Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Middle Earth Mod
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 25 October 2002 04:45 AM EDT (US)   

I am going to create a Middle Earth mod for AOM. I know it is a bit early to set up a mod before the game is even out but I might as well group together everyone who wants to join in and this may then be the first mod for AOM. I am thinking that there will be new civ's so you could play as the elves, hobbits (maybe), dwarfs, orcs etc. This will mean new buildings units everything.

This is now outdated please visit our forums http://www.arcanestudios.net/forums for a more updated list.

Job Places Are:

Programmers:
Requirements - must know XML, preferably Binary and Hex. C will help.
Job - you programme the actual modding of the game.

Modelers:
Requirements - must have decent modeling skill.
Job - you will model new units/buildings/etc.

Artists:
Requirements - must have decent artistic skill.
Job - you will draw art for new units/buildings/etc.

Artists 2D:
Requirements - must have decent skills with photoshop/paintshop/other paint program
Job - you will create interface graphics and website graphics

Sound Editors/Creators:
Requirements - must have decent sound edit/creating skill.
Job - you will make new unit sounds, etc. There are not many.

Scenario Designers:
NO MORE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT THE MOMENT.

Middle Earth Experts:
NO MORE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED.

Game Testers:
NO MORE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT THE MOMENT

The mod will be about the events that happened in middle earth, but will mostly feature the main battles although it may contain a LOTR scenario.

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 11-28-2002 @ 12:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 25 October 2002 05:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 170  
I KNEW that was going to come up sometime.

Put me in as both LOTR Expert and Game Tester... I like to test games and I am VERY knowledgeable in LOTR Mythology. I could perhaps give a hand in scenario designing from time to time.

For my work.. I COULD write LOTR essays if you want.

posted 25 October 2002 06:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 170  
Your in the team your knowledge in the LOTR world should come in very useful.
posted 25 October 2002 06:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 170  
Cool!

my email is mortal_progeny@hotmail.com. I am on MSN Messenger and AOMH most of the day, but I live in NZ so I might not see you much because of time difference...

posted 25 October 2002 06:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 170  
Thats ok, I will probably be setting up a site soon with our own forums so we will be able to post there.

We will probably need about 1 or 2 more experts for the mod so any one with a good knowledge of Middle Earth can join.

posted 25 October 2002 06:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 170  
@ Kallo Mahtar

I know nuts about modding, but I have read the Silmarilion and have some knowledge of LOTR mythology. If you need any low-graded assistance with ideas or general LOTR help, ring me up.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis sed domini tuo da gloriam!
"Not to us, Lord, not to us but to Thy name give the glory!"

Motto and battle cry of the Knights Templar

posted 25 October 2002 06:55 AM EDT (US)     6 / 170  
Ok the more Middle Earth experts the better so you can join as well.

New position opened web master. I am not that good at html, php etc. So any one who has a good knowledge of this and can set up a forum then join up now. If you wish to join please post a link to a website that you have made before so I can see a sample of your work

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 10-25-2002 @ 07:02 AM).]

posted 25 October 2002 03:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 170  
I can't make MOD packs but I'm a LOTR freak, I know everything about it (well not everything but almost everything) you can ask me anything (if my help is needed)
posted 25 October 2002 03:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 170  
LOTR freaks are what we love ur on the team.

We seem to be getting alot of LOTR experts which is not a bad thing...but without any Programmers, Modelers,Artists,
Scenario Designers then this mod is going nowhere

If any one reading this knows any one who can fill in these places then please contact them or tell me how I can contact them asking if they are interested.

Thanks

Head of Arcane Studios
Project Leader Of The Middle Earth Mod
(Legends Of Middle Earth)

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 10-25-2002 @ 03:54 PM).]

posted 25 October 2002 04:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 170  
Al right, you can count on me but is this about whole LOTR or only FOTR (i prefer the whole LOTR thing , cooler things like Treebeard and Shelob )
posted 25 October 2002 04:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 170  
I am planning this mod to contain all the events that we can make into campaigns/scenarios each civ elves, dwarfs etc will probably contain a campaign so their may be a Gimli the dwarf campaign and then there will be the main ones of things like LOTR (the 3 books). But it all depends on how many scenario designers we can get.

Head of Arcane Studios

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 10-25-2002 @ 04:38 PM).]

posted 25 October 2002 04:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 170  
And is it book or movie or a combination? Probably the movie will be better because the book as a lot of non-action pieces
posted 25 October 2002 04:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 170  

Quote:

this may then be the first mod for AOM.

Actually, there's already been a couple mods.

Here's one of them: Star Destroyer

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 25 October 2002 05:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 170  
This mod will probably come out quite a while after the release of AOM so itn will unlikely be the first mod.

@ Osiris the great this mod is not just based on LOTR it will be on all major events so the hobbit will be one. But for the LOTR part it will be based off the movie mostly as it would start to get very boring if it contained the whole book. But it also depends on how many new models we can make, if we only have one hobbit (Frodo) then the LOTR part would be based around the shire and they would probably never leave Bagend so nothing would happen and it would be very boring.

Head of Arcane Studios

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 10-25-2002 @ 05:09 PM).]

posted 25 October 2002 06:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 170  
Ykkrosh and I made many "mods" for GB AoM(damn you TVS...I think I "made" a mod for GB once).

And there is a dragon mod made by Izzy but imported in-game by me

[This message has been edited by Enrique Orduno (edited 10-25-2002 @ 06:37 PM).]

posted 25 October 2002 06:34 PM EDT (US)     15 / 170  

Quote:

Ykkrosh and I made many "mods" for GB.

Liar. You haven't even made one mod for SWGB.

*Corrects EO*

"Ykkrosh and I made many "mods" for AOM."

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 25 October 2002 08:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 170  
hobbits/dwarves could be made off the current "dwarf" the Norse have.. so it shouldn't be wayy too hard.

Also, perhaps the scnearios could cover the entire mythology? Perhaps a huge MU battle in the Destruction of Almaren... the War of the Jewels is probably the best setting for an AOM scenario, because you have the 1v1 duel with Morgoth, Beren/Luthien sneak mission, the hidden city of Gondolin, etc.

posted 25 October 2002 09:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 170  
I can do scenario design and I have many ideas. I think the three cultures should be the Orcs (a gathering of Orcs, Trolls, Uruk-Kai(sp?), wring-wraiths, and the men who fought with Sauruman and Suron). Units could be orcs, Uruk-Hai, air and ground Wring Wraiths, and Oliphaunts! The next culture would be the Elves. The last culture would be the men. I don't know where the dwarves fit into all this (I was thinking that the dwarves could be part of the human culture).

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
posted 26 October 2002 03:49 AM EDT (US)     18 / 170  
there should be:

Evil

elves and good men

independants

posted 26 October 2002 03:51 AM EDT (US)     19 / 170  
maybe tla could lend us some units. i'd like to be a game tester the moment that it is available.

do you think that we could mod god powers?

posted 26 October 2002 04:18 AM EDT (US)     20 / 170  
The best would be

Hobbits: just villagers and stuff, no soldiers

Elves: Archers lots of archers. Maybe Lothlorien archers, Rivendell archers and Mirkwood archers

Men: Rohan (horses with spears) , and Gondor (swords)

Dwarves: Moria ones (just axes)

Dark Legions: Saruman: Uruk-Hai and Dundlending or wild men (soldiers with primitive weapons or swords)
Sauron: Orcs, Trolls, ring-wraiths (black horses and stuff)
Haradrim: Soldiers and the famous Mumakil

But that's just for LOTR

posted 26 October 2002 05:30 AM EDT (US)     21 / 170  
@ Lief Ericson have you done any scenario design before? if you have can I see a pic of a sample of your work.

I was thinking that we could mod god powers to give cool effects in the game so for the LOTR scenario we could mod a god power to make it look like Saruman is bringing down the mountain.

Head of Arcane Studios
posted 26 October 2002 05:35 AM EDT (US)     22 / 170  
Yep that would be awesome too
posted 26 October 2002 06:47 AM EDT (US)     23 / 170  
Hehehehe.. good discussion.

I was thinking Elves, Dwarves, Men, Hobbits, Orcs.

-Hobbits: a civ for the computer, just to set the setting; model of hobbits running around.. hole houses... etc

-Orcs: orc (edit ulfsark a bit), troll (use current), uruk-hai (taller, stronger orcs), and maybe edit the egyptian elephant a bit to add oliphaunts. Ringwraiths can be edited from Jarls maybe.

-Elves: Elven Warrior, Elven Archer,.. that kinda stuff.

-Men: Go with most Greek units.

-Dwarves: Mostly norse, with shorter units. Remember, no female units. Dwarves had hardly any females.

I think we shouldn't go too specific to add civs like Dunlendings, because you really own't have too much variation. For scenarios could be hobbits/dunlendings/etc, but for playable civs orcs/elves/men would be the best, maybe dwarves as well.

Some god power ideas:

-One Ring, invisibility to a group of units in a set radius and a set number . 3rd age?

-Vilya,Narya,Nenya could represent 3 heal/defense GPs. 2-3rd age?

-Balrog: summon a balrog. 3rd age?

-Lidless Eye: sets enemy units' hp on half and frightens some into dying. 4th age.

Even if the GPs in AOM are used again they should be given new names, e.g. Nenya = restoration, Narya = healing stream, Stone of Erech = ancestors.

Kallo, email me or ask me here if you have ANY queries about the LOTR universe, I trust the other experts are skilled as well but I can guarantee I can answer 99% of your questions.

posted 26 October 2002 07:09 AM EDT (US)     24 / 170  
im slightly confussed.Is this going to be a mod wer some units are changed or a mod wer all units are changed.
Either way ur going to have ur workcut out for u.

NERO
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
- Bill Peterson, football coach

posted 26 October 2002 07:20 AM EDT (US)     25 / 170  
Yeah kallo, if you have questions mail me : dwerg_werper@hotmail.com

I not only have my own LOTR knowledge but I also has my LOTR freaked sister and father and a huge LOTR encyclopedia

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Middle Earth Mod
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames