EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 04-25-08 08:57 PM EDT (US)   

Harry Potter is in his fourth year of Hogwarts, and things have taken a turn for the worse. The long banned Triwizard Tournament has been reinstated in order to encourage companionship between the three great European schools of magic - Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. However, something is amiss. Harry has somehow been entered into the tournament as a fourth contestant, not something any wizard could do. For to cast a spell strong enough to confund the Goblet of Fire would require an exceptionally strong wizard, and Harry, though he has defied Voldemort thrice, is still not that great of a wizard. Now the question remains: who was it? Was it Severus Snape, who wants to see Harry die? Is it Karkaroff, who was once a death eater? Or was it someone else, someone no one expects? Harry's life is in danger, even under the eyes of Dumbledore and the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Mad-Eye Moody. Will the plot succeed? Will Harry die or live? Will those against Harry succeed in their wish to see him dead? The devils are inside the walls...

Time: Day 5

Alive:
1. Sargon (Harry Potter - Triwizard Champion/Mason - Town)
2. TimmySpok (Albus Dumbledore - Jack of all Trades - Town)
3. Rot (Hermione Granger - Mason/Cop - Town)

Dead:
1. Sir Wulf (Madame Maxime - Hogwarts Mafia)
2. FoO (Snape - Godfather - Hogwarts Mafia)
3. Dunc' (Karkaroff - Hogwarts Mafia)
4. Shanks (Sirius Black - Thief - Town)
5. Sails (Ronald Weasley - Mason/Roleblocker - Town)
6. Normandy (Voldemort - Godfather - Voldemort's Mafia)
7. Wonder Bread (Mad-Eye Moody - Vigilante - Town)
8. Ferret (Cedric Diggory - Triwizard Champion - Town)
9. RCM (Hagrid - Doctor - Town)
10. Catabre (Barty Crouch Jr. - Mafia Goon - Voldemort's Mafia)
11. Grip (Victor Krum - Triwizard Champion - Town)
12. Maegereg (Fleur Delacour - Triwizard Champion - Town)
13. Redus (Rita Skeeter - SK)
14. Banned (Wormtail - Mafia Goon - Voldemort's Mafia)

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. A mod will be asked to read your edit history and you may will be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.
  • The four Triwizard Champions are participants in the Triwizard Tournament. On nights 1, 2, and 3, each representing one of the tasks, they must send me an email with a number from 1 to 100. The person closest to my number wins, and the places and points will be awarded the following day. Remember, eternal glory awaits the person who wins, so try your best.
  • Failure to send in a number will automatically give you last place, and that may not be something you want, judging by the prize in store for the winner...

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 05-22-2008 @ 06:54 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-25-08 09:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 511  
"Tut tut!" said the headmaster, and the students streamed out of the great hall to their common rooms, ready for a full night's sleep, awaiting the start of the Triwizard Tournament.

It is Night 0.
Please send all night actions to ash.win.13@hotmail.com.
You have 48 hours.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 04-27-08 05:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 511  
"Wake up! Wake up!" Harry opened his eyes slowly, taking in his surroundings. "Harry! Come on!" It was Hermione.
"I'm coming, I'm coming..."
"Ron's already gone, come on!"
"I don't want to meet Ron, and besides, you're not supposed to be here!" Harry wrapped the sheets around him.
"Oh, just hurry up!" said Hermione as she stalked out of the dormitory. Harry got up and got ready before heading down to find Hermione waiting in the common room. Together, they went to the Great Hall to eat. Sitting down next to Fred and George, they looked up at the front table.
"Where... where's Madame Maxime? Karkaroff?" asked Hermione warily.
"Didn't you hear? Madame Maxime (Sir Wulf - Hgowarts Mafia) was found dead in the hallway. Dumbledore's not sure who did it. He's furious, up in his office, we suspect. Hannah Abbot saw Fudge arriving earlier, too. And Karkaroff... well, didn't you get your copy of the Prophet?" Fred asked, looking at the two. The bewildered faces answered him first. "Here, take my copy." Fred gave the two a copy of the Wizarding newspaper which they quickly took in.

Professor Karkaroff (Dunc' - Hogwarts Mafia) of Durmstrang Wizarding School recently arrived with his students at Hogwarts for the Triwizarding Tournament. An unsuspecting Dumbledore welcomed him with open arms, but with old information resurfacing, it is hoped Dumbledore will rethink this hospitality. Long forgotten now, Karkaroff was originally a follower of You-Know-Who. When You-Know-Who fell from power, Karkaroff was taken in by Ministry Wizards. However, he escaped by giving information about other death eaters. Now that the man is back in the country and at Hogwarts, it is hoped that Dumbledore and Fudge will see to it that he is thrown unceremoniously out of the school before any innocent students start dying.

"Who wrote this? Skeeter?" asked Harry darkly.
"Yes, that cow," Hermione replied. "But it's good, isn't it? If he was a death eater..."
"Well, doesn't matter. They say the bloke ran for it when the article came out. Was scared." Fred stopped as the breakfast disappeared. Saying goodbye, Hermione and Harry went to the dungeons for Potions with Ron trailing behind. However, as they entered the classroom, Snape was not there. Instead, a small woman stood waiting for the class to enter.
"Excuse me," Harry said, feeling a sense of hope. "Where's Professor Snape?"
"None of your business!" said the woman worriedly. "He's... gone." Harry looked at Hermione and Ron.
"You don't think he could be..." Hermione started, before Ron cut her off.
"He was found dead near the lake." Harry stared almost happily at Malfoy, who was now turning scarlet.

"That's not all," said Ginny, who had fallen in line with Harry. "They say that Snape (FoO - Godfather - Hogwarts Mafia) tried to kill someone last night but was stopped.
"Any other news?" Harry asked, smiling.
"No, nothing. Except Ron's still furious. How about the next task? Prepared?" Ginny asked shrewdly. Harry faltered.
"Err... I suppose..." Ginny scowled.
"It's coming, Harry! You need to be ready!"
"Erm, yes, well, I need to get to class. See you later, Ginny." Ginny frowned and went to class as Harry stood there, staring after her. She had been right - preparation was necessary.

It is now Day 1.
The Hogwarts Mafia is dead.
GOGOGO!!!

|

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 04-27-2008 @ 05:04 PM).]

posted 04-27-08 05:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 511  
One mafia down, one to go. Nice work for one night guys. This means we have an SK, a vig, and another mafia...

posted 04-27-08 05:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 511  
I may be reaching here, but I suspect there are three mafias. Having 3 people in a mafia each with 17 players is really heavily town favored, so I'd count on three groups of 3 mafia and then 8 town. Yes, town would be outnumbered, but still have biggest group. The problem is, I don't know what mafia there would be other than Deatheaters. Maybe the Slytherins or the other competitors at the tournament?

I doubt there would be a SK, because nobody tends to work alone in Harry Potter. There are a lot of plot twists and some betrayals (most particularly with Snape) but everybody is still allied with somebody, even if we don't know with whom.
Fred asked, looking at the two. The bewildered faces answered him first. "Here, take my copy." Fred gave the two a copy of the Wizarding newspaper which they quickly took in.

Professor Karkaroff (Dunc' - Hogwarts Mafia) of DurmstrangWizarding School recently arrived with his students at Hogwarts for the Triwizarding Tournament. An unsuspecting Dumbledore welcomed him with open arms, but with old information resurfacing, it is hoped Dumbledore will rethink this hospitality. Long forgotten now, Karkaroff was originally a follower of You-Know-Who. When You-Know-Who fell from power, Karkaroff was taken in by Ministry Wizards. However, he escaped by giving information about other death eaters. Now that the man is back in the country and at Hogwarts, it is hoped that Dumbledore and Fudge will see to it that he is thrown unceremoniously out of the school before any innocent students start dying.
This pretty much guarantees we have a journalist. This could become significant when people start role claiming. We'll see I suppose.
"That's not all," said Ginny, who had fallen in line with Harry. "They say that Snape (FoO - Godfather - Hogwarts Mafia) tried to kill someone last night but was stopped.
Sounds like a role blocker, because if it was a doc it would generally say the person was attacked and saved by getting sent to, I suppose, Madam Pomfrey (likely our doctor, now that I think about it) or getting saved in the nick of time.
  • The four Triwizard Champions are participants in the Triwizard Tournament. On nights 1, 2, and 3, each representing one of the tasks, they must send me an email with a number from 1 to 100. The person closest to my number wins, and the places and points will be awarded the following day. Remember, eternal glory awaits the person who wins, so try your best.
  • Failure to send in a number will automatically give you last place, and that may not be something you want, judging by the prize in store for the winner...
  • What do you guys make of this?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 04-27-08 05:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 511  
    Wow never seen anything like that before. Three mafia dead, one mafia wiped out and no townies dead. Very lucky for all of us! Hmm I agree with Sails that there may be three mafias as 2 would be very town favoured and Arvys not one to make games balanced for a certain side. In POTC mafia there were two mafias, but both had about 5 people in each and their were two seriel killers. So I reckon in this game three, three man mafias with one or no seriel killers is likely. If Shanks is right and it was a vig who made one of the kills, i'd be worried as a vig making a kill on the first night is a very risky move as theres no evidence to go on. Luckily if their is one, they got lucky this night.
    This pretty much guarantees we have a journalist
    Yeah. I reckon that someone has the role of Rita. If anyone has seen the films or read the book she's the reporter who says all the lies about Harry and does some outrageous but funny interviews of him. But does anyone care to tell me what a journalist role does?
    What do you guys make of this?
    The winner gets a very powerful prize?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 04-27-08 05:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 511  
    If he dies, we get no Daily Prophet. With how little of the opening post was the newspaper, it wouldn't be devastating but having as much info as possible is what we really want.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 04-27-08 06:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 511  
    What the? Flip me if that didn't go badly. Reminds me of Old Bill where 5 people died night one, including all the mafia. SK won it, stupid Rot. Ho ho...

*haunts Harry*

Doctor FoO
    posted 04-27-08 06:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 511  
    Bye FoO, pity you went down so fast. I wanted to pwn you.

posted 04-27-08 06:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 511  
    ABU, PotC only had one SK, I was a rolechanger that chose to become SK.

And FoO, get back in your cupboard!

Alright, so we've got three dead, all being mafia. Unless a vigilante blindfired last night, I'd say we probably have three mafias and an SK. So, now we have two mafias and an SK left.

So, let's get some ideas. At the end of the fourth book, there is talk of the giants. Perhaps they are a mafia. Also, while a mafia has been eliminated, Voldemort, who I expect to be in the game, has not surfaced. Perhaps some of the mafias share victory conditions but don't know who they are in exchange for more night kills. That lead to a lot of friendly fire in Virus Mafia, and so could explain why Voldemort was not part of the mafia comprised of his followers.

However, we have the sad chore of random voting for day 1. So, let's get things started.

Vote: A Banned User

He's in the middle of the list. This is a random vote for pressure and discussion. Now discuss!

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 04-27-08 06:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 511  
    Perhaps some of the mafias share victory conditions but don't know who they are in exchange for more night kills. That lead to a lot of friendly fire in Virus Mafia, and so could explain why Voldemort was not part of the mafia comprised of his followers.
    Well, I think that Voldemort wouldn't be part of that. The Hogwarts mafia was people actually at Hogwarts who could hurt Harry and the students. Then, probably, Voldemort and death eaters as another and possibly people like slytherins as enemies.

Is Mad Eye Moody's imposter a possibility as the SK?

posted 04-27-08 09:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 511  
    Vote: A Banned User

Fair enough. 8 votes to lynch, let's stop at 5.

My guess is that the prize involves some sort of instant kill(s) or protection(s). Or maybe a showdown with Voldemort...

posted 04-27-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 511  
    Anyone else get the feeling that if the Godfather is killed, the rest of the mafia goes with it?

I can't see how else an entire three man mafia was killed on night zero.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
    Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
    Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
    "ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
    posted 04-27-08 11:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 511  
    Coincidence. Having a condition where the death of one automatically kills the rest of his scum buddies would be absurdly unbalanced.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 04-28-08 02:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 511  
    Anyone else get the feeling that if the Godfather is killed, the rest of the mafia goes with it?
    You have just given me an idea for a wonderful mafia. ;D

|
    posted 04-28-08 02:37 AM EDT (US)     15 / 511  
    Good night 0. Sorry, Banned.

Vote: Banned

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
    posted 04-28-08 03:29 AM EDT (US)     16 / 511  
    It was a good night for the town.

Redus
    Bfme2h|HWH|HG main|Redus' blog
    Winner of the best post in the 2007 Bfme2H awards, because I had the only nomination.
    So this is how freedom dies, to a round of applause.
    +1-Drakontos
    posted 04-28-08 09:29 AM EDT (US)     17 / 511  
    Verygood night for the town.
    This pretty much guarantees we have a journalist.
    Could someone explain to me more about what a journalist does?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 04-28-08 10:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 511  
    Could someone explain to me more about what a journalist does?
    I thought I explained it but I guess I hit preview instead of submit, as I couldn't find it in the thread.

A journalist is a town role that normally doesn't have any action, but when he dies, the newspaper stops coming. In some hosts, these are very common and the newspapers contain a lot of clues so their loss can be devestating. I haven't seen Arvy host with one before, however, so I don't know how much of a difference it will make. Its still definately a role we want to keep alive, however, likely just below a cop, doctor or vigilante and above everybody else. And possibly above the vig because most nights they forgo their kill anyways.

posted 04-28-08 10:36 AM EDT (US)     19 / 511  
    Wow. Town is very lucky. I would go with the flow of the random vote, but Rot said to stop at five.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 04-28-08 11:00 AM EDT (US)     20 / 511  
    Ok, the journalist thing makes much more sense now. Lets hope it helps us as time goes on.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

posted 04-28-08 11:05 AM EDT (US)     21 / 511  
    We'll probably need it later on.

posted 04-28-08 11:41 AM EDT (US)     22 / 511  
    Very well looks like I don't have much choice in the matter. I am moaning myrtle a tracker. Last night I investigated Catabre, but found that he targeted nobody.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 04-28-08 11:47 AM EDT (US)     23 / 511  
    Are you a townie?

posted 04-28-08 11:48 AM EDT (US)     24 / 511  
    Yes... you do know who mooaning myrtle is right? If not feel free to look her up on wiki.

posted 04-28-08 11:56 AM EDT (US)     25 / 511  
    Don't know who most people are, never read the books.

posted 04-28-08 12:54 PM EDT (US)     26 / 511  
    I haven't read the books or seen the movies either.

I don't have a night action though. Maybe my character is like a miller? But with night actions?

posted 04-28-08 01:08 PM EDT (US)     27 / 511  
    Hate to repeat things, but a whole mafia group got wiped out on night 0, wow.

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 04-28-08 01:28 PM EDT (US)     28 / 511  
    I know, its pretty carzy.

posted 04-28-08 01:35 PM EDT (US)     29 / 511  
    Tell me about it...

*is beaten and stuffed back into cupboard by Rot*
    *cupboard door is locked and cupboard chained up*

Doctor FoO
    posted 04-28-08 04:18 PM EDT (US)     30 / 511  
    What on earth?

Arvy, if you called me over here to play in an absurdly unbalanced game then, in the immortal words of Gary Oldman in the 5th Element "I am very dis-a-pointed!"

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames