AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: +WL team FFA+ the charm - game 2
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
posted 08-27-04 03:09 PM EDT (US)   
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
looking to start a WL TEAM FFA game on 'the charm'. we will be using a newer version which I will upload to this site before we start.

for a team FFA, we need 3 teams of 2.

for this map, this means the teams will be:

SIM- Tibbs (charvey1 at cogeco dot ca) subbed by swolte eliminated by team 3 (1st killed)
MIZ- nerull - nerull@mail2usa.comsubbed by albaron on day ??

SAM- fubarno - rutbeer@earthlink.net
MAZ- LtR - [email]lordtheron at gmail dot com[/email]

SUM- greenmonster(grnmnstr at nycap dot rr dot com)
MUZ- zombie eater (busybard at yahoo dot com)

------------------------------------------------------------ -----

turn order (needs verification) : GM, Swolte , Fubarno,ZE, albaron, LtR,

exploration, allied victory ; ON
surrender OFF

for details about this new gametype, please visit:
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=34,753,,60#51

OFFICIAL PASSWORD KEEPER - email me! aowsm.pass@gmail.com

GMMod for AoW2
'a River Ran Through It' aow2 map 'the Charm'(SM edition)

[This message has been edited by greenmonster (edited 11-14-2005 @ 09:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-22-05 02:27 PM EDT (US)     161 / 190  
I'm posting a little late. Sorry for that.

Miz

Oh dear, nearly everything is going wrong. The scouts are weird and crazy independants are on there way too. Very strange indeed...

And my strong army is hurt :-(

Let's see...

posted 09-06-05 05:05 AM EDT (US)     162 / 190  
Muz

Waiting in the corner for my chance...

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 09-08-05 05:14 PM EDT (US)     163 / 190  
Maz

Killed a bonedragon for practice.

posted 09-23-05 04:50 PM EDT (US)     164 / 190  
Sam -

Taking a look around the land of yellow flags.

posted 09-24-05 03:28 PM EDT (US)     165 / 190  
Muz

A New Hope...

------------
Turn sent
------------

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 09-26-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     166 / 190  
Miz

It happened! I've lost some important troops, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

TS

posted 10-08-05 12:59 PM EDT (US)     167 / 190  
Sam -

The walls are caving in.

posted 10-10-05 01:02 AM EDT (US)     168 / 190  
Muz

Another daring strike from my Ally puts Sam into a really bad position. I, on the other hand, put her into a really sticky position.

------------
Turn sent
------------

posted 10-11-05 12:51 PM EDT (US)     169 / 190  
Maz

Looks like our little empire is about to collapse...

posted 10-12-05 12:20 PM EDT (US)     170 / 190  
SUM
------------

the needs of this war have kept me from my journal for far too long, but things look to be on auto-pilot, at least for now.

Maz is holed up in my partner's former capital, with a decently strong guarisson.
Muz and myslef however have an army coming right now. What it lacks in quality, it makes up for in quantity... We almost feel like goblin lords because of his!
Still, they have walls, so this may turn out to be a closer battle then we think.

Sam boldly marched into my people's lands, and has conquered 2 villages. She has summoned a fire elemental, which is proving to be quite formiddable. Still, they wont be going far anytime soon. Muz has webbed them into place in Port Forgotten, and my masses of troops, led by the hero Greenmonster, are moving in for the kill. At the minimum, they can block exit from this town, so that victory should be immenant.

Why will it be a victory? Because my Tigran Rogue hero snuck away from the small offensive force I had waiting outside of Sam's heavily guarded entrance outpost, razed Sam's eastern village, and, with help from a summoned efreet, captured Sam's capital!
Muz now has troops heading up from the underground to help me defend it, and claim Sam's western village. and all of Sam's troops in her southern outpost are at least 2 days from the capital, and must cross through fire and the temptation of the basking rocks to get there that quickly.

Still, victory will not be complete. Miz has decided to get offensive, despite us letting her live for so long, unabbaded. From the north, we pull together a welcoming commitee. From above her homelands, we start sending down trickles of troops.
We must proceed carefully however; who knows what strength she has built up after so many days left alone.

TS

GMMod for AoW2
posted 10-12-05 01:52 PM EDT (US)     171 / 190  
Sam -

I fell like a fiddle.

I'll be happy if in the final battle my forces manage to kill the hero Greenmonster.

posted 10-16-05 02:30 AM EDT (US)     172 / 190  
Muz

With my homeland retaken and the invaders executed I feel much better now, thank you very much.

-----------
Turn sent
-----------

posted 10-17-05 03:29 PM EDT (US)     173 / 190  
Miz

Invaders are yet to come and Sulpher has to be taken again.

TS

posted 11-06-05 04:00 PM EDT (US)     174 / 190  
it looks like we are stuck...

GMMod for AoW2
posted 11-10-05 05:39 AM EDT (US)     175 / 190  
Didn't you get the turn from Albaron GM? If so, could you resend Albaron?
posted 11-11-05 09:03 AM EDT (US)     176 / 190  
Strange, i will send it again.
posted 11-14-05 09:09 PM EDT (US)     177 / 190  
looks like i still had the wrong turn order in the header, but its fixed now.

turn forwarded to LtR.

GMMod for AoW2
posted 11-15-05 05:12 PM EDT (US)     178 / 190  
Maz (from the void)

That's it I'm no more. Good luck dear Sam!

Well played GM and ZE.

posted 11-16-05 02:49 PM EDT (US)     179 / 190  
Sum -
as predicted, Sam falls, and her empire is now in my hands.
1 wizard to go, and we've already started the war.

TS

good games, LtR & Fubarno. You guys had us scrambling for a while there!

GMMod for AoW2
posted 11-16-05 05:33 PM EDT (US)     180 / 190  
Yep, HAD...

I think we were on the right track with our attack on ZE which took you guys by surpise I think. Sadly GM was already much too strong at that point and our hometowns were vulnerable. Nonetheless, a fun, yet very long game.

posted 11-16-05 09:13 PM EDT (US)     181 / 190  
Argh! lost again to GM. Should have known better to challenge GM teemed with ZE on the map GM made.

It was fun though, if excrutiatatingly slow... no fault of anyone here.

Good luck albaron. Here's hoping you have a couple stacks of level 4 units flying about in air galleys.

turn sent to ZE

posted 11-18-05 00:48 AM EDT (US)     182 / 190  
Muz

Marching orders have been issued

-------------
Turn sent
-------------

posted 11-19-05 00:55 AM EDT (US)     183 / 190  
ts

posted 11-22-05 02:27 PM EDT (US)     184 / 190  
ts

posted 11-23-05 01:37 AM EDT (US)     185 / 190  
'surprise' probably isnt the best word, but definitly unprepared. If I remember, we saw it coming, which let us get somewhat into posistion, but we would have been a turn too late to really defend ZE's capital. WE still had to scramble to keep Muz alive, and I even got worried about my own wizard for a couple turns... I thought I was going to get cut off and ambushed, so detoured underground, where LtR left his capital lightly guarded.

1 thing that helped us is that by LtR taking ZE's capital, LtR shared the border with the goblins,and therefor had another 'front'.

And its really hard to invade someone on this map. Fubarno had me stalled on his doorstep, and if I didnt have 'seven', and a hero with 50 movement and concealment, he would still be alive.
Conversly, I only got to kill Fubarno because he got greedy and got himself trapped on a penninsula with a choke point entrance.

there were a few more factors, but I'll fill you in after this game is finished.

GMMod for AoW2
posted 12-02-05 05:34 PM EDT (US)     186 / 190  
ts
(played w 1_4 like asked)

GMMod for AoW2
posted 12-03-05 04:18 PM EDT (US)     187 / 190  
Muz

Strategically placed another Spider Web.

------------
Turn sent
------------

We saw the attack on my capital coming for about 2 or 3 turns. I even tried to kill myself, so I'd respawn and help with the defense (taking GM's capital as an escape route), but my Wizard just wouldn't die in a Wildfire. I even tried a suicide attack on the ruin in the Tigran lands, but my mp ran out just short of it.

Surpisingly that didn't doom us. The Tigran campaign had cost us a good chunk of our troops, and with the capital there razed, we didn't even have a good city for replacing them.

I guess the Artifacts made a huge difference in the end, making that Hero so much stronger against all the lvl1 troops everybody is fielding. And with high mp that guy can go anywhere within 2 turns.

[This message has been edited by ZombieEater (edited 12-03-2005 @ 04:23 PM).]

posted 12-05-05 01:08 AM EDT (US)     188 / 190  
looks like its all over.
I guess as long as a wizard starts a turn with all 6 relays they win.
I thought I had to hold them for a full turn, but I never took trades into consideration.

kind of a shame that this didnt end in some big climatic fight. Of course, I'm probably saying that because it would have went in my favor!

Good game everyone.
I'll tally up points and report results in a few days - although someone should send me an email to remind me

GMMod for AoW2
posted 12-14-05 01:11 AM EDT (US)     189 / 190  
ok, I've figured out the scoring.

we all semi-agreed on the ante option, but it had to be scrapped because we wound up with odd numbers that could not be divided properly.
In fact, most scoring options will not work in a team FFA game, so I had to use standard scoring... all wizards worth 2 points, totals divided amongst teammates.

anyway, ZE and myself eliminated all 4 other wizards, for a total of 8 points we must divide amongst ourselves, or 4 pts each. every other wizard lost 2 points. These #'s are then added to the standard placement rankings: 5, 1, -6.

ZE and myself therefor get 9 points each (18 total)

albaron and swolte (who were both subs) finish second (despite swolte being eliminated first, his teammate outlasted the other team) both get 1, -2 = -1 pts each (-2 total)

Lord the Ron and Fubarno finish 3rd, so get -6, -2 = -8 each (-16 total).

so

greenmonster = +9
zombie eater = +9
Swolte = -1
albaron = -1
Lord the Ron = -8
Fubarno = -8

There was very little drama in the scoring results, as only 1 team had kills (although albaron outlasting team 3 was an interesting development). However, I think this type of game shows alot of potential, especially once partners start dropping off. I'd love to see a 4 teams of 2 game with this system!

GMMod for AoW2
posted 01-02-06 03:33 PM EDT (US)     190 / 190  
I agree with greenmonster. If there will be such a game, i would love to take part.

I had a lot of fun with the game. Thanks to all that i could be a sub.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » +WL team FFA+ the charm - game 2
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames