You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Congratulations Designer of the Month! (November 2004)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04 December 2004 11:39 PM EDT (US)   
Congratulations, Gaurdian, a news article should be going up soon on the main page with the official award.

To the other designers- I had a REALLY hard time choosing, there are many of you good ones out there, but not to worry, there's next month

Replies:
posted 04 December 2004 11:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
uhh? wow, i was expecting maybe Mythos Ruler, Baron_Lopi, or Tbarak to deserve such title. although birthright has an awesome concepts and features, it still remains with too many bugs(see my canceled review), which makes this scenario balance and playability very weak.

but anyways, congratsalthough i still think the decision wasnt well made

oh yes, congrats to Oscar! looking forward to play that awesome scenario.

Although what about King Jareds campaign,or the M/M upcoming campaigns which look really promising?

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 05 December 2004 00:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
Spotlights are done weekly, so King Jared will probly be next.

The Designer of the Month, I picked Gaurdian because he's done many good scenarios in the past, AND a recent great one.

Those guys will also be looked upon closely in the future.

posted 05 December 2004 00:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
You have to give Guardian some credit Auron. He announces a new project about once a week. I know many are on behalf of his team who are seemingly incapable of posting, but he's definitely putting forth the effort.

I doubt any of our mods could objectively pick a designer of the month anyway. Lp is working on a project with Guardian right now, so he's exposed to him more. And Kumar and Byz are both in TS, so they'd be more likely to pick a TS member. To be objective, you'd need an outsider.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited 12-05-2004 @ 00:18 AM).]

posted 05 December 2004 00:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
Yes, you're right Spitfire, even though I hate advertising, I told Gaurdian to not even post about this project til it was done (It was actually supposed to be a secret), I did it just to advertise him, yup.

Quote:

He announces a new project about once a week

Has he not finished them all? For all I know, he's finished all he's announced.

But one thing you are right, I do get exposed to him more often to see his work, now I ask you guys to please send me emails on suggestions for the designer of the month, that way I won't have to pick myself, and it'll be a lot of weight off my back.

[This message has been edited by Elpea (edited 12-05-2004 @ 00:31 AM).]

posted 05 December 2004 00:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
Congrats to guardian and oscar.

posted 05 December 2004 00:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 46  

Quote:

I did it just to advertise him, yup.

I wasn't implying any malignancy on your part. I meant only that you can only pick from the pool of designers that you know well enough, which is hardly your fault.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 05 December 2004 03:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
Congratulations Guardian!

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 05 December 2004 03:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
Congrats Gaurdian!!

-=Skycat=-
posted 05 December 2004 04:00 AM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
posted 05 December 2004 04:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
Hey I was gonna congratulate you on MSN but you went offline...
Yeh congratulations anyway

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 05 December 2004 05:58 AM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
Congrats . Though I have seen much better scns than Birthright.

And I'm looking forward to the Lost Legion!

This is not related to HoM in any way, is it?

posted 05 December 2004 07:01 AM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
Thanks all! Woah cool, I didn't expect this.

Anyways, I realize alot of people are split on the decision, but that's ok, you can't ever except everyone to agree. IMO Birthright was not the best scenario ever created and I can certainly do better- and I will. Its just the first time I've attempted something this big- and you've got to admit, it is pretty big, so were my ambitions for it. I'm glad some people liked it, and encouraged to work harder to make sure that those who didn't will like my next one.

Going to add reward to my sig(6)

Quote:

I doubt any of our mods could objectively pick a designer of the month anyway. Lp is working on a project with Guardian right now, so he's exposed to him more.

I can't agree with that because I haven't shown Lp anything that I haven't showed you yet. Just ask him, every screen he's seen is up there. Infact, he knows as much about the project as all of you do (HC)- and I released Birthright way before starting on this project.

Quote:

Although what about King Jareds campaign,or the M/M upcoming campaigns which look really promising?

That's a little going too far Auron. Nobody at all doubts that these are amazing projects, but so is Oscar's. He deserves the spotlight as much as anyone else. Come on, do you always have to add these sort of comments- its like 'Congratulations but you don't deserve it!'- its not really that nice at all.

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 12-05-2004 @ 08:31 AM).]

posted 05 December 2004 08:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
posted 05 December 2004 08:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
Why does everyone congratulate Oscar, he didn't win the prize...

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 05 December 2004 08:51 AM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
guardian forced me to congratulate him so........

woot

posted 05 December 2004 09:03 AM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
i never said oscar didnt deserve a spotlight, i saw the trailer and his scenario IS awesome. I was just wondering why other projects bigger projects werent taken in count. But i do think Oscar deserves it.

Quote:

I doubt any of our mods could objectively pick a designer of the month anyway. Lp is working on a project with Guardian right now, so he's exposed to him more. And Kumar and Byz are both in TS, so they'd be more likely to pick a TS member. To be objective, you'd need an outsider.

agrees....how about making a voting thread of which designers should deserve this award?

Quote:

IMO Birthright was not the best scenario ever created and I can certainly do better

yep, although the overloaded amount of bugs was the only thing that made your scenario kinda weak.

Quote:

The Designer of the Month, I picked Gaurdian because he's done many good scenarios in the past, AND a recent great one.

yes, i have to admit that his scenarios are good, but i've seen some more outstanding scenarios made recently. And i still think Baron_Lopi, wth the Nowhere cinematic should had deserve designer of the month.

regards
Auron

posted 05 December 2004 09:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 46  

Quote:

guardian forced me to congratulate him so........

*Stops using Whip*

Quoted from me@auron:

Come on, do you always have to add these sort of comments- its like 'Congratulations but you don't deserve it!'- its not really that nice at all.

posted 05 December 2004 09:13 AM EDT (US)     18 / 46  

Quote:

Congratulations, Gaurdian, a news article should be going up soon on the main page with the official award.

To the other designers- I had a REALLY hard time choosing, there are many of you good ones out there, but not to worry, there's next month

I'd have thought that he didn't have any competition.
posted 05 December 2004 09:15 AM EDT (US)     19 / 46  

Quote:

Come on, do you always have to add these sort of comments- its like 'Congratulations but you don't deserve it!'- its not really that nice at all.

That doesn't come from nowhere, Guardian. Auron actually never insulted or trolled someone yet, he's one of the friendliest persons here. So if you feel offended, you should wonder why he might have a reason to do that. Same applies to me BTW, I once or twice regretted that I was committed to your unbanning.

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 12-05-2004 @ 09:16 AM).]

posted 05 December 2004 09:34 AM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
I never really said he trolled or flamed. I said-

Quote:

posted 05 December 2004 09:43 AM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
I dont see how i insulted Oscar or you at all. You always seem to find something wrong with whatever i say and try to make it as if i said something bad when i didnt...and now that i think about it, same happens whenever i review an scenario of yours, you always have to make a big deal about it, even if you doing show it here, you certainly show your inmature behavior on msn(yep the chatlogs that i have proves it)

and trying to quote that on every reply you do just makes my point clear; that you are attempting to show people that i'm the bad guy around here, or you just keep misunderstanding my post. Re-read my previous post guardian.

posted 05 December 2004 09:50 AM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Umm, I'm not going to argue with you here Auron.

You didn't insult us and you didn't flame. What you did was this-

but anyways, congrats although i still think the decision wasnt well made

It's just the way you congratulate people, there always has to be a comment afterwards letting us know that we don't deserve it. IMO, that's unfair.

posted 05 December 2004 09:54 AM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
Yeah, but that doesn't come from nowhere.
posted 05 December 2004 09:55 AM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
Congrats Guardian and Oscar.

Do you really have to flame gaurdian? He (she?) won the award. It's over.

[This message has been edited by FD2 (edited 12-05-2004 @ 09:56 AM).]

posted 05 December 2004 09:58 AM EDT (US)     25 / 46  

Quote:

Yeah, but that doesn't come from nowhere.

Does that matter AoMPlayer? As I said in my 'acceptance' post-

Anyways, I realize alot of people are split on the decision, but that's ok, you can't ever except everyone to agree. IMO Birthright was not the best scenario ever created and I can certainly do better- and I will. Its just the first time I've attempted something this big- and you've got to admit, it is pretty big, so were my ambitions for it. I'm glad some people liked it, and encouraged to work harder to make sure that those who didn't will like my next one.

I mean, I would never come to anyone who won an award and tell him 'Congrats but you don't deserve it'. Its just not nice, I mean really, it does make me 'feel bad' whether you believe it or not. Some people think I deserved it, some people don't, that's alright, but to tell me in my face on a forum that I don't deserve it, isn't that extreme?

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Congratulations Designer of the Month! (November 2004)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames