Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~The Ultimate Clash of Designers [Scenario Competition]~
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
posted 18 August 2013 01:27 PM EDT (US)   
~The Ultimate Clash of Designers~

In times of great anarchy, overgrown by chasm, when mods activity becomes so... suffocating, I have decided to start the war... the war of scenarios!

We'll start off with what you like the most!

~Reward~

1.Experience
Take as much as you want XD

2.Keep the community alive
This is the most important thing, I'd say; long live AoMH!

3.Secret
The winner receives a ultra secret scenario of mine. You can playtest it, or you can just enjoy it, I don't ask for feedback There will be a second scen as well, awarded for participation!

~Rules~

1.Lore
The classic story : a princess is kidnapped by a dragon and imprisoned in a mighty castle. The knight must fight the beast and rescue the chick.

2.Characteristics
The scenario must contain all things mentioned up there. Again : princess, dragon, castle, knight. They can be anything you like, but they must exist. Also, the map must be over 200 kb to enter the competition.

3.Voting
After everyone brings up their map, the voting session will begin. One vote per person. Can't vote your own, course. You can vote even if you haven't submitted anything!

4.Fun
Mandatory!

~Purpose~

For those of us which truly own the scenario conveyor aspect, like me or Zeno, this would be just a refreshing break. For the others, like Lewie, shipwrecked in real life, this would be a helpful scenario making remembering. (at this point google translate is totally exhausted )

~Participate~

To join up, just post here, specifying a name and scenario status, both are optional.

Submit it to the downloads!

Like this...
Title: [TUCoD-2013]:Your scenario name

File Description / Author's Comments
Here you should add a link to this thread. You can as well say how proud are you to be in this competition, but that's optional. And the rest is up to you. Add screenshots or whatever you want.
Also tell me your email so that I can send you the participation prize.

~Entries~

Timebane : You can get kicked if you don't make progress

Danger ---- Author ---- Title ----- Status ---- Votes

Little -------- Zhaka Mu ------------ ??? ------------ 50% -------------- Locked

Zero ------ Zenophobia --------- The Mismatch ------- Done! -------- Locked

Zero ------ ORm0rni ---------- Get Her Back ---------- Done! --------- Locked

Zero ---- Kwene ----------- Queens Rpg v6.9 -------- 69% -------- Locked

Zero ------- Out Reach --------- Princess Susan ------- Done! --------- Locked

Zero ------- WinterGod ---------- Castle --------- Done! ---------- Locked

Imminent ------ silentsentry ---------- ??? --------- God Knows ---------- Locked

Imminent -- godpower97 -- Wasteland:SwordForHire -- God Knows -- Locked

Imminent ------ creeperfilms --------- ??? --------- God Knows ---------- Locked

Perilous ------ Hamon --------- In the Heart of Decay -------- 50% ------- Locked

Zero ------ TheBronyKing11 -------- DatPrincess --------- Done! ------- Locked

Zero ------ EpicWarrior202 -------- A Paladin's Tale -------- 20% ------- Locked

Zero ------ Anraheir -------- Hakon and Helga -------- God Knows ------- Locked

Zero ------ oxHaNxo ------- The Endless Dungeon --------- 66% ------- Locked

~Deadline~

== ??? ==

*wormhole activated*

The participation prize is out!

Submit your entry to receive the reward!

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...

[This message has been edited by Zhaka Mu (edited 09-26-2014 @ 12:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 18 August 2013 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 210  
lol I'll probably submit something, although that'll postpone TGC for a bit. In the past, these competitions haven't gone so well. We'll see how this turns out.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 19 August 2013 00:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 210  
Ha you would get sick if you'd know how many parallel aom projects I'm working on.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 19 August 2013 02:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 210  
ooh, I could so easily convert my current project into something like this.

Q: Time frame? Is there one?
posted 19 August 2013 03:36 AM EDT (US)     4 / 210  
You mean deadline? No, not really, but I'd like to start the voting session by the end of the month. Okay guys, you have just entered the competition. Good luck!

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...

[This message has been edited by Zhaka Mu (edited 08-19-2013 @ 03:49 AM).]

posted 19 August 2013 04:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 210  
Cheers

Project Name: Time

Progress:
55%.

[This message has been edited by Sikunt (edited 08-21-2013 @ 02:44 PM).]

posted 19 August 2013 06:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 210  
Voting by the end of the month? LOL I don't know about you, but it certainly takes me more than a week and a half to make a scenario. XD

posted 19 August 2013 06:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 210  
Yea im a bit worried I wont meet the deadline :/

But then again, this sorta puts me in overdrive, and speeds up progress. xD

I hope atleast 1 more joins o.o

If theres 3 of us, and we cant vote for our own, theres a decent chance of a 3-way tie (assuming mine is upto the standards of both of yours lmao..)

[This message has been edited by Sikunt (edited 08-19-2013 @ 09:22 PM).]

posted 20 August 2013 00:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 210  
Don't worry about the deadline. It's elastic. Elastic deadline. Eyecandying under stress doesn't end up well. And if no one else joins up, I'll think of giving the secret scen to both of you. I don't know. But the winner still owns the experience and the community thing.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 20 August 2013 02:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 210  
This guy really doesn't like me lol. Oh well, good luck everyone.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 20 August 2013 02:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 210  
I also want to join.
Scenario name - ???
Scenario status - Only begun.
posted 20 August 2013 11:12 AM EDT (US)     11 / 210  
@Lewonas : Don't be so delicate I was saying that you spend quite too much time on making a scen. lol.

@ORm0rni : Of course! Remember, originality usually beats triggers

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 20 August 2013 02:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 210  
I was talking about that "shipwrecked in real life"... oh well forget about it, I guess I brought this on myself when I made that post in that one thread.

Anyway, I have started working on something for this. Perhaps this is the lore/theme I have been waiting for (even though the theme is very cheesy lol). I don't want to sign up for this contest yet because, well, we all know by now how I and scenarios get along with each other... if you know what I mean. Let's just hope I can deliver this time.

edit: However, if you don't give a shit about this then go ahead and sign me up. My scenario name will be "A Tale Of Valor".

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 08-20-2013 @ 02:50 PM).]

posted 20 August 2013 06:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 210  
However, if you don't give a shit about this then go ahead and sign me up.
lmao yea ur signed up, all I did was ask a question and instantly found myself on the signed up list xD

But I was gonna join anyway.
The scenario must contain all things mentioned up there. Again : princess, dragon, castle, knight.
They can be anything you like, but they must exist.
So we dont need a dragon per sae, but something that represents a dragon (or the entire theme for that matter)?

For example, the dragon could be... Kemsyt? And the castle could be.. an island?

[This message has been edited by Sikunt (edited 08-21-2013 @ 07:40 AM).]

posted 22 August 2013 06:59 AM EDT (US)     14 / 210  
Yep. The dragon can be a seaweed and the castle a walking tree. If you have the brain to make a story with that
However, if you don't give a shit about this then go ahead and sign me up.
That's right, I don't give a shit. I give two shits! Consider yourself signed up.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...

[This message has been edited by Zhaka Mu (edited 08-22-2013 @ 06:59 AM).]

posted 22 August 2013 02:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 210  
Hey guys, I just want to say that the progress is going well, but slowly. It's going so well that I have decided to go all-in on this project which means that the scenario is going to be pretty big. This means that it's very likely that I won't be able to finish it in time (unless you want to be very lenient with the deadline).

I have to thank you Nickonhawk. It's been a very long while ago since I had so much fun with the editor.

Progress:

posted 22 August 2013 08:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 210  
lol does this mean that you're also updating your sig status, Lewonas?

specifically the percentage of games playing

posted 23 August 2013 03:26 AM EDT (US)     17 / 210  
I haven't updated that in quite a while. I don't even play TERA anymore.

posted 25 August 2013 06:15 AM EDT (US)     18 / 210  
Hows everyones progress goin? I've slowed down alot lol.. I seem to make a couple changes, add a short quest, then somehow end up playing random map games

Just the boring bits right now I guess, once I get back into the storyline the motivation should pick up again.
posted 25 August 2013 07:09 AM EDT (US)     19 / 210  
Yeah, lack of motivation is the downfall of most designers. That's probably why we showcase things before they're done: To get more motivated.

But since you asked, I'm doing fairly well. Just finished the intro cinematic and still have a long way to go. XD

posted 25 August 2013 07:49 AM EDT (US)     20 / 210  
I haven't had time to work on it this weekend. Though I have finished the intro cinematic like Zeno. I guess the both of us design scenarios in very similar ways.

Oh yes, I have also shamelessly stolen Zeno's projectile trick for my own evil plans.
(...) then somehow end up playing random map games
That's a good thing. You need some distraction from time to time. But you mustn't let it go out of hand.

posted 25 August 2013 08:30 AM EDT (US)     21 / 210  
I work in strange and mysterious ways. Finished the middle, started the end, but the intro has 0 triggers
posted 25 August 2013 08:49 AM EDT (US)     22 / 210  
Oh yes, I have also shamelessly stolen Zeno's projectile trick for my own evil plans.
hahaha you actually managed to pull those triggers out of that mess? Well then, I can't wait to see what kinds of bullet hell shooters you end up torturing us with. XD
Oh, and I demand teh credits for that. >=)
I work in strange and mysterious ways. Finished the middle, started the end, but the intro has 0 triggers
lol it's probably better that way, because then, each time you playtest, you don't have to sit through ~60 seconds worth of cinematics XD. I know when I was making Desert Brawl 2, I must've playtested it a thousand times, and I'm completely sick of that opening soundtrack. Now I never use it for any of my scenarios, even if it fits perfectly. XD

posted 25 August 2013 12:04 PM EDT (US)     23 / 210  
Whay don't you make it skipable? Bah, it takes less than two minutes and can save hours. On the other hand, if you accidentally skip it while the scen loads, you risk of facking your map. That happened with one of my biggest creations
Nevermind. I see things are going well around here. About the deadline, two weeks starting now it's the best I can think of. In emergency situations, I can throw it even further, but I don't want this to take forever.

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
posted 25 August 2013 01:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 210  
Yeah, I usually create an extra trigger to skip the intro cinematic and load everything that needs to be loaded (I have this bad habbit of including important effects inside the intro triggers, so I need to include them in this extra trigger as well).
About the deadline, two weeks starting now it's the best I can think of. In emergency situations, I can throw it even further, but I don't want this to take forever.
Well, then I can surely say that I can't finish the scenario before the deadline. I will definitely need a month, if not two months to finish the entire scenario. I don't want to rush it because that would hurt the scenario quality. But that's ok, I can just continue working on the scenario as my personal project. Perhaps I could submit a demo version of the map on the deadline date. We'll see.

posted 25 August 2013 02:32 PM EDT (US)     25 / 210  
same here. I can't finish in two weeks. I remember godpower's scenario design competition was announced around this same time of year, but the deadline was December, and even then, I couldn't finish my submission on time lol.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » ~The Ultimate Clash of Designers [Scenario Competition]~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: