Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: February 2009
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 28 February 2009 05:56 AM EDT (US)   
To be honest I can’t believe Reinfire Smooth has not been interviewed yet. He is both a great scenario designer and a great guy. Let’s find out more about him.

That is one epic pizza.

Reach: Hi Reinfire.

Smooth: Hi reach

reach: So why change your name to Smooth?

Smooth: I just felt it was time for a change after all these years. Smooth is my nickname from Guild Wars, which is the only game I play anymore (if I play at all). Since I retired from both AoM and AoE3 ages ago (of which Reinfire was my nickname), I see myself more as Smooth than Reinfire. The fact that I only dwell in community forums these days only adds to that.

If your going to play a MMO kids play Guild Wars!

reach: What have you been up to recently?

Smooth: In R/L I am doing an internship at the LUMC (Leiden University Medical Centre), where I am contributing to research which will hopefully someday make a vaccine possible for Malaria. Other than that I spend a lot of my free time with my student society, friends and housemates (as usual).

Smooth comes from amsterdam...

Reach: Let’s put the record straight. Doomlords 3 is your original sequel to the classic Doomlords?

Smooth: Doom Lords 3 eh? As far as I can remember I never got beyond part 2

Reach: Do you have any plans for future scenario design?

Smooth: Nope, I have lost my motivation and self-discipline to finish scenarios years ago. Now I have also lost the vast amount of free time it takes to build a proper scenario, so it is unlikely that you will ever see another scenario from me. I have considered the option of returning to scenario design multiple times, but I know myself too well to know that I won't finish any project I start.

Reach: Why after all this time do you still love to come to AoMH?

Smooth: I guess mainly because of nostalgia. As any proper self-esteemed old fart I take pleasure in remembering people and events which 90% of the current community does not. How many of you have known Soccy as AoMH seraph mmmm? Or scenario designers of ancient times like AoMPlayer000, pftq, Gaurdian and Auron? I bet less than half of you . But putting arrogance aside, AoMH still has the same warmth as four years ago, it is not as dull as smaller forums and it is not as impersonal and tightly moderated as larger forums. I think that AoMH is still one of the most active boards at HG even though the game is more than 6 years old, only proves that the community is awesome. I do admit I have periods at which I linger more and post less, but I am never far away

Reach: what is your average day like?

Smooth: On a week-day my alarm-clock goes at 7, after a quick shower and tosti I move to my internship-location, where I spend till 6pm pillaging the coffee-machine (and doing some research in between as well). I take a quick dinner and move back home, where I spend the remaining evening decreasing the pile of built-up chores, watching a movie, or go out drinking (Thursday!). On Friday night I usually have some sort of party or football-match (or both) and at Saturday I rest (I'm not Jewish though) but sometimes I have another party on Saturday night as well. At Sunday I work at the cinema as an operator to keep my wallet from drying up.

He thinks he is so cool with his beard...

Reach: anything else you want to say to the community?

Smooth: Stay of the drugs kids, and finish school.

Smooth informs me the above band is his favourite

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Replies:
posted 28 February 2009 06:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 39  
Nice, although a little short....

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
posted 28 February 2009 06:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 39  
the pcitures take up alot of the room, but it's still the same length as most of the others. If you want more go download doomlords 1+2 (links above) and play them.

Out Reach

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 02-28-2009 @ 06:05 AM).]

posted 28 February 2009 06:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 39  
Congrats Smooth, let me try and get you a title.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 28 February 2009 06:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 39  
Ik moet zeggen die pizza ziet er wel erg lekker uit :P

I must say that pizza looks delicious ^.^

congrats Smooth or shall i say Reinfire.
posted 28 February 2009 06:27 AM EDT (US)     5 / 39  
Yay, interesting read

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 28 February 2009 07:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 39  
Thanks guys
I must say that pizza looks delicious
After three-quarters it was not anymore

Ik was a funny story, me and a mate were backpacking through scandinavia and we went to eat at a pizza place in norway. Of course we didnt speak a word of Danish (Norway and Danmark gave virtually the same language) we could decipher that there were two sizes of pizza's, small/medium and big. Both being healthy Dutch eaters, we were used to order food allways "big" so we did here as well. Turned out that the "big" pizza was actually a pizza for two But we both decided not to leave before we both finished our pizza, it took over an hour

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer

[This message has been edited by Smooth (edited 02-28-2009 @ 07:39 AM).]

posted 28 February 2009 12:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 39  
Thats big.
posted 28 February 2009 12:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 39  
me and a mate were backpacking through scandinavia
Heheh cool! Good idea for a holiday
Of course we didnt speak a word of Danish (Norway and Danmark gave virtually the same language)
Didn't knew that, i always thought Norse is more close to the medieval norse language just like Iceland they still have the medieval viking accent & dialect.
we could decipher that there were two sizes of pizza's, small/medium and big.
Norse King Size lol
it took over an hour
Remembers me of an Italian restaurant i went to in Czech last week, they had huge pizza's to but the basement was very thin and light to eat so i was lucky but it still took me 40 min.
pftq, Gaurdian
I remember these 2 names, from a very long time ago.

I've seen scenario(s) from pftq in my early years at eso.
I don't really remember where i know the name Gaurdian from from aom..
He thinks he is so cool with his beard...
I'll post a new pic of me soon OutReach, i'm growing a goatee and sidewiskers or w/e you call them in english xD damn dictionary.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 02-28-2009 @ 12:38 PM).]

posted 28 February 2009 12:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 39  
It was bit short but was interesting enough. He's been here longer then most of us. Except of course for Reach and Fwiffo. Conradulations Smooth!

BTW, I haven't heard of any of those old AoMHers except for Auron. I've played some of his stuff and read his guides.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 28 February 2009 03:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 39  
holy crap........i want that pizza

posted 28 February 2009 04:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 39  
I know how you feel, Smooth. AoMH was great in the old days. I remember it well. Lol. How many times did AoMPlayer000 get banned?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 28 February 2009 04:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 39  
Only once, and that was self-requested

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 28 February 2009 04:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 39  
Reinfire is badass cause he plays Gee dub

posted 28 February 2009 05:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 39  
Smooth informs me the above band is his favourite
(h5)

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 28 February 2009 06:43 PM EDT (US)     15 / 39  
Congrats.
posted 28 February 2009 07:42 PM EDT (US)     16 / 39  
Did you finish that pizza or......

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
'-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
(__)
|¯|_|¯|_|¯|
posted 01 March 2009 03:13 AM EDT (US)     17 / 39  
Turned out that the "big" pizza was actually a pizza for two But we both decided not to leave before we both finished our pizza, it took over an hour
posted 01 March 2009 04:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 39  
How do these people not know PFTQ and Gaurdian. IT'S JUST WRONG.

Out Reach
posted 01 March 2009 10:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 39  
Does anyone else listen to Opeth here?
Because we need an Opeth/Metal discussion thread.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 01 March 2009 10:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 39  
Congo-Rats

A green great dragon.
posted 01 March 2009 10:29 PM EDT (US)     21 / 39  
Too bad Reinfire to Smooth was such a fail name change.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 02 March 2009 00:18 AM EDT (US)     22 / 39  
Congrats Smooth!

<3
posted 02 March 2009 04:49 AM EDT (US)     23 / 39  
The basis for this motm seems to be him making 2 maps that
were popular years ago because they were so simple and easy to play(like all/most highly played scenarios on eso).Meanwhile he clearly says he doesnt design anymore and only lingers around for nostalgia.

You have missed many very very talented designers that still design and thats a shame. I remember when motm first came out it used to be an honor to get picked.

I am really suprised that you did not include his appearance in hessus christmas chaos.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 02 March 2009 04:50 AM EDT (US)     24 / 39  
Still wanting to get MoTM by the looks of it SoV ?

<3
posted 02 March 2009 04:52 AM EDT (US)     25 / 39  
Indeed.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: February 2009
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames