You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: IMPORTANT - New Editor/Map Editor Patch users please read
posted 30 September 2003 00:04 AM EDT (US)   
If you have the expansion pack you will need to uninstall the New Editor/Map Editor Patch for the expansion editor to work properly. To uninstall simply use the uninstaller the program came with, if it didn't come with an installer there is a way to manually remove the patch.

Go to the data folder in AOM's directory and remove the files shown above. If you only have the XMB versions of those files, don't worry, delete them as well. Make sure neither the XMB nor the XML versions of those files shown above are in your data folder.

Myself and Reyk are working on an editor patch for the expansion to restore the features of the Editor Mod along with some new features as well.

If you need assistance removing the files shown above or have any questions go ahead and post a reply to this.

Thank you

- CheeZy

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy (edited 09-30-2003 @ 00:09 AM).]

Replies:
posted 30 September 2003 06:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
THX, CheeZy, for this hint. Perhaps should I say, that the uipregamenew.xmb/xml must be removed also. The icons can remain.
If somebody have installed the NE Power Edition, the trigger in the testtype.xml will overwritten from TT, so it can remain also.
The New Editor works also with the X-Pack, but its new functions do not.
I΄ve finished the New X Editor, but a first test will only show, whether all old functions also work. If yes, the NXE will get at the Utility Downloads here at AoMH in a few days.

P.S.: Hasty ones can download The New X Editor 0.9 here, but no warranty, which also works everything!

posted 30 September 2003 07:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
Will there be a new map patch for the x-pack?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Byzantine_Warrior (edited 09-30-2003 @ 07:11 AM).]

posted 30 September 2003 07:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
A friend of mine has the New Editor and works perfectly (according to him) with the expansion...

http://www.eld.scnnetwork.com/forum/files/planetatierra.jpg
http://www.eld.scnnetwork.com/forum/files/titans.jpg

Which are the problems that NE or the MEP causes on the game?

posted 30 September 2003 07:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25  

Ask him to see whether the condition logic works.

Also, the editor patch may cause MP problems.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 30 September 2003 08:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
How do I uninstall the new editor by Reyk?
posted 30 September 2003 11:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
Look for the file "SXUNINSTALL.exe" in the AoM folder.
If You haven΄t, then open the data folder and remove the files, that CheeZy has shown in the picture and the uipregamenew.xmb/xml too.

P.S.: You can install the NXE, then you don΄t need uninstall the old NE.

@Andres Age: The NE do not make errors online, if You have remove the file "Egyptian Vulture" from the anim folder. This can be the only reason for an error.

[This message has been edited by reyk (edited 09-30-2003 @ 11:14 AM).]

posted 30 September 2003 12:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
Ok, I΄ll ask him... btw I haven΄t got the x pack (...yet >:-D) so I simply asked cause I wanted to know
posted 30 September 2003 09:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
i screwed up somewhere and all of my .xml files are gone!

plz help!

"A people without a history is like the wind over buffalo grass."
-Crazy Horse

[This message has been edited by Krazy Munkey (edited 09-30-2003 @ 09:06 PM).]

posted 30 September 2003 09:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
Yes, thats the main idea. The only XML files in your data folder are probably from the Editor Patches unless you've been adding other things.

If you deleted other XMB files, don't worry - your game will still work.

If you deleted the .cpn files then you'll have a bit of a problem with the campaign. If you're having trouble just grab whatever files you deleted from the AOM CD (no need to reinstall).

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 03 October 2003 05:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
The patch works fine with me too, however the titans menu is screwed up, but all things still work tho.
posted 03 October 2003 06:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
Remove the uipregamenew.xml/xmb and the titans menu will shown
posted 04 October 2003 02:58 AM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
posted 19 October 2003 05:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
If somebody want to load the latest updates for the current New X Editor: are shown on my Homepage.
The current version is X0.95
posted 23 October 2003 08:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
I deleted those files on the pic before reinstalling-->I don't get the aomtt terrain textures and forests in the editor, but I do get everything else.
posted 23 October 2003 10:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
remove forests.xmb/xml in the data folder and remove terraintypes.xmb/xml from the terrain/textures folder.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 24 October 2003 05:35 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
I had to remove all the patch things too, because I had 3 bugs on ESO: God power icons didn't show how much you could use them and didn't show the blue loading progress when you used one, 2nd: The repeat button isn't there, and the last annoying thing is when you researched Secrets of the Titans, the Titan button doesn't show. Very annoying. Cheez or Reyk, Could you please make a quick reinstall and unistall option with the next patch? Like in Cheezy's MOD?
posted 24 October 2003 10:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
I think I'm having that too... could u tell me what are all of the other patch files?
posted 25 October 2003 02:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
theres really nothing else unless you've downloaded other xmb files, the other stuff in the patch is textures and things but those don't do anything.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 10 November 2003 11:39 AM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
Cheezy!
is this the "New X Editor" cause I have a question about it:
Since I've installed the New X Editor 60% of the games I play online the first 5 mins I go "OUT OF SYNC"
IF ANYONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM PLEASE POST ASAP.
Thanks!
posted 10 November 2003 07:07 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
There is no Sollution, thats been known since the first patch. From what I know there is no workaround. It's actually different for each person, for some people it might not crash for others it won't.

Heres what I recommend:

make a folder in your data folder. Name it "patch uninstal" or whatever.

Take the files shown above and move them into that folder. You've now uninstalled the map editor patch and can play online. When you want to use them again just move them out of that folder back into the data folder.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 10 November 2003 07:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
Your editor patch seems to slow down the editor itself!!! Before I had your patch the editor was not slow, and no I do not have a slow comp It has better requirements for aom so....????
posted 10 November 2003 08:52 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  

Quoted from Sky Cat:

Cheezy!
is this the "New X Editor" cause I have a question about it:
Since I've installed the New X Editor 60% of the games I play online the first 5 mins I go "OUT OF SYNC"
IF ANYONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM PLEASE POST ASAP.

Sky Cat,

I'm not sure what exactly caused the "OOS" in your case, but I do know that having "outdated" water.xml/xmb and forest.xml/xmb files will definitely cause the OOS error, because I've encoutered them and have been able to fix them .

Read here for more details.

By the way, the OOS error isn't caused by the New X Editor, as far as I know... unless you install the vulture animation file (mentioned in the readme file).

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 11-10-2003 @ 08:56 PM).]

posted 10 November 2003 09:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
I found that the forest/water/cliff.xml files would cause OOS errors, it would for me. But then they stopped. Then it stopped causing OOS errors altogether, but then they came back. I'm tired of looking for whats causing it or why and I don't care anymore, it takes 3 seconds to uninstal the map editor patch, I just said how, so do that and just spend another 3 seconds installing it when you want it back. Thats how you won't get OOS errors

Acamus, you're the only person who has a slower editor as a result of the editor mods. Live with it, I can't do anything about it.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 11 November 2003 00:31 AM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
CheeZy,

The reason why the OOS occur once in a while, but not 100% of the games is because only random maps that have the new terrains (Marsh, Tundra, etc.) will cause the OOS.

This is simply due to the fact that the "old" forest & waterbodies.xmb/xml don't have the updated information for Marsh/Tundra.

So for users who are familiar with these xml files such as yourself, this should be simple to fix by copying/pasting the new terrain info. I play online quite often, so this saves a lot of trouble from having to install/uninstall the X editor every now and then.

posted 11 November 2003 09:31 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25  

Quote:

Acamus, you're the only person who has a slower editor as a result of the editor mods. Live with it, I can't do anything about it.

I will delete your patch and see what happens, if it is not slow then I will get mad, if it is slow, I will sue AMD Athlon!!!!

| Lookey here
V

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » IMPORTANT - New Editor/Map Editor Patch users please read
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames