You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Someone has stolen my hyrule 1-4!!!!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 21 December 2003 10:42 PM EDT (US)   
I'm really pissed off now. I just went today online. and i saw this person hosting hyrule 1-5. but the weird thing is that i haven't release hyrule 1-5. This person called FOLLOWEROFKRONOS was hosting it. i went and played it. then when i was playing it, a message appear saying: MADE BY SOCKS!! and i made the scenario!!! is this F**ing fair!!

Someone downloaded my scenario and took of the intro cinematic and change the triggers a little and put it as his scenario and called it hyrule 1-5!!

CAN SOME PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!?

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 12-21-2003 @ 10:54 PM).]

Replies:
posted 21 December 2003 10:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 66  
that bastard i think i saw him playin it today if i see it im gonna tell ppl to stay away from it cuz it sux then he will get bored and never host it again MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SHALL DEVOUR THY SOUL!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
posted 21 December 2003 11:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 66  
that bastard is someday gonna pay!! it is unfair that i spended about 4 weeks working on the scenario, trying to find mods, music, and putting a lot of thoughts on triggers, and someone just downloads my scenario, takes the intro cinematic off, and makes a few changes to the triggers and put it as MADE BY SOCKS and name it hyrule 1-5!!

posted 22 December 2003 04:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 66  
That's just awful
posted 22 December 2003 05:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 66  
I know the feeling (but I'm not sure I can complain about it)...

Everyone's played Myth Blood Final Fix, right? Well after TT came out I waited for MudokonGod to release a new version of it... he didn't, and after play Myth Blood Final Fix on TT (it had SUPPOSEDLY been updated for TT, some n00b just changed it to .scx.. did we forget the TRIGGERS?) Anyway... That night I started work on Myth Blood - Rise of Atlantis. I took Myth Blood Final Fix, and redid all the terrain, turning it into an atlantean/Olympus tileset. I added a completely new bonus system (remember the old Put the Firegiant on the Osiris Piece/Bellepheron every 700 seconds?) using the kill trigger. I added well over 100 triggers to the original scenario, and really enhanced the gameplay, IMO...

Anyway, pretty soon I see some kid has updated MY version of myth blood, just added a few bits and pieces... I argued with him to stop sending it out, but he kept coming at me with, well you did the same thing . It wasn't the same thing, was it? I mean I added a huge amount of stuff to that scenario, as compared to just throwing in a few things here and there...

Anyway, next time I make a scenario, I'm going to use AoMED's copy protect feature on it. It messes up the triggers, so the scenario works, but the triggers can't be edited easily.

posted 22 December 2003 05:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 66  
THAT'S SO F*CKING STUPID, WHAT A BASTARD, #@$@!*#^@!#@!^!&@!
posted 22 December 2003 06:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 66  
Stupid n00bs (not you Reaper just the ones on ESO)
posted 22 December 2003 06:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 66  
what a fu*king retard. Stealing someone elses map is just the lowest of the low.

@auron: You sent me a starcraft map instead of a priest journey!!!! Also i have quit eazyclan

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 12-22-2003 @ 06:53 AM).]

posted 22 December 2003 08:26 AM EDT (US)     8 / 66  
Actually, MudokonGod did realease a new official Myth Blood. It was called Myth Blood 4a, then 4b and 4c to iron out bugs. All of the "official" ones, unaltered by other people are Mych Blood [number then letter].

This myth blood was good, and well balanced again, but I think it died in the floor of other people's attempts at destroying the scenario.

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
posted 22 December 2003 08:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 66  
that's why you shouldn't upload unfinished copied of your scenarios or give it out to peopleyou don't trust...

but he is still a f*ckin moron :P

posted 22 December 2003 10:58 AM EDT (US)     10 / 66  
Other people obviously don't think so, but I personally consider having someone take the time to modify one of my scenarios high praise. In fact, I encourage people to make changes.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 22 December 2003 11:24 AM EDT (US)     11 / 66  
There's a forumer here named followerof_kronos (or somthing like that).

I Havent slept since I woke up and found my whole life was a lie mother****er...
posted 22 December 2003 12:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 66  
you should bring this to the attention of one of the Cherubs or Angels. If this person is using HG servers to as a download host and you can prove that the scenario is in fact yours, they will likely take direct action against him/her.

:Z

Fly, you fools! The Zman cometh!
"And a mighty TSUNAMI swept them all to sea..."
posted 22 December 2003 01:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 66  

Quote:

There's a forumer here named followerof_kronos (or somthing like that).

His name is, servant_ofkronos but I don't suspect him to do something like that...
posted 22 December 2003 02:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 66  
MiNdWaRp, at least if that person was gonna make the next version of hyrule, he should have given me some credit saying that I made the map design, and that i was the one who found the mods, music and triggers. but this person just makes another version and changes it into a supremacy kind of game and calls it hyrule 1-5 and put it as he was the creator.

the only thing the guy changed from hyrule 1-4, was taking off the intro cinematic, he really didn't made too much changes.

This is what is says when the game begins:

Zelda made by socks, welcome each of you will start with the allmighty Link.

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 12-22-2003 @ 03:40 PM).]

posted 22 December 2003 04:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 66  
Well, than he's a mother-***************************************************** ********************************** and need to get lost, and design his own scenario's!!!!

[This message has been edited by HL_Reaper (edited 12-22-2003 @ 04:48 PM).]

posted 22 December 2003 04:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 66  
If someone at HG stole your map, report it to one of the angels. Map stealing a serious offence and will get you permanently banned here.

I remember a long time ago someone stole my World Map. The funny thing was that everyone knew it was by me and he got flamed so bad everywhere he went for stealing it.

then he got banned

As long as people know that the is by you, or that whoever "stole it" didn't make it, then you're alright. What I do is I leave bits and peices here and there in my map, like in objectives, or the spotlight, or in trigger titles as proof that I made the map. Most map stealers are stupid and won't change those, if they claim that they made your map you could just counter them with the message "This map is made by ____" that you left in the trigger section.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 22 December 2003 06:41 PM EDT (US)     17 / 66  
are you an angel cheezy? and maybe i should edit hyrule 1-4 and put my name all over the spotlight and objectives.

posted 22 December 2003 09:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 66  
Cheezy, i just went online today, and i'm really f**k*ng angry. I saw my exact hyrule 1-4 being host. but the only difference was that the same bastard called sucks put his name on the intro-cinematic i made as the creator. This bastard keeps hosting my hyrule 1-4 scenario as his creation. one day, all of the people will think that all of the versions of hrule were made by him. but the truth is that i was the one who made all of the hyrul versions.

SOMEONE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

posted 22 December 2003 09:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 66  
IT WAS ME!!!

That really sucks But How can that happen? I never knew you could do that. I mean you worked on it for soooo long and all of a sudden some fu**er steals all of that, thats harsh! I think he should be banned from ESO, thats worst than smurfing, literarly! And yes Cheezy is an Angel, and the only one active right now for the AOM community, because Kumar is gone for a while

Top 15 RAF Ladder: [RoR]Acamas
"Macs are the computing equivalent of a dumb blond. " - Silk
Formally known as Acamas, Acamas_Samaca and Hero_Acamas
If you are interested in the [RoR] clan visit our website
posted 22 December 2003 09:46 PM EDT (US)     20 / 66  

Quote:

I never knew you could do that.

Well all you have to do is press File | Open..

It does suck when people steal maps; luckily that hasn't happened much to me because everybody knew who made the map.

One easy way to prevent newbies from stealing the map is by adding your triggers to a different group using the Groups feature. Most of them won't know how to look for triggers in a different group. Another way if you're really concerned is to make a custom trigger effect that is exactly the same as Send Chat or Message or whatever, and just use that one, since your triggers xml file doesn't transfer to others over ESO but the actual trigger code works just fine. However when you release your own version it's likely to be much better than anything anyone edited so don't worry that much.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.

[This message has been edited by Matei (edited 12-22-2003 @ 09:47 PM).]

posted 22 December 2003 10:19 PM EDT (US)     21 / 66  
I have been going from website to website to warn people about this bastard called socks. so far, i have almost warned about 5 different websites of aom.

posted 22 December 2003 10:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 66  
E-Mail Emsemble Studios.

<\\\-OR-///>

Release the scenario agian as a Read-Only file.

Man that sucks!

I'd go with Emailing ES, that way they'll ban Socks Product Key(so he can't use or create ESO accounts with that product key) and he'll have to buy AOM/+TT again

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 12-22-2003 @ 10:45 PM).]

posted 22 December 2003 11:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 66  
how do i do that?

posted 22 December 2003 11:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 66  
1)Read-me
My Documents->My Games->scenario->right click scenario names icon->Properties->Read-Only->Ok
2)ES email
Email them at: (i think)
mmccart@ensemblestudios.com
LOL:
[BMP, (2.44 MB)]

posted 22 December 2003 11:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 66  
Or contact ES_Archangel here:archangel@ensemblestudios.com
And he will probaly do it for you.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Someone has stolen my hyrule 1-4!!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames