posted 01-11-08 07:31 PM EDT (US)   

Aboard the Heart of Gold, a battle rages. In a last ditch
effort, the Improbability Drive is activated, changing
everyone into quite random objects. Now you must discern
who is friend and who is foe amidst this strange rabble of
stuff.

Time: End Game

Alive
04. grizzly137 (Marine Corps Flag; Iron Roleblocker)

Dead
01. DunC (Canadian Ten, Insane Cop)
02. A Banned User (Chess Trophy, Iron Towny)
03. GoSailing (Model T-72 Tank, Godfather)
05. Arvedui (Habanero Sauce, Serial Killer)
06. Maegereg (Camoflauge Flashlight, Sane Cop)
07. AtZy (Airsoft MP5, Goon)
08. Sargon II (Shaver, Goon)
09. Normandy887 (Set of House Keys, Goon)
10. The Wanderer (Screwdriver, Godfather)
11. Mixz14 (Plush Frog, Doctor)
12. Dr Grip (Boomerang, Vigilante)
13. The Grey Fox (Black Table Fan, Bus Driver)
14. Friend of Old (Can of Deodorant, Goon)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 02-10-2012 @ 11:39 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 01-11-08 07:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 259  
    The artificial day generated by the Heart if Gold cycled
    to night, as all of the many objects scattering the bridge
    turned off and lie down for a good nights sleep. Some
    slept better than others, and some slept not at all.

It is Night 0.
    Send night actions to brebuga4@gmail.com
    48 Hours until Day 1

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    posted 01-14-08 00:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 259  
    The Wanderer, fitful in his rest, wandered the halls of the Heart of Gold. That was when they struck. He was suddenly attacked on all sides, and then left, a broken heap. Luckily for him, the doctor was also restless, and came upon his broken but living body. The town awoke, and The Wanderer recounted the tale. He had not had time to see his assailants, but they were out there. It was later discovered that AtZy was also dead. His body featured many stab and bullet wounds, though the most strange was an odd red substance that covered him.

Someone tried to kill The Wanderer, but failed.
    AtZy (Airsoft MP5), a goon, has been killed.
    It is now Day 1.
    There are 13 of you, so it is 7 to lynch.

posted 01-14-08 05:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 259  
    Hmmm. Looks like we have two killing parties again, judging by the double attacks.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
    posted 01-14-08 08:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 259  
    Yea, which is pretty common in a game of Rotaretilbo's. We can be pretty much assured that there is a mafia killer, mafia investigator and an unaligned SK.

The first places we should start is who would want to kill Atzy or Wanderer but I don't really have time to start thinking about who right now. Once I get back from school, I will.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 01-14-08 08:59 AM EDT (US)     5 / 259  
    Oh, and there is also probably a vigilante that knew his odds of hitting a townie were a lot better than hitting a mafia member so he went for nobody.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 01-14-08 10:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 259  
    We need to remember all Vanilla roles are pretty much out, and items you have become are likely to become clues.

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
    "The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    "We're All The PirateBay"
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 01-14-08 12:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 259  
    Well I say we should count ourselves lucky seeing that one mafia is already down. Now that stated we must begin the business of scumhunting, and that most enjoyable phase. Random Voting.

Vote: grizzly because red is grizzly.

Doctor FoO
    posted 01-14-08 02:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 259  
    A grizzly is brown, not red. However, an "Old Friend" would be red if you say, painted him first. I think any clues (if they are actually clues and not red herrings)that come from Rot's posts are going to relate to what we have been randomized into, not on our user names or characteristics.

Atzy is dead. Atzy's home forum is BFME2H I believe, as is Arvy's (I think), so if anyone had a chance to observe Atzy playing, it would be Arvy. That is pretty weak since I think Arvy and Atzy, as well as many players here, play in games across HG so the chance is good many of us here have seen him play.

But I think it's worth a shot as a start.

Vote: Arvedui

That Atzy was a goon is a plus for the town but it does complicate it somewhat. Mafia wouldn't kill one their own on night 0 but an SK or a second Mafia group would probably want him gone on general principles, he struck me as a decent player when I played with him.

So, as far as trying to pick a killer based on who knew him, it's a weak attempt as best. Could be Atzy was a totally random choice.

As to The Wanderer, no idea who would want to kill him. Only played one game with him and as far as I know, this is only his second game at HG. Unless he's a returning forummer something.

"What are we going to do tomorrow Barak?"
    "The same thing we do every day Joe....TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD."
    posted 01-14-08 02:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 259  
    Oh, and as an aside on game mechanics, I think we may very well be dealing with three killing groups.
    The Wanderer, fitful in his rest, wandered the halls of the Heart of Gold. That was when they struck. He was suddenly attacked on all sides, and then left, a broken heap.
    That's one.
    It was later discovered that AtZy was also dead. His body featured many stab and bullet wounds, though the most strange was an odd red substance that covered him.
    There's number two (stab wound) and number three (bullet wound).

posted 01-14-08 03:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 259  
    I think Arvy is a good move actually, both people attend his home forum...

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 01-14-08 03:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 259  
    Wonder what that red substance might be...

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 01-14-08 04:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 259  
    Maybe a ketchup bottle commited the murder?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 01-14-08 04:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 259  
    A killer ketchup bottle of doom? It has a nice ring to it.

posted 01-14-08 04:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 259  
    It's only a matter of time before someone googles that...

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 01-14-08 05:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 259  
    Rot said he picked it all by things in his room and unless he eats way too many french fries and is very lazy, I doubt its a ketchup bottle. The thought process, though, is on the right track.

To be honest, the vote on Arvy and the reasons for it are worthless and it really shouldn't be called anything more than a random vote. However, they are necessary on day 1. Vote: Arvy

posted 01-14-08 05:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 259  
    Okayokay. Let's see. It's worth a shot in the dark, and I might as well join a bandwagon crusade seeing as I myself was subjected to one in the previous mafia.

posted 01-14-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 259  
    Ok then, I guess I'll go for a roleclaim here.

I am a vigilante, and am a bottle of habanero sauce. I targeted Atzy this night and got him. Good shot, it seems, as he was mafia. Otherwise, I win on the side of the town. So now I'll be dead by tomorrow.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 01-14-08 05:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 259  
    That was quick. Maybe you'll get protected by the town doctor.

posted 01-14-08 05:41 PM EDT (US)     19 / 259  
    Sounds visable.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 01-14-08 06:08 PM EDT (US)     20 / 259  
    I am a vigilante Serial Killer, and am a bottle of habanero sauce. I targeted Atzy this night and got him. Good shot, it seems, as he was mafia. Otherwise, I win on the side of the town. So now I'll be dead by tomorrow.
    Fixed.

Come on. A vigilante taking a shot on Night 0? Without any evidence whatsoever?

*waits for inevitable comparison between this and Mesozoic Mafia where I helped lynch the Vigilante and helped convince the thread he was the Serial Killer (by the way, I was scum in that game so I'm sure that will come up as well)*

To that I would say, not the same situation. As far as I know, he didn't take a blind shot on Night 0. A Vigilante who kills indiscriminately is no different than a serial killer in any case. He could have easily killed a cop or doc or other town role instead of scum.

I won't change my vote, unless the game gets really jammed up nor will I really press for his lynch. If he is really the Vig I expect the mafia and the SK will both target him tonight. If he's still alive tomorrow I'll take up this thought again.

posted 01-14-08 07:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 259  
    Oh, and there is also probably a vigilante that knew his odds of hitting a townie were a lot better than hitting a mafia member so he went for nobody
    As I said, vigilante wouldn't have tried to kill anybody. Plus, there were only two killings (I don't think Rot would have made the distinction from stab and shot as separate kills, he leaves no clues in his posts) and the SK obviously wouldn't go for nobody. Rot always has a SK, mafia killer and vig, so Arvy's role claim is already just about done for. I encourage others to vote for him as well.

posted 01-14-08 08:32 PM EDT (US)     22 / 259  
    I must say I'm a little suspicious of Arvy's claim. The idea of a bottle of Habanero sauce after the bottle of ketchup has been bandied about seems a tad suspicious. However I'm struck by one particular phrase in his writeup:
    I win on the side of the town
    That little detail would seem obvious, but I know it was included in my role email with a very similar phrasing, which leads me to think he may be writing from his email. He could still be scum with a similar clause in his email, but it makes me doubt. So to summarize I'm not sure what to think of Arvy. I'd like to know how experienced Arvy is before I decide whether he would have known better than to take a shot in the dark.

One other thing seemed noticeable to me looking through the posts so far, and that's something GoSailing said earlier.
    The first places we should start is who would want to kill Atzy or Wanderer
    I've never known GoSailing to go for that strategy before. I looked back through a bunch of mafia games, and he almost always places a random vote as an opener. Add that to the fact that he's experienced and should know that the strategy seldom works. The whole thing makes me just the slightest bit suspicious.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 01-14-08 09:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 259  
    Vote Count
    grizzly137 - 1 (Friend of Old)
    Arvedui - 2 (grizzly137, GoSailing)
    7 to lynch

posted 01-14-08 10:03 PM EDT (US)     24 / 259  
    Post 14

I've also said the same thing in other mafias but don't remember where exactly. Its always a good place to start even if it doesn't lead anywhere. Random votes don't normally lead anywhere either, so in the beginning its better to start with a bit of logical thought than none at all. The reason that it isn't really helpful here (which I didn't think about, seeing as how I went to sleep at 2 AM woke up at 4 AM to finish a project due 4th period) is that we just about all know each other at least a little bit from the last mafia and I know that just about everybody here as been at least familiar faces (so to speak) for months.
    That little detail would seem obvious, but I know it was included in my role email with a very similar phrasing, which leads me to think he may be writing from his email.
    By no means is our proof of him definitive, but a no lynch is bad and I'd like to point out that his email could have said (And I'm pretty much quoting this from a role email from Rot in a different game) "You win win everybody else is dead" or "You win with the mafia"

posted 01-14-08 10:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 259  
    I've never found the method of choosing targets based on relationship to the victim to be the least bit effective. In my experience it's no more effective than selecting random targets (and with a good mafia it could easily be less effective) and it assigns an impetus to lynch that a pure random vote doesn't.

One thing I'd like to know is why Arvy decided to kill night 1. Perhaps he could enlighten us. I don't think we're anywhere near a no-lynch, so let's not get hasty in voting.

Maegereg
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 01-14-08 10:39 PM EDT (US)     26 / 259  
    Another item is that as you pointed out, Rot almost always includes a vig, and I haven't heard any counter claims.

Maegereg
    Free Kenan
    posted 01-14-08 10:55 PM EDT (US)     27 / 259  
    I've never found the method of choosing targets based on relationship to the victim to be the least bit effective.
    In general, I completely agree with that. When I first voted Arvy, I expected it would either lead absolutely nowhere or perhaps to a role-claim then we move on. Even ineffective methods can work sometime due to luck.

What surprises me it that he claimed with so little pressure on him (and it probably shouldn't surprise me seeing as how I did it in Alias Mafia. I plead inexperience which I don't think Arvy can) and that he came up with that particular RC. It may very well be true but I'd reiterate my belief that an off the reservation Vig is just as dangerous as an actual Serial Killer.

If we decide to believe his RC then I'd suggest, based on the fact he went off on no evidence, we figure out a way to keep him on a very short leash.

I think it's a moot point. If he really is the Vig then he is a prime target for the scum groups tonight. If he isn't, then he's a prime target for one of the scum groups and the actual Vig. (I do agree with GS on that point, I think there is a Vig present in the game as well).

posted 01-14-08 10:59 PM EDT (US)     28 / 259  
    @Maegereg. I don't think you will hear a counter-claim. Why would the real Vig counter? He now has a confirmed scum target for tonight and he doesn't have to blow his cover. That's why I'm not in a hurry to lynch Arvy, he stands a good chance of dying tonight whether his claim is true or not.

posted 01-15-08 01:28 AM EDT (US)     29 / 259  
    Come on. A vigilante taking a shot on Night 0? Without any evidence whatsoever?
    Only reason I did was because Rot kept pestering me, and I wasn't thinking straight at the time, being preoccupied. I suppose I turned out lucky.
    As I said, vigilante wouldn't have tried to kill anybody. Plus, there were only two killings (I don't think Rot would have made the distinction from stab and shot as separate kills, he leaves no clues in his posts) and the SK obviously wouldn't go for nobody. Rot always has a SK, mafia killer and vig, so Arvy's role claim is already just about done for. I encourage others to vote for him as well.
    As I said, not thinking straight, etc.
    I'd like to know how experienced Arvy is before I decide whether he would have known better than to take a shot in the dark.
    One thing I'd like to know is why Arvy decided to kill night 1. Perhaps he could enlighten us.
    I've played in quite a few mafias before, but never been a vig. I suppose it's a reason I targeted on Night 0.

As for the reason I RCed, it was the first thing that came to my mind, and I've not been in this position often, so it's sort of new to me.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 01-15-08 02:10 AM EDT (US)     30 / 259  
    In my experience it's no more effective than selecting random targets
    Well your experience is much more than mine. Everybody here has seen me play in about 4 mafias and those are the only ones I've played. My experience at mafia is really no more than I am at reading people. Right now, Arvy is causing problems for me to read. His pleas reek of mafia "Oh my bad, I shouldn't have done that, I'll be a better townie" but he seems to me oddly innocent. I'll keep my vote up, I suppose, but I am open to suggestions on continued pressure or a change of targets.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Improbability Drive Mafia - Game
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames