Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Mythology: The Natives
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01 August 2013 03:05 PM EDT (US)   

Age of Mythology: Deities of Creation
Fan Made Expansion Pack for AoMTT!
Created by: Celestial Path Studios
Total Progress -

(Quickly made a new one because the old one was meh)

Contents: Not ordered but they will bring you where you want to go :P
  • Expansion Features
  • Current Team
  • Culture Progress
  • South American Natives
  • Usefull Stuff and Findings

• Alpha Version

• Expansion Features
    1. New Culture!
    2. New Campaign*
    3. New Editor features
    4. Improved graphics
    5. Gameplay changes
    6. Few new cheats if possible?!

1. New Cultures will consist of:

a.)15+ Units
    b.)1 Titan (Look at the splash)
    c.)New natives only buidlings.
    d.)3 Major Gods and 12+ Minor Gods
    e.)Atleast 12 new godpowers

2. A minimum 10 scenario campaign for that culture.(last priority atm)

a.)With great cinematics and great amount of possibilities
    b.)Completely unique thing... no copy paste and repetitive scenarios
    c.)New Campaign Heroes! Most of them will be playable in normal games but won't be as strong.

3. New Editor features

a.)Special units for the editor
    b.)Special God powers for the editor
    c.)New triggers

4. Improved Graphics
    a.)Almost all new units and buildings models will have a higher detail! (low detailed models will be included for the people with wooden pc's)
    b.)Atleast all new units will start to bleed when they fall below X% of their hitpoints and some units will even have different animations!
    c.)New particle effects!

5. Gameplay Changes
    a.)The Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Babylonian(not started on this one), Roman(stopped working on this one to complete the Native first), Native (South American Natives) are selectable as Cultures at the Major god selection!
    b.)Every culture starts with researching one of the 3 Major gods! For example: The Greek culture are able to research Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. Except for the Atlanteans because it seems impossible to merge them into one (and noone loves them :P).
    c.)And Of course, the new cultures will add some new gameplay! Me and Ramasaki are working on finding multiple ways to add new stuff! Read further to find out what we've added so far!

6. New cheats
    a.)Not sure but we might be able to add some new cheats

*Not sure how we're going to do this

South American Natives

The Cultures civilizations will be based on the Incas Mayas and the Aztecs.
    Their ways of doing stuff
    -They will generate favor through fighting/killing humansoldiers, human sacrifices, animal sacrifice and from trees.
    -They natives won't have iron upgrades but have an extra damage upgrade instead.

Their gods will be: Note that the art of the gods are borrowed for now and will be replaced eventually.

Civilization
    Incas
    Mayas
    Aztecs
    MayorGod
    Wiracocha
    Itzamná
    Huitzilopochtli
    Civ Icon (All portraits are borrowed for now)
    MinorGods Archaic AgeQuilla,MamacochaIx-Chel,Ah PuchChalchiuhtlicue,Xipe Totec
    MinorGods Heroic AgeIllapa,ApuChak,Vacub CaquixTezcatlipoca,Tlaloc
    MinorGods Mythic Age Pachamama,IntiEk Chuah,ZipacnaQuetzalcoatl,Tonatiuh

As you can see every major god will have 6 unique minor gods instead of sharing 12! But because of balancing issues they will have overlapping gods so, see it as 12 gods for now.
    Civilizations
    Incas

Archaic Age
    -Quilla: Goddess of the moon
    -Mamacocha: Goddess of the sea
    Heroic Age
    -Illapa: God of the weather
    -Apu: God of the Mountains
    Mythic Age
    -Pachamama: Goddes of the earth
    -Inti: God of the Sun

So far the incas have a unique passive:
    Their buildings boost allied units in area.
    Mayas

Archaic Age
    -Ix-Chel: God of the Moon
    -Ah Puch: God of death
    Heroic Age
    -Chak: God of rain and harvest
    -Vacub Caquix: God of the sun
    Mythic Age
    -Ek Chuah: God of mercants and war
    -Zipacna: Vacub Caquix Demon son

Not sure about the Mayas. They might have a king that will respawn like a pharaoh. Unlike the pharaohs it will give a 10% discount on construction, training or researching but will not be able to empower buildings and it might be able to cast abilities.
    Aztecs

Archaic Age
    -Chalchiuhtlicue: God of water
    -Xipe Totec: God of agriculture and gold.
    Heroic Age
    -Tezcatlipoca: God of the night
    -Tlaloc: God of rainfall
    Mythic Age
    -Quetzalcoatl: God of Knowledge
    -Tonatiuh: God of the Sun

The aztecs can perform human sacrifice to gain favor instantly. Their houses will generate food and warriors return from the death as birds and they will need to fly back to an owned settlement to refund a part of their cost, they can be killed in the progress.

New mechanics and ideas
    New mechanics:
    -Aztec Passive: Human sacrifice, this will generate favor and return a bit of the unit's cost.
    -Another Aztec Passive: Their human units will work similar to the hades shade passive. Every 5 deaths a humming bird will be spawned that needs to return to the settlement to return the cost of a unit.
    -Inca Passive: Certain buildings will boost allied units around them.
    -Mayan Passive: Relics are 33% more effective, might not seem as a new mechanic but really this was quite hard to implement because the engine does not have something like AoE2 had.
    -Another Mayan Passive: The mayan king, something like the pharaoh, what it will do I don't know but it might be able to cast godpowers, weak ones though!
    -New special attacks, things like shapeshifting and ranged knockups.
    Note that these mechanics are not final and that this is just the tip of the iceberg of what we can achieve It has to be balanceable though.

Ideas:
    -Shamans, priest like units for the natives, have a special attack that allows them to sacrifice enemy units.
    -The Natives civs get a unique heroic unit.
    Incas will get the kamayuk (or camayuk), a longranged melee unit
    Mayas will get the hornet thrower, a unit that throws hives at enemies dealing either area damage or area damage overtime
    Aztecs will get the shorn ones, a fast unit that has a quick special attack that knockbacks a unit.
    -The extra armory upgrade could be 15% extra damage but it could also grant normal units a poison attack.
    Now there is more but I've to post this thread soon.
    -The natives can imitate other cultures siege units after they have gathered X amount of destroyed siege units. The imitated siege units will be weaker than the original of course. We could do a similar thing with other units and then place a statue at the town center showing what the natives have imitated.

Aplha Version
    Download the GR Alpha version here!(Updated to patch 1.06!)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo1n5a5g7rfa9ni/Unofficial Expansion Alpha.rar?raw=1
    Download the Voobly version here!(requires voobly)
    http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/136/Unofficial-Expansion-Alpha

Some credits to:
    Yeebaagooon for his Progress Bars and his guide to showcasing
    L33tSkillz for sharing his knowledge
    Magnum Pi for sharing his knowledge too

Searching for people that want to help!

Here's what we'll need - But honestly any help is appreciated.

AI Scripters:
    People that code the AI, atm this might not be that important but eventually it will be.

RM Scripters:
    People that code the random map scripts, not that important neither atm.

Data Editors:
    At the moment everyone in the team can do this so if you want to help us with this expect to learn a lot first before you get the challenging tasks

Texture artists:
    If we can find some people for this it would be awesome since I can create textures but it takes a long time to get something decent.

3D designers:
    Do you think you can do it better than me? And do you want to do it better than me? Then join the team and show your skills. Nah, if you want to help and you know how to model then feel free to join :P

Animators:
    Now this is a pain for me to do but it might be just me that wants things to be too perfect and then fails to make it perfect haha.
    If you like to help me with this then again join the team!

Trigger experts:
    Triggers are things that allow us to create new mechanics, the problem is that my knowledge about triggers is limited... So if there is someone that knows a lot about triggers and is willing to help us come and join!

And last but not least:
    Playtesters and Balancers
    For now Playtesters are important as we will be testing out a lot of new mechanics. But knowing something about balancing would be helpful.

If you want to join then email me at WarriorMario@live.nl
    send me a message on reddit or post something in the thread on AoMH!

I hope we all can contribute and make an unofficial expansion for AoM and hopefully an official expansion eventually!

Current Team
    1. WarriorMario :: All-round Modder
    2. Ramasaki :: All-round Data editor
    3. The Elva_Rokk :: Almost All-round Modder
    4. Fen :: Balancer and Playtester

Images

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.

[This message has been edited by WarriorMario (edited 10-06-2014 @ 05:33 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 25 May 2014 11:16 AM EDT (US)     26 / 45  
    Waiting for AoM:EE Mod manager improvements so it actually works with AoM:EE. Might take a while though

posted 25 May 2014 12:45 PM EDT (US)     27 / 45  
    That is ok. I was expecting something worse...not being on the works anymore.
    This extra wait time will be good to concentrate on the history of the single player campaings and how the cinematics will work.

[This message has been edited by marcelomoura10 (edited 05-25-2014 @ 12:46 PM).]

posted 04 June 2014 07:42 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45  
    Hi all

i would like to say, this is awesome... you should check out my post on general probably the wrong place to put it but check it out guys, i was literally just thinking this mod :P

thanks

Light!
    posted 22 June 2014 09:54 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45  
    No matter what CIV is introduced, as long as its balanced with the rest of them. I'm happy.
    posted 08 September 2014 01:07 AM EDT (US)     30 / 45  
    Unarchived on request.

posted 05 October 2014 09:21 AM EDT (US)     31 / 45  
    New version is available on voobly:Here

[This message has been edited by WarriorMario (edited 10-06-2014 @ 04:44 AM).]

posted 05 October 2014 09:15 PM EDT (US)     32 / 45  
    Is it possible you could put a download link somewhere other than voobly?

I just don't like the premise of using it.

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
    posted 06 October 2014 05:31 AM EDT (US)     33 / 45  
    Uploaded it to dropbox, you should be able to download it by clicking this link. Btw I would recommend you to make a backup of your game as uninstalling this is a pain.
    Download it
    Here

[This message has been edited by WarriorMario (edited 10-06-2014 @ 05:31 AM).]

posted 14 October 2014 05:34 PM EDT (US)     34 / 45  
    This looks cool!
    posted 20 November 2014 02:04 PM EDT (US)     35 / 45  
    Progress halted for a while because of other projects such as reverse engineering the .grn format (http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10886) might start working on it again in a few weeks.

posted 21 November 2014 10:42 AM EDT (US)     36 / 45  
    keep it up
    posted 03 December 2014 02:47 AM EDT (US)     37 / 45  
    Nice work guys, can't wait to try the completed edition.
    posted 15 December 2014 01:44 PM EDT (US)     38 / 45  
    That's awesome, please keep up your work !
    AOM needs more content !

Just a little question, can I use any of them in my scenarios ? *.*
    posted 20 December 2014 08:58 PM EDT (US)     39 / 45  
    posted 20 December 2014 10:53 PM EDT (US)     40 / 45  
    I've thought about using that but its too limited and annoying to update while voobly has its own mod system and won't be able to load with the new .exe . I might use it when this expansion is near conpletion.

posted 08 January 2015 09:10 PM EDT (US)     41 / 45  
    I had to register for this. I love this mod, so wanted to give some tips on it, so you may have it easier (or harder) to make it.
    First of all: Make the units somehow historically correct. Must add I'm mexican and know a few things about both Mayan and Aztec culture, not much about Inca though.
    To make the new cultures balanced, they should have some similarities to the egiptian and norse, both of them, in terms of basic heroes and some special units and god powers, such as the Pharaoh and son of Osiris.

I'll start with some Mayan data:
    The mayan "governor" was called Halach Uuinic, they had no real government as they were just united tribes, provinces.
    All of the tribe chiefs, called Batab or Bataboob reported to the Halach Uuinic.
    The Nacom were military chiefs, was the supreme commander when there was war, all Batab commanded their troops and reported to the Nacom, as if he was a general and somehow Batab/Bataboob were captains.
    The Ahuacán (Serpent Lord) was the supreme priest. Was in charge of education, calendars, and many other interesing things.
    The Ahkincob was the common mayan priest.

Aztecs:
    They never used any kind of metal for weapons or armor, they used obsidian weapons. That could be a passive tech for aztecs, bonus to hack damage from "Obsidian Weapons"
    Aztecs had no sense of nationality, never had an organized army and lived in a similar way to spartans, all of them were militia/warriors and had their own rites.
    You probably know about the fierce Jaguar and Eagle warriors, as they are mentioned in AOE2:TC, both of them could be used as special fortress units. Jaguar and eagle warriors were known and feared for their fierce attacks and their speed.
    The Huey Tlatoani or just Tlatoani (translated as speaker, maybe dictator) was the Emperor, supreme lord of everything, could be used as a Pharaoh for aztecs.
    Tlacaelel (personal name) was a nobleman, brother of Moctezuma, Chimalpopoca (lord of Tenochtitlan) and Nezahualcoyotl, all names of aztec nobility, Huey Tlatoanis. Before he was killed, he was the supreme priest. I'll just write about him for his usefulness as a tech, he said the sacrifices had to be voluntary, and when someone died his vital energy went to the moon, BUT if the sacrifice had too much energy, it would feed the sun, thus making it bigger, he thought that would benefit life. This could be used in the aztec civ as a tech to increase generated favor from sacrifices by a good percentage, at mythic or heroic age.
    The Aztec priests were called Teopixque (god's guards) and were entirely covered in a black paint called Ulli (might be a good name for a tech to improve aztec shamans/priests, such as those used for egiptian priests), they used black and white cotton clothes and had long hair, usually under the waist.
    Another tech, they had roads to travel between cities and runners, who were used as messengers and ran really fast (could be used as explorers), that's why even at the center of the empire, away from sea, the Huey Tlatoani could eat fresh fish.
    A god power to turn the Huey Tlatoani, which should have random names just like the egiptian pharaoh, into a special unit, just like the Son of Osiris, could be appropriate.

As I lack information about Incas, and in order to make it more balanced and varied, I'll suggest you take names from any Inca "heroes", such as those who founded the Inca empire (Pachacútec, his brother Cápac Yupanqui, Túpac Yupanqui, for example) and generate them as random names for heroes for Incas, heroes created as Norse Hersires in town centers and barracks.
    Incas Considered their emperor, The Sapa Inca or Apu (divinity), the Son of the sun. They did employ metal in armor, weapons and shields, they had a superior understanding of metals than both Mayans and Aztecs ever did in the past.
    For anything, Wikipedia has more information about weapons, armor and warfare than I do. All I know is they fought in a similar formation to the Greek Phalanx, that made them superior in fighting.

Hope this information proves useful somehow in creating balanced and accurate units. Sorry for any error in my orthography and grammar, as I wrote before, I'm Mexican and my mother language is Spanish. Thanks beforehand for this incredible mod.

[This message has been edited by Saluster (edited 01-08-2015 @ 09:47 PM).]

posted 15 January 2015 03:55 AM EDT (US)     42 / 45  
    Any chance to contact these guys to get some of their models?
    posted 19 January 2015 03:30 AM EDT (US)     43 / 45  
    Hey Warrior if you want some ideas for the Roman Civilisation take a page out of the book from this guy.

http://tapejara.deviantart.com/gallery/52250724/Age-of-Mythology-The-Roman-Legion

Also Units could be based on some of the units from Master_Foozle's SPQR Mod

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
    posted 26 July 2015 11:29 AM EDT (US)     44 / 45  
    Unarchived

posted 02 August 2015 08:45 AM EDT (US)     45 / 45  
    I asked myself, is this mod is finished ? Or will it be ?
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Age of Mythology: The Natives
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: