You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOMH Pretty Town Cinematic Design Contest Results Out
posted 06 September 2003 01:26 AM EDT (US)   
Yes. Thats correct, the judging is complete and after combining the scores given to the maps by Cheezy and Me we finally have a Winner, a Runner up and two honourable mentions.

It was a great contest and the entries received although not much were very finely done. Some had great maps while others had awesome cinematics. I am sure the staff will enjoy holding many more contests here (be on the lookout) and hopefully all the members here enjoyed it.

Congratulations to the Winner and other people too.

Contest Results
Replies:
posted 06 September 2003 02:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
PhatFish that's BSI's Kemsyt! Woohoo!
posted 06 September 2003 03:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
Congratulations everyone...

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 06 September 2003 06:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
Congrats ...

But uuuh,

Where can I download the scenarios?

posted 06 September 2003 09:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
Congrats to the winners and all, they were very cool maps.

~*S c a r f a c E*~
posted 06 September 2003 09:16 AM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
Thanks guys. Also congrats to the other 3 mentioned ones, very well done all. I'd love to see them
posted 06 September 2003 10:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
Wow, that was unxepected !
I just checked AoMH as I do daily and meanwhile had my Trillian opening. Then there popped up 8 offline messages though I had only been away some hours - I already suspected something to be wrong, and then I saw the news on AoMH with our scenario in it...

First thing I did when I realised we got the Runner Up was jumping up in my chair and screaming "Yeaaaaahhhhhhh"

Thanks to all who gratulated me and my team, we really spend much effort into the scenario, especially into the cinematics

I would only like to correct two things:
1. Our Team is named Mythological World Designers, not Mythical World Desigers.
2. The Town is named Eskilderia (as the subtitles tell in the cinematic) and not Mythical World Designers-Town

Will the scenarios be made available for download here at AoMH by the Staff or shall we post them ourselves ? I have no problem with others viewing our map and would also like to see the other ones

Here are some links about MWD:
MWD-Website (German, we will get an English version up some time): http://www.age-scripts.de/aomd/html
MWD-Forums (German, too): http://www.age-scripts.de/mwd-forum

Special mentions I'd like to give:
Jedi, my the mapper of Eskilderia (I did Triggering and Cinematics),
Death_MAGIER, our website and forum hoster who made it possible that MWD can communicate through a forum,
The whole AoMN.de and AoMH scenario design community, who made me learn AoM scenario design.

Thanks again to all of you !

.: Fire Giant :.

» AoMN.de staff member
» Member of the Mythological World Designers, the first German AoM Design Team.
» Member of the project 0 A.D. at Wildfire Games.

[This message has been edited by Fire Giant (edited 09-06-2003 @ 10:23 AM).]

posted 06 September 2003 12:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
I want to see them, are they accesible somewhere?

If intelligence is defined as the ability to learn things, isn't it rather embarrassing with adults that can't spell?

-EmJay

posted 06 September 2003 01:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
This is just an idea. Maybe we can have a "Contests" link in the download section were we put all contest entries up for download?
posted 06 September 2003 03:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
Congrats to you who won You did a outstanding job!

VnX_Goten
posted 06 September 2003 03:40 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
I would think it would be a good idea for the people to submit their own maps as I don't know whether everyone would want the public to see their entries.

Edit : Corrected my mistakes. sorry to MWD

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by Kumar Shah (edited 09-06-2003 @ 03:41 PM).]

posted 06 September 2003 03:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 27  

I would also say I would love the people who submitted these maps and especially the people mentioned on the results page to make a full fledged scenario.

You guys have excellent map design skills now show us some good trigger and storyline skills too

A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 06 September 2003 03:47 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
The winner had a map bigger than 500x500, I thought the map could not be bigger than that, or did I read it wrong.
posted 06 September 2003 04:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  

As per the editor it is 400x400.

Also, if the winners tell me I can upload the file, just post here giving me permission to do so.

posted 06 September 2003 04:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
Ahhh man I could of done a big map, oh well its done, its done nothing I can do about it!
posted 06 September 2003 04:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
Good work, all of you That was some very impressive map design phatfish, and Fire Giant those cinematics and triggerwork were the best of the lot.

The other maps were also very good and were only down a couple of points from the winners.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 06 September 2003 05:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
Great job everyone!

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 06 September 2003 06:01 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
The reason why I created a "Slide show" with cutscenes is because if I used tracks, the map lagged too much and would reduce points.

Kumar, you can upload my PT. BTW, did you receive my personal info?

posted 06 September 2003 06:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
Thanks too at the judges. I think that was a hard job to see all the scens.

btw, how much scens were sending on ?

posted 06 September 2003 10:58 PM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
good job well done
the cities are very impressive.
posted 07 September 2003 07:20 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
Thanks, Cheezy - I did my best for the cinematics though we had only little time (started the triggering on 10th August).

Congratulations to PhatFish - I'm looking forward to see your cinematic

Kumar - No problem, just wanted to update people on that Also, there are several MWD scenarios in the works - but for now only German versions were planed; I guess we should change that and make an english translation as soon as they will be released...
BTW - OT - Kumar, thanks for fixing the MWD The-Titans-Main-Menu-Mod file, I saw that some days ago and guess it was you who did that

All - I'll see if I can manage it to upload the map to the downloads section today and write some short readme. Will also email Spineman with our personal details.

» AoMN.de staff member

[This message has been edited by Fire Giant (edited 09-07-2003 @ 07:23 AM).]

posted 07 September 2003 02:58 PM EDT (US)     21 / 27  
kudos to everyone!

^Redwolf^
Don't sit there and take it! They built it we can break it!-AF
Voted The AOMH favorite newbie '03(first semester)
Member of the Phantom Warrior clan
Proud Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
\...\Skate and Destroy/.../
posted 07 September 2003 08:23 PM EDT (US)     22 / 27  

Quote:

The reason why I created a "Slide show" with cutscenes is because if I used tracks, the map lagged too much and would reduce points.

Yes, I figured But then a 10 minute slideshow gets to be abit dull. We wouldn't take off too many points if it lagged, just 1 or 2 max. All your other work made up for the lack of good cinematics though.

The Cinematics rating was based on if the map lagged or not, triggerwork going off in the cinematic, animation and moving units, and ofcourse the quality of the camera tracks.
Fire Giant's map had the best cinematic rating.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy monkey (edited 09-07-2003 @ 08:23 PM).]

posted 07 September 2003 11:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 27  

Winning Entry available for Download.

Go to :

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=1636

posted 08 September 2003 11:58 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
posted 08 September 2003 02:26 PM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
Kumar, you can also upload the MWD-scenario (the one by me and Jedi). I'll send you my readme info in a minute

Also, about mailing Spineman about the prices - I will need to wait some days because I need to get Jedi's personal info (adress) first.

Thanks again Cheezy for the nice words about my cinematics - a good part of them was only possible because of your and reyk's editor modifications

» AoMN.de staff member

[This message has been edited by Fire Giant (edited 09-08-2003 @ 02:27 PM).]

posted 09 September 2003 06:03 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27  

Runner up entry available for Download :

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=1644

posted 10 September 2003 02:31 AM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
Wow, i've just come from my holidays and then this one
cool

congrats to all!

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AOMH Pretty Town Cinematic Design Contest Results Out
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames