Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Jeanne D'arc
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-01-12 04:48 AM CT (US)   
Jeanne D'Arc - Dark_Reign
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fictionalized story following the exploits of Joan of Arc to recover France from the English. This scenario is in the RPG style of gameplay.

- Characters:

Jeanne D'Arc
Born as a peasant girl on a farm in North Eastern France, she'd know nothing but war and fear growing up during the English/French 100 years war. Praying every night to God for France's release from turmoil.

Jean De Metz
A proven Knight of the French Army he is a devout Christian who wishes for nothing more to an end to this bloody war. He believes Jeanne is the answer to his prayers.

Giddie
A young and inexperienced horse, quick on his feet but has never seen battle.

Millicent
An experienced war horse, strong and brave but doesn't take kindly to inexperienced riders.

Amis
Wise and loyal, Amis is a well trained and fantastic companion but is neither considered fast nor strong.

- Downloads:
Scenario 1: Teaser.
Updated: 07/12/12

* = Previous version of scenario.
- Screenshots:
Scenario 1 (Teaser)

Scenario 2
Map in progress: 01/02/03/04/05/06. *

* = Previous version of scenario.
- Seven things you may not have known about Joan of Arc:

1. Joan’s real name was Jehanne d’Arc

2. In modern times, some doctors and scholars have “diagnosed” Joan of Arc with disorders ranging from epilepsy to schizophrenia.

3. While commander of the French army, Joan of Arc didn’t participate in active combat. (though we'll ignore this one )

4. Joan of Arc had a famously volatile temper.

5. Contrary to popular belief, Joan of Arc wasn’t burned at the stake for witchcraft—at least not technically.

6. From 1434 to 1440, Joan’s brothers passed an imposter off as their sister, claiming she’d escaped execution.

7. Joan of Arc inspired the ever-popular bob haircut, which originated in Paris in 1909.

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dark_Reign (edited 04-15-2016 @ 07:44 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-12-13 06:03 AM CT (US)     36 / 66  
cant find download scenario 2 map.
looking fantastic !

is this project death ? / sad

[This message has been edited by Kallehagen (edited 10-04-2014 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 12-03-15 01:36 PM CT (US)     37 / 66  
Hey D_R, how's this coming along?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 12-03-15 08:45 PM CT (US)     38 / 66  
Stop necro-posting sam

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 12-05-15 01:01 AM CT (US)     39 / 66  
DR's about as useful completing scenarios as his favourite rugby team the Canberra Raiders are at scoring wins during the season!
posted 12-05-15 05:11 AM CT (US)     40 / 66  
They've only won 1 less premierships than Essendon have in the same time period

It's going alright, the original was too big of a scale to release, there ended up just being a hell of a lot of walking so i've decided to chunk it down into smaller scenarios.

It's also given me the opportunity to make it AoKFE/AK compatible

posted 12-05-15 06:08 AM CT (US)     41 / 66  
by smaller maps you mean you no will use the one from the screens ?
i like the map how it looks in screen 6: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img339/8540/52441640.png

is it possible that you add it into the blacksmith ? i collect beautiful looking scenario files
(don't worry i dont think in modify or share it elsewhere) i especially like the right part where the people prepared to fight near the big city
posted 12-05-15 10:40 PM CT (US)     42 / 66  
It's also given me the opportunity to make it AoKFE/AK compatible
Ehm.. a scenario designed in the original game should always be AoF/AK compatible. Just not the other way round.
posted 12-06-15 10:46 AM CT (US)     43 / 66  
Perhaps he means that he wants to design it in AoF/AoAK to make use of the new scenario editor objects?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 12-07-15 03:28 AM CT (US)     44 / 66  
is it possible that you add it into the blacksmith ?
Yeah, i'll add it to the Smith. Not sure if i'll add it as a separate upload or just as a "bonus" in the pack.
Perhaps he means that he wants to design it in AoF/AoAK to make use of the new scenario editor objects?

posted 01-01-16 07:09 AM CT (US)     45 / 66  
UPDATE

New-look thread with characters to go with the V2 of the scenario.

Uploaded the Map Only .scx of the V1 of the scenario (tracking number: 12609). Will post link once approved.

posted 01-01-16 09:28 AM CT (US)     46 / 66  
thank you Dark_Reign, i must say thats a good start in the new year !
posted 01-01-16 10:10 PM CT (US)     47 / 66  
It's nice to see an update - I've been following this thread with much interest!

The new take on the thread looks quite cool as well - giving potential players a quick overview of the characters is a solid way to go about introducing the plot beforehand

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 01-22-16 08:46 AM CT (US)     48 / 66  
Just moved into our new home so i've not done much in the past week, but made great progress tonight. Celebrating with a new Screenie! Not going to give much away about it though

posted 01-22-16 01:10 PM CT (US)     49 / 66  
As I said in the other thread, excellent work! On a related note, I hope the move into your new home went/is going well. I've moved house before so I know that it can be quite an exhausting process at times

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 01-25-16 08:01 PM CT (US)     50 / 66  
Looking the goods. The revamped editor surely gives it a second creative tier. I like.
posted 03-25-16 07:42 AM CT (US)     51 / 66  

~ COMING SOON. ~

posted 03-25-16 08:21 AM CT (US)     52 / 66  
posted 03-25-16 08:31 AM CT (US)     53 / 66  
Putting fences on the bridge... brilliant, why haven't I though of it before?

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 03-25-16 01:12 PM CT (US)     54 / 66  
Nice screenshot, D_R. That new moorland terrain really adds a nice kick to it. You're also the first person to stick the fences on bridges, it seems

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 03-25-16 06:25 PM CT (US)     55 / 66  
Cheers, fences look better than the old palisade walls on the bridges.

Put an hour in here and there over the past week, I'd actually already gotten more done on it then I had remembered so it was a nice surprise opening the editor for it again (been spending more time on Multiplayer than the editor the past year).

I have most of the bugs out (I hope), it helps that it's not an "epic" and more of an atmospheric story telling.

posted 03-25-16 07:46 PM CT (US)     56 / 66  
been spending more time on Multiplayer than the editor the past year
That's an understatement.
posted 03-26-16 09:13 AM CT (US)     57 / 66  
Cheers, fences look better than the old palisade walls on the bridges.
I definitely agree. It's hard to find something that fits better on the bridges than the East Asian stone walls (more out of their having a similar texture than anything else), but those fences fit in quite well

Are you still going with the approach you suggested a while back of several smaller scenarios?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 03-29-16 00:16 AM CT (US)     58 / 66  
posted 03-29-16 00:48 AM CT (US)     59 / 66  
I'd say 90% for AoKHD:AK, I'll need to do a bit of work on the map to make an original AoC compatible version, but that will come later on.

posted 03-29-16 01:00 AM CT (US)     60 / 66  
Nice. Well, now that my entry is done I should be able to help with some playtesting if you like. I'll be on after footy training tonight.
posted 04-15-16 09:52 AM CT (US)     61 / 66  
File Submitted!

Tracking number: 12693

Got a bit frustrated and decided to submit the file as is. Time to move onto another project but I didn't want this one sitting in the folder collecting dust like so many other projects of mine, it's complete, just not play-tested/tweaked.

Enjoy

posted 04-15-16 02:09 PM CT (US)     62 / 66  
Congrats! I'll try to have a look this week, D_R

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 04-15-16 06:10 PM CT (US)     63 / 66  
Approved and ready for download good sir!

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 04-15-2016 @ 06:10 PM).]

posted 04-15-16 07:26 PM CT (US)     64 / 66  
DOWNLOAD LINK

posted 04-15-16 09:29 PM CT (US)     65 / 66  
thanks Dark_Reign for your upload but if i'm honest i had expected to see the map from this upload in use :P
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12609
but anyway great map design !
posted 04-15-16 10:40 PM CT (US)     66 / 66  
Haha, yeah had to remake the entire thing due to bug issues and the massive map size it was on. I'm just as happy with this map design though.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Jeanne D'arc
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames