Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dragonball Z Mafia II; Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 07 November 2009 02:23 AM EDT (US)   
Numbah Two!

All actions to be sent to weeglasgee@live.co.uk

Rules

• Please don't edit your posts, double post instead.
  • Keep game discussion in this thread, unless your role states otherwise.
  • Never quote the moderator, doing so will result in a modkill.
  • Do not quote your role email, paraphrase it instead.
  • No talking during the night.
  • Do not reveal any information after your death.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • If you have any issues, email me about it.
  • Have fun! Remember, it's just a game.
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Player
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote before your new vote.

Alive Players

6. Guard Of Olympus (Bulma; Three-Shot Inventor Unknown Survivor)

Dead Players

1. Blatant7 (Android 18; Mafia(1) Hitman)
    2. A Banned User (Krillin; Roleblocker Fake Vigilante)
    3. Briguy (Imperfect Cell Semi-Perfect Cell Perfect Cell; Informed Serial Investigator Informed Serial Killer Informed Serial Killer Kamikaze One-Shot Lich)
    4. Ashrzr (Teen Gohan; Stone Townie Uninformed Phylactery)
    5. Beelzebub (Android 19; Mafia(2) Masochist)
    7. Cheesewiz (Yamcha; Masonic Thief)
    8. Rotaretilbo (Dr. Gero; Mafia(2) Corrupt Politician)
    9. Droideka_11 (Piccolo w/Kami; Tracker Vigilante)
    10. Heir Of Elessar (Android 17; Mafia(1) Roleblocker Masochist)
    11. WRP_Beater (Chi-Chi; Uninformed Jailer)
    12. Guard Of Osiris (Tienshinhan; Masonic Bodyguard)

Endgame: Survivor wins.

[This message has been edited by NomadicNoodle (edited 02-04-2010 @ 01:58 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07 November 2009 02:23 AM EDT (US)     1 / 358  
    The sun descended over planet Earth, causing the City below to be smothered in shadows. Eventually, darkness was victorious and the nearby buildings shone only in the moonlight.

But outside this tranquil scene, some were using the darkness and shadows to their advantage...

As the moon began its ascent higher into the sky, those who had motives began to make their move.

It is now Night 0. Send all actions to weeglasgee@live.co.uk
    Day will begin in 48 hours.

[This message has been edited by NomadicNoodle (edited 11-07-2009 @ 07:33 AM).]

posted 08 November 2009 03:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 358  
    As the darkness continued to engulf the Earth, many figures were seen moving around. The shadows were great allies to them, masking their identities - nothing more than faceless silhouettes.

Rotaretilbo was one of these figures, flying towards his target with steely resolve. He descended, but as soon as his feet touched the ground, he was hit in the back by a blast of energy. Enraged, he spun round, but was hit from behind again.

"Two of them?!" he muttered.

Before he could make sense of the situation, he was obliterated by a wave of energy, leaving nothing behind.

Dr. Gero (Rotaretilbo), a Mafia(2) Corrupt Politician, has been killed.

The assailants grinned, turning to leave. However, they weren't the only ones stalking out their prey. From the shadows, it uncoiled it's tail and pounced.

Before he even knew what was happening, Blatant had been engulfed by the monster's tail, slowly being absorbed into the being's body. Her partner tried valiantly to aid, releasing barrages of punches and kicks, but they were ineffective.

Realising the futility of the situation, her partner fled, leaving the monster to evolve into a greater form...

Android 18 (Blatant7), a Mafia(1) Hitman, has been absorbed.

It is now Day 1. With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch.

[This message has been edited by NomadicNoodle (edited 11-13-2009 @ 10:00 PM).]

posted 08 November 2009 03:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 358  
    *gets up*
    *Yawwn...*
    *goes to the town square*
    *votes to linch*
    Vote:Ashrzr
    *once {Playername(X)} has been linched, goes back home*

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 08 November 2009 03:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 358  
    Bah.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 08 November 2009 05:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 358  
    So, clearly whenever Cell hits a player that he 'absorbs' in the game, he's going to get stronger. So, right now we need to focus on getting him. Fortunately, two anti-town players were eliminated last night.

That's great. I also request doc protection unless a doc KNOWS of a great target, a Goku, for instance, that is a better target. I at least have a useful ability, and I'll go ahead and claim it.

I am Yamcha, and I have a mason in the game who plays Tien. We should probably claim outright, because that way our investigators can focus on other targets. Claiming as a mason does not weaken the mason group, it only eliminates two players as possible scum, and once they are confirmed by one another, is a confirmation (or a scum suicide if they lie yet still link themselves together).

Anyway, yeah, I'm Yamcha. I am a thief, and I can search one person per night to investigate them. At this stage, we need to do as many investigations as quickly as possible as we can. Last night I investigated Blatant and stole a strand of blond hair. I actually thought this would mean I had found a super saiyan, but Android 18 makes sense too.

So, I request doc protection until a better candidate for it has been confirmed.

This game is very supportive of open claiming, since Dragonball Z in this era has a limited number of characters. We know there is an Android 17, and there could be Android 16 (possibly protown).

That means we should expect:

Vegeta
    Goku
    Krillin
    Tien (known)
    Cell
    Android 17
    Android 18 (dead)
    Dr. Gero (dead)
    Gohan
    Piccolo
    Yamcha (me)
    Android 16 (maybe)

In fact, I'd say that is definitely the list. It accounts for all 12 players.

The 1st mafia will have Cell and the now dead Dr. Gero.

The 2nd mafia will have Android 18 and Android 17 and MAYBE Android 16. 16 is hard to place.

I'm betting that the Cell mafia is able to grow in strength as it gets rid of the other mafia, while the other mafia probably either has more members or more abilities from the start. Right now, they've both been nearly crippled. We can finish this fight pretty quickly if we coordinate.

So, I support a mass claim. Roles that are immune for a night kill can claim first, or anyone with a less important role. Tien and Krillin, for example. We will mass claim, then pick apart anyone that gets counter claimed, and lynch anyone who's claim seems unlikely. This will be quite easy.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
    World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
    posted 08 November 2009 05:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 358  
    This might be considered the less-fun OD playstyle, but it will work and we will fun without much difficulty.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
    World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
    posted 08 November 2009 06:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 358  
    Noodle replace me into this game just so I can slap Cheese.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 08 November 2009 06:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 358  
    I can tell this is going to turn into the Jesus Christ mafia.
    posted 08 November 2009 06:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 358  
    How so?
    posted 08 November 2009 07:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 358  
    Well the first night 2 mafia die, and there's a super powerful role.. well 2 I THINK. But that's just me.
    posted 08 November 2009 07:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 358  
    Based on the theme alone it wouldn't really be like Jesus Christ Mafia.

I'd think Cell is a SK, trying to reach perfection by absorbing everyone. Seeing as he was made up of all the fighters that ever were on earth.. I'm sure your thieving abilities would be useless against him Cheezewiz. Though, with two mafia down we have a large amount of lee-way, going on the offensive isn't a bad idea. But Cell is the main problem.

We have to be very cautious with a mass claim. If we go ahead with it, we should have unanimous support of it. Otherwise big roles will lie (Cell is still around). If we catch a townie in a lie, it won't go over well. I'm okay for a mass claim, just when Cell is quite obviously going to need to absorb stronger players first to survive - it's not so great.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 08 November 2009 09:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 358  
    True, cell could be an SK. But then we are missing a 3rd kill for the night. We had two kills, one from Cell and one from a mafia group. However, we also know that there are two separate mafia groups, as denoted by the day post. So, I think Cell is just another mafia member. Besides, who else could make up a 3rd scum group in this part of the series, especially seeing as they are allied with Gero.

posted 08 November 2009 10:05 PM EDT (US)     13 / 358  
    I don't know. Dr. Myuu could be his partner.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 09 November 2009 02:32 AM EDT (US)     14 / 358  
    I am Tien, a mason, but with a more useless ability. I can choose to protect a person at night, and if there is a kill attempt on that person, I get killed instead.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 09 November 2009 02:45 AM EDT (US)     15 / 358  
    Oh for **** sakes

Did I say something about ****ing unanimous support? Yeah I ****ing think so.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 09 November 2009 03:06 AM EDT (US)     16 / 358  
    Oh for **** sakes

Did I say something about ****ing unanimous support? Yeah I ****ing think so.
    So, I support a mass claim. Roles that are immune for a night kill can claim first, or anyone with a less important role. Tien and Krillin, for example. We will mass claim, then pick apart anyone that gets counter claimed, and lynch anyone who's claim seems unlikely. This will be quite easy.
    My role apparently isn't very important, so why shouldn't I claim?

Also, who says I'm enforcing a mass claim? I just claimed since my masonic partner apparently wanted me to. He's the only person I have proof that he is town in this game, so what's telling me you aren't scum? Also, I fail to see the need for that attitude. Just because I'm a n00b doesn't mean you should come out cursing at me just because I didn't do as you said.

Vote: Xzyiothe

For totally freaking out when I roleclaim. I'm 100% sure that that roleclaim won't decide the outcome of the game, but your attitude there tells me that I just messed up the whole game with a simple roleclaim.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 09 November 2009 03:15 AM EDT (US)     17 / 358  
    My role apparently isn't very important, so why shouldn't I claim?
    That's not how the game works
    Also, who says I'm enforcing a mass claim?

Me, because there's no other reason to claim.
    I just claimed since my masonic partner apparently wanted me to. He's the only person I have proof that he is town in this game
    That's not a reason. Masons can talk during the day. Why didn't you talk with him in private first?

I don't care if Cheesewiz is a mason. Infact, I don't know why he even mentioned that in a first place. All it does it make him more of a target than a flavor cop already is. We don't need people to claim left and right - that's a damn mass claim. You should've talked with him in private when I shot down the mass claim suggestion.
    Also, I fail to see the need for that attitude. Just because I'm a n00b doesn't mean you should come out cursing at me just because I didn't do as you said.
    Did I say **** you? No, I didn't. I dropped the f-bomb three (four now) times. It was either that, or I was going to ask to be replaced.
    For totally freaking out when I roleclaim. I'm 100% sure that that roleclaim won't decide the outcome of the game, but your attitude there tells me that I just messed up the whole game with a simple roleclaim.
    Because mafia totally don't use masons as a way to gain credibility and confirmed status? I have every damn right to be pissed. If you're legit you just outed yourself as a bodyguard, although a weak one it is crucial to the game. Otherwise you'd just be a VT. Protective roles just don't claim on the fly.

You bet your ass I'm going to get pissed if you play like a n00b and hide behind that fact. I expect newbies to rationalize the situation and try to learn from it.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 09 November 2009 03:35 AM EDT (US)     18 / 358  
    From my experience, and that's a pretty damn extensive experience mind you, masons should always claim as soon as possible. The reason is simple. The mafia already knows that I am against them. They already know that GoO is against them. However, the town has no clue. And in fact, by Osiris confirming me, and me confirming him, that's 20% of the town instantly cleared. If we were lying we would be counter claimed, and if we were lying, we'd be a pretty terrible mafia team. The scum gain no information from this, and we are no better or worse a target than we were with a regular role claim. In fact, it makes me less of a target since I am not a high-powered role like Goku or Vegeta or Gohan.

There are now only 8 possible players for 2-3 possible scum roles.

I came out as a thief simply to give myself some credibility later, and since I needed to expose the mason group.

If there is another investigator who gained any definitive information, they should come forward. Information is always a positive for the town. Always. Hence why I support a mass claim. There are many games where this doesn't work. Those games have a huge cast of possible characters, or are vanilla games. But in themed games with a limited number of possible characters involved, mass claims will work nearly 100% of the time.

Now that that discussion is finished, let's see where we stand.

I'll Vote: Survivor Fo, just because I think he'd be fun to pressure.

If anyone else agrees with me on the claiming idea, chime in. I would prefer if the mass claim were done after we've had more posts in the thread. We'd hate to have a ton of inactives. That would make it pretty useless.

posted 09 November 2009 03:40 AM EDT (US)     19 / 358  
    Because mafia totally don't use masons as a way to gain credibility and confirmed status? I have every damn right to be pissed. If you're legit you just outed yourself as a bodyguard, although a weak one it is crucial to the game. Otherwise you'd just be a VT. Protective roles just don't claim on the fly.
    My bodyguard ability is very useless, since I can only grant protection for one night, since I'd be killed. I still have an easily-confirmed role, so if you have any doubt, why not investigate? And if you think it's so good, why not make the doc protect me?
    You bet your ass I'm going to get pissed if you play like a n00b and hide behind that fact. I expect newbies to rationalize the situation and try to learn from it.
    OK, I've been reading through every active mafia at the forums I visit. I find it a very interesting game, but you don't become good at it unless you play it. Since I wanted to become good, I signed up for this mafia. Now, do you really expect me to have as good skills as you or the other experienced mafia players? You have played in 100+ mafias, this is my first. Also, about the attitude, all I can say is that in a few years, mafia will be dead at these forums. Why? Because when n00bs like me sign up for mafias, the experienced people, like you, clearly don't want them there. In a few years, most players that are really good right now will probably have left the forums, and no new people will have come thanks to the attitude of the experienced ones. Like you.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 09 November 2009 04:22 AM EDT (US)     20 / 358  
    From my experience, and that's a pretty damn extensive experience mind you, masons should always claim as soon as possible.
    Because outing an even bigger power role after that will do just fine when it comes to a doctor protecting you, right?
    If we were lying we would be counter claimed, and if we were lying, we'd be a pretty terrible mafia team.
    Granted. But mainly I'm just outraged he claimed so foolishly. I could possibly chalk it up to inexperience. But there's nothing to lose if I jab at it and see if there's an ulterior motive.
    I came out as a thief simply to give myself some credibility later, and since I needed to expose the mason group.
    .. What? You lost me.
    If there is another investigator who gained any definitive information, they should come forward. Information is always a positive for the town. Always. Hence why I support a mass claim. There are many games where this doesn't work. Those games have a huge cast of possible characters, or are vanilla games. But in themed games with a limited number of possible characters involved, mass claims will work nearly 100% of the time.
    This would be one of these games. It's strongly hinted Cell is absorbing players. It's strongly implied he's seeking perfection. If we basically hand him over a super saiyan, things won't go good for us. I don't mind being largely pro-information here when there's 2 mafia down. But I have to draw the line. A mass claim is dangerous.
    just because I think he'd be fun to pressure.
    Like a repeat of Vanilla or Zelda? WRP_Beater would probably be a better choice for his incredibly stupid post.
    My bodyguard ability is very useless, since I can only grant protection for one night, since I'd be killed. I still have an easily-confirmed role, so if you have any doubt, why not investigate? And if you think it's so good, why not make the doc protect me?
    Do you think doctors always protect their target? If you were to protect Cheese each night - and one night you were killed instead. The mafia could believe there's a busdriver. If they hinted a busdriver (redirector, etc) was involved, Cheese could come in and explain that he was your mason. Though, possibly unlikely, that's just one situation.
    Also, about the attitude, all I can say is that in a few years, mafia will be dead at these forums. Why? Because when n00bs like me sign up for mafias, the experienced people, like you, clearly don't want them there. In a few years, most players that are really good right now will probably have left the forums, and no new people will have come thanks to the attitude of the experienced ones. Like you.
    Spare me the drama. Mafia isn't going to die out at Heavengames just because I point out you're playing incorrectly.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 09 November 2009 04:29 AM EDT (US)     21 / 358  
    Granted. But mainly I'm just outraged he claimed so foolishly. I could possibly chalk it up to inexperience. But there's nothing to lose if I jab at it and see if there's an ulterior motive.
    That could be a good idea if you're doubting me.
    WRP_Beater would probably be a better choice for his incredibly stupid post.
    Spot on.

Unvote: Xzy
    Vote: WRP_Beater

I have seen random votes before, but that was just... random. I don't find any purpose of that post, it seemed to me like he was just saying something like "I'm playing with you lol"

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 09 November 2009 04:34 AM EDT (US)     22 / 358  
    *gets up*
    *Yawwn...*
    *goes to the town square*
    *votes to linch*
    Vote:Ashrzr
    *once {Playername(X)} has been linched, goes back home*
    I don't mind random votes, even though they usually get nowhere. If there is a meaning to this, which I doubt, then WRP_Beater is stating that he is being inactive until someone gets lynched.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 09 November 2009 04:38 AM EDT (US)     23 / 358  
    Seemed like a bad joke. But really I don't care. He shouldn't of said it. Maybe this way he'll learn.

Ashrzr is away till the 13th as stated in this thread.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 09 November 2009 05:14 AM EDT (US)     24 / 358  
    Vote Count:

Ashrzr: 1 (WRP_Beater)
    Survivor Fo: 1 (Cheesewiz)
    WRP_Beater: 1 (Guard Of Osiris)

10 alive, 6 to lynch.
    posted 09 November 2009 06:02 AM EDT (US)     25 / 358  
    I personally don't see anything wrong whatsoever with Cheese claiming like he did. It makes sense to have the masons out early, and scum would be stupid to tie themselves together, especially this early in the game. Also, scum would be doing us a favor by killing one of the mason partners early, since that basically confirms the remaining townie.

Also, Cell has to be the SK because 3 mafias in a 12 player games would be insane.

And, WRP Beater does look like a good place to start.

Vote: WRP Beater

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Dragonball Z Mafia II; Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames