Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Revolving Doors Mafia - Endgame: SK Win
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 09-22-14 03:41 AM CT (US)   

Revolving Doors Mafia is a 7 player game.
Flavour is not damning. It is an original idea by myself.
The game might contain roles you have never seen before, as well as some you may not have seen for a long time.
Massclaims will not help you. I have taken steps to ensure that one will not break the game.
All role emails have the same structure:
1. A paragraph of prose outlining the backstory.
2. A few lines describing all game mechanics applicable to that player.
3. "You win when all threats to your safety are defeated" for all town players.

Rules:

My decisions in this game are final.
You are expected to understand and follow the rules.
Email any questions to popeychops@heavengames.com
Bold any part of your post that you want me to respond to, or I will ignore it.
Dates and times will be given in United Kingdom standard format [(dd/mm/yy), GMT+0]. EST = GMT - 5, PST = GMT - 7.
India = GMT + 5:30

Any random element of the game, such as roles, will be decided using assistance from Random.org

During Day phases, you may speak freely and vote for a person to be lynched, e.g:
Vote: Somebody.
If you wish to vote for another person that day, please:
Unvote: Somebody and Vote: Someone Else.
Giving names when you unvote will help me keep postcounts accurate.

You may not vote for yourself.

The Day phases will continue until a majority of votes have been placed on a single player, or to forfeit. If the day lasts longer than 168 hours (one week) I may end the day without a lynch if activity has slumped.

Night Phases follow Day Phases and will last between 48 and 72 hours, or until I receive every action.

During Night phases, you may not speak freely in the thread. Any posts I consider to impact the game may be punished as I see fit. Congratulatory messages are fine. Strategy discussion is not.

You may not communicate outside the thread, unless your role email permits you to do so.

Inactive players will be prodded and then replaced.

You may quote from your role email as much as you like, but all role emails will be written in the same format and will be of similar length. Anyone can lie.

Editing posts may result in a modkill. You have been warned.

When you are dead, you may not post in the thread beyond "good luck" messages. Failure to comply will result in punishments for your faction.
You may or may not be able to use your night action on yourself.

Follow the CoC at all times.

Have fun!

Alive and "Well":
5. Reganknight - Captain Hook, Serial Psychopath

In the Morgue:
CarolKarine - Nicki Minaj, Serial Psychopath
Scragins - Albert Einstein, Serial Psychopath
Lord Sipia - Henry V, Mafia Recruiting Mason
Possidon - Aro, Cult Serial Psychopath
Devestator - Winston Churchill, Cult Psychiatrist
Dementor - Mario Balotelli, Mafia Daykiller

Replacements:
Blatant
Excelsior

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 09-30-2014 @ 06:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-22-14 03:42 AM CT (US)     1 / 132  
It is now night.
Send in your actions to popeychops@heavengames.com

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 09-22-14 09:02 AM CT (US)     2 / 132  
Curse you and your ability to lock and rename threads

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-22-14 10:22 AM CT (US)     3 / 132  
A kill attempt on CarolKarine has failed.

It is now Day One.

posted 09-22-14 10:38 AM CT (US)     4 / 132  

CarolKarine, playing as Nicki Minaj, has been killed.
She was a Failed Musician.

It is still Day One.

posted 09-22-14 10:48 AM CT (US)     5 / 132  
...The hell?

Hmm. At any rate, given that Carol's name was highlighted purple, I'm going to assume he was third-party. His exact role (beyond his name and title) also aren't given, so either this is a mechanic to this game or there's a janitor in the game.

So. Who has any leads?

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 09-22-14 11:02 AM CT (US)     6 / 132  
I just came to a rather rash conclusion, but I'm just gonna throw it out there. Since there's only seven players in this game, the chances that there's both a third party and a mafia is a bit crazy. So either the mafia is rather weak, or maybe there's no mafia at all. Since this game is already looking to be rather crazy (judging from the topic post and the first person killed being Nicki Minaj... Seriously?), it wouldn't be all that out there. That's just a preliminary observation, though.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
posted 09-22-14 11:13 AM CT (US)     7 / 132  
Well shit, I really wanted to play.

Popey, I'm not going to ask to be a replacement because you've already got two, so can I talk to you via email about the setup and what happens in the game?

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-22-14 11:14 AM CT (US)     8 / 132  
Okay, someone really wanted CK dead. Looks like there's a day killer too. I suppose we start with a random claim? Unless anyone has got any cop results or other leads we can start with.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-22-14 11:21 AM CT (US)     9 / 132  
Well it looks as though there were two attempts at Carol. One Night attack which failed and then a day attack, which was obviously successful.
posted 09-22-14 11:23 AM CT (US)     10 / 132  
Hey, wait a sec. I just noticed that Carol is still being listed as "Alive" in the topic post. Is that a mistake, or...?

posted 09-22-14 11:25 AM CT (US)     11 / 132  
Probably a mistake

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-22-14 11:50 AM CT (US)     12 / 132  
Topic post updated. I forgot to correct it after the post made during the day.

posted 09-22-14 11:51 AM CT (US)     13 / 132  
A Daykill on Devestator has failed.

posted 09-22-14 11:59 AM CT (US)     14 / 132  
what

There's two daykillers? And a nightkiller?

This game is gonna be a doozy, isn't it?

posted 09-22-14 12:00 PM CT (US)     15 / 132  
Woah! Either their's more than one day-vigilante type person, or whoever the day-killer is has multiple opportunities throughout the day.
posted 09-22-14 12:00 PM CT (US)     16 / 132  
Or at least, I'm gonna assume that those two daykill attempts were different people, since being able to perform two kills in one day is unprecedented.

posted 09-22-14 12:03 PM CT (US)     17 / 132  
Well the first kill attempt on Carol, and the kill attempt on Dev were both fails, so I'm guess either we have multiple Doctors/Protector type characters or, Dev is Iron.
posted 09-22-14 01:21 PM CT (US)     18 / 132  
Okay this is kind of ridiculous. Don't know of any iron.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-22-14 01:35 PM CT (US)     19 / 132  
I'm guessing Carol had 1-shot iron. The first attempt was blocked and the second was successful. But what are the chances of 2 people targeting the same person? I'm guessing there are 2 parties other than town.
Okay this is kind of ridiculous. Don't know of any iron.
Must of had a doctor protecting you. But what doctor protects someone who isn't a confirmed town. Maybe there was some condition?

This is going to be a one heck of a game!

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
posted 09-22-14 02:29 PM CT (US)     20 / 132  
Or maybe a bunch of people have irons they don't know about.

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 09-22-14 02:32 PM CT (US)     21 / 132  
It doesn't seem likely that people just were randomly protected or had uninformed iron. Maybe one of them was, but two? I'm not buying it. Besides that, you can't have a game with three killers (I'm assuming it's three different killers here) and just let them loose on a game with seven people. I'm pretty sure they're under strict conditions on who they can and can't kill.

posted 09-22-14 04:00 PM CT (US)     22 / 132  
It doesn't seem likely that people just were randomly protected or had uninformed iron. Maybe one of them was, but two? I'm not buying it. Besides that, you can't have a game with three killers (I'm assuming it's three different killers here) and just let them loose on a game with seven people. I'm pretty sure they're under strict conditions on who they can and can't kill.
The game might contain roles you have never seen before, as well as some you may not have seen for a long time.
And with no central theme and flavor not being a factor, this is going to be a toughy.

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
posted 09-22-14 04:11 PM CT (US)     23 / 132  
It could be that the random Irons are the counter to all the killers.

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 09-22-14 11:25 PM CT (US)     24 / 132  
Isn't the whole purpose of point of a day kill normally to be immune to role blocks, doctor protection etc? Not that this game is seeming normal so far with 3 kill attempts.
With 6 people alive and 3 attempted kills if we assume they all came from different players does that mean that 3/6 players are scum and we have a 50% of randomly lynching scum.
posted 09-22-14 11:37 PM CT (US)     25 / 132  
If 3/6 players were scum the game would prob be over.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Revolving Doors Mafia - Endgame: SK Win
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames