You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lost In Darkness
posted 23 September 2011 12:43 PM EDT (US)   

Lost In Darkness is a horror/puzzle based scenario that is currently under development by Black Ice Studios.

You play as a lowly villager trying to warn a town of impending doom. I'm not going to explain it any further here, but you can download the finished intro cinematic and see for yourself!

You can also watch this youtube video of it. The sound quality is kind of bad though. I recommend downloading the intro if you want to see the best quality version.

Eyecandy and triggering by me. Non-AoM music found by Somerandomdude. Story mostly by me, Thy, and Somerandomdude, with other members of Black Ice Studios contributing some here and there with ideas for the story and gameplay.

I had to rush BIG TIME to get the intro finished before Yeebaagooon leaves, so I was unable to enter this weeks csc or the Yeebaagooon screenshot competition. I wanted to enter both, but I think Yeebaagooon will like this more.

I know this thread is kind of bland right now, but I'll make it cool later. EDIT: There, now it is slightly more appealing. Still going to make it better though.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||

[This message has been edited by Necr0maNceR (edited 09-23-2011 @ 10:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 23 September 2011 12:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
amazing showcase thread dude! :P

nah, I saw it so I could accept it! It is a pretty nice cinematic!

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 23 September 2011 02:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
yeah, LOL (bsu...) told me he had his way with your file already, so even the first download is really a sloppy second.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 23 September 2011 03:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
BSU stop judging books by the color of their skin.
posted 23 September 2011 04:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Looking forward to the youtube rendition!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 23 September 2011 05:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
You should enter this in the competition!
posted 23 September 2011 10:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
I'd like to enter it in the competition, but It probably won't be finished in time. We shall see.

Anyways, youtube video added to the main post!

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 23 September 2011 11:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
Very Nice Trailer!
posted 24 September 2011 05:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
The trailer was very compelling; I have high expectations for this!

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • posted 24 September 2011 10:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
    As I already told you on BI necro, I really found it great. Very nice camera angles, great use of perspective, some great effects (The blood stains falling on the ground omg I loved, had't seen that before). It ressembles a lot more to a real movie scene by the camera angles and the way it's filmed than most other AoM cinematics I see.

Great work seriously, especially for a first(?) cinematic

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
    posted 24 September 2011 06:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
    Really good. Improved over the last version. Nice work.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 25 September 2011 02:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
    I love this!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 26 September 2011 09:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
    Very nicely shot with a nice title effect. I like to put the title after the video because I think it is more powerful to wow them first, then state what the name is.

It still had some crazy swinging camera tracks, but was mostly done like an actual film and the blood dripping on the ground really gave it a realistic feel (make more touches like this!). Our blue hero didn't say or think much and I'm not sure I'd believe that he would not even enter his home town on the word of some old guy, but this was only a small piece of the story.

I'd like to see more.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Lost In Darkness
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames