Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pretty Town Contest 2006 - Winners
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 04 November 2006 05:41 PM EDT (US)   
So the results for the Pretty Town Contest 2006 are finally in. After many hours of painstaking analysis, plenty of tears, a lot of coffee, and careful scrutinisation of every last pixel, we've finally come up with our list of winners:

1st Place: Wonders of the Deep by The Vandhaal

Coming in first place was The Vandhaal who wins himself a copy of The Making of AoM DVD, The Official AoM Soundtrack, and a custom title, for his beautiful underwater world in Wonders of the Deep. Delving amongst the ruins of Atlantis and into Poseidon's watery realm, it's a stunning feast of eye candy, quite possibly some of the best ever. Great design, object placement, and use of the editor at it's best make this a well deserved winner.

2nd Place: Archaeopolis by Archaeoptrix

Only just missing out on the top prize in second place was Archaeoptrix's Archaeopolis, a near impregnable Citadel, run by an evil dictator. Congrats Arch, you've won yourself a copy of the AoM soundtrack, and a custom title. The town itself is extremely well done, with great attention to detail. A well defined layout, and excellent use of elevation and eye candy make for a very comfortable 2nd place.

3rd Place: El Muelle de San Blas by Auron

Our final winning spot goes to Auron of Tsunami Studios, who gets a HG T-Shirt and custom title for his efforts in El Muelle de San Blas, a gorgeous town, backed up with some nicely done design.

Finally, an honourary mention goes to Urgwaine who wins a custom title for the sheer originality and humour of A Trip to Talos. If you've ever wondered what would happen if the Norse, Egyptians, and Greeks teamed up to explore strange new worlds before colonising space, wonder no more!

A big congratulations to all our winners - I'll be in touch soon about your prizes. A large thank you to all of those who took part for helping to make it such a great competion, Papaya for helping with the judging, and Jared for helping with the organisation.

We'll have the entries up for your downloading pleasure shortly, so stay tuned!

Edit: Downloads are now up

[This message has been edited by Sith (edited 11-06-2006 @ 06:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04 November 2006 05:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 103  
congrats
posted 04 November 2006 05:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 103  
Yeah!! Are they ready for download? I wanted to see Arch's and Auron's...

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
{|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
posted 04 November 2006 05:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 103  
They should be ready for downloading now, yeah
posted 04 November 2006 05:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 103  
Awesome! Congrats guys!

And, the way the downloads turned out is cool. I thought when you said you were releasing them, they'd all be in one megapack with your name as the author. Thanks.

Any chance of seeing how many points each scenario received?

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 11-04-2006 @ 05:57 PM).]

posted 04 November 2006 06:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 103  
Alrighty, all winners have been sent an email containing information about their prizes. If you didn't get it let me know ASAP.

Quote:

Any chance of seeing how many points each scenario received?

There aren't any plans to release the exact scores at this time. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Sith (edited 11-04-2006 @ 06:02 PM).]

posted 04 November 2006 06:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 103  
they look great good job guys! oh and can you put them all into one nice download?

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • [This message has been edited by Aomts_help911 (edited 11-04-2006 @ 06:39 PM).]

posted 04 November 2006 06:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 103  
    Can you show us full map shots?
    posted 04 November 2006 07:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 103  
    CONGRATS URGWAINE!

Wow Vandall, that looks incredible. Nice work.

Nice work all.

posted 04 November 2006 07:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 103  
    Many congratulations Vandhaal, Archaeopterix and Auron!!

Particular congrats I give to Arch, whose town I was sent full map screenies of throughout the design process, and I thought it was utterly awesome.

Due to my AOT disk being broken, I can't view any towns without full map screenshots.
    (I'd particularly appreciate them at absolutely full size, so everything is at the default AOM zoom. )

posted 04 November 2006 08:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 103  
    Nice one people! Once again the vandhaal proves his Godliness!
    posted 04 November 2006 08:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 103  
    Congratulations to all 4 winners, and also congratulations to the owners of computers that can see Archaeopterix' and Auron's entries without lag. (lol).

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
    No matter what you say
    posted 04 November 2006 08:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 103  
    Great Job's Guys! Incredible towns!
    posted 04 November 2006 08:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 103  
    If you guys think about it..

You are the top three eye candy artists in the world. Be proud. Be very, very proud.

posted 04 November 2006 09:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 103  
    I really like urgwaines very creative!

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • posted 04 November 2006 09:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 103  
    FYI, you submitted Prometheus 4's entry twice.

posted 04 November 2006 09:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 103  
    Congratulations everyone! The screenshots is looking good.

I think FOG.
    posted 04 November 2006 09:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 103  
    Congrats Vandhaal! and Arch. And Auron :P
    posted 04 November 2006 09:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 103  
    Wow, I just looked at your Vandhaal! It was incredible! Incredible Job! You are truely the master of eyecandy and overall map design. Very well done!
    posted 04 November 2006 10:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 103  
    I've seen the top 4 now and they're all spectacular! They're ama-to-the-zing! Great job!

I think FOG.
    posted 04 November 2006 10:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 103  
    wow...I cant believe i seriously won! I thank you guys and of course, Vandhaal and arch you guys truly rock our design world! rock on guys!

and i just noticed all entries have already been submitted on the download section. however whenever i type "auron_2" my pretty town doesnt appear along with all my other creations:S

hmm and now that i think about it carefully, Vandhaal is in Tsunami as well. w00t!

best regards,
    Auron

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
    posted 04 November 2006 10:30 PM EDT (US)     21 / 103  
    Search for "auron 2" without the underscore.

I think FOG.
    posted 04 November 2006 10:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 103  
    actually the search results of that word shows other submittions which aren't mine from other authors who have named me on the description

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
    posted 04 November 2006 11:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 103  
    Ok guys first:

I once again like to congratulate ALL the guys & girls who created and submitted something for the AomH pretty town Contest 2006 !!!..... I mean all 16 of us guys have turned this into a true community design event..... I also would like to thank all the guys who did not submit anything but supported this AomH event...and who supported us designers.......so yes lets turn this all into a big party !!!.....and lets hope more people will see the possibilities of AoM and will start to mess around with this old but still very alive game !

Ofcourse my congrats go to Auron & Archaeoptrix
    but they also go to Urgwaine.....he should be an example for all guys who are new to AoM.... This was the first map he ever has created for AoM....and it sure rocks ass hell and sparkels from imagination !

Well ofcourse Guardian of Isis should also get a special mention...because he basicly had not time and still pushed on to create and submit something !!

Ok thanx a lot : sorry name taken, Sandro the Wicke, shadeslayer , dwieeb, darkdude, Titan602, Prometheus4 , Kyle_De_Konquer_, Iceacool , I Love Bananas ,GoI, Alex Pespsidude_123 , Auron, Archaeopterix and Urgwaine it is a great honour to be part of this competition in such a fine collection of spirited scenario designers who love AoM !!

Also many thanx to Sith, Papaya and King Jared...well i know that I have won...but most important for me is to know that you guys ( the evil judges) have enjoyed this scenario.

Paperfriend, Darkdude and Urgwaine...I would like to thank you guys also for convincing me to not step down from this competition....I hope that although I have won many people agree with me that this has been a great and inspiring event....and I hope not too much guys will be disappointed

I also hope that all others who download it will enjoy my but also all other maps !! (please tread them nice and do not burn them into the ground with crappy ratings or weird comments)....and I hope that many new people will start messing around and explore the world of ancient myths, sexy women, and brave warriors.....the world called Age of Mythology.

Ok to celebrate this fantastic scenario design party I will post a full showcase for my map...( stay tuned i will edit this message in some minutes and post the link at the bottom)

Once again thanx a lot it is a great honour to be the winner amongst such great designers....not only the oldies but also the suprising new guys !!!

edit Ok I have posted my showcase....find and enjoy it here

Best regards,
    The vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-04-2006 @ 11:12 PM).]

posted 04 November 2006 11:53 PM EDT (US)     24 / 103  
    thanks again to Vandhaal and all of his honorable mentions, again, I'm stunned at how much the designing community is yet still alive and just how great it is.. Again, congrats everyone, good luck with everything and especially you The Vandhaal, with your The Corruptor Campaign.. Now I can't wait to see it ...

Regards,

Sandro The Wicke

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    {|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
    posted 05 November 2006 01:24 AM EDT (US)     25 / 103  
    First of all, thank you to everyone who entered the contest, I was very pleased and surprised at the same time with the amount of entries that we had. I can honestly say that I had a lot of fun judging them all. Congrats to The Vandhaal, Archaeoptrix, Auron, and Urgwaine. All of you did very nice jobs!

Regarding one big download: yes, this can be arranged. I understand how this would be much easier than download them separately. One should be available shortly.

Also, like I said in another thread, a gallery is going to be set up with screenshots from all the entries soon. So Shrink, don't worry, you'll see them.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Pretty Town Contest 2006 - Winners
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames