Loads of eyecandy!

Sounds!

Music!

Text!

Objective banner with hints!

and everything else a game needs!!

Wow!! Sounds awesome, but...

What is Zombie Wars?
Zombie Wars is a tactical multi-player scenario!

How many players are there and what colors are they?
There are 4 players, Player 1 is blue, player 2 is Red, player 3 is green, and player 4 is yellow!

Will this work on Aom Vanilla(old version)?
There are actually no Aom:TT objects though however there are Aom:TT triggers so unfortunately no but I'll try to make a Vanilla version!

When will you finish the map?
Actually the terrain is finished and there is a map in the screenshot section. But however I still have to finish up on the triggers (they should be more than 50% finished) and of course I need to do some playtesting

Does that mean it'll be a year before it comes out!?
No, no, no... the complete scenario will come out on June 1st, 2008

I can't wait that long! Isn't there some screenshots I can look at?
Of course, I'm just getting to that part!

Oh my goodness, I don't even know how the game works!!
It's simple; One player starts of as the zombie (he will have flame around him)
Using melee or his jump attack he can instantly kill whom ever he attacks...
Hey, that's not fair, he'll slaughter everyone!!
Every 55-65 seconds someone else becomes the zombie and the previous zombie becomes a normal anubite
I get it, so you could be the zombie about to kill the last player, but suddenly he becomes the zombie and kills you!
That's the basic idea, and to win you have to kill everyone (which means you have to stay alive until you become the zombie and then kill the last player), but there is one more thing...
What's that?
There are 3 relics (which respawn every 30 seconds) and by collecting them you can receive one of the following godpowers; 1. Spy (one use) 2. Freeze (one use) 3. Vision (one use) 4. Shockwave (infinite use with break in between)
Is that everything?
Two more things; 1. the zombie can see everyone 2. I have some questions for YOU!

What do you think of the Godpower idea?
What do you think of the Zombie seeing everyone?
What can I add to make this game better?
Please post your questions, comments, complaints, and the like, but first... check out these screenshots!!

The game begins...

Zombie Stats

About to be killed, when all of a sudden, I become the zombie...

Back to being an ordinary anubite

Look out below!

The leap of faith death

He should try out for high jump!

Bad Smart friends split up

Good Dumb friends don't

Map:
Warning Spoiler: Click to View Map
Note: Final version has trees, and cyan is to mark where you can't go, this is just for a vague idea of the map, final product may or may not be the same.

That's all for now!!

Hope you'll download it when it comes out!

Note:
If anyone is wondering how I made such an amazing show case (if I say so myself) I'll teach them.

The reason there will not be any wildlife (including birds) is because some computers will have major lag.

Questions for the smart guys:
How would I test to make sure a scenario would work on Aom:Vanilla if I own Aom:TT?

How long would it take for something to be put up in the downloads section or could I make it unavailable to download until June 1st 2008?

Thanks alot,

Protestuir

P.S. If any is wondering who I am; I have been an Aom: Heaven member for quite some time and have been silently observing and downloading stuff. Until recently however I was not very active (if you archive spiral eyecandy you will find the only post of mine when I was inactive)

P.S.S. This is actually my first scenario. (Pretty good for my first time eh?) Also my first thread/showcase.
Replies:
posted 20 May 2008 00:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
Nice, this is going in AOMI.
posted 20 May 2008 07:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
This looks like a great scenario. I think it is fine that the zombie can see all the enemies, since the map looks relatively big. Does the zombie have the ability to get god powers? If so, how will you stop the zombie from using frost on an enemy in order to kill the enemies with ease? One thing I could think of that you could add (Not a neccessity) is random events. I also noticed that there is no way to get down from the cliffs by jumping. Maybe you could add the odd dwarf (With no speed and infinite health) so players could jump up (or down) from the cliffs.

But, don't feel obligated to add any of my suggestions, it looks like a great map and i can't wait to play it.

Released maps: Soccer Battle
Works in Progress: Monkey RPG(Not real name) - Storyline being planned
posted 20 May 2008 08:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
Nice idea. You just inspired me for a scenario
I am sure looking forwards for it!
posted 20 May 2008 03:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
WHAT NO! I have already started on a virtually identical map. :O

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 20 May 2008 03:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
I have on a slightly similar, single player map some time ago. (actually similar in theme only - you don't get to play as the zombie and the map is all the aftermath of a nuclear attack).

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 20 May 2008 04:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17  
ohhhh you play as the zombie...then no mine isn't the same as yours. Only on theme and multiplayer. Mine is more like Bingos.

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 20 May 2008 06:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
I'm amazed! Only one day and already 6 replies, originally i was going to have it possible to jump up cliffs as a normal anubite (which i think i will) but it seemed too complex, do you think i should just have a random dwarf walking by or something? And if the zombie uses freeze on the anubie then he'll be able to kill him but the same is for shockwave and anyhow... that's a waste of a godpower plus he was gonna kill him any how. Actually the zombie has a slight speed boost so that he can catch his prey (which is why i added the godpowers). Thanks for your intrest, Protestuir.

Scenario in Progress:→Zombie Wars
~The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time~

~The following is true:the previous is false~

posted 20 May 2008 08:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
Hmm, this might be fun, and it might be good only for a few games before it becomes repetitive. I know it will require a LOT of balancing.

I don't mean to burst your bubble at all, the game looks like a lot of fun, but it could end up the same way that 99% of the Kronos Escapes did.

If you want some new ideas for anything:

The zombie gets a cast of Ancestors when he becomes a zombie. They really have the feeling of zombie minions (they're even called minions). They could be used to corner prey or as a distraction or to scout if you decide to remove zombie free LOS.

Eclipse could be really interesting. In AoM: Risk (which I haven't released, yet), casting Eclipse removes scouting information from the map for a minute, allowing players to move secretly to attack opponents (or allies). You could use similar triggers. If it's set up that way, Eclipse could be used defensively to prevent the zombie from seeing you or offensively to prevent your prey from using GPs that could save them. It lasts a long time, though.

Killing players weakens the next zombie/strengthens the next zombie. Depending on balance of the game and whatever else you want. Also to prevent stalemates, after a while the zombie should probably get a bit stronger each time.

Lastly, there are many other GPs that have the potential to be cool. Meteor, Vortex, Shifting Sands, (similar to Vortex, but requires more skill to use and can be used on the enemy as well), Lure (useful to block paths for a few seconds), Restoration (if the Zombie takes more than one hit to kill you, Restoration could be priceless), etc.

Players could kill NPCs or even each other for access to the God Powers (or relic pickup). You can even set up triggers so players can steal each other's god powers.

I don't know why you picked four really uninteresting god powers as your four. Vision is really crappy on a large map. Frost is probably the most uninteresting (and overpowered, because you can Frost a Zombie and then everyone is bored for 1 minute).
posted 20 May 2008 11:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
Nice showcase

I hope you'll host this online when it comes out

Hey I know you!

Without A Doubt, The Most Known Person In The World (Metaphorically Speaking)

Latest Scenario: I Am Bear - The Cinematic (4.4)
A Sequel to the Titans Campaign: Rise of the World Power
posted 21 May 2008 10:00 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
Thanks alot for your reply Forbiddian, it has really shown some light on how much more I need for this scenario. I will probably add the minions, which would have no attack and would scout out the other guys. The reason i chose those 4 godpower however is because, vision would allow you to see where the zombie is, freeze is overpowed i suppose, shockwave is perfect, and spy is to spy on the guys. The other anubites can't see the whole map though.

posted 22 May 2008 00:35 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
The problem is that it's so much weaker than every other GP (especially unbuffed). It only provides 20 seconds of detection and you might not even see the zombie.

Actually, when you pick up the relics, do you get all four GPs in a package, or randomly or do each of the relics correspond to a GP?

If it's all a package, then it's probably ok to have a bad GP, but it would suck to work really hard to find a relic that is useless or basically useless.

Your advertisement here!
posted 23 May 2008 11:26 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Looks like it will be a fun and dynamic scenario to play.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 31 May 2008 12:40 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
I hope it will come out today but due to lack of interest it may be posted phoned to a later date. Sorry, Protestuir. Due to the fact that on second opinion, this scenario in my mind needs a little extra. I will create a new and improved version whit Nottuds random map creator, I will name it something like Zombie Wars II:________ Any ideas?? Thanks, Protestuir once again.

posted 31 May 2008 01:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
looks sick

Scenario in progress: Wanderer of Worlds RPG
Recent Scenario: Cliff Jumper Minigame (beta)
Check out my guide on how to make a cool custom special attack here!
posted 02 June 2008 09:04 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
I like the look of this scenario. I hope you release it.

Really, the thing is that you have learnt from it. I would prefer a great map with maybe a bit missing today, than a perfect map in a year.
posted 02 June 2008 11:00 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
This looks like a really fun scenario to play, and I hope that you stick to the task.

Zombie Wars II: Resident Evil? =p

Well the name would catch some attention...
posted 02 June 2008 01:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
Great showcase. I'm looking forward to this

Sweet baby maizes!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: ~ZOMBIE WARS~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: