You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
posted 10-30-16 02:16 AM CT (US)   
SENGOKU is a total conversion project for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. The mod aims to replicate a historically accurate but fun experience of being a Daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japan.

- 99% of graphics changed to reflect the Sengoku Period. 100+ new units, buildings, animals, terrains, eye candy and more.
- Completely new sounds, music, interface, icons and main menu to fit the Japanese Sengoku period.
- New unit lines based on the military of Sengoku Japan: Train powerful Samurai, Yari Ashigaru, Sohei, Teppo units, new Japanese ships and destroy castles with a completely brand new range of siege units. Also, loads of new units or editor units and heroes such as Jesuits, Bhikku, Geisha, Children, Ronin and more!
- New and improved technologies; including a full enhancement of the blacksmith - catered to the types of armour within the Sengoku period.
- New 5th resource has been added, called Honour. Fully supported in scenario editor. Gain this by killing enemy troops and use it to train new units or conduct special abilities.

Still to come:
- New SENGOKU AI- Brand new campaigns and scenarios selectable from main menu.- New selection voices and voice acting.

- All new units, unit traits, balancing and tactical options, giving a unique and refreshing spin to the AOK classic gameplay.
- Religion: choose either Buddhism or Christianity and receive different bonuses, units and techs specific to which religion you choose.
- Redefine siege and ship battles, with all new options specific to the Sengoku period. Do you opt for standard siege weapons, or do you choose to use costly Nanban cannons?
- Each clan has trainable and unique Hero units specific to their clan, which can attack troops and heal on the battlefield. Each Clan Hero also has 5 trainable bodyguards.
- Ninja unit, is almost invisible on the map and doesn't get auto attacked. Use this unit to sneak on enemy villagers or Heroes and assassinate them.
- Ninja Missions: Sabotage enemy techs, buildings and more, with the new ninja missions. Ninja missions can only be conducted with enough gold and honour, and you must wait between missions before conducting the next one.
- New clan abilities; short term effects which are unique to each clan. Re-use abilities after a set amount of time. These cost Honour to perform.
- Brand new unique and intriguing RMS maps, specifically tailored for Sengoku, to ensure an authentic and fun experience of fighting across Japan.

- For the first time ever in AOC, completely brand new terrains. You can choose from over 130 terrains to ensure you get the perfect design.
- Another first timer for AOK, multiple new cliff types, place-able in editor.
- Elevation up to 11 from 7.- Create more detailed scenarios with Extended Triggers.
- Seasons have come to Sengoku. Multiple tree sets, each with their own seasonal varient (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Snow).
- Tons of new eye candy; shrine/temple/battlefield/farm/random objects, vegetation, rocks, buildings, scenario placeables (like no LOS surviver units etc), and more!

Asakura
Chosokabe
Date
Hojo
Mori
Oda
Otomo
Shimazu
Takeda
Tokugawa
Toyotomi
Uesugi

The BETA version of Sengoku Total conversion is available. Download it from ModDB here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sengoku-age-of-empires-2-total-conversion/downloads/sengokutc-installer.

Discord ModDB
Current Team: Achesun, R_V_A, Sebastien and Daniel Pereira. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more news!

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 09-03-2021 @ 09:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-09-17 06:41 AM CT (US)     386 / 478  
since i do not know what i will say in the following sentence, please excuse me:

-when i am playing, i usually upgrade only the cavalry archers line. these archers are somehow overpowered, or infantry is generally underpowered, but while playing i am using trebuchets and i have, long ago, discovered that the ai attacks primarily the units that are attacking it, like the ranged units, so ai units go after my archers. while using trebuchets i saw that these can be used as some sort of mobile fortification slowing down or pressing the enemy attack to move towards the side to encircle these trebuchets, while under my fire.

what i am saying is basically oxen carts, like the trebuchet that simply unpack into fixed position, maybe, some hundreds - like the separate wall pieces. if one packs them he can take them with him. even the gate could be packed. the gate was a raisable barrier, wooden gate or they could have even a portcullis.

i assume there is no big deal to create a unit similar to the trebuchet, the problem is to manually dispose them into a circle for protection of the camp.
some other thing i hate about aok is the size of the farms - they are too small, they should be 4 times bigger, in order for the player to be not able to shelter many of them into fortification. for this i would heve needed also a mobile mill unit like some wagon where the villagers bring their food, instead of going to the mill. the mill should be some sort of feitoria, very slowly creating food itself, my opinion.

my biggest problem, as a summus of all those problems, are fortifications - they should be expensive, reliable, and the player should think twice before fortifying one area. not vital buildings should be left outside the enceinte. also the trebuchet should be expensive, long lifed and battles should occur around these pieces, like in real life...

[This message has been edited by DJeronimo (edited 12-09-2017 @ 06:45 AM).]

posted 12-09-17 07:02 AM CT (US)     387 / 478  
The unpacking TC is possible, yes. But what it could generally give to player? If someone attacked you and you could't defend your base you can't just pack your buldings and calmly drive to another place. Your buildings simply be killed on march. And it is more profitable to build the new TC than unpack the old and move it to another place, cause when you building new one, you spent only one peasant, and when you unpack TC and move it all the villagers are idle for pretty long time. And there are restrictions, you can't make anything belonging to building class at another building except packed trebuchet which is hardcoded so you have to use vills to build it. And why you should build something unpacking if you could just build it where you need it? I think that the moving building is awesome idea for scenario design and very doubtful for competitive game. However, maybe I'm wrong. The ToME mod has moving barracks, maybe it would be a succesful game mechanism. But I think that making all the buildings unpacking is not apropriate for Age of Empires. In my opinion nomadism is more like strategical feature, not a tactical one. So it needs to change the whole game scale to be represented properly. That's what I meant when said that it would require more than just mod. Anyway what we are talking about is far away from anything Sengokuish :P
UPD: To Jeronimo,
What you are suggesting is a Wagenburg. It is a nice idea if it were a Hussite Wars mod. But I never read anything about such a things in Sengoku period Japan. About farms - again seems like very original idea but we should massively overhaul the whole game economics and for what? For 4x size farms waiting idle for moving mill? Again all you ideas are nice but they all require a new game and they have nothing to do with trying to imitate Sengoku on the AoK basement.

[This message has been edited by R_V_A (edited 07-15-2020 @ 04:05 PM).]

posted 12-09-17 07:09 AM CT (US)     388 / 478  
Hey Djeronimo, I really appreciate your constant visiting to our project thread and sharing your opinions and suggestions. I hope you would understand why we are declining most of your suggestions.
i asked because i assume a good team sticks together for a second score - like the high medieval period for japan. so i assumed, in advance, that you might be interested to study further the marvellous japanese history, so an spinoff - the mongols could be further studied for that expansion.
i was suggesting that somehow, if the team decides, they should stick to the mongol conquest
As I and my team mates said several times, this project focus on the Sengoku period, 1467-1603. The mongol invasion of Japan took place in 1274 and 1281, almost 200 years before Sengoku period began. Why don't we change the focus like you suggest? It's because we like the theme of Sengoku period, and we only want to focus on that. This is not a mixed Asian themed mod after all.

If you manage to convince us that we should change the topic to the mongol invasion, we'll have to redo almost everything we have already done. A samurai in 1200s would look different from one from 1500s, some of the the buildings and ships looks different,too, so the graphics would have to be redone. Not to mention the gameplay features we've made specifically for events during the Sengoku period, such as Nanban trade, introduction of Christianity...etc, we'll have to delete them, too. After more than one year of work, and all that is done to be deleted? Restarting the mod from zero? No, I'm not Natsuki Subaru.

All of our team members are working hard to make this mod fun to play while being history based, not 100 % but as close as we can. But your suggestions just exceed what we'll capable of (and willing to).

You seem to be very interested in the mongol invasion very much. If I may suggest something, why don't you try to write down an outline of what a mongol invasion theme Mod would be like, and create a proposal thread like I did? If many people found it interested and are willing to help, it might be yet another promising project to expect.
posted 12-09-17 07:19 AM CT (US)     389 / 478  
You seem to be very interested in the mongol invasion very much. If I may suggest something, why don't you try to write down an outline of what a mongol invasion theme Mod would be like, and create a proposal thread like I did? If many people found it interested and are willing to help, it might be yet another promising project to expect.
I like this suggestion! Your own tread would be a really cool, Jeronimo. Your could freely discuss any of your ideas with anyone who whants. And no tension would rise anymore :P
posted 12-09-17 10:19 AM CT (US)     390 / 478  
i never ment that you people should change anythig, not my intention, i tried to suggest that it could be a possibility for you to expand - because you are a team, a good team, i am alone and i do not know if i would find friends for a project. i am a fan of the high middle ages, also in architecture i do not like late gothic, but early, and romanic. (i do not like the gunpodwer age - not enough honor...)

[This message has been edited by DJeronimo (edited 12-09-2017 @ 10:21 AM).]

posted 12-09-17 06:58 PM CT (US)     391 / 478  
New heros looks great too bad the units are too small to see the details clearly.

Didn't Japanese cavalry have horse armor back then?
posted 12-09-17 08:28 PM CT (US)     392 / 478  
There is something called uma yoroi, but a surface research shows that it either is made only in Edo Period or has never been used in battle.

N.B. the main post said Yabasume, instead of ugh.. yabusame

Creator of AoE III: Struggle of Indonesia

Once tried to mod AoK but failed due to laziness
posted 12-09-17 10:33 PM CT (US)     393 / 478  
Didn't Japanese cavalry have horse armor back then?
Not before the 17th century.
N.B. the main post said Yabasume, instead of ugh.. yabusame
Oops, school boy error. Fixed.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 12-10-2017 @ 00:58 AM).]

posted 12-13-17 05:26 PM CT (US)     394 / 478  
@Mahazona

Japanese had very little resources compared to Europeans. Thats why their armor was leather with very little or no metal woven in. And no horse armor as well.
posted 12-13-17 05:58 PM CT (US)     395 / 478  
Oh my god, those heroes are Splendiful! *.*

Even if at first sight, I guessed that the graphic of Shimazu Hiroyoshi was the graphic of Tokugawa Ieyasu, it seems more the Tokugawa Ieyasu in AoE 3!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 01-12-18 01:13 AM CT (US)     396 / 478  
@Achesun: How's this mudpack progressing? I'm looking forward to seeing it.
posted 01-24-18 01:39 AM CT (US)     397 / 478  
Hi,

Looking to start balance testing from now. Mostly finished now other than graphics which are being added for the first beta.

If anyone's interested please let us know.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 01-24-2018 @ 01:41 AM).]

posted 01-24-18 07:55 AM CT (US)     398 / 478  
Looks really beautiful so far!! I would include but one non-Japanese faction if there's space, for visual and atmospheric variety, but also to reflect the Contact between Japan and the West... the Dutch, specifically, the first people who traded with the Japanese in Japanese.

That's just a suggestion, I personally know how annoying it can be when others start throwing ideas at you, and you have actually already a very specific idea in mind your self. But maybe this just didn't come to mind, yet, so I am just going to drop it here.
posted 01-24-18 02:50 PM CT (US)     399 / 478  
The mod looks really awesome! The heros are beautiful, it's good you guys chose to make a graphic for each hero. The other graphics looks pretty good too.

I'd like to play the beta when it's available
posted 01-24-18 03:54 PM CT (US)     400 / 478  
Id be willing to test the beta for you guys. Just let me know what you want me to test specifically.
posted 01-24-18 09:37 PM CT (US)     401 / 478  
Wow that's some great news, I consider myself a big fan of your project and I would really love to do beta testing for you, look for bugs, check playability, balance or whatever you need, just ask for it.
posted 01-25-18 09:49 AM CT (US)     402 / 478  
Looks really beautiful so far!! I would include but one non-Japanese faction if there's space, for visual and atmospheric variety, but also to reflect the Contact between Japan and the West... the Dutch, specifically, the first people who traded with the Japanese in Japanese.
This wouldn't really work for Sengoku period mod as only Japanese clans were actively involved in the conflict. There are a few instances where the Portuguese were involved in conflict, but no where near anything that should suggest a whole civ be made out of them.

Actually the first people who traded with the Japanese, were the Portuguese and of course, the Chinese. The Dutch came later on when the Sengoku period was coming to a close and the Edo period began.

We've implemented the Portuguese and the Christians in the best way we see fit, which is a sidelined role based on trade, technology sharing and the spread of Christianity; which is mostly what they were in reality.

There will be a few Portuguese units however, for the editor mostly, and even a Dutch cannon.

----------------

Thanks for volunteering for play testing guys. If you don't mind, we require all play testers to join our Discord here. This allows for better planning of test session and private communication.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 01-25-2018 @ 09:56 AM).]

posted 01-25-18 10:03 AM CT (US)     403 / 478  
posted 02-02-18 10:22 AM CT (US)     404 / 478  
Guys, your work is superb! I suggest use a filter over the game in general so all the units would look like a ukiyo-e. The effect is really close to be done right now but I'll love to see in combat all the units with this effect <3 It will be like Apotheon's art style but now in AOE.
posted 03-25-18 04:02 AM CT (US)     405 / 478  
Hi guys, I love your mod and would love to create something for it (most likely a building or two), but I have a little issue with Sketchup (the 3D software I work in).
I just can't get the perspective right, my buildings do not match the AOE perspective, no matter what I do.

Do you have any tips or maybe a script that would set the camera right?

Thank you in advance

[This message has been edited by AbeJin (edited 03-25-2018 @ 04:08 AM).]

posted 03-25-18 02:53 PM CT (US)     406 / 478  
> Do you have any tips or maybe a script that would set the camera right?

I'm not part of the Sengoku team, but maybe this video here can help you out. The guy uses blender, but it should work similar in Sketchup since it's very straight forward. The perspective you are interested in is the one he calls "Game Iso Cam".
posted 04-01-18 05:02 AM CT (US)     407 / 478  
It's about time for another Work in Progress update.
So, as we mentioned in the topic post, in addition to a full set of Japanese style buildings and units, it is our goal to re-create the terrains so they will match the landscapes in Japan. Each map in this mod will feature the unique flora and fauna in a certain region of Japan.
Here I would like to introduce one of the most unique random maps we have created, the JAPARI PARK.

Divided into several regions, the Japari Park has more varieties of terrain and animals than any other maps in Sengoku Mod. What's most special about this map is that due to the mysterious power of SANDSTARS, the animal wildlife are turned into FRIENDS.
Unlike Wolves or Jaguars from the normal maps who always attack your poor villagers without a good reason, Friends usually chases you because they want to play a hunting game or think that you are a hat thief. They'll not eat you because they like Japari buns better.

In rare conditions (if you're lucky), you can find LUCKY BEASTS in this map. These blue little guys can be converted to your side like sheeps when found. Instead of providing food, Lucky Beasts can talk, and are good at driving a Japari bus.

Time to explore the Japari Park with your Friends and Lucky Beast, TANOSHII!!!

SUGOI! There's a zebra over there!
posted 04-01-18 05:09 PM CT (US)     408 / 478  
@Achesun
Will Grape-Kun be on the map?
posted 04-02-18 07:17 AM CT (US)     409 / 478  
@Giullianus_kun
He will always be with Hululu.

[This message has been edited by Achesun (edited 04-25-2018 @ 09:12 AM).]

posted 08-25-18 12:59 PM CT (US)     410 / 478  
So fascinated by the pictures, is it an open playtesting? If so, where could I download the mod?
posted 08-25-18 11:42 PM CT (US)     411 / 478  
Please join our Discord for playtesting discussion.

However, we've pretty much ironed out all bugs of the last version and will release the next one in a month or so. The next one is one of the biggest updates yet, so has been in the works for a few months now.

Right now, we're not sharing the old version to new playtesters but we will keep you posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On a seperate subject, I think it's time to talk clans, focusing on the bonuses for now.

There are twelve clans in game. How does this sound? We might make changes, but each bonus is based on historical aspects of each clan.

ODA

Earns 50% less honour per kill (Oda was never that honorable, and had very few Samurai).
Guilds is free
Starting gold +100
Nanban techs cost 10% less of original price
Work rate of Nanban post 5% higher

TOYOTOMI

Teppo units are created 15% faster. (In reference to taking over Kunitomo firearms factory).
Foot units and siege units move 10% faster
Farms 20% cheaper
Castles provide +10 population.

TAKEDA

Cavalry units +25 HP
Free Bloodlines and Husbandry
Rice Paddy costs 5 more wood but produce +50 food
Horoku Dame Throwers are more accurate by 5.

UESUGI

Start with +10 population headroom
Yari Ashigaru cost 50% less food and train 25% less time?
Buddhism is free
Temple techs and units 30% cheaper.
Trade carts move 25% faster

CHOSOKABE

Starting +100 food
Farms carry +15 food
Archers and Yabasumi fire 20% faster and have +1 range
Yari Milita +5hp and +1 pierce armour

MORI

Ships are 20% cheaper.
Kobaya +50hp
Close combat units +1 pierce armour
Fish traps have +200 food
Lumberjacks move 15% faster.

HOJO

Buildings 10% Cheaper
Siege weapons do 20% more damage to buildings
Repairers work 20% faster.
Ninja Missions cost no honour.

SHIMAZU

Free Teppo Production
NP 40% Cheaper to build
Infantry and Spearmen units get +2 melee armour
Firearm units 20% cheaper (not including cannons)

DATE

Yabusame +5 attack vs foot units.
Teppo units +10hp, fire faster
Samurai upgrades 50% cheaper
Docks 20% cheaper

OTOMO

Imported Tanegashima cost food not gold.
Nanban workshops gain gold 10% quicker.
Cannons are 25% cheaper and take less time to train.
Jesuits heal 50% faster.

ASAKURA

Marriage (cartography) is free and researched instantly.
Farmers and Fishing Boats work 10% faster (due to peaceful Echizen Province)
Monks have +1 healing and convert range.
Houses give +6 population limit
All economic technologies are researched faster (very famous place for literacy and artisans)

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 08-26-2018 @ 02:29 AM).]

posted 08-26-18 08:03 AM CT (US)     412 / 478  
Yeah, and don't forgot the guy who became the shogun!

TOKUGAWA

Nanban units 20 % cheaper
Yari ashigaru units +1 melee armor
Castle and town center technologies researched 10 % faster
Ninja units +10 attack

I'm not sure if there's anything changed, at least this is what I've made Tokugawa clan in very early versions.
Earns 50% less honour per kill (Oda was never that honorable, and had very few Samurai).
Maybe just made it the same like other clans? I don't think Oda's that bad, he just got too many enemies.

[This message has been edited by Achesun (edited 08-26-2018 @ 08:03 AM).]

posted 08-26-18 11:47 AM CT (US)     413 / 478  
Oops, how could I forgot Tokugawa.

Tokugawa historically had better cannons than rivals and was one of the first to get access to more powerful and bigger Dutch cannons. So perhaps in addition:

Cannons have +25% attack vs buildings +1 range

How's some new pic?

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 08-27-2018 @ 03:44 AM).]

posted 08-27-18 08:26 AM CT (US)     414 / 478  
@Sebastien: Well, Tokugawa was kind of the one who ended the endless samurai/daimyo warfare and brought about a long period of peace to Japan (albeit, hard, rigid, inflexible, police-state, of sorts, peace, until the Boshin Wars), one of only two such periods in the Japanese history - the other being the period beginning the 1947 Japanese Constitution (officially a very significant package of amendments to the Meiji Constitution of 1889 - in fact, the current Japanese Emperor, Akihito's, reign or period name, translates as "Age of the Greater Peace"), so basically Tokugawa outright, hands-down won the Sengoku Jedai, because, as they say, "what every conqueror wants, in the end, is peace." :P
posted 09-05-18 03:35 AM CT (US)     415 / 478  
As outlined above, each clan has specific bonuses and so on based on historical reasoning (though we're open to suggestions which might improve game balance).

Next up:
Unique Units

Asakura: We're not sure on this one yet. Any suggestions? Asakura wasn't really that active in the Sengoku period against other clans much, but had an internal power struggle, and they played an important part in the history of the Oda and the alliance with the Asai clan.

Chosokabe: Famed archers, a powerful clan which eventually took control of the whole of Shikoku. Their unique unit is the Daikyu Samurai, a powerful samurai with stronger armour and greater accuracy than his Ashigaru counterparts.

Date: Date was a very interesting Daimyo (he once sent an envoy to Spain to ask the Spanish if he could borrow their Armada for help in the Sengoku Jidai). He equipped some of his best men with new Teppo pistols, one of the only clans to do so. A strong unit, the Kibateppo can quickly move in and out of confrontation and fire at the enemy from range.

Hojo: The late Hojo clan ruled over the flat and fertile lands of Kamakura, from the castle seat in Odawara. It is recorded that he had the largest amount of horses in battle, even more than the Takeda. Kamakura is also very famous for it's Yabusame, and produced excellent horse archers. The Kamakura is a heavily armoured mounted Samurai which attacks using a bow.

Mori: A large and powerful clan which utilized it's navy to full effect. It's unique units are the Kaizoku (do you know the reference?) and the Suigun pirates. Although largely independent, they were very active around the Seto Inland Sea (which Mori ruled over) and are available for hire by the Mori clan. They are also trained from Barracks, instead of the Castle.

Oda:Oda, he literally won so much and took over half of Japan because he placed the upmost importance of arming as much of his army as possible with rifles. Almost immediately, he focused on production and took over as many Teppo factories as possible. His unique unit is the Teppo Samurai. A well armoured Samurai, armed with a Tanegashima rifle. He also fires faster than Ashigaru, thanks to better training and usage of Teppo Sandan Uchi.

Otomo: The Otomo were one of the first major clans to have contact with the Portugese, after they originally landed on the island of Tanegashima. They were also the first clan to have access to cannons. Otomo Sorin was very friendly to the Nanban; he converted to Christianity and almost instantly allowed Francis Xavier to start turning old Temples into churches. They very famously installed cannons on their castles, one of which, can still be viewed today. Their unique unit is the O-Zutsu samurai, a handheld cannon unit effective against groups of units and buildings. They are also able to upgrade their normal towers, and equip them with cannons.

Shimazu: Like the Otomo, they were also one of the first clans to adopt firearms, but their Samurai were their greatest asset. The training and methods they used differed from other Daimyo's which improved their skills in battle. Their unique unit is the No-Dachi samurai, a powerful and heavily armoured beast, armed with a long No-Dachi sword which can cut multiple opponents at once. You do not want to go toe to toe with this guy.

Takeda: Famous for their charging cavalry, their heavily armoured mounted Samurai were the greatest assets for the clan (though, eventually also their downfall). The elite units had their armour painted red, and armed with long naginata or Yari cut their enemies down quickly. A real threat to infantry, the Akazone is their unique unit to reflect this.

Tokugawa: The Mikawa province was originally ruled the by Isshiki clan, but split up due to internal conflict. After Oda Nobunaga defeated the Imagawa at the Battle of Okehazama, this gave a then called Matsudaira Motoyasu, the opportunity to rise up and assert his reign over Mikawa province. Allying himself with Oda, he and his famed Mikawa Bushi managed to eventually take over and unite Japan.

Toyotomi: Toyotomi. One of the most famous Daimyo's in Japanese history, and one of the three 'unifiers' of Japan. It's a sad thing to say, but we have not yet 100% decided on a unique unit for this clan. Any ideas?

Uesugi: Uesugi, a very famous man who probably out of all clan Daimyo, had the most personal encounters with other Daimyo. He very famously attacked Takeda Shingen up close with his sword, only for Takeda to defend himself swiftly with his fan. Uesugi commanded an elite unit of mounted Samurai, armed with long No-Dachi swords. Historically, they would charge around enemy front lines to try and get in and out of important areas, and where possible, attack leadership, Horo, or just vulnerable units perhaps out of position. Their unique unit is the Echigo Cavalry. One of the fastest cavalry in game, which deal double damage on their first strike after a charge. They're effective against other Daimyo and weak melee, ranged units such as archers.

Stay tuned for unique techs.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 09-05-2018 @ 07:28 AM).]

posted 09-05-18 05:05 PM CT (US)     416 / 478  
Really impressed the amount of research you put into this. Well done.
posted 09-05-18 05:35 PM CT (US)     417 / 478  
Very good updates foron this Project, congrats both Sebastien and Achesun!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 09-05-18 08:03 PM CT (US)     418 / 478  
That's a lót of proof that you've done great research! How will the sohei and ikko-ikki be portrayed? Also, will the Date receives the Date Maru

About Asakura, at the battle of Anegawa they allied with Azai and most of their army were ashigaru. Maybe Azai Ashigaru as the unique unit? In the other hand, both Asakura and Azai also allied the sohei of mt. Hiei, so far there is no warrior-monk/sohei UU yet.

For Toyotomi, I am actually interested in Kuki Yoshitaka and his Tekkōsen. However, this doesn't really rhyme with the clan's bonuses. It is also anachronistic, as by the time Yoshitaka serves Nobunaga. But, hideyoshi did make iron-clad Atakebune in Korean invasion.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi also employed miners from Kai in the siege of odawara.

Creator of AoE III: Struggle of Indonesia

Once tried to mod AoK but failed due to laziness

[This message has been edited by Pepp (edited 09-06-2018 @ 00:45 AM).]

posted 09-06-18 08:02 AM CT (US)     419 / 478  
Sebastien and Achesun!
Also, Rodion, who works strongly in developing mod ideas along with Achesun and myself, and working on siege and ship graphics (so far), and Carcoma, who made some buildings for us. Also, Daniel helped with 85% of .exe edits and data issues, and AbeJin has also contributed some eye candy graphics to the mod.
That's a lót of proof that you've done great research! How will the sohei and ikko-ikki be portrayed?
There are two religions to choose from in Sengoku, Buddhism and Christianity. You can only choose one, and each one, unlocks different techs or units.

We've kind of blended some of the different Buddhist sects into the temple, mostly Tendai, as different factions often fought for different Daimyo at different times. Sohei will be trainable from there; including the Negoro-ji, Negoro-gumi influenced Teppo Sohei.

Choosing Buddhism also unlocks the Naginata Rider, a powerful anti cavalry mounted monk unit (think of it as a camel replacement).

Some clans, have different religious bonuses. For example, Buddhism is obviously disabled for Oda Nobunaga, as he was the one who defeated Enrayaku-ji and the Ikko Ikki.

However, we've left out a playable faction for the Ikko-ikki for this mod, for various reasons. They're also not trainable from the Temple because they were of a seperate sect (Jōdo Shinshū of other Buddhists (Tendai).

One reason is the fact it doesn't really fit the rest of the mold that the other clans follow, and were not a clan in their own right. So they'd need their own unit lines, techs and so on, which is outside of the scope for this mod.

However, we do have an Ikko-Ikko Monk, available for the scenario editor and it's possible at some point we might re-create the Ishiyama Honganji or Nagashima for scenario designers also.

It's also possible the Ikko Ikki monk could be trained by Mori (the most active of clans to support the Ikko Ikki), but they already have their own UU.
Also, will the Date receives the Date Maru
No. The Date Maru falls slightly out of the Sengoku period, built in 1613. Although the mod theoretically goes up to 1615 (the ultimate battle being the Siege of Osaka, and officially bringing all Sengoku driven hostilities to an end), we've deliberately not included any of the additional units or techs from that period.

The aim of the mod is to create a what if, of course, if say, Oda lost against the Imagawa that day and never rose to power. What if Takeda never fell ill and continued on in victorious battles and so on. Tokugawa was obviously already shogun by 1615 also, so by having this open ended game ending where anyone can become shogun, and then stopping it based on some historical date, is a bit of a paradox.

That being said, the technological advancements just in that short period of time, means a 5th age perhaps. This was just after William Adams arrived, and the period brought the introduction of newer and faster ships (like the Date Maru, the Red Seal ships and so on), the introduction of the Dutch and the British, the exclusion of the Portugese, the expulsion of Christianity, and so on.

It just sort of steps out of the boundaries for what a Sengoku war entailed; which is why we've not included those things. Not to mention the fact, there was no conflict during this period as the shogunate was well established by now. The Date Maru for example, was never used in combat.

However, on the subject of Date; they will get the Sendai Dou unique Tech. Which is a special type of Dou made specifically by the Date clan. It was a unique type of Yukinoshita dou, recreated and more cheaply made for mass production.
About Asakura, at the battle of Anegawa they allied with Azai and most of their army were ashigaru. Maybe Azai Ashigaru as the unique unit? In the other hand, both Asakura and Azai also allied the sohei of mt. Hiei, so far there is no warrior-monk/sohei UU yet.
We had three rough ideas for the Asakura. One was a monk, to represent the alliance with Enryaku (and at some point, we thought adding the Ikko-Ikki monk), but actually, their clan bonuses will represent this 'alliance' by having monk bonuses.

The other option could have been something with the Asai clan, however, this has been developed into a new mod feature called 'clan ability'. Each clan, now gets a timed ability, which can be used every so often. The Asakura 'ability' is to summon 5-10 samurai as a 'call of alliance' from Asai troops.

So that leaves us with the final option; a trash unit. The Asakura followed a very strict set of rules. One of those rules states that they should be sensible with their purchases and weapons; they'd much rather buy 100 spears for the same cost as 1 expensive sword. This means, we'll probably make some trash unit for them to represent their purchasing choices.

We had the idea for Ji-Samurai (or we could even name it something else), but it's not a final decision yet.

For Toyotomi, I am actually interested in Kuki Yoshitaka and his Tekkōsen. However, this doesn't really rhyme with the clan's bonuses. It is also anachronistic, as by the time Yoshitaka serves Nobunaga. But, hideyoshi did make iron-clad Atakebune in Korean invasion.
Actually, we're using Kuki Yoshitaka for Oda, who he originally served. In fact, it was him who famously used and helped with Oda's iron Tekkosen, and they were first used in the second battle of Kizugawaguchi.

For gameplay purposes, the Tekkosen is buildable by all clans. It's also fun to imagine a 'what if' scenario, where perhaps history could have gone a different way and instead, other clans adopted this new iron cladding.

However, Oda has a 2nd unique tech to represent his history with the unit; 'Yoshitaka' - Tekkousen units have 30% higher hitpoints.
Toyotomi Hideyoshi also employed miners from Kai in the siege of odawara.
This is also interesting. Actually, Toyotomi was a master of using the land around castles and so on to cause flooding, drought and so on; there are numerous example of this.

Perhaps this is something we could look at for a clan bonus, but for now it's not something we've integrated as ultimately, 'terraforming' in AOK is impossible.

I'd like to also point out, we're really utilizing UP1.5 to it's full effects. Lots of new tech options and unique stuff. The mod will also have some never seen before features, from some custom .exe editing, which we're really proud of. Have a read of the recently edited OP to find out more. Some of it's super exciting and we can't wait to show you.

[This message has been edited by Sebastien (edited 11-11-2018 @ 01:55 AM).]

posted 09-06-18 08:11 AM CT (US)     420 / 478  
Also, Rodion, who works strongly in developing mod ideas along with Achesun and myself, and working on siege and ship graphics (so far), and Carcoma, who made some buildings for us. Also, Daniel helped with 85% of .exe edits and data issues, and AbeJin has also contributed some eye candy graphics to the mod.
Oh, I didn't Know About Rodion, and just forgot for a while about all the others ones!

Nvm, I'm glad that you are a strong Team, and really happy of the current developing of your Mod, Keep up the great work!

MY GAME VERSION:

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Sengoku Total Conversion - Released!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames