AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Map/campaign playtesting/reviewing
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-29-04 11:55 PM EDT (US)   
So... you want your map/campaign tested/reviewed? Or maybe you want to do some testing/reviewing?

Anyone interested post you email address here. Then, when someone wants a map reviewed (tested.. whatever) they just email the people here!

Please ask the user if they are available to test your scenario, campaign or mod before you send it them. Some of us have a RealLifeTM too.

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================

[This message has been edited by Alphax (edited 09-26-2010 @ 06:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-30-04 08:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 60  
If there is enough interest in this, I'll create a sticky for it.
posted 06-30-04 03:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 60  
Well, I'm interested in testing. My adress: angband@op.pl And I'm making my own campaign, so when I finish, I'll seek for playtesters here. Even now I have two maps to be tested - if you are interested just send me your e-mail adress.
Gandalf the White
posted 07-02-04 09:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 60  
Campaign Testing? Cool. Whenever I have the time to, I will play it. Send stuffies to cynon228@aol.com

I squee'd like a fangirl when the Frostlings were announced for AoW3. True story.
posted 10-20-04 07:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 60  
Hello everyone! Again I have something to be tested, but this time it is RPG scenario (now designed in about 50%). Please let me knowif you're interested (my adress: gandalf_the_mapmaker@yahoo.co.uk).
posted 12-12-04 10:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 60  
I may or may not have some maps in the future I'll keep you posted.

[This message has been edited by Gantaliano Hoff (edited 12-12-2004 @ 10:28 PM).]

posted 12-13-04 08:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 60  
And if you feel like reviewing some maps, see the link in my sig (or the topic a few below this one...)

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 01-05-05 02:24 AM EDT (US)     7 / 60  
Just a little thing more: this topic is also for revieving maps and campaigns, so: I would be really grateful for revieving my campaign Elmar the Keeper. I'm going to make another campaign , so I'd like to know what people think about my first. Please especially write about stroryline and A.I behaviour.
posted 01-17-05 03:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 60  
Alert! New map! New map!

I have a new map! It's the first map of my new campaign. It's story based and I'd like some feedback on it BEFORE I submit it. Any one who's interested just email me at datallguy@cox.net

Name of Map is The Human Stain: Onslought!

(No one had better steal my idea. That's happened before)

[This message has been edited by Gantaliano Hoff (edited 01-17-2005 @ 04:06 PM).]

posted 07-03-05 09:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 60  
Hello!

I have a new map again! Would like a playtester(s) to help me out. It will be some time before I submit it, because I have to submit it with a counter map. Help me out. Email me at datallguy@cox.net

This is the sequal to my latest map The Human Stain- Onsluaught! But I'm not going to release the title of this one...yet.

Email me please!

My Current List of AoW Accomplishments:
Multi-Player Map #301: Lake of Power
Multi-Player Map #302: Quick War!
Single Player Map # 325: The Human Stain- Onslaught! (single player) Multiplayer Map # 321: The Human Stain- Onslaught! (multi player)
posted 02-16-06 00:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 60  
I really don't have the patience to design and make maps but here's an idea: a star trek map. The Lizard Men could be the Gorns. The Elves could be the Vulcans. The Dark Elves could be the Romulans.

One of the heroes sort of looks like Patrick Stewart (as Jean Luc Picard).

posted 06-12-06 08:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 60  
can someone find me a map which work in demo version!!!
posted 07-06-07 07:00 PM EDT (US)     12 / 60  
I've been making maps and playing them for a long time now, so I'm definitaly interested in being a playtester. I check my e-mails every day and I'm always available, so if anyone has a map they'd like tested, send it to me but make sure to include something like "AoW Map Testing" in the e-mail subject so I know what it is

Send anything you like, single maps, campaigns.. I love playing AoW so I'll test your maps and feedback you on them a.s.a.p!

My e-mail address is craysyntrottier@hotmail.com

~| Nysyarc |~
posted 07-07-07 00:07 AM EDT (US)     13 / 60  
Hey! How'd I miss this? Lemme add mine too!

joennaismith@hotmail.com

Please email before you send the game, and be sure to specify anything you want, or like to say.

Yeahoo!
posted 07-07-07 00:50 AM EDT (US)     14 / 60  
Lol, we're the only two people to post here in like half a year.. it may be a dead thread, but I'll still get my hopes up, I'd love rating maps but I never know where to start :P

~| Nysyarc |~
posted 08-13-07 09:08 AM EDT (US)     15 / 60  
Achtung! Achtung! New map to be tested! It's a Large two level (though underground isn't really big, just few caverns and passages, most of action takes place above) story driven scenario for SP, when you play Elves and fight some powerful AI forces. Except for the storyline (which, for some reason, is an unusually hard piece of work for me this time), it's virtually ready for playing, so if you are interested please send me an e-mail (gandalf_the_mapmaker@yahoo.co.uk)Should you decide to, bear in mind that this a map for competition and therefore I'd like to receive your feedback at 25th or preferably earlier, so as to have time for optional changes.

I'm not sure if anyone actually checks this thread, but.. just in case

[This message has been edited by Gandalf theWhite (edited 08-13-2007 @ 09:15 AM).]

posted 08-13-07 11:08 AM EDT (US)     16 / 60  
OH Memememem! I check! Lemme! Lemme!!!
posted 08-14-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 60  
But milord, I sent it you via e-mail on 9th. Didn't you get it?
posted 08-18-07 02:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 60  
Dear god, I need a playtester!

My map is lacking a certain magical something - the feeling to grab a city over the hill...To attack that node when my forces are stronger...

Please...

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-20-07 07:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 60  
CrazySlyHawk, send my your map and I will test it!

to: K.berg1@web.de
posted 08-20-07 08:30 AM EDT (US)     20 / 60  
will do, just adding one or two more things

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-20-07 09:07 AM EDT (US)     21 / 60  
I sent it off and away

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-20-07 12:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 60  
Sorry, but Ic map.zip was empty. Sent it again and I'll be happy
posted 08-20-07 02:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 60  
Done. Enjoy! My friend themak3 tested it and he was very positive!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-20-07 06:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 60  
Sorry Gandalf! I've got nothing! >.<

Resend?
posted 08-20-07 06:45 PM EDT (US)     25 / 60  
Naismith could you test my map too? Could you manage?

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-20-07 09:13 PM EDT (US)     26 / 60  
Hello everyone,

glad to see the original is still hot

i'd love to play through any new single player map and give feedback,

caesar8maart(a)hotmail.com
posted 08-21-07 04:20 AM EDT (US)     27 / 60  
Lord Naismith
Just have resent it, watch out for an e-mail from me.

Please send me your map, Crazy Sly Hawk! I'm a bit busy so I propably won't be able to play fully through it before the deadline, but I'll still take a look on it and play it a bit so I might be helpful to some extent
posted 08-21-07 08:19 AM EDT (US)     28 / 60  
Indeed I will, its ok, you can check the first 15 - 20 turn balance and the look of the map at tha start if your stuck for time THeres no password, too :O

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-23-07 01:52 AM EDT (US)     29 / 60  
Right, Gandalf I got it, and CrazySly, send it over! I think it's time I got all my Age of Wonder activities back on track!

Right, both of you, I need to know what I need to do. Like how long to playtest too, what turn you want a report on, do you want me to save every turn? What day would you like the report by?

Tell Lord Naismith all!

;D

I'm back in the house mates! Gotta go to sleep, but when I wake up, I'll be expectin' them answers and ready to dive right back into AoW1! Viva la Resistance! Viva la Age of Wonders!

Hu-sha!

Yeah, so just post here what exactly you want to be tested and reviewed here, and once I get that map from you CrazySly, I'll start both of yours at once! ^_^
posted 08-23-07 06:59 AM EDT (US)     30 / 60  
Dimradil, did you get it?

Naismith, I don't think that saving every single turn is necessary, but surely it will help me if you try to give me saved games from those turns which saw some imptrtanat events, such as big battles, important city captured etc.

Btw. I've got some guys playtets my map, but needless to say, I'll still appreciate it to receive more feedback, so if you want to play a nice, challenging SP map, please let me know! Should you worry whether you''ll be able to finish it before deadline, contact me anyway, I'd love to hear from you about the map, even if your impression is based on playing for some first turns only
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Scenario & Campaign Design » Map/campaign playtesting/reviewing
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames