Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: [Community] RPG ~ WORLD Adventures
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 06 January 2011 10:35 AM EDT (US)   
WAD Team Members :
  • Tasterix (Director)
  • BSU_DoLhades (Triggerer)
  • Kai Hirogashi (Eyecandyer & Triggerer)
  • Ranfeld (Triggerer)
  • Eurotool (Advisor)
  • Mr Pubby8 (Eycandyer)
  • scragins (Triggerer)
  • Myles_Kennedy (Eyecandyer)
  • P_J_B (Eyecandyer)
  • Lewonas (Advisor)
  • Necr0maNceR (Eyecandyer)
  • Anstar10 (Advisor & Eyecandyer)
  • SirThobus (Eyecandyer)
  • Majic_Dodo (Eyecandyer)
  • MasterBeef (Eyecandyer)
  • maxulino (Triggerer)

It is the turn of maxulino :
    To make special shop and/or main shop (mercenaries, upgrades, etc).

Progress :

Community needs you !
Welcome to the Age of Mythology RPG creation Thread, a project that will ask your intervention almost everytime we will need it, either by your edits on the map, or by your suggestions. Here, we create a RPG together based on a map. Eycandyer, triggerer, playtester, advisor, we need everyone, everyone of you, AoMH designer or simple member. The WAD Team (World Adventures) is opened at any time and you can join it simply by giving me your mail or contact me at tasterix@live.com.

The creation of this RPG will be simple but long. Official designers will be asked to edit the map and add the current instructions one by one while we keep inventing new stuffs. The map has been set up, we will work on 24 Heroes, 15 Worlds (maybe more ?) and many other optional triggers. All you have to do is follow the instructions or giving yours ! But one step at a time, first, let's have a check on what we need to do for now...

Instructions

• Recruiting
  • Working on Leveling System
  • Make the Eyecandies of the 15 worlds.

Detailed Informations :
Multiplayer Game (9 players max, to be honnest). The map will be divided into 15 worlds sized by 50x50 each. Host will play as a current hero but also as the Game Master and will decide almost everything that could happen during the story. He can do quests, make protounits spawn in the worlds and decide to where the story leads. It will be like an Option Story with more features. Every player will have his own character leveling system (that can roughly be compared to a Character Sheet) and 24 heroes will be able to pick.

Eyecandy Work :
While some people are working on the triggers, many of you would like to eyecandy the map. Making your own areas, your own cities, forest, swamps, hells... Sounds fun isn't it ? But due to the AoM map Editor system we must work on this one by one. This is why I got to make up a list of people that want to make the eyecandy of the map, from the first world to the 15th (and more if you want more places). People will have at least 1 week to work on the eycandy (the size of the thing to do 50x50 let you enough time to work on it during 4 hours, in a week, it's fine).

Eyecandy

- Grassland [World 1] : Tasterix DONE
    - City and shops [World 2] : BSU_DoLhades DONE (50%)
    - Tundra [World 3] : Ranfeld
    - Snow [World 4] : SirThobus (or someone else)
    - Dead Forest [World 5] : P_J_B
    - Forest [World 6] : SirThobus (or someone else)
    - Desert [World 7] : SirThobus (or someone else)
    - Desert Mix [World 8] : Kai Hirogashi
    - Snow Lake [World 9] : Majic_Dodo (or someone else)
    - River Rock [World 10] : Majic_Dodo (or someone else)
    - Swamp [World 11] : SirThobus (or someone else)
    - River Marsh [World 12] : Majic_Dodo (or someone else)
    - Mountain [World 13] : Anstar10
    - Hell Mix [World 14] : Necr0maNceR (or someone else)
    - Hell [World 15] : Necr0maNceR

Screens

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 02-15-2011 @ 09:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06 January 2011 11:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 128  
This sounds interesting, I would be interested in joining. Unfortunately, though I don't have much experience triggering multiplayer maps. Also could you clarify a bit more on what each person would be doing? Would we be adding quest and stuff at whim, or focusing each on a specific area or character.

EDIT: My email is reubenislord@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by Ranfeld (edited 01-06-2011 @ 11:12 AM).]

posted 06 January 2011 11:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 128  
lol

your trusty triggerererererer is here!

PS: You already have my MSN :P

EDIT: For those that don't realise what this will be like, play Children of Memories or look for information on the Mythic Studios map Project Alpha

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach

[This message has been edited by BSU_DoLhades (edited 01-06-2011 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 06 January 2011 01:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 128  
PS : The map has already been released.
Where?

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 06 January 2011 03:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 128  
@ Ranfeld : What each person would be doing ? Whatever he wants. For example if someone want to work on a specific heroe, he can asks me directly on msn (or sending email) and he is added to the list of people that have to edit the map. But this will be in the last part of the creation, because we need to do the basically triggers of the map first. Here is what we may work for the next fex days : settings, musics, objectives, game master menu triggers, heroes leveling system (based on unit killed cost value I think), heroes special character sheets, etc... If you're interested of one of these part let me know

@ Lewonas : Sorry, forget about it

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.
posted 06 January 2011 03:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 128  
I would like to take part in this project Tasterix. I have been inactive for a whiloe and i think this will get me designing again. I'm great in both triggers and eyecandy.

My email is: kai_is_dreaming@hotmail.com

|MEMORY|
posted 06 January 2011 04:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 128  
I am more of a triggers guy...my eyecandy is ok but nothing spectacular.
posted 06 January 2011 06:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 128  
Damn, it's online so I cannot do my Mythic Studios role of playtester !

So, could I be an advisor ? My e-mail is eurotool@hotmail.ca.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 06 January 2011 06:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 128  
I will personally ck-up design a section.
I add you to msn.
posted 06 January 2011 11:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 128  
add me triggerer

basebilbo@gmail.com
posted 07 January 2011 01:25 AM EDT (US)     10 / 128  
JDmino@gmail.com

Eyecandyrer.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 07 January 2011 01:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 128  
Thanks to everyone for joining the WAD Team I'm proud to see some of your people actually want to help the map growing. That makes me happy

After that we should work on the first establishment of the Leveling System.
- Infinite / Limited ?
- Per kill / per EXP ?
- Who can work on this (who has already made an involved leveling system) ?
- Suggestions about a new leveling system ?

Edit : Screenshots added showing what we can expect from this game

Edit n°2 : All my post with that table will be official posts of new instructions. Please may sure you read the entiere table to know on what we are working for now. Thank you.

Leveling System

- Infinite / Limited ?
    - Per kill / per EXP ?
    - Who can work on this (who has already made an involved leveling system) ?
    - Suggestions about a new leveling system ?

A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 01-09-2011 @ 12:19 PM).]

posted 07 January 2011 07:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 128  
I can give it a shot but infinite levelling systems aren't my speciality

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 07 January 2011 12:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 128  
I can make leveling system.
posted 07 January 2011 02:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 128  
Okay Mr Pubby8 I'll send you the map. This is what we should do for Leveling System. I think this can be made in less trigger than a limited leveling system for each heroes and allow us to work on heroes later.

The player kill some units:
  • He lose some food which is stamina (remember he dies slowly if he has 0 food)
  • He gains EXP from unit killed cost value.
  • Myles_Kennedy idea: He gets random reward, coins (gold), recovery potion (food), magic potion (wood), health potion (restoration), or maybe nothing !
Player levels up after several EXP:
  • 3 old men spawn in his character sheet.
  • It is now harder to reach next level (requires more EXP)

While, on his character sheet, they are 3 columns showing him his level, his total EXP, and the kills he made since the beginning.

This will need QV triggers I think. I hope it will be possible to do. Remember if you have an other suggestion, post it

Edit : Okay Mister Pubby8 is leaving (Gha !) we need someone else

A project by Tasterix.

[This message has been edited by Tasterix (edited 01-07-2011 @ 06:27 PM).]

posted 07 January 2011 05:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 128  
i may put forward my services in eyecandying if i have time.
exams are coming up, so perhaps after.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 07 January 2011 06:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 128  
Can I suggest that the reward for killing is more randomized? Instead of jut getting gold, give the player a chance to get food or an item.

posted 09 January 2011 12:45 PM EDT (US)     17 / 128  
Scragins will take part on the leveling system. I don't know how much time it will take but apparently the triggers will be copied to the main map. He's working on an other map right now, and we will let him alone under his Quest Var Values

Meanwhile... We will start, the next week, to work on the Eyecandy ! Woohooo ! ^^

But first we need to know who will do what ? This is why I need you to tell me on what you want to work, please take teh eyecandy where you are the best. I know everyone would like to design the city, I know... This is why we can discuss together and see who can really does this.

Please, members of WAD Team, members of AoMHeaven, members of Studios, select the eyecandy you want, and let's build up this RPG

Eyecandy

- Grassland [World 1] : Tasterix
    - City and shops [World 2] : ???
    - Tundra [World 3] : ???
    - Snow [World 4] : ???
    - Dead Forest [World 5] : ???
    - Forest [World 6] : ???
    - Desert [World 7] : ???
    - Desert Mix [World 8] : ???
    - Snow Lake [World 9] : ???
    - River Rock [World 10] : ???
    - Swamp [World 11] : ???
    - River Marsh [World 12] : ???
    - Mountain [World 13] : ???
    - Hell Mix [World 14] : ???
    - Hell [World 15] : ???

A project by Tasterix.
posted 09 January 2011 01:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 128  
my email is pjbtime@hotmail.com
ill eyecandy the dead forest for you if you like

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8

[This message has been edited by P_J_B (edited 01-09-2011 @ 01:37 PM).]

posted 09 January 2011 04:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 128  
I would like to eyecandy World 2 as I cannot eyecandy anything else!

posted 10 January 2011 02:34 AM EDT (US)     20 / 128  
kirkboden@live.com

I'll create the eyecandy for hell, and perhaps hell mix as well so it matches (I assume hell mix is connected to hell?).

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 10 January 2011 07:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 128  
The player kill some units:
  • He lose some food which is stamina (remember he dies slowly if he has 0 food)
  • He gains EXP from unit killed cost value.
  • Myles_Kennedy idea: He gets random reward, coins (gold), recovery potion (food), magic potion (wood), health potion (restoration), or maybe nothing !
Player levels up after several EXP:
  • 3 old men spawn in his character sheet.
  • It is now harder to reach next level (requires more EXP)

While, on his character sheet, they are 3 columns showing him his level, his total EXP, and the kills he made since the beginning.

This will need QV triggers I think. I hope it will be possible to do. Remember if you have an other suggestion, post it
This is all possible to make (it's like a basic leveling system). I can give you some ideas to make the leveling system a bit more... advanced:

Mobs

• You gain normal XP for killing regular trash mobs
  • You gain bonus XP for killing elite mobs
  • You gain another bonus XP for killing bosses
  • You can buy a limited amount of scrolls from a merchant which enables you to gain 100% more XP for killing mobs for a limited amount of time (about 4 minutes or less)
  • You gain normal XP when you are killing mobs solo
  • You gain less XP when you are killing mobs in a group (you are in a group when there are players within a radius of 15 near you). However, when you kill a mob when you are in a group, all of these players get XP for helping kill it (Let's say a mob gives 100 XP when you kill it solo. When you kill it with two people, you get 95 XP, three people 90 XP, etc. So: +1 player in the group means -5% XP for each mob you kill).

Quests

• Solo quests give normal XP
  • Group quests give bonus XP
  • Dungeon quests give another bonus XP
  • You could add class quests which reward new abilities

Exploring

• Reward the first player who discovers a certain waypoint with XP
  • Reward players with XP when they find a hidden cave / dungeon / artifact

Achievements

• Reward players with extra XP when they unlock an achievement. Examples:
  • Achievement 1: Reach level 5
  • Achievement 2: Find 3 hidden artifacts
  • Achievement 3: Kill a boss without killing his guards
  • Achievement 4: Kill every unit in a dungeon
  • Achievement 5: Get your unit's health below 5% health 5 times
  • Achievement 6: Resupply your food resource when you have 5 food or less
  • Etc.

This is all I can think of now. I hope you like the suggestions. You can recruit me if you need more ideas

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
    Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
    Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
  • posted 10 January 2011 07:25 AM EDT (US)     22 / 128  
    Hey tasterix i was wondering if i also need to do the limited system and the stamina system(degeneration part)?

Here is a list of what i think i need to do
    -unlimited xp leveling
    -unlimited kill count leveling
    -for 9 players

i can easily make it limited and stamina should be just like another leveling trigger.
    posted 10 January 2011 07:27 AM EDT (US)     23 / 128  
    I will do the city area.

posted 10 January 2011 07:49 AM EDT (US)     24 / 128  
    I can help but nothing online

~~~~~~ My Work | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Mods ~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Scenarios ~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Also my Website ~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~
    ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
    posted 10 January 2011 08:15 AM EDT (US)     25 / 128  
    @ P_J_B : Thank you, you are the first who will make a World after me. I will send you the map or you can get it here. Please don't start eyecandyfing before I give permission or some works would be deleted. You can see who's turn in the main Thread, at the right of the table.

@ Lewonas : Thanks for the advices, I'm adding you to the list just to known who can help or not. Though there are some things we can't do like giving scrolls that makes more EXP. Because this will need the using of God Power I'm guessing and only 4 god powers can be kept at once in Age of Myth. Unless we work on an other system with Inventory which will be too hard to make for this MORPG (9 Players remember, we need to keep it as simple as possible).

Plus, is there a way that you show us with screens or writing the triggers or giving links to a guideline how we can do this please ?

@ scragins : I don't think limited levels could be fine for this map because we need to separate skills for the heroes and levels. Remember we will work on the different heroes abilities later so we got to keep it infinite or you'll have to make limited level for every hero with their own abilities (24 heroes). For the stamina, it's just a lost of 1 Food every kill. If you feel able to do that, well... why not ?

If 2 people want to make the same area, especially the city (I knew everyone would want to take this part xD), maybe should we try to separate the World into different quarters. Using different personalities for the same spot could be cool in the way it makes it various and unique. It is all up to you, I let you decide what to do for the city.

A project by Tasterix.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » [Community] RPG ~ WORLD Adventures
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames