You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: godpower97's Puzzle, Fixed Force, and RPG competition thread!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
posted 29 August 2011 12:52 PM EDT (US)   
This is the official competition thread for my upcoming RPG tournament! People who have entered the competition will be shown here, and here only. People who have signed up to help with judging will also be shown here. The winners of the tournament will be shown here.

There are a few rules I ask everyone follows:

1: The piece of work you submit must be able to be played on the Titans. Pieces of work that can only be played on Vanilla will be disqualified.

2: The piece of work you submit cannot be a mod, a random map, or an AI file. It MUST be a scenario.

3: In the piece of work you submit, the player you play CANNOT control a town center at any point in the game. If the player is Egyptian, the same rule applies for docks. Exception: If you are using a town center/dock for hotkeys, that's fine. Just make sure they don't affect the rest of the map.

4: The piece of work you submit CANNOT be just a cinematic. There MUST be playbility!

5: I ask for my own sake that there is not an overuse of swearing in the work you submit. An overuse of swearing distracts me from the scenario, making it difficult to play and difficult to judge.

That's it for the rules! Keep in mind that I and my fellow judges will judging your piece of work on the quality of the eyecandy, the quality of your trigger work, and just how much fun we had while playing the scenario! Other factors may figure in as well, such as spelling/grammar, but we will mainly be judging you on these three factors.

All submissions for the competition MUST be in by December 1. Judging may start that day or the day after, but keep in mind that because of school, judging may take over a week.

If you wish to join the competition or help judge, email me at powerofgod.rueger0@gmail.com

EDIT: IMPORTANT!
Because it sounds like alot of people might not be able to put their entries in on time, I am pushing the date forward to December 14.
Judges, know that there is a high possibility of you doing a large amount of playtesting for the multiplayer scenarios because I have a bad ESO connection.

Contestants:
Glen654:
BSU_Dolhades: Werewolf Hunt
FAILeliminator:
Jelmer: The Twelve
Natural Green: Black Forest: The Return of Mido
perpetualnOOb:
Lewonas:
Scragins:Three Witches
Zenophobia:
Black Euroqueb:
Judges:
Guard of Olympus
Aom Expert
Marauder1221

[This message has been edited by godpower97 (edited 11-29-2011 @ 06:30 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 August 2011 03:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 213  
i'll enter, but it will be hard to finish in time haha

Proud Trigger Artist and Map Designer for
~Mythic Studios~
posted 29 August 2011 03:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 213  
I would like to submit a Multiplayer Escape I am currently working on (Which will be out at the end of the week). It is simply called "Farm Escape" and in light of the original escapes where you control temples and have to kill villagers, you actually control the running goats, pigs and cows, which makes it a hard 3 on 3 game, one mistake and the whole game can be lost for either side.

Players 1, 2 and 3 are the livestock, with superior LOS and speed, they are hard to track down, but it doesnt take much distance to catch them!

Players 4, 5 and 6 are the hunters, they control the slightly slower, lower LOS kataskopos and will gain random events and god powers such as Vision and speed boosts!

Although it is an unusual type of escape, the hunters have to resort to the use of tactics to capture the livestock!

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 29 August 2011 03:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 213  
Glen and Hades, you can e-mail your scenarios to me once they are finished. Or, if you decide to post them on in the downloades section before the tournament, i'll just download them. Hades, your escape sounds really cool and I'm looking forward to seeing it!

[This message has been edited by godpower97 (edited 08-29-2011 @ 03:31 PM).]

posted 29 August 2011 05:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 213  
Any vanilla map is automatically compatible with titans because it uses the proto for it.
posted 29 August 2011 07:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 213  
There is a group project I'm working on that would be great for this competition. I don't think it will be done in time, though. For now keep me off the list, and I'll tell you later if it will be done in time.

Also, what about sound/music files and custom textures meant to be included with the scenario? I myself would recommend that you allow custom music and sounds, since they are easy to download and don't interfere with gameplay. As far as custom textures go, I don't mean something that would be submitted by itself as an entry to the competition. You said that is not allowed for the competition, and rightfully so. I mean something meant to be used with an entry and included with the downloaded for it. Custom textures don't interfere with gameplay and are easy to install/uninstall, but they are mods that change the way things normally look. They don't really mess with anything and the scenario would work just the same without them, though. It's your call whether you allow them or not.

Guard of Olympus mentioned that you could talk to the mods about awarding a prize like a custom title to the winner of the competition. Custom titles are not given away easily. I'd suggest that if you want the prize to be a custom title that you don't just say "Hey, can you give a custom title to the winner of this competition?" but rather, you ask that if enough people submit entries to the competition, then can the prize be a custom title. We had an rpg competition not too long ago, and only like four people submitted entries, which isn't really custom title worthy. That competition did have a shorter time limit, though.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||

[This message has been edited by Necr0maNceR (edited 08-29-2011 @ 07:56 PM).]

posted 29 August 2011 08:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 213  
If I can't finish choose your mutation 3 in time, I'll just make a more polished version of labyrinth escape...

~Mythic Studios~
posted 29 August 2011 09:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 213  
Also, what about sound/music files and custom textures meant to be included with the scenario? I myself would recommend that you allow custom music and sounds, since they are easy to download and don't interfere with gameplay.

Necromancer, custom mods and sound/music files are fine with me, but could someone describe to me how to install a mod? I don't really know how...
posted 29 August 2011 11:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 213  
To install texture mods, you put them in the textures folder located at My Computer>Program Files>Microsoft Games>Age of Mythology>Textures. To install music and sound files, you put them in the sound folder located at My Computer>Program Files>Microsoft Games>Age of Mythology>Sound. As far as other mods go, there is a guide here.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 30 August 2011 09:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 213  
I think you shouldn't allow scenarios that have been started already. There should be new scenarios only written for this competition.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 30 August 2011 11:12 AM EDT (US)     10 / 213  
Depends if the projects is revealed or not.

I see no reason to forbid old started maps. Instead I would love to have a reason to bring back some old projects that otherwise would rotten.

The reason of this opinion is that nowadays we lack ambitious scenarios.

posted 30 August 2011 11:29 AM EDT (US)     11 / 213  
I'd enter but the scenario I'm working on will probably not be finished in time for December.

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
------------------------------------------
Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades
posted 30 August 2011 11:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 213  
I see no reason why not to allow scenarios that have been already started, and anyway, given BSU's entry, it's a bit to late for that anyway.

Lupus is right that we lack ambition to tackle big projects anymore, but part of the reason I'm hosting this tournament is so that more people start scen designing and maybe even gain the ambition for people to try and create something great.
posted 30 August 2011 12:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 213  
@Lupus not necessarily, there isnt as many designers as there used to be so I think we just lack numbers

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 30 August 2011 12:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 213  
That's a good point. There is no shortage of unfinished projects out there, I'm sure (I am guilty of this in a big way). It would be great to have an organized framework to push people across the edge and finish their projects.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 30 August 2011 12:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 213  
I'm in if I am allowed to enter a scenario which I have already been working on earlier.
posted 30 August 2011 03:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 213  
As I said before, scenarios that have been started previously are fine.
posted 30 August 2011 06:40 PM EDT (US)     17 / 213  
I have ambition
I'm working on a big project.
(All right, I'll let it slip, the scenario I'm working on is an RPG )

posted 30 August 2011 09:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 213  
Yeah, I'm pretty ambitious myself.

~Mythic Studios~
posted 30 August 2011 10:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 213  
I started a RPG about a week ago. It will be tough to make the November deadline but I'll try.

I would never announce something so early but hopefully this gives others motivation needed to start something or finish an older project

Black Forest: The Return of Mido
posted 31 August 2011 04:43 AM EDT (US)     20 / 213  
Any restrictions on the amp size? Or how long it takes to finish the sceanrio?
posted 31 August 2011 07:37 AM EDT (US)     21 / 213  
Are we allowed to work on a project in a group, I have an idea but I would like it if someone else could do eye candy on it?
posted 31 August 2011 08:24 AM EDT (US)     22 / 213  
@scragins
Ya I was wondering that too.
If the answer is no, then I wouldn't be able to compete even if I finished :O

Oh btw, if I don't end up finishing, then just remove me from the list when the time comes around...

posted 31 August 2011 10:20 AM EDT (US)     23 / 213  
@Jelmer my computer is pretty fast so whatever map size you want is fine
posted 31 August 2011 11:31 AM EDT (US)     24 / 213  
How will entries be perused that are too difficult? Will you simply stop where you can't come any further or ask the designer what to do?

posted 31 August 2011 11:43 AM EDT (US)     25 / 213  
Thats what difficulty levels are for.
I always use them, I mean, everyone pro or beginner has to able to at least play trough them for some time.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » godpower97's Puzzle, Fixed Force, and RPG competition thread!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames