Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Across Roman Borders
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 24 March 2009 03:33 PM EDT (US)   

Across Roman Borders

The Future of My Country lays in your hands

Across Roman Borders lies land full of barbarians. Thats what the Romans used to say..
In my new scenario "Across Roman Borders" there will be 2 teams.
3 Germanic Dutch Tribe players vs 3 Roman conquering legions, also players.

The scenario's location is The Netherlands, Northern Belgium, West-Germany (a few pieces of).
In this game all players will have to set up Diplomacy, conquer surrounding areas, defeat enemy tribes / become better than the other Roman legions.
It will be full with missions, the game will feel like a Total War Games: Multiplayer Campaign.
There will be historical happenings like German Riots, Franks and Saxon invasions trying to destroy the players villages. The Romans will have to defend the Rhine (Rijn/Rhein/Rhin/Rhenus) and the Meuse (Maas/Mosa/Mus) from German attacks. Also the Romans can make the german players as their Vazals and send ambassadors/messagers for example: Organize a Barbarian Cohort to fight for your legion. Like the legendary Batavian Cavalry Cohort. The Roman player will have to send a ambassador who will demand the Romans to train soldiers for them and send them to one of the Roman forts or send them in battle or convert the warriors to a Roman player. Also religion will have it's introduction. Romans can send taxadvisors to the Germans to pay tribute or feel punishment. And ofcourse ancient relics can be found.
Also events will occure:
-Riots vs Romans: peasants attacking Roman Forts or Trade routes.
-New Heroes as Roman Generals or Germanic Warriors will do their entrance.
-Historical Characters will join the game and start a war-campaign vs their enemies:
-Ceasar "Germanus", will do his introduction for one of the Romans and will convince the player to make war and capture settlements.
-Arminius, He will start a war-campaign vs the Romans (Battle of the Teutoburg Forest).
-Brinno and the Batavian Rebellion.
-Varus, his greatest enemy is Arminius.
-Drusus (III) Caesar
-Domitius Corbulo
-Olennius
and later maybe even more!

Screenshots

Roman Forts:
[JPEG, (299.95 KB)]

[JPEG, (323.79 KB)]

[JPEG, (314.29 KB)]

[JPEG, (355.85 KB)]

Dolmen:
[JPEG, (259.36 KB)]

[JPEG, (255.99 KB)]

[JPEG, (267.91 KB)]

Ingame Screenshots
[JPEG, (354.25 KB)]

[JPEG, (307.53 KB)]

[JPEG, (303.88 KB)]

[JPEG, (268.57 KB)]

I Hope You Enjoyed The Screenshots.

Before i came to this point of where i am now i had the Roman camps different.
I was adding a seventh playerspot as computer at player data and accidently i erased all romans by pressing Players amount 3. So i had to redo the Roman camps :/ Luckily for me the big red base http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq318/Nick_The_Hun/screen202.jpgStill had it's height

Triggers

Map

Missions
(Also including at Triggers)

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 07-20-2009 @ 03:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 24 March 2009 03:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
btw man. nice screen shots. ther good but i know u man. u could do better. try makeing the lightning a diff color like u did for ur screen shots for ur rpg. thos were really cool!
posted 24 March 2009 04:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
Easy Easy! I started this yesterday, so i'm just showing off what i got for now.
posted 24 March 2009 04:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
dude u must check ur posts more. i posed that like and hour ago!!!!!!! and btw what u got is not much. do better. XD jk. good job man. i like what u got. keep up the good work = )
posted 24 March 2009 04:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
i posed that like and hour ago!!!!!!!
Oh i'm not allowed to eat dinner and continue the scenario? Don't say such stupid things Sino..
posted 24 March 2009 05:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
thats not very stuiped. didnt know that u were eating dinner. XD but ive been board all day and pasteing stuff and u not respond to it for like 1 hour imbetween each1 . im just saying that u should check up on it more.
posted 24 March 2009 05:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
lol nick, Stone walls maybe?
Maybe less grass A ? =P

The freer I get, the higher I go
The higher I go, the more I see
The more I see, the less I know

-Ram Dass
posted 24 March 2009 05:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
People are not normally awake for 24 hours, they like sleep. Lol. He updates his threads regularly and he is a great designer(asskiss right there). Keep it up Nick.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 24 March 2009 05:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
yea i know ppl want to sleeep alot and eat. and do other stuff. but normaly when u go afk u whould log off of aomh and not let ppl think that ur still at ur pc

XD
o well. and what JD said. keep up the great work man.
posted 24 March 2009 05:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Damn im doing a big research on roman and german generals for the scenario, i'm reading like 8 articles on wikipedia, and some books to.. all at once Oo

A piece from an article about General Varus:
Cassius Dio once wrote about him: Varus came as a poor man in the richest provincae, and he left as a rich man in the poorest provincae. lol I'm happy they killed him at The Battle of Teutoburgerwald / Teutoburg Forest. jk

One thing really is poking me, the worst enemies for Rome mostly were raised by Rome's generals.. Which gives me the conclusion.. nah nvm lol.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 03-24-2009 @ 05:38 PM).]

posted 24 March 2009 05:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
wow man...... thats amazeing...................... i wish i could do that. XD u no u have another post arnt u ever going to check that1?
posted 24 March 2009 05:44 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
Thanks guys, i'm just reading with great interest here :P
Yea you're right Dimir xD I got plenty of stuff to do in the map. But i'm sure to finish it in 2 or 3 weeks

Hmm first in the movie Braveheart we see William Wallace getting mad because his woman got killed and he screws with the English and starts a war.
Now i read here Arminius had the same reason. His wife got kidnapped by her father, he asked Varus (his friend/mentor) to help him and arrest his father-in-law but the Romans didn't make any actions. Also his home village was pushed by the Romans, so he was in the perfect position to make his move

What to say about love eh? Another proof it's dangerous Oo

Inguiomerus.. (oncle of Arminius)
And i thought Yeebaagooon was hard :O

omg it's possible, it can be worst:
'Adgendestrius'
Ed Gen-dus-rips-my-tongue-off

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 03-24-2009 @ 05:59 PM).]

posted 24 March 2009 06:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
hey um..... hun. it wont let me online at all anymore on my pc. so im useing my dads to ask u a question. k. i just was editing a map and i went to adventerus map so i could find some things out and i acedently saved the game. and it had the anti editer thing on it. and well yea. it compleatly shut down my iternet. do u think it was because of the anti edit thing. or something else. and if u do know how to fix it. plz tell me. because my dad is a nerd and hes insain wit pcs.he desines and programs them and he cant even fix it = ( am really sad. PLZ HELP

VeX_Sino was here!
Curently working on - Castle's Under Seige.
posted 24 March 2009 06:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
hey um..... hun. it wont let me online at all anymore on my pc. so im useing my dads to ask u a question. k. i just was editing a map and i went to adventerus map so i could find some things out and i acedently saved the game. and it had the anti editer thing on it. and well yea. it compleatly shut down my iternet. do u think it was because of the anti edit thing. or something else. and if u do know how to fix it. plz tell me. because my dad is a nerd and hes insain wit pcs.he desines and programs them and he cant even fix it = ( am really sad. PLZ HELP
AOM maps can't do this.

You probably got a virus, unblocked ports, or you didn't pay the internet bills ;D

If there's no internet then how are you responding?
posted 24 March 2009 07:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
and btw it was viris from game.......
i fixed it.
it just sent a viris to my safe mode..... to shut internet conection down... it just puts a vieris imbetween ur internet connection and ur internet........ pritty simmple to fix if u can find in pc
posted 25 March 2009 02:54 AM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
looks like you have a bad anti-virus & internet security program.
posted 25 March 2009 06:42 AM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
I hate to say it but i don't seem to find this that interesting unfortunately. Doesn't look all too appealing, although i will most definitely remember it and test it in the future.
posted 25 March 2009 12:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
You don't have to confront me with the truth that i already know, i know i'm not good as Baske or Yeebaagooon, not even talking about The Vandhaal.
So please, keep your mind about what you're saying and keep those demotivating things at home k?

It's just that i don't have that much yet, i posted it because some friends told me they thought i was picking my nose..

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 03-25-2009 @ 12:09 PM).]

posted 25 March 2009 12:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
Some of my friends think im picking my nose.
Thats cause u are man...... XD

and nick. am mad at u......
you still havent left a comment on my post about my castles under seige map. XD plz do so. i want to know what u think. i have two screen shots on ther right now

link is

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,27553,0,10

VeX_Sino was here!
Curently working on - Castle's Under Seige.

[This message has been edited by VeX_Sino (edited 03-25-2009 @ 01:03 PM).]

posted 25 March 2009 04:15 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
i already told you,.. but if you're begging i'll do as you wish..

and i'm not picking out of my nose, i got harsh school to which is driving me insane! :/ damn college

ah well i'm happy as long as i try to do my best

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 03-25-2009 @ 04:17 PM).]

posted 25 March 2009 05:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Well no, i'm not as good as them either. I'm just saying in my opinion, that could be different for many others. If you work hard and increase a lot more eyecandy and give us some updates on how it looks (also, do some surprising things with the map) then i might reconsider my thoughts. I like how you're taking your time and doing your best with it, i have faith and i'm not demotivating you because i said I would remember this.

I like the whole idea of the multiplayer campaign-ish feel. It sounds like it'll be quite advanced if executed well.
posted 25 March 2009 06:09 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
OOO
OOO
OOO YOU SHOULD ~kills caps lock~ you should have a battle on the British island at the time the Romans where just pulling out of there, the roman left behind hired the Saxons, a war hungry barbaric tribe, to protect them from the constant attacks of the other barbaric tribes and then the Saxons demanded more money then land and eventually took over the island
you should be able to play as the Saxon king ( forgot name right now) twould be epick!

The freer I get, the higher I go
The higher I go, the more I see
The more I see, the less I know

-Ram Dass
posted 26 March 2009 01:40 AM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
Can't wait to get this.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 26 March 2009 05:10 AM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
PUT ASTERIX AND OBELIX IN LOL
posted 26 March 2009 12:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
PUT ASTERIX AND OBELIX IN LOL
sadly not, i would enjoy seeing that to :P
Can't wait to get this.
That's good ^.^
OOO
OOO
OOO YOU SHOULD ~kills caps lock~ you should have a battle on the British island at the time the Romans where just pulling out of there, the roman left behind hired the Saxons, a war hungry barbaric tribe, to protect them from the constant attacks of the other barbaric tribes and then the Saxons demanded more money then land and eventually took over the island
you should be able to play as the Saxon king ( forgot name right now) twould be epick!
twould be epick!
Indeed, good to remember for future scenario, Thanks Dimir.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 03-26-2009 @ 12:18 PM).]

posted 26 March 2009 01:10 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
hi
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Across Roman Borders
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames