Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Calling Albaron, PawelS, Rheno and Dafyth for FFL 3.0
posted 11-09-08 01:43 PM EDT (US)   
Please give your final choice of wizard as well as your email address and I'll set up the game.

Again, if it's acceptable I would like to be the Shadowgod. I'm thinking PawelS for the humans and Dafyth for the dwarves which leaves the halflings and elves for Rheno and Albaron.

This seems like it would be a good group.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
Replies:
posted 11-09-08 01:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
Thanks for your effort to set up the game, the group looks good indeed!

My email address should be known to you (and is in my profile).

Albaron plays as Halflings in some other games, so maybe it will be better if he gets the Elves this time...

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 11-09-08 03:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Yes, I would have voted for the elves too, because of that reason. So thanks PawelS.

My email: albaron dot aow at googlemail dot com

I'm looking forward to this game.
posted 11-09-08 04:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I have no problems with halflings. They seem the easiest to play so I am up for that Thx for setting it all up

email is in my profile

[This message has been edited by Rheno (edited 11-09-2008 @ 04:42 PM).]

posted 11-09-08 04:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
By the way. it is important that everybody reads this. Since I am fairly new to this game I never played this map before. Am I right that we are suppose to all work together?!

******************** !!! RULES, READ ALL !!! *******************
In order to fully enjoy the map and play it like I ‘balanced’, or meant it, use these rules (some are already preset):

- Enable Allied victory (not preset).
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Play with surrender OFF (this to get your heroes more developed and give the ShadowGod something to do as well..). Couldn't preset in the editor so don't forget to enable the option when setting up the game!
- IMPORTANT!! -> NO TRADING of SPELLS!! Mana and Gold etc, are allowed, but please agree to NOT trade spells with the AI, fellow players or whatever. This can make the alliance too strong (since multiple spheres are now active) and it also limits the ‘abuse’ of multiple Holy woods.
You may enchant your allies with YOUR unit spells, for example, but not trade that Stone Skin to everybody! Again, trading gold and mana is ok!
- The ShadowGod may use all he can think of to get his demons out sooner but must agree to NOT use the disband-animate Hero spell trick!
- No use of buildable teleporters! (preset).
- Because of the city limits and this being a large map that takes time before confrontations, the option to build outposts is disabled (rebuilding is possible, of course)
- Make sure ALL playes are aware of these rules before starting.
******************** !!! NEW RULES, READ ALL !!! ********************

Like stated above, the map is designed as a Co-op map. This means you can play with four friends (to be) against the Shadowgod! Working and coordinating attacks together is crucial for survival and give the ShadowGod a challenge. On your own or against the others, would make it very hard to defeat the shadowGod (if not impossible)!
Most fun would be to let a reliable human player play the ShadowGod (doesn't have to be a very good player, perhaps those with the roleplaying skills..).
posted 11-09-08 04:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Yes, it's a co-op map, four players should cooperate against the Shadowgod (and Dalviana).

The rules that you posted haven't changed since the previous version.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 11-09-08 07:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Ok. I'll set it up with Dafyth as the dwarves.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 11-10-08 09:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
This looks good. I've been playing around with the 3.0 version and it looks like a lot of fun.

My address is dwcarless at yahoo dot com.

Former PBEM singles champion.
posted 11-10-08 01:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
OK, game set up, I played my turn and sent it out to Albaron for his first play.

New log started...
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,3877,0,60

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Calling Albaron, PawelS, Rheno and Dafyth for FFL 3.0
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames