Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Dark Knight Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 06-06-08 01:35 PM EDT (US)   

The Dark Knight, the Mafia

Havok has slowly crept up on the city of Gotham. Banks have been robbed citywide by someone with no other alias than "The Joker", Dr. Crane's disappearance is no more, and the two most dangerous crimelords Salvatore Maroni and Gamble compete for the top spot of control in the city. Luckily, James Gordon and Bruce Wayne have found new hope. Harvey Dent, a politician running for District Attorney of Gotham has a similar goal in mind to eliminate the threats himself. Can Bruce Wayne AKA Batman restore peace to Gotham by relying on the help of Detective Gordon, and at the same time dealing with Harvey Dent's attempt to take the threats in his own hands? You decide the fate of Gotham.

Get the Full Experience:
TDK 1
TDK 2
TDK 3
TDK 4

Alive: (8/17)
1. Banned
2. Maegereg
7. Nacht Jager
8. DunC
9. ViperIV
10. TBK FoO
11. Spok
14. Scuddles

Dead: (9/17)
17. Sargon (Salvatore Maroni - Godfather - Maroni's Mafia) - Shot down in broad daylight Night 0
6. FoO (Commisioner Gordon - Cop - Mason/Town) - Shot Day 1 by The Joker
16. Rot (Maroni's Henchman - One-Shot Cop, New Godfather - Maroni's Mafia) - Killed by several people Night 1
15. Wanderer (Don Maroni - Money Thief - Maroni's Mafia) Killed by Gamble Day 2
3. Sails (Alfred - Doctor - Town) shot by The Joker Night 2
13. Grip (Gamble - Godfather - The Crimelords) lynched Day 3
12. Arvy (Harvey Dent - Coin Flipper - Mason/Town) killed Night 3
4. Wonder (Gator - Thief - The Crimelords) lynched Day 4
5. UndeadSniper (Lucious Fox - One-shot Doctor - Town) killed Night 4

Recently...
Lucious Fox has been killed in attempt to weaken Batman. Everyone Bruce knows is dying, and he has no one else to turn to.

It is currently Day 5.

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. A mod will be asked to read your edit history, but if it happens a second time, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night - this game is closed communication. Talk within the game thread only unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC.
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: "Name". Be sure to bold it.
  • If you change your vote, don't forget to type Unvote: "Name" before your new vote, or your new vote will not count.
  • Do not quote emails in roleclaims. Paraphrase.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 07-16-2008 @ 07:50 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-06-08 01:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 339  
    Bruce Wayne was reading in his study when Alfred, his butler, strolled in.
    "I just thought I'd tell you Harvey Dent's giving a speech tomorrow," he said, which caused Bruce to look up.
    "Harvey Dent?"
    Alfred tossed a newspaper on Bruce's desk, with the headline titled 'Gotham Needs a New District Attorney?'
    "District Attorney..." was all Bruce Wayne could mutter.

It is now Night 0
    Send in your night actions to ashgerms@yahoo.com by June 9th

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Normandy887 (edited 06-06-2008 @ 05:52 PM).]

posted 06-06-08 05:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 339  
    How long for night actions?

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 06-06-08 05:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 339  
    I'd assume we have till Monday until Normandy gets back.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 06-06-08 05:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 339  
    Night 0 post edited.

EE forever
    posted 06-09-08 11:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 339  
    Woah, Norm changed his name

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 06-09-08 01:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 339  
    B-but... NORMANDY, DAMN IT! YOU AND RCM BOTH?!?!

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 06-09-08 05:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 339  
    The bomb exploded at 10:14 AM. The overcast sky wept above Gotham, and the inferno at Gotham City Bank only attributed to it.

They stepped onto the cold marble. They all were wearing masks, resembling that of a clown's face. People shrieked not at their weapons, but at their appearance.

"So why do they call this guy the Joker?" one of them said, slapping what looked like a magnet onto a safe.
    "I heard he wears makeup," said the other, looking around.
    "Makeup?"
    "Yeah, to scare people. You know, warpaint," the goon replied. He finished and opened the safe, wiping sweat off of his vulnerable forehead. The other goon watched him. "We'll see if it really works then..."
    They stared at each other, and though they wore masks you could detect their distant fear.

It was then they realized someone was stooping behind them, watching.
    "I'm betting the Joker told you to kill us as soon as we loaded the cash," the safe-cracker said, failing at sounding intimidating.
    "No, no, no. I kill the bus driver," the goon behind them said, in a completely indescribable voice.
    "Bus driver? What bus driver?"
    All of a sudden, a school bus drove through the bank wall, colliding into the two men. The other masked men looked up from their business, and struggled to see through the smoke. Before they could react, they were each shot one by one. The final goon didn't look up. He was concentrating on keeping the gun to the bank managers head. Out of nowhere, the bank manager saw him fall to his knees.

The man walked out into the open, and pulled off his mask. His face didn't look much different from the mask. He was about to leave the bank with bags full of cash.
    "The criminals in this town used to believe in things. Honor. Respect. Look at you! What do you believe in?"
    The Joker stopped, without turning around.
    "What do you believe in?" the manager yelled.
    This time, The Joker turned around and walked up to the manager, not having to try very hard to intimidate him.
    "I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... Stranger!"
    With that, the Joker shot the bank manager. Twice.

3 days later...

Bruce Wayne and Detective Gordon stood in the crowd, waiting for Harvey Dent to appear.
    "I heard this guy's good," Gordon said, without looking at Bruce. Bruce, on the other hand, looked at Gordon for a moment but didn't say anything. The crowd began to pick up its applause, causing the two to look up at the podium. Sure enough, Harvey Dent, young and handsome, stepped up to it.
    "Please please," he said. "I don't deserve this. I'm only taking your voices into consideration. Giving you all what you deserve."

Though the crowd was very pleased, the slowed their applause.

"I heard about the bank robbery the other day. You probably think that... since I'm some dirty politician, that I can't think the same way you do. I can't have emotions. But that day proved it. It let me know how dangerous our lives can be today. I realized what my duty then was. To do everything in my power to stop things like this from happening. I want to help you live your lives the way they're supposed to be carried out!" The crowd roared. Harvey tried to stop from smiling.

"Now, now. I know we all say that. All us politicians are the same, all promises and no action. But I am different. Why not try someone different? I really care about the streets of Gotham. No... scratch that. I care about you."

The crowd opened up in applause once again. Bruce continued to simply stand there.

"It's time the city gets itself a worthy District Attorney!" Harvey shouted into the microphone. The crowd then began cheering "We believe in Harvey Dent" over and over again. Harvey stayed at the podium, but then someone stepped up to him and whispered something in his ear. The look on Harvey Dent's face changed very suddenly. The cheering died down a little.

"I've just been informed that Sargon (Salvatore Maroni - Godfather - Maroni's Mafia) has been shot a few moments ago. While he was a very dangerous criminal, he is still a man that must be respected and honored." Harvey mysteriously stood there looking down for a moment. The crowd was dead silent.

"Vote for me in the Fall!" he said as he fired up again. A banner was lowered that said "We believe in Harvey Dent" on it, under a picture of Harvey himself. Dent stepped away from the podium very quickly as he was greeted by thunderous applause. Bruce stood the exact same way he was before Harvey came on. The crowd moved past him onto the busy streets of Gotham.

"Who could've taken a man like Salvatore down?" Bruce said silently.

"What?" Gordon said, puzzled.

"Even I had trouble taking him down. Who could be strong enough to shoot him down in broad daylight and not get caught?"

With that, Bruce left along with the rest of the crowd. A moment later, Gordon followed behind, still puzzled.

Sargon (Salvatore Maroni - Godfather - Maroni's Mafia) has been killed.

Someone tried to kill someone but was stopped.

Harvey Dent was successful in today's speech.

My writeup is very long.

It is now Day 1.
    9 to lynch.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 06-09-2008 @ 05:46 PM).]

posted 06-09-08 05:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 339  
    w00t! One godfather down!

So to do the whole random lynch thing...

Vote: Arvedui

I hate your name change Norm, it's evil!

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 06-09-08 05:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 339  
    ?esoppus I htiw ffo trats ot etov modnaR oS ?rehtafdoG eht syawla nograS si ro em ti sI !ydaerla nwod rehtafdoG aifam a swen taerG

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 06-09-08 05:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 339  
    Wai, wha? WHY ME?!

Anyway, I think the Joker killed Sargon. He's the one who's poweerful enough, probably.

Next, we have probably 7 more mafiosos, and 1 sk hiding around. What possible town roles do we have? Bruce Wayne, Gordon, Dent....

|
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 06-09-08 06:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 339  
    Banned, you so don't have a posting restriction. That isn't funny. You're scum pretending to have a posting restriction, I bet. [/joke]

Vote: BANNED WHO ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE MAFIA for pressure.

|
    posted 06-09-08 06:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 339  
    That isn't funny. You're scum pretending to have a posting restriction, I bet. [/joke]
    !siht gniod fo pu def ydaerla m'i dna raf os eciwt detsop ylno ev'i esuaceb gnidneterp saw I hsiw I

posted 06-09-08 06:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 339  
    Lol, so ABU has a vote restriction, huh? Looks like Normandy (or that Ash thingy) hasn't treated him very nicely. So Banned, please don't make any epic posts!

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 06-09-08 06:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 339  
    !yrt ll'I

posted 06-09-08 06:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 339  
    Is he retarded or something?

Rick Goodman Enthusiast
    Empire Earth
    Empire Earth: Art of Conquest
    Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
    Empire Creations Design Team
    posted 06-09-08 06:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 339  
    Vote Count:
    Banned - 1 (Arvy)
    Arvy - 1 (Catabre)
    9 votes to lynch.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 06-09-2008 @ 06:49 PM).]

posted 06-09-08 06:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 339  
    By the way did you guys even read that writeup? I went a little Arvy there for a sec.

EE forever
    posted 06-09-08 07:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 339  
    It was good, but if you want long, head out to WiC, Corporation Mafia. Now those were some write ups....

|
    posted 06-09-08 08:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 339  
    For those of you who can't read backwards (or are to lazy to)
    Here is Banned's post in English.
    ?esoppus I htiw ffo trats ot etov modnaR oS ?rehtafdoG eht syawla nograS si ro em ti sI !ydaerla nwod rehtafdoG aifam a swen taerG
    Great News a mafia godfather down already! Is it me or is Sargon always the Godfather? So Random vote to start off with I suppose?
    !siht gniod fo pu def ydaerla m'i dna raf os eciwt detsop ylno ev'i esuaceb gnidneterp saw I hsiw
    Wish I was pretending because I’ve only posted twice so far and I’m already fed up of doing this!
    yrt ll'I
    I’ll try

Now why would he have a post restriction like that? Maybe as a Joke or someone who writes in code. So does anyone know of a character that is something of a informant in this movie?

It also could mean nothing at all however that’s just my suspicion.

Silently stalking in the grass,
    Never a sound escaping him,
    In constant alert,
    Patiently watching,
    Evading all eyes,
    Readied finger above the trigger.
    posted 06-09-08 08:42 PM EDT (US)     20 / 339  
    I think its fake. There wouldn't be a post restriction like that. Vote: Arvy

Also, anybody have any idea on how many mafia groups we are likely to have? Obviously more than one, but do you guys think two, three or even four?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 06-09-08 08:50 PM EDT (US)     21 / 339  
    Quick question:
    Why couldn't I double post, do I need a set amount of posts or what?

Now what I needed to double post about was that i messed up my BB code and I only needed Joke to be bold.

Also I meant Joke as in the Joker.

Like I said, just a theory.

In constant alert,
    Patiently watching,
    Evading all eyes,
    posted 06-09-08 08:55 PM EDT (US)     22 / 339  
    I'm afraid you've got the wrong guy Sails. It's Banned who's posting backwards.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 06-09-08 09:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 339  
    Cool, a godfather down already. I'll join Sails and Cat in pressuring Arvy with the random vote.

posted 06-09-08 10:22 PM EDT (US)     24 / 339  
    I know. I had some reason to vote Arvy, but I don't recall. I think it was because somebody else voted him. He likely won't end up being the lynch anyways and then we can go to ABU.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 06-09-08 10:36 PM EDT (US)     25 / 339  
    Oops, looks like I forgot to vote. Vote: Arvy

posted 06-10-08 05:17 AM EDT (US)     26 / 339  
    !ydnamroN uoy etah I !gnniyonna os s'tI .siht naht eno reisae hcum a htiw pu emoc d'i noitcirtser a gnikaf saw I fi em tsurt dnA .noitcirtser tsop a htiw eno ylno eht m'i ekil skool taerg hO

posted 06-10-08 06:37 AM EDT (US)     27 / 339  
    !ydnamroN uoy etah I !gnniyonna os s'tI .siht naht eno reisae hcum a htiw pu emoc d'i noitcirtser a gnikaf saw I fi em tsurt dnA .noitcirtser tsop a htiw eno ylno eht m'i ekil skool taerg hO
    Oh great looks like I’m the only one with a post restriction. And trust me if I was Faking a restriction I’d come up with a much easier one than this. It’s so annoying! I Hate you Normandy!

I’ll trust you for now but if we don’t get anywhere else with Arvy I say we pressure him for an RC.

Vote:Arvy

In constant alert,
    Patiently watching,
    Evading all eyes,
    posted 06-10-08 08:33 AM EDT (US)     28 / 339  
    Honestly, wiki is your friend. The only character I could find who speaks backwards is Zattana, a magician with the justice league, who speaks backwards to cast spells. A powerful character, but very minor and possibly nothing to do with the Dark Knight. Baneed could be setting himself up here, but this must require a lot of effort, so in the meantime I for one am inclined to believe him. My mjor misgiving however is tha she only needs to speak backwards to cast spells. I really want to hear more from Banned however.

Vote: Banned

Doctor FoO
    posted 06-10-08 09:34 AM EDT (US)     29 / 339  
    That seems like a lot of trouble to go through only draw more attention to yourself. So... Vote: Arvy

Rick Goodman Enthusiast
    Empire Earth
    Empire Earth: Art of Conquest
    Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
    Empire Creations Design Team
    posted 06-10-08 10:27 AM EDT (US)     30 / 339  
    FoO, I'll join you in the vote on Banned once Arvy gives a RC.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » The Dark Knight Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames