You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Anyone want to learn how to create a blood? Here's how!
posted 12 November 2002 05:18 PM EDT (US)   
All you blood creators are prolly feeling down in the dumps right about now. There isn't a unit kill count condition in AoM, like there was in AoK. But alas, don't give up! I've figured out a system which you can use to create those fun little bloods.

It's simple really, and fairly obvious.

Now, in AoM each culture has differant ways of gathering favor yes? Eygptians use statues, Greek use Worship, and Norse use battleing.

In other words, replace kill counts with "favor earned" from Norse slaughter. Norse gain favor only when they are in battle. Thus, the person who is gathering the most favor is obviously winning the battle.

This is how it works. Create the basic triggers which are needed for the population control. Then place a conditions down that give the player and upgrade if they say...reach 50 favor.

When they reach 50 favor, use the effect "Grant Resources" and type "-50 favor". This will minus that many resources from their total.

If you have a favor requirement that is OVER 100, use this simpple way of overcoming that. Say, 150 favor.

Have a condition which has the player gather 100 favor, minuse it, activate another condition that has the player gather 50 more. Then activate the ugrading effect.

The system is really quite simple. Favor takes the plays of unit kills. Players won't be able to cheat, and in the end the player with the most favor trully is the best of the best. Thus, being a more accurate way to determine player skills in bloods.

I hope to see bloods spawn soon, and good luck to anyone who chooses to use this system!

Angel §hadow§HGAge of Mythology Heaven
SHADOWMIND
Episode One4.4Episode Three4.8Episode Four4.6
THE SWALLOWED REALM Chapter One4.6Chapter Two4.9Chapter Three4.6
¥Life Is Overrated¥
Replies:
posted 12 November 2002 05:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
Well done. Quite ingenious that

*blood makers cheer*

This signature is currently out of order.
posted 12 November 2002 06:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
Great idea =) ! And this will even save a lot of time doing triggers compared to the kills accumulated condition, which must be labeled for every single level of kills.

This is also good for RPG campaigns, too.

posted 12 November 2002 07:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
You should sticky this or add it to your FAQ.

This signature is currently out of order.
posted 12 November 2002 08:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
Once again, the great Shadow finds another witty way around an otherwise hopeless problem.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 13 November 2002 01:34 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
I'm workin on a blood but don't like ur idea... I am pretty bummed out that there isn't an accumulate attribute condition but I'm working on several ways to keep people fighting for upgrades instead of hiding within base. A greek and egyptian could hide in base and still gain favor... norse are obliged to have to come out and fight but the rest dont have to. Unless there is a way to mandate norse, your idea wouldn't work.

[This message has been edited by proq (edited 11-13-2002 @ 01:35 AM).]

posted 13 November 2002 12:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Were you not listening good sir? Players would ONLY use Norse.

Using other civs wouldn't do anything, as it is a blood. Not a regular RM. They do not have villagers or such and such.

You get it now?

[This message has been edited by Shadows (edited 11-13-2002 @ 12:52 PM).]

posted 13 November 2002 02:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
I never liked the "kill for upgrades" system. Almost every time, the first person to get ahead with kills usually ends up winning. Once someone gets ahead, they normally stay ahead. You can predict the outcome of the game from the beggining.

I think a much better system is the "own Monument for upgrades" system, which I used in my King of Turrets scenario in SWGB. Basically, the monument changes ownership to whoever has control over it, and they get the upgrades when they owned it for a certain amount of time. Since only one person would be getting upgrades at a time, it allows people to gang up on someone with the monument if they're getting too far ahead and then take control of the monument themselves.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 13 November 2002 03:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
This idea's good..and there could be many extra things that could be thought of..but no Hersir can be used at all in this kind of blood..because obviously, If i had a hersir, i wouldn't send him to the battle field..i'd keep him in my own area, hence getting more favor. But well..of course someone would suggest killing the hersir's after a particular amount of time..and there's many things that can be said for that.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 13 November 2002 05:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
Good idea but i have one thing to add.
Make sure that in the player properites the players are norse. I dont think it matters what units you use, as long as the computer thinks you are norse.
posted 13 November 2002 05:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
Well if any player does not choose Norse he'll be in for a surprise - no villagers, no way to gain favour .

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 13 November 2002 07:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  

Quote:

I never liked the "kill for upgrades" system. Almost every time, the first person to get ahead with kills usually ends up winning. Once someone gets ahead, they normally stay ahead. You can predict the outcome of the game from the beginning.

I feel almost the exact same way, but this problem becomes fixed when people make the bloods more complicated, for instance letting the player choose what your upgrades are, so that people can counter.. Etc, Etc..

posted 14 November 2002 06:01 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
good idea mojo... you just put an idea to my head about how to make my blood better
posted 14 November 2002 06:46 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
Shadows - I might be able to modify something so that other cultures gather favor in the same way the Norse do. I don't know though.

Talanos | AoM + AoE3H's former Unofficial Angel
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FPHMSNITtalon@transalt.com
posted 14 November 2002 07:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
If you figure out the actual numbers of how favor for norse is calculated you could prolly do it for egyptians and greeks too
posted 08 December 2002 11:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
Great job! However, I noticed one problem. Norse don't gain favor for their myth units doing damage, only for heroes and regular units. That makes it impossible to use some of the more interesting units. Also, although it's not really a problem, favor is granted simply by doing damage, and not by actually killing. Still, good work, and if anyone can come up with another workaround that allows Myth units to be used, please share your idea with us
posted 16 December 2002 12:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
Plenty vaults offer a lot of options in bloods.
You can use the number of the vaults a player controls, the time, the resources gathered etc...
posted 17 December 2002 06:31 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
What if you HATE playing Norse? This wouldn´t be a particurarly fun level then.

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctivenes to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile" / Borg Drone
posted 17 December 2002 01:36 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Stinkpup, the units for a blood are created automaticly. You can pick norse, but still get egypt or greek units. The point of a blood is not to build up an economy and start making units.
posted 18 December 2002 01:31 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Do you get to choose or are the new units random?

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctivenes to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile" / Borg Drone
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Anyone want to learn how to create a blood? Here's how!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames