You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Announcement: Mattai Nuies.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-24-14 01:49 PM CT (US)   

Teaser - Coming soon!

STORY

Legend has it, that during the darkest ages of men, or, antiquity once thrived the greatest civilization to ever exist.
The civilization itself is believed to be more than a thousand years old, and has an archaic name to it - Mattai Nuies.
The realm is just a union of petty kingdoms scattered across large four islands. But these petty kingdoms are a direct link to the ancient world.
Kingdoms rose and fell, kings ruled and were dethroned. This vicious cycle has continued for many years to come.
This was, until the Cameronian Wars.
From here on, the prologue cinematic will tell about the events which unfolded in the future.

Step into one of the most impressive generals' shoes and experience a series of revenge, conquests and fights
against the unnatural. Will you be able to end the bickering of foolish kingdoms and focus on the true threat, or
will your conscience remind you of all the people you failed to save?

FEATURES:

• Still unplanned, but a certain amount of scenarios, one of them being fully cinematic.

• Custom modding to give an immersive feeling of a unique civilization. And a lot of eye candy.

• Cool sorceror tricks such as fireballs and conjuration.

• A large variety of unique characters, each having their own agenda.

• A thought provoking story with detailed kingdoms, dynasties and religion.

• Orchestral music to lighten up the epic mood. You can expect music from artists like Zack Hemsey, Ramin Djawadi, TSFH, Audiomachine and etc.

• Mods which add creatures such as giants, zombies and
DRAAAAAAAGONS!!!

• A rather big campaign involving various play styles. This includes RPG, Fixed Force and B&D

SCREENSHOTS:

Great Mat River | The Khargs | The Devil's Eye Cavern | The Map of the world |

SCENARIOS

Legend: Completed | Under development | Not started

1) Prologue - The Ancestral Roots | This is a complete introduction into the world itself.

2) Chapter I - The Man in Purple | Focusing on the current timeline, will our heroes manage to escape the opressive rule?

3) Chapter II - Vandetta. | War is truly inevitable. This will be a chance to get your own personal revenge on those who wronged you.

4) Chapter III - The Nympho and The Maiden | To win the war, you must conquer. Will our heroes succeed in their new task of conquering new, foreign lands?

5) Chapter IV - The Old Sword Gone To Rust | The war is ending, and decisive battles must be fought. Shall you emerge victorious?

6) Chapter V - Firelord's Fury | Did you win the war, or the battle? This is where you truly find out what's happening.

7) Epilogue - The Wrathful King | The end. From here on the story will be wrapped up.

Thread to be updated soon.

[This message has been edited by Mike Oxhard (edited 06-05-2016 @ 02:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-13-14 06:43 AM CT (US)     36 / 54  
Well, I somewhat thought of an idea regarding the complex names. The most complex names will be given to ancient cities, which were built a long time ago. The old way is fading away in general, names and traditions become more diverse and simple. So in a way, the traditions and names become more simple and uncomplicated, yet some older stuff remain complex. What do you guys think?
On another subject, I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress you've made and how the modding affects the design
Here's a screenshot of some eye candy I've added.

Also, Matt, could I borrow the unique rock graphics from ToME? (The ones that LB used for RoA)

posted 12-13-14 10:33 AM CT (US)     37 / 54  
Absolutely.

I'm curious what dragons you are using. I'm doing some dragon experimenting now actually.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 12-13-14 01:09 PM CT (US)     38 / 54  
This one. A friend of mine sent me it during the early stages of AoFE. I asked him who the original author is and he said that this dragon is from some other game, but was also used in the early stages of ToME. So in a way, you should be familiar with this graphic.

posted 12-13-14 04:40 PM CT (US)     39 / 54  
That's from Agememnon's Age of Fantasy. I'm planning on using it in my next scenario.
posted 12-13-14 06:05 PM CT (US)     40 / 54  
It's originally from Baldur's gate.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 12-17-14 12:08 PM CT (US)     41 / 54  
Is this pure coincidence or did you base your name on this?

On topic: looks promising!

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro
posted 03-23-15 11:17 AM CT (US)     42 / 54  
Hey guys, after a long time of lurking I've decided to post something.
Is this pure coincidence or did you base your name on this?
Coincidences as big as this don't happen. I'd say I based the name a little, but not entirely.

Also, I haven't really worked on this project. I sure thought about the plot and all, but everytime I opened the editor, I just get demotivated and decide to do something else. I'll try to start working on this maybe even today.

P.S I'd post some pictures, but most of the map is blank anyway. So Here's a map of Mattai Nuies (Not all locations are on this as of yet )

posted 06-10-15 03:53 PM CT (US)     43 / 54  
Thread updated! Done really minor changes to the cinematic. Hopefully more progress will follow!

posted 06-10-15 10:19 PM CT (US)     44 / 54  
Nice! Fyi, the third screenie linked in the OP sends me to a "cannot load page".

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 06-10-15 11:39 PM CT (US)     45 / 54  
posted 06-11-15 05:11 AM CT (US)     46 / 54  
Thanks for the heads up, guys. Fixed. 😁

posted 08-20-15 07:48 PM CT (US)     47 / 54  
How's this going? I was hoping to give the teaser a try before heading back to uni

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-22-15 09:27 AM CT (US)     48 / 54  
It's halted. I'm pretty sure I won't finish it until school starts.

posted 05-07-16 06:26 PM CT (US)     49 / 54  
Major thread update. I've been designing this for a while, adding small changes, nothing too major.

Here's a new, updated Map of the World.

And here's a new screenie.

The Khargs.

The Khargs were once a mighty kingdom competing in the domination of the Isle of Ghosts, but if it hadn't been for the superior Athelanian adamantium armor the Khargs might've survived the onslaught. After the subjugation they just vanished. Most decided to take up a worship of a new, Dark God and hide in caves for the rest of their lives. Nowadays they resemble something similar to werewolves, usually hunting in packs around the ruins of their old kingdom. Perhaps theres something more to them?

posted 05-08-16 00:26 AM CT (US)     50 / 54  
Wow, that looks very good, especially the castle
Maybe you should add shadows for the Khargs?!
posted 05-08-16 10:54 AM CT (US)     51 / 54  
Nice screenshot! And it's cool to see this getting worked on again

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 06-05-16 02:25 PM CT (US)     52 / 54  
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
@cocacola I didn't make the graphics. I just borrowed them from the Blacksmith and pasted them into AoK. I have zero experience in graphical modding.

Oh, and here's another sneak peak. I'm probably gonna post small snipets of lore so people could get to know the place in which the story unfolds in.

The Devil's Eye

The Devil's Eye is a large cavern on the western part of the Isle of Ghosts. It was originally inhabited by the local Khargs before evil forces corrupted them. For centuries this cavern has been a hiding spot from Atelopian opressors and the people who lived here always came here to worship the old Gods. Numerous of sacred rites of worship were performed here. There's a small pond neighboring the cave and it seems to have an old relic stuck between overgrown plants. Could it be one of the relics which were used to call the Guardians to aid Yunkathians in defence against the Cameronians?

Recently the Devil's Eye became home to the refugees who wished to escape the civil war and Kahutmuac's onslaught.

posted 06-05-16 02:59 PM CT (US)     53 / 54  
Looks quite nice! I haven't kept up with the project much, but it's looking good.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-05-16 04:19 PM CT (US)     54 / 54  
Nice pic! Always good to see more ambitious projects being worked on.

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project Announcement: Mattai Nuies.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames