You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 28 April 2005 11:07 AM EDT (US)   
Have a Question? You're in the right place.

Since the last, very popular thread created by King Jared has reached its end, it is time for a new one.

I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

If ever in need of viewing the previous thread, a link can be found HERE. The questions from this thread have also been compiled into series of text files by Anastasoulis. They are available for download HERE.

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-24-2005 @ 02:07 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 April 2005 12:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2500  
The King is full !! lOONG LIVE THE NEW KING !!!(of forum threads)

Acrtic you should put up a link to the old thread in the main topic of this new thread ( just for old times sake )

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 04-28-2005 @ 12:52 PM).]

posted 28 April 2005 04:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2500  
Wow, it maxed out. That's hot.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 28 April 2005 07:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2500  
well, lookz like im da fist noob to ask a question here.

k so im makein a buy and get somethin game. and i want to give one of my guyz regeneration. i know how to give the guy regeneration from the start, but how do i do it from a certain point on?

next i want there to be a cap on how much stuff u can buy from one thing, so how do i stop the plr from gettin any more of somethin?

thx,
Spike

All men dream, just not some as much as others. Some men dream of great things in the dark of night, but when morning comes they see that these things are out of their reach and forget them. Other men dream in the day, these men are dangerous men indeed, for they dream of change and conquest and fight for it with unmatched strength. These are the Chaos Knights
posted 28 April 2005 11:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2500  
Fire Trigger effect activates triggers that do not have "Active" checked off. So in a trigger that occurs later in a game, you can then insert the Fire Trigger effect into that same trigger so one trigger happens after another.

In other words:

Start of Game > Trigger A > Trigger B
_____0 sec________10 sec_____Later___

posted 28 April 2005 11:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 2500  
Updated Vandhaal
posted 29 April 2005 10:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 2500  
You owned King Jared. Ahahaa!
posted 29 April 2005 10:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2500  
A cap on buying things? This can be done with quest vars. Have that every time that thing is bought, a specific quest var is incremented. Then, have a condition that buying can take place only when the quest var is below a value.

[This message has been edited by greyshark (edited 04-29-2005 @ 10:51 AM).]

posted 29 April 2005 12:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2500  
@ Arctic:

Great

@ Lord_Spike3

yep greyshark is right.

Dr Nick wrote about it in his quest var quide...he used the bying item thing as an example

@ Guardian:

Quote:

??? did I miss something here ?

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
posted 29 April 2005 12:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2500  
Hopefully this will be as popular as the first :P
posted 29 April 2005 01:43 PM EDT (US)     10 / 2500  
woah! That thread must have been the first thread ever to be maxed out! I didn't even know a thread could get maxed out :|

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 29 April 2005 08:41 PM EDT (US)     11 / 2500  
I find it is not possible to attack a player who is set to neutral, contrary to what I have heard from a few people (noobs?). Is there a way to attack players set to neutral?
posted 29 April 2005 09:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2500  

Quote:

Hopefully this will be as popular as the first :P

Probably won't, but hope so.

^^Did you set diplomacy right?

posted 29 April 2005 09:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2500  
how do you rotate objects vetically?
posted 29 April 2005 10:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2500  

Quote:

Guh? I don't follow you, but nevertheless, I challenge you to a duel. Pistols at dawn, sah.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 30 April 2005 00:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 2500  

Quote:

woah! That thread must have been the first thread ever to be maxed out! I didn't even know a thread could get maxed out :|/q]LWPs do it often, there are allot of threads that max out.

Quote:

Guh? I don't follow you, but nevertheless, I challenge you to a duel. Pistols at dawn, sah.

No, I've overthrown his reign of terror
posted 30 April 2005 01:43 AM EDT (US)     16 / 2500  
Off topic:

loL Don't push him Arctic,

You don't want him to open another "have a question thread" and start on competing with this one

He will sure have the marketing advantage from the fact that he can claim he has set up the original thread and that copies from it are inferior

Remember he is a Canadian...and Canadians just do things in a different way then we other guys around the world

regards,

The Vandhaal

ok now on topic:

@greyshark

No I think it is not possible to attack neutral players Aom.
I have the experience that in some other Rts game titles neutral players can be attacked...and if you attack them their military units will attack you but I think this is not the case in Aom.

Maybe you can explain a bit more on what you want to do...so we can help you think to work around the neutral player thing

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 04-30-2005 @ 01:44 AM).]

posted 30 April 2005 05:53 AM EDT (US)     17 / 2500  
Cheese_Republic, you have to download Reyk's editor first.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
posted 30 April 2005 07:23 AM EDT (US)     18 / 2500  
can you freeze a units animation without using loop because i need a dude to stay one animation.

Is there a way?

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
(°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
(¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
posted 30 April 2005 07:29 AM EDT (US)     19 / 2500  
If unit die during the animation it will freeze. So use "kill unit" trigger.
posted 30 April 2005 07:50 AM EDT (US)     20 / 2500  
Why won't my sounds play?...I put them in mydocuments/games/ageofmythology/sounds(mp3format) and use the soundfilename trigger, and did it right cause it works with the built in sounds but not with mine, its like the sounds are playing but you cant hear them.
posted 30 April 2005 08:35 AM EDT (US)     21 / 2500  
@ hessu, ah, now i remember.

@ glitch, sometimes the sounds dont load, check you open the trigger properly, try restarting the editor.

Another question:
this sounds noobish but is annoying me greatly, i want to invoke a god power (lighning storm) for the computer player.
so i grant spclightning storm to player 9, a few seconds later i invoke the god power with player 9 and set the area but it doesnt work, i dont want to set it to a unit because of several reasons.

am i missing some very fundamental or am i just stupiD?

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
(°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
(¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
posted 30 April 2005 09:01 AM EDT (US)     22 / 2500  

Quote:

a few seconds later i invoke the god power with player 9 and set the area but it doesnt work

Provided the GP was granted and invoked correctly I'd say player 9 probably has no line of sight to the target area.
If you playtest the scenario as player 9 the reason for the problem should become clear.

posted 30 April 2005 09:09 AM EDT (US)     23 / 2500  
Sorted, beautifull.

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
(°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
(¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
posted 30 April 2005 11:00 AM EDT (US)     24 / 2500  
You know, you could run this thread out of the official HG question asking place: http://www.elpea.net/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

I'm just saying is all.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____

[This message has been edited by Spitfire (edited 04-30-2005 @ 11:01 AM).]

posted 30 April 2005 12:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2500  
I had one new topic for questions when the previous one was almost full,
that one get locked,why?
I think that's wheird.

-=Wakain=-
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames