You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Herbststurm (JamesEde, Naeco, Morgul)
posted 07-30-13 08:40 AM EDT (US)   
Hi guys,

Took a look at Herbststurm and though its a bit big, with reliable players and only three human wizards we should have a good chance at finishing it.

One issue I see with the map is that all the towns seem to have the same name. I am willing to invest a bit of time and give them different names if noone minds. I can see it getting very confusing, especially if we develop big empires.

If we play this map I would like to take Darkelves, my favourite race.

I propose standard rules, and no spell trading or item teleportation.
Replies:
posted 07-30-13 10:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21  
Hi James!
great! I hope Naeco doesn´t object to this map (I know he likes it but he has already some games running with it - one with me
Since he´s playing the orcs there and I´m doing the Frostlings I would propose to switch and he takes Frostlings and I take Orcs but I´m fine with both.

I do also agree to your renaming proposal as indeed the similar town-names suck and make problems ingame when starting to send messages.
thanks for this.

last but not least - which version are you setting up? the one from the download´s section? probably....
I´m asking because we´re currently playing an old version but I´d like to use the new one obviously.

thanks!

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
posted 08-01-13 04:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21  
Hoy folks,

At the very first versions I always had this "town name prob" which is annoying, I do agree.

You might have noticed that there is an updated version of "Herbststurm" (it is named "final22"). All towns are having names there. A lot of other changes as well, so I'd say this newest version is the nicest one. Maybe you wanna test..

Have fun!

With regards,
-Nephrati
posted 08-01-13 08:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21  
Downloaded new version. This will save a lot of time. Just need confirmation from Naeco and I'll set up the game.
posted 08-01-13 10:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21  
great

posted 08-04-13 02:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21  
With The Groll out of the picture for an undetermined amount of time, I could deal with another game. James, guys, let me know if you wish to start a second game - although not on Herbststurm, I'd prefer.
posted 08-05-13 10:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 21  
I´m also fine with another map but minimum medium please

posted 08-06-13 08:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 21  
After speaking with Naeco by email, he'd be fine with Herbststurm if he takes darkelves. I'm fine with either frosties or orcs.

Or...

Another option would be to find a good 4 player map and bring Albsinscott in. If so, I'd suggest a medium size 4 player map with no AI wizards. Something like Anarchy and Treachery (though not A&T as I've played it too much now) where the action starts quick and the game focuses on strategies and alliances between the players. I really like games like that, not the least because they actually end in under a year and there's a good chance of starting and finishing with the same players.
posted 08-06-13 09:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 21  
Or both

no honestly I´m fine with either or.
But since I do also prefer coop games vs. against-AI-maps (although Herbststurm is a brilliant version of the latter) I´d prefer also the 4-player game with this constellation.
map-proposals?: hmm...
I´d like to play sth I haven´t been playing so far but don´t know what that could be
Or at least sth what I haven´t played that often... I´m free for suggestions. Prison break? I didn´t extremely like that map but it was ok. I´m not that familiar with M-maps...

OK. Searching the download´s section with my personal preferences (M, 4 players, PBEM) surprisingly leaves only 5 maps (Prison Break among them)

One of those is called "Brothers and Sisters" and it doesn´t sound too bad although the mentioned "customized Wizard special advantages" seem to be not too overly tested and thus might not be perfectly balanced but I personally would give a damn about that and give it a try? What do you guys think?

posted 08-06-13 01:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21  
Prison Break, Brothers and Sisters, Fjordland, just a few suggestions - played only the first, and not to the end of it.
posted 08-07-13 02:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21  
Hi again everyone,

We'll have to see if we can get Naeco to comment on this or look for another player.

Prison Break would be fun, since I'm a hero (and a king) on it, but it always looked really detailed to me which usually equals long game.

Brothers and Sisters on the other hand looks small even for my standards. I also don't want a map with only one race. I like variety.

I was able to find 19 maps on medium 4 player search, including Lost-Shipwrecked by Rheno, a map I started but never finished in pbem. Centraleon, an updated map from TWT is also a possibility. Again, played it a while ago but didn't get too far.

James.
posted 08-07-13 08:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21  
Hi,
I wasn't able to be on the web to post except emailing.
I'm fine with any options as long as I'm not playing the same race on the same map at the same time.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 08-08-13 10:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 21  
lost shipwrecked rings a bell in my ear but I haven´t played it so far. would be fine for me.

posted 08-09-13 01:42 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21  
How about we do Lost then?

Four races are:

Darkelves
Orcs
Archons
Elves

I'd like darkelves again, if noone minds, as they're one of my favourite races.

James.
posted 08-10-13 01:19 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21  
I´m fine with any.

posted 08-10-13 08:31 AM EDT (US)     15 / 21  
Lost is ok. I would pass the Elves, as that was my race in the 2 games I played over the map; any other race would be fine.
posted 08-11-13 10:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21  
Will it be FFA or 2vs2?

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 08-11-13 11:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21  
FFA is my preference. Any race preference Naeco or Morgul?

While we're at it, I propose standard house rules with no spell trading or teleportation towers or abuse of saints, whatever that constitutes.
posted 08-12-13 02:40 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21  
I have no race preferences or any other preferences. Just want to play

posted 08-12-13 12:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21  
as I said, no preference so let´s get the damn thing started now - with my vacation in front of me (one week to go )
(but I´ll most likely take my netbook with me anyhow so we won´t lose the momentum before we ever gained it )

posted 08-12-13 01:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21  
Ok, I will set up tonight and send it out.
posted 08-13-13 00:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21  
Set up, played, sent on to Morgul and new thread created here:

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,4411,,60

See you there.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Herbststurm (JamesEde, Naeco, Morgul)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames