship offer from Rice university. But sometimes I feel, professionalism isn't always the key to writing a nice topic. Maybe it's just relating back to the audience.
I recently started playing AOE2 HD: and it's been a great sensation, with my Elite Plumed Archers firing arrows up the CPU's Man-at-arms' arses. Really, it's been a great month of endulgement.
This special topic wouldn't be complete without one thing; AOE2 Trivia! I have been following in my old footsteps, so don't worry, I haven't fully changed.
Q:Which unit has a special attack bonus against other special units (trained at the castle)?
Anyways, adios amigos! Learning Spanish too, btw, but first got to get better at AOE2! I barely rushed the Hard CPU.

Hey I'm back
Replies:
posted 04-19-15 08:17 PM CT (US)     1 / 38  
I believe Popey moved your other topic here. Welcome back!

The answer to your trivia question is the Samurai, a unique unit with a bonus vs other unique units.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 04-19-15 08:49 PM CT (US)     2 / 38  
Hi!

The answer to your trivia question is the Samurai, a unique unit with a bonus vs other unique units.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 04-19-15 08:57 PM CT (US)     3 / 38  
oh it's you.

I thought you were perma-banned?

EDIT: that wasn't meant to come off asshole-ish, even though it kinda did.

How have you been?

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 04-19-2015 @ 09:30 PM).]

posted 04-19-15 10:03 PM CT (US)     4 / 38  
about time, super special topic guy

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["The prequels were great. They had some unironic high moments, laughable low points, and a cornucopia of memes. The sequels are just porridge and white noise." -Some internet rando.]
posted 04-19-15 11:27 PM CT (US)     5 / 38  
Prettty sure that signature's not appropriate.

Your English has improved a lot. Your previous use of the language gave me an impression that you were Indian.

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 04-19-2015 @ 11:29 PM).]

posted 04-20-15 00:16 AM CT (US)     6 / 38  
Hello! I don't believe we've met. I'm the village idiot the local Catholic fanatic an insufferable, big-headed jackass very pleased to meet you!

The answer to your question is: samur-eye.

Now I have a question for you! What's the latest AOE2 HD patch?
Prettty sure that signature's not appropriate.
I would be inclined to agree - if everyone wasn't trying to get around it all the time.

Why do they still censor that word?

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.

[This message has been edited by Cheap Plastic Rosary (edited 04-20-2015 @ 00:17 AM).]

posted 04-20-15 02:45 AM CT (US)     7 / 38  
Please remove the banned word from your signature.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-20-15 04:12 AM CT (US)     8 / 38  
As much as we don't bother with swearing here, it's still in the CoC and I don't think that's been changed for a long time.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 04-20-15 04:45 AM CT (US)     9 / 38  
It's actually part of the law. HG signed up to abide by COPPA or we would have to be an 18+ site.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-20-15 07:14 AM CT (US)     10 / 38  
posted 04-20-15 08:43 AM CT (US)     11 / 38  
I quite agree, John

But given the law, Popey is right.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 04-20-15 09:13 AM CT (US)     12 / 38  
Welcome back
posted 04-20-15 09:37 AM CT (US)     13 / 38  
that's a law?

posted 04-20-15 09:45 AM CT (US)     14 / 38  
It's a special law.
posted 04-20-15 09:46 AM CT (US)     15 / 38  
HG signed up to abide by COPPA or we would have to be an 18+ site.
18+ wouldn't be so bad today though.

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 04-20-15 09:47 AM CT (US)     16 / 38  
I don't make the stupid rules, I just enforce them as loosely as I can get away with.

posted 04-20-15 09:48 AM CT (US)     17 / 38  
Just out of interest, are there any users under 18 on AoKH?
I don't make the stupid rules, I just enforce them as loosely as I can get away with.
Would there be consequences if you didn't enforce them?

[This message has been edited by Aleph (edited 04-20-2015 @ 09:51 AM).]

posted 04-20-15 10:03 AM CT (US)     18 / 38  
Just out of interest, are there any users under 18 on AoKH?
That's an interesting question. I'm inclined to say yes, although the average age here is almost certainly higher than that of any other AoE2 community site (not counting design teams or online clans).

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 04-20-15 10:05 AM CT (US)     19 / 38  
Let's see; pretty sure Jetkill is under 18; maybe Sipia and Regan, as well? Dev just turned 18, so he's no longer special circumstances. Not sure about anyone else.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 04-20-15 10:07 AM CT (US)     20 / 38  
Would there be consequences if you didn't enforce them?
Well I wouldn't be a very effective moderator, would I?

posted 04-20-15 10:07 AM CT (US)     21 / 38  
the average age here is almost certainly higher than that of any other AoE2 community site
That's hard to say without doing a census. I know AoCZone users as young as 12 and as old as 54.
edit: 61 even

[This message has been edited by Aleph (edited 04-20-2015 @ 10:11 AM).]

posted 04-20-15 10:08 AM CT (US)     22 / 38  
maybe Sipia and Regan, as well?
I turn 19 in August.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 04-20-15 10:33 AM CT (US)     23 / 38  
Who's up for a census thread? Completely voluntary, but I think most of are pretty open about our ages and general location.

posted 04-20-15 10:35 AM CT (US)     24 / 38  
Sure, sounds like a good idea.
posted 04-20-15 10:47 AM CT (US)     25 / 38  
I don't see why not.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Special Topic: Hey I'm Back
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames