You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The ultimate design tools
posted 21 December 2003 03:33 AM EDT (US)   
Hi,

For all the newbies and other around here, I'll tell you what tools you need to make the best designing.

Age of Mythology The Titans Expension:
-Basic:
-Off course, The New X Editor2 by Reyk, it gives you a lot more stuff, and way more abilities.-It causes no problems with the editor, it only enchanes the abilities, it's easy to install and uninstall.THIS IS UPDATED, THIS IS NOT THE POWER EDITION, THIS IS A NEWER VERSION!!

-Advanced:
-For more advanced designing, you can use The Country X Mod 1.1 by Reyk, it gives you a lot more forests, water types ect...-no danger, to uninstall find Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\CountryMod there is a readme how to uninstall
-The Sound Set Addon for the TT Editor by Reyk, is very andy too.-danger for online play, for that remove the files created by the soundset addon(explained in readme), you don't need to uninstall it.
-For some expert triggering use SomeNewTriggers 2yet again, by Reyk, it gives a few very handy trigger.-no danger, no need to uninstall too...
-I higly recommend The New Editor Objects Patch by Cheezy, this is very handy, and I recommend to download it 'cause if someone uses it and you don't have the patch you see(I.E.) cinematic scorches instead of roads, the roads replace the cinematic scorches if you have the patch but the scorches still remain in the editor, you can still use them.-there is danger, if you make this map and someone not having this patch plays it, he'll see different thing (I.E.)You put down roads, wich are stored as cinematic scorches, and someone sees it without the patch, he'll see regular cinematic scorches while you've put down roads... so people DOWN DOWN DOWNLOAD !!!

For Age of Mythology (Original)

Basic:
-For basic use New Editor Power Edition off course, by Reyk - just boosts up the editor.-no danger, for uninstall find New Editor or similiar...

-Advanced:
-You can also use The Country X Mod with normal Age of Mythology, only there are some limitations-no danger, no need to uninstall
-Check out the Editor Patch 1.1 very handy.-don't know...

Some additional help, no patches put other things:
AOM TT:
-Use the TT list to quickly find the proto names ect...

AOM (original)
-The AOM List

And for all those newies check out the Scenario Design Library

This is it for now, I'll update later and give your command about other handy tools either on Age of Mythology Heaven or outside Heaven.

NOW ALL GO ON AND GET YOURSELF SOME AOM STRAWBERRY*

Reaper

*AOM TT with all the upgrades

NOTE:ALL THE PATCHES I'VE POSTED ALL WORK TOGETHER, AND THEY'RE ALL HANDY

[This message has been edited by HL_Reaper (edited 12-26-2003 @ 07:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 21 December 2003 06:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
I have all of them, they're so cool.
posted 21 December 2003 09:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
This really helps people. but i already have all of them.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 21 December 2003 10:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  

Quoted from auron2:

This really helps people.

Yes, that was my thought too when I wrote this

posted 21 December 2003 11:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
I was working only with a BAR extracter and the CheeZy's new objects.... until now!!!! Thnx so much!

THE WORLD WILL END!
All the signs are showing us that the world will end quite soon according to the Bible.
There is astronomical evidence that a comet will hit the earth in twenty or so years.
Nuclear weapons. Enough said.
posted 21 December 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
On the "The New Editor Objects Patch" by Cheezy does this work when you have the New X Editor, Country X Mod, and SomenewTriggers installed also.

The "The New Editor Objects Patch" is the only one I do not have installed.

Also what is the "New Units template.scx" scenerio for in "The New Editor Objects Patch"?

Live Long And Prosper!!
The Adventure Continues!!
posted 21 December 2003 02:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Never mind about the scx file. I read the Readme.

After all the lectures I give people about reading the readme I catch myself not reading it first. LOL

Live Long And Prosper!!
The Adventure Continues!!
posted 21 December 2003 03:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
Yeah, it'll all work with everything.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 21 December 2003 06:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Hmmm, gues noone ever checks AOM HEAVEN mainpage and download section...
Well, I've updated it with some stuff for AOM Vanilla
posted 21 December 2003 10:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
hey thanx this helped alot o and i know this is off topic but did u ever look at ur diablo 2 campaign thread again??

I SHALL DEVOUR THY SOUL!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
posted 22 December 2003 04:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
I posted it the day before my computer crash, and yes I will finish Diablo II, but I first wanna complete the game a couple 'o times, and I've found an old CD where I accidantly backed up some of my old campaigns (Fimbulwinter and Reaper) they were a bit rusty and dusty, but Reaper has a very good cinematic inself wich I never to make again.
Now I have them again, so I decided to finish that one, it's going to be great, but I'm not going to post another campaign announcment because either people are getting sick of all those announcments or people won't believe me 'cause I've posted 3 untill now...
posted 22 December 2003 10:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
For each of the entries, can you also explain what you have to do to make a scenario designed with one of these tools compatible with the average downloader's version of AoM? I'm just looking for possible complications. For example, how do they affect the game? Are they easy to uninstall? Are they too much trouble to be worth it?

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 22 December 2003 01:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
Ok, done

-More questions, I'll edit it...

posted 22 December 2003 03:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
I assume that you have to include a copy of all of these programs with your scenarios that you submit to the blacksmith to get them to work with the downloader's version of AOM?

posted 22 December 2003 04:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
Well, that's only for the new objects editor patch, for the rest you can use it without having the other downloading the patch...

That's why I higly recommend the new objects patch...

posted 23 December 2003 10:50 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
If I have the PowerNewTrigger 2.0 (Don't exactly remeber the name) is it redundant to go back and download the earlier versions? Also, what about utilities for making cinimatics?
posted 23 December 2003 12:34 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
No, if you download 2.0, than you don't have to download 1.0, because it's a newer version it's called 2.0 ...
posted 23 December 2003 03:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Which, if any, of the files for AoM original would you reccomend for AoM:TT?

posted 24 December 2003 05:02 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Well, the New Editor Power Edition, is equal to the New X Editor Power Edition, and The Country X Mod is already recommended for AOM TT, as for the Editor Patch 1.1, that's really AOM only, that already exists The New Editor X Power Edition so...
posted 26 December 2003 07:24 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Updated, with the New X editor power editor

[This message has been edited by HL_Reaper (edited 12-26-2003 @ 07:24 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The ultimate design tools
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames