You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Chivalry - Download Now!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 110 ··· 120 ··· 130 ··· 140 ··· 150 ··· 160 ··· 165  Next Page »
posted 08-15-06 03:46 PM CT (US)   

GET IT HERE
Present version 2.03 - updated 29 December 2018.

Join the AoCH Discord!

Age of Chivalry - a total conversion modpack for AoE II:TC set in Western and Central Europe 1100-1500 AD.
Requires the c patch (Don't install it if your version of AoK already has the c patch pre-installed!)

The first modification pack for Age of Empires II that changes every civilisation in the game, Age of Chivalry: Hegemony is a unique and critically acclaimed project set in Western and Central Europe during the period 1100-1500.

Changing not only graphics and civilisations, the entire gameplay has been altered to better reflect the intricacies of High and Late Medieval politics and warfare, and to make each country provide a unique playing experience. There's new, civilisation-specific buildings such as the Princely Court, the Guild Hall and the Assembly Hall, as well as over a dozen new technologies, unique and revolutionary Policy Decisions, a mercenary system, new combat dynamics and even a revised history section. An eight-scenario historical campaign featuring some of the period's decisive battles and sieges is included to introduce some of these elements to the player.

New features:
• Command one of three types of civilisation: the early-game Communal civilisations, the mid-game, militia/spear-centred Urban societies or the heavy infantry/cavalry Noble principalities
• Prepare to fight! Changed game mechanics ensure a much earlier start to the combat, with archery units available in the first age and castles and battering rams in the second
• Complement your armies with mercenaries like the Genoese Crossbowman, the Privateer, or Scots Guards
• Take up the fight as Austria, Bavaria, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Brittany, Burgundy, Denmark, England, Flanders, Florence, France, Friesland, Genoa, Guelders, Helvetia, Hungary, Liège, Milan, Naples, the Papal States, Poland, Savoy, Saxony, Scotland, Venice, or Wales, each completely different
• Advance your country on one of at least two paths by making essential policy decisions, affecting the future of your people
• New buildings, technologies, and units, from the ordinances of the Princely Court to the might of each faction’s hero
• Research new, civ-specific, technologies, such as English Longbowmen or Helvetia's Eidgenossenschaft
• Discover the history of each of the 26 countries - plus special articles on the period's conflicts and warriors
• Historical 9-scenario campaign takes you through some of the major events of the period (the battle of Bouvines, the Barons' War, the conquest of West Friesland, the battle of Kortrijk, the start of the Hundred Years War, the battle of Chioggia, the siege of Maastricht, the battle of Vitkov Hill and the siege of Neuss)

Comes with auto-installer - no more hassle moving files about!

Download (99 mb)
GET IT HERE (version 2.03, 29 December 2018)
Mirror on ModDB HERE

German language pack
A German language pack is available for version 2.03, made by Marian Spill (install after installing the latest release of Age of Chivalry).
Download it from:
[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

Italian language pack
An Italian language pack for verson 2.03 was made by JimGam9 (Gianmarco Di Totero) (install after installing the latest release of Age of Chivalry).
[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

Spanish language pack
A Spanish language pack is also available, made by igorhp (most of the work), wowegoo and Sak (install after installing the latest release of Age of Chivalry).
Download it from:
[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

igorhp - Steam profile
ZyPhr@™ / wowegoo - Steam profile
Sak - Steam profile - Youtube channel

Additional resources:
- Homepage, featuring country profiles.
- The Age of Chivalry wiki, maintained by jordanthejq12.
- A visual tech tree made by HerzogDePuce.

Now includes the Userpatch, which allows you to set the population limit to 1000, play with widescreen, and many more features besides!

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by Kor (edited 05-06-2019 @ 02:17 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-15-06 03:52 PM CT (US)     1 / 5772  
I will test, BTW, what happened to Trial by Battle?
posted 08-15-06 04:24 PM CT (US)     2 / 5772  
Those mods look great. I like 'em.

dannyking.me

posted 08-15-06 05:24 PM CT (US)     3 / 5772  
Hey cool, thats Maastricht!

B e n d e r s . . . © 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
posted 08-15-06 05:40 PM CT (US)     4 / 5772  
This looks awsome!!!!! I would playtest, but I am a complete noob at activating mods. In other words, I do not know how to work mods

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 08-15-06 06:07 PM CT (US)     5 / 5772  
I thought you quit on the mod when the Jorgito27Aqua scandal came, but you didn't I'll playtest. E-mail in profile.

me

[This message has been edited by Megaidiot (edited 08-15-2006 @ 08:34 PM).]

posted 08-15-06 06:37 PM CT (US)     6 / 5772  
This looks great! I would playtest, I have a fair knowledge on Medieval history, but I cannot, for I do not have the time. Good luck anyway.
posted 08-15-06 09:51 PM CT (US)     7 / 5772  
Damn, if I still played AoK (and knew how to use mods), I'd give this a try.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 08-15-06 10:07 PM CT (US)     8 / 5772  
Looks great, guys! I would love to playtest.
posted 08-15-06 10:30 PM CT (US)     9 / 5772  
I'm very happy to hear that this is almost done! I can't playtest, but good luck with the process and I can't wait to try out the final product.
posted 08-15-06 11:14 PM CT (US)     10 / 5772  
This is quite an inspiring piece of work! No playtesting for me though. Looks great though!

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!
posted 08-16-06 04:57 AM CT (US)     11 / 5772  

Quoted from Megaidiot:

I thought you quit on the mod when the Jorgito27Aqua scandal came, but you didn't

We simply withdrew from the public eye, as we said. Work carried on, just without the updates for the public.

Regarding Trial by Battle, Tanneur, we may update it to work with the mod and finish it off then, but no promises. It would be a later release, also.

posted 08-16-06 08:00 AM CT (US)     12 / 5772  

Quoted from Megaidiot:

I thought you quit on the mod when the Jorgito27Aqua scandal came, but you didn't I'll playtest. E-mail in profile.

Quoted from Andrew Dunn:

We simply withdrew from the public eye, as we said. Work carried on, just without the updates for the public.

Well, I sure am glad. I've been waiting for this since you guys announced about what, a long time ago?
I'll difinitely playtest.

xingjian_ma@yahoo.com

BTW Do we have to have Age of Chivlary to play? If we do, I'll have to dif through all my removable hard disks to find it.:P

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR

[This message has been edited by xingjianma (edited 08-16-2006 @ 08:03 AM).]

posted 08-16-06 09:09 AM CT (US)     13 / 5772  
We'll be distributing the newest version of Age of Chivalry to any beta-testers.

The released version contains less than 30% of the content of the newest one, at a rough estimate.

posted 08-16-06 09:16 AM CT (US)     14 / 5772  
I'ld help, but I would probably get lazy and not give much info, I would like to help, but i wouldn't be much use!

Good luck with anyway guys!

Will you be replacing the in-game campaigns with your own works? Some if not all? Though it woldn't really be needed..anyway I could try to help with online play if you end up having too few testers. However I suck, badly and terribly, comes of not having actually played a random map in AoK:TC for a number of years.

EDIT: BTW, maybe you should try get some Gs&D'ers as they would generally be more useful than most of the SD people in balance issues!

[This message has been edited by WildCardDoW (edited 08-16-2006 @ 09:24 AM).]

posted 08-16-06 09:50 AM CT (US)     15 / 5772  
I don't usually download mod packs etc., but I downloaded the Age of Chiv. one, it was pretty good, so i'll download this to see what can be made of it Looking good

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
posted 08-17-06 11:34 AM CT (US)     16 / 5772  
Thanks for the positive comments, everyone!
We're still working on improving the game as much as we can before sending out the beta (as it is rather big, we'll send out links to download it from); it may take a week or two before we're ready. Until then, we can only welcome more beta-testers.

Quoted from xingjianma:

BTW Do we have to have Age of Chivlary to play?

No, Age of Chivalry: Hegemony can be installed over normal AoK:TC; however, you do have to have the latest patch installed (which you can download from AoKH's frontpage).

Quoted from WildCardDow:

Will you be replacing the in-game campaigns with your own works? Some if not all?

We thought for a while to replace the "Battles of the Conquerors" campaign with our own Age of Chivalry: Hegemony one (which also features historical battles/sieges) but decided against it, because we couldn't properly alter the locations of the scenarios on the map. So it'll just be as a custom campaign.

Quoted from WildCardDow:

BTW, maybe you should try get some Gs&D'ers as they would generally be more useful than most of the SD people in balance issues!

That's a good idea, but we're not entirely focussed on a balanced game here as much as a fun one; casual players and scenario designers are our primary audience.

Quoted from Bendak:

Hey cool, thats Maastricht!

Even the Slevrouwe is there. We're also using a different building for the Servaas, now - one that actually looks slightly similar.

Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by Kor (edited 08-17-2006 @ 11:36 AM).]

posted 08-17-06 11:44 AM CT (US)     17 / 5772  
Looks great.

But would the the beta need Modpack studio installed, and open the mod the normal way like others?

Or would there just be it's own installer?

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 08-17-06 12:15 PM CT (US)     18 / 5772  
This looks really great! The best mod I've seen so far, at least what I've seen from it

Quoted from Megaidiot:

I thought you quit on the mod when the Jorgito27Aqua scandal came, but you didn't

What was the scandal exactly? I wasn't here by then...

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 08-17-06 04:18 PM CT (US)     19 / 5772  

Quoted from Scud:

But would the the beta need Modpack studio installed, and open the mod the normal way like others?

The mod requires Mod Pack Studio; there are also seperate files with the beta which need to be manually installed (but this is very simple, just copying files to the proper folders and backing stuff up in advance). We are thinking of using an installer for the additional files when we release it.

Quoted from Basse:

What was the scandal exactly? I wasn't here by then...

He used some of my art without permission, and when confronted with this denied it and attacked us, basically.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 08-17-06 06:34 PM CT (US)     20 / 5772  
Then people had the "nerve" to defend him, where as Kor clearly pointed out his work was stolen, and without starting the debate up again. Since he stole from Kor, then tried to deny it, who knows how much of his work is actually original...?
posted 08-18-06 05:13 AM CT (US)     21 / 5772  
Nearly all of it can be traced to games like Celtic Kings, which he lifted sprites wholesale from, but never mind. That's not the focus here - it's getting testers for our mod!

Could those of you who've been less than definite in your posts please clarify one way or the other if you'd be willing to test? Just for convenience's sake and so we don't end up emailing people who don't want to be.

posted 08-18-06 03:35 PM CT (US)     22 / 5772  
Firstly, can I express my admiration for your work; based on the graphical changes alone, it seems clear that the game has been entirely transformed.

Also, once I have access to a decent PC and some free time, I'd love to beta test if you still need help at that point.

Current Project: The Third Crusade (HCC Entry) | Status: 90% Completed
Member of Historiae Populorum | Website | Forums
posted 08-19-06 03:52 AM CT (US)     23 / 5772  
I WANT TO TEST!!!

Is that clear enough?

BTW please ignore the email I gave in the last post and use this one instead.

xingjian_ma826@hotmail.com

Are you really going to get some from G&SD? Then look no further!! Actuaully, I think it would be great if it was balanced as well as fun.

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
posted 08-19-06 11:02 AM CT (US)     24 / 5772  
We definitely want balance as well, and indeed the primary focus of the mod is the vast array of gameplay changes we've made, so we'd welcome any balance suggestions from playtesters.
posted 08-20-06 11:32 AM CT (US)     25 / 5772  
Beta testers added to the topic post.

Duncan, you're very welcome to test! And it's good to see you again, it's been a while.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 08-20-06 11:42 AM CT (US)     26 / 5772  
Is it possible to have AoK: TC installed twice (in different locations of course)? I would like to beta test AoC with this empty AoK: TC, while the other one with all my scenarios would stay untouched. Would it be sexually-intercoursed up? I'm afraid to try before I get your replies.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 08-20-06 11:49 AM CT (US)     27 / 5772  
I believe that can work, certainly. Still though, the installation isn't terribly extensive (only four files are replaced: the three language.dll files and the empires2_x1_p1.dat file in your data folder) so it's easy to make a back-up of these files and simply put them back whenever you want to switch to normal AoK.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 08-21-06 04:54 AM CT (US)     28 / 5772  
If you were to do that, Surge, you'd probably have to copy the entire AoK folder to a different location, as the installation program for AoK doesn't seem to like installing to a location other than the default, from what I remember.
posted 08-21-06 05:45 AM CT (US)     29 / 5772  
I'd like to playtest, it sounds good Age Of Chivalry, my email is aok_playtester@yahoo.co.uk
posted 08-21-06 11:52 AM CT (US)     30 / 5772  
I would like to playtest Age of Chivalry, my email is at cabalpatriarchx@netscape.net
posted 08-22-06 06:36 AM CT (US)     31 / 5772  
Have you sent it out yet?

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
posted 08-22-06 09:44 AM CT (US)     32 / 5772  
No, we have not. It'll be sent out soon enough, and we'll announce it in the thread then too.
posted 08-23-06 00:45 AM CT (US)     33 / 5772  
I'm not much of a scenario design person but I'm a pro at modding, I'd love to beta test the mod part, I'll give you some good feedback.
posted 08-23-06 04:10 PM CT (US)     34 / 5772  
The consept is brilliant. I love that you change so much of the game, and the new graphics are real good. Would love to be a beta tester, just send it to the e-mail in my profile. And btw, if your going to do voice overs for the campaigns, I would love to be a voice actor!

Proud AOKH'er.

Creator of the PbP book. Check it out at www.serentine.blogspot.com
posted 08-24-06 01:41 PM CT (US)     35 / 5772  
So when will you send it out?

me
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 110 ··· 120 ··· 130 ··· 140 ··· 150 ··· 160 ··· 165  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Age of Chivalry - Download Now!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames