Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Get a Job 2
posted 03 August 2009 03:01 PM EDT (US)   
Your first question answered-
No this is not an edit of the original sims creation map. it is an entirely new map with the same concept behind it.

and I use the 'get a job' title because it is the once best known by the online community

Details will be revealed as they unfold...
Replies:
posted 03 August 2009 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
I liked Get A Job.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 03 August 2009 03:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
I liked it, but it was very tedious. If you can make it less boring to play it could end up being very good.

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 03 August 2009 03:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
I remmber playing this game. It was sweet. If you do end up making it, add some new jobs and possibly make the map bigger.

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 03 August 2009 03:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Do something that will make waiting long hours to get money less painful.

Like 5 or 6 minigames such as a drawing contest.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 06 August 2009 05:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
05 August-

My last post was made on quite short notice- internet cafes can be quite annoying. I will first say that I have made quite a lot of progress already- Map design, Health triggers (wood and food)have been completed. Hotels and food stores too. I have now to start working on the Jobs- pleasing triggerwork but very prone to glitches.

Most of the concepts have been layed out so I should be good to go.
For those who haven't played Get a Job!/Sims Creation. Let me give you a synopsis-

Get a Job 2 is a sim game which is developed along the concept of the first game-

In depth character health system-
Food and wood represent Hunger and Energy, which decrease steadily. If your sim's needs are not tended to, you'll face nasty consequences!

Dynamic hotel system-
Use unique trigger system to check in to hotels to replenish your food and wood levels!

Employment- Seek work to gain money; Each job picked has it's own working hours, wages and minigame for making money and gaining promotions!

Cars, upgrades and more- Purchase all variety of things for your character, including cars, boats, houses, job upgrades and new clothes!

I suppose now is also a good time to start outlining all the individual features present at the moment-

Jobs
The 5 original favourites are still intact, note that jobs no longer require promotions from others. However, the jobs are fairly balanced so they give roughly the same income-

Builder- Concept by Forsythe_Racing

Build temples and houses for money and ranks- Simple
notes- This time round, buildings take form quicker than in the first one, but they give less gold per build.

Exterminator- Concept by Forsythe_Racing

Kill monsters to gain money and ranks

Bandit- Concept by Forsythe_Racing

Steal relics and return them to the bandit boss for money and ranks.
Notes: Changed the name to 'bandit' from robber- seemed more appropriate

Racer- Concept by Forsythe_Racing
Race through several points and do laps.

Demolisher- Concept by Forsythe_Racing
Destroy buildings for money and ranks.

The jobs below are my own concepts:

Miner
Find active seams of rock to mine from to earn money.

Farmer
Tend Crops with fertiliser and irrigation- yield is converted to gold at the end ofthe working hours

Surveyor
Get tasks to statues and list repairs

-Those conclude the currently available jobs.

Hotels currently implemented-

Grasslands inn- My personal favourite from the first game.
The Hilltop Hotel
The Cozy Cove Hotel
Hotel Posh

Current Permanent homes available-
Mansions- Forsythe_Racing Concept
Campervans- Elvarg_flame concept (note- the campervan is an upgrade to your car)
Houseboats- Elvarg_flame concept

And before I go any further, the most important addition to the game,
The Hospital!

That's right! Death is not the end anymore! When your player is injured in combat or suffers from wood or food deficiency, you will be suspended from gameplay for a short time and you will be revived-

That's all for now. I'll keep you updated as things come along
posted 06 August 2009 05:21 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
I wish people would stop calling it "Get A Job". It's an insult to ForsyTheRacing's hard work.

Anyway, good luck with this. This was one of my favourite multiplayer maps of all time.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 06 August 2009 07:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Sounds more like an edit than a sequel but good luck with it anyway i hope it turns out well.

Progress Bars
posted 07 August 2009 04:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
If this is an edit, you should stop making it.

MEPH

posted 09 August 2009 10:06 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
mephiles, did you read the top post at all?

It's not an edit, it's a new map being made from scratch with the same concept behind it- all accreditations to the original concept creators inclusive.

And I know the original map was called sims creation, but Get a Job is it's most well know title in the online community.

Also, as an update to production, I have all but finished triggermaking in getting/quitting jobs, entering/exiting worksites, and wages. As soon as I make the finishing touches, I will begin on bonus money and promotions, and hopefully onto permanant housing before my next post.
posted 09 August 2009 06:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
I remember trying to make my own, for some reason I couldn't finish it and I still have it there on stand by XD.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 10 August 2009 05:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
mephiles, did you read the top post at all?
Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't notice.

MEPH

posted 10 August 2009 05:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
what is Get a Job?
is it some sort like a scenario?

BARTHOLOMEUS
specialized mostly in RPGs since 2004 - his creations
Latest Project: Rise of The Ancient: The Cursed Lands
experience True RPG ever created on AOM - coming soon
"This is the Reason why you have to play AOM again." ~deadwalker
Submitted Files: Greece Main Menu AoM Chess Panos's Journey
posted 11 August 2009 06:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
what is Get a Job?
is it some sort like a scenario?
"Get a Job" is an unlawful edit of a scenario by a n00b. The original map was called "Forsythe_Racing's Sims Creation", which was a really fun map where players had to be the first person to have played all of the jobs to their top levels.

@bluebear5762
Make sure that this spiritual equal you're making takes up less time when sleeping. Because your game has more jobs, it needs to be more fast-paced.

MEPH

posted 11 August 2009 09:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
You need to make it more competitive, the original was fun, but honestly it was just a single playergame, cuz there was no multiplayer aspect at all other than their presence.
posted 11 August 2009 09:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
Make sure that this spiritual equal you're making takes up less time when sleeping.
I used to always sleep a bit during day and work during the night, it gave me a huge advantage over the other players and less time was wasted waiting.
You need to make it more competitive, the original was fun, but honestly it was just a single playergame, cuz there was no multiplayer aspect at all other than their presence.
A good point, perhaps a bonus for the first person to get to the top of a job?

And also i think the winning conditions should be changes so it's whoever finishes a certain amount of jobs first and not all jobs since the game never ends.

Progress Bars
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Get a Job 2
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames