Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Portal Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 02-09-09 08:26 PM EDT (US)   

Aperture Science
We do what we must, because we can
For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

Alive
04. TBK145 (Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator; Mafia Unstoppable Hitman Bomb)
10. Friend of Old (Chell; Mafia Chess King)
11. The Dark Archer (Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device; Iron Mafia Bus Driver Ghost)

Dead
01. Maegereg (Aperture Science Rocket Sentry Turret; Serial Killer)
02. Ashrzr (Aperture Science Video Monitoring Unit; Cop)
03. Arvedui (Aperture Science Unstationary Scaffolds; Faith Healer)
05. Catabre (Aperture Science Weighted Storage Cube; Iron Towny)
06. Blatant7 (Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube; Iron Mafia Doctor)
07. Nacht Jaeger (Aperture Science Sentry Turret; Vigilante)
08. Undeadsniper55 (Aperture Science Morality Core; Informed Inhibitor)
09. DunC (Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grids; Roleblocker)
12. A Banned User (Aperture Science Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System; Post Restricted Full Jack of All Trades)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails in roleclaims. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 02-25-2009 @ 05:37 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 02-09-09 08:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 123  
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
    You just keep on trying till you run out of cake,
    And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
    For the people who are still alive!

It is Night 0.
    Send night actions to brebuga4@gmail.com
    48 Hours until Day 1

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    posted 02-12-09 06:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 123  
    Sorry all, gonna be AFK for a week

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
    "The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    "We're All The PirateBay"
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 02-14-09 01:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 123  
    Heres hoping this delay isn't a sign of another dreadfully inactive mafia.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 02-14-09 06:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 123  
    I'm not even angry.
    I'm being so sincere right now,
    Even though you broke my heart and killed me.

The Aperture Science Unstationary Scaffolds (Arvedui), a faith healer, has been killed.
    The Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grids (DunC), a roleblocker, has been killed.
    It is now Day 1.
    There are 10 of you, so it is 6 to lynch.

posted 02-14-09 06:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 123  
    Lost 2 helpful roles.

I'll bet $50 we have a 3 Man Mafia and an SK.

Let's get to pressuring: Random Vote: Nacht Jaeger

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 02-14-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 123  
    Fine with me.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 02-14-09 06:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 123  
    I'll bet $50 we have a 3 Man Mafia and an SK.
    Could be possible, but that wouldn't really fit into the story. Aperture Science is obviously Town, and it would only make sense that Chell, their only enemy is an SK. But since there were two kills, that's obviously not true, so I'm not sure what to think yet. Either there's a trigger-happy vig or Rot's spilled some of the HL2 universe into this game.

Vote: Nacht Jaeger

EE forever
    posted 02-14-09 06:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 123  
    Or I suppose a third alternative is that Rot has included some characters not in the game itself, but that are story-wise other people jailed in the Portal course thing.

EE forever
    posted 02-14-09 07:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 123  
    Could be possible, but that wouldn't really fit into the story. Aperture Science is obviously Town, and it would only make sense that Chell, their only enemy is an SK. But since there were two kills, that's obviously not true, so I'm not sure what to think yet. Either there's a trigger-happy vig or Rot's spilled some of the HL2 universe into this game.
    I need to read up on the story some more then.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

posted 02-14-09 07:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 123  
    Ok, here are some possible players:

Emancipation Grids - Faith Healer - Town
    Unstationary Scaffolds - Roleblocker - Town
    Sentry Turret - Vigilante? - Town
    Personal Companion Cube - Mason??? - Town
    Energy Ball - ???? - Town
    Chell - Survivor?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

posted 02-14-09 08:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 123  
    Just read up on it all.

What do we think GLADOS is?

posted 02-14-09 09:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 123  
    If Aperture Science is Town, a very powerful Town character, but perhaps some sort of an unstable role. GLADOS is a little unstable if you ask me.

EE forever
    posted 02-14-09 10:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 123  
    I'd suggest that GLADOS is probably a serial killer. Perhaps GLADOS and Chell are the two villains? That would seem to make sense.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 02-15-09 00:23 AM EDT (US)     14 / 123  
    The Aperture Science Unstationary Scaffolds (Arvedui), a faith healer, has been killed.
    And when you're dying... I'll be... still alive.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 02-15-09 03:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 123  
    I'd agree with GLADOS being an SK or maybe even the mafia if we take into accounts the different units, but who the hell is this Chell person?

Doctor FoO
    posted 02-15-09 05:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 123  
    Chell is the character you play as in Portal. You go through the different puzzles which get increasingly harder, and then you make your escape taking advantage of the complex falling apart. So since Aperture Science is Town, Chell definitely has to be scum.

EE forever
    posted 02-15-09 06:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 123  
    Or what if GLaDOS is town at first, then changes to scum? The same could be the case with Chell.

posted 02-15-09 08:15 PM EDT (US)     18 / 123  
    I'm inclined to think that GLADOS is Town, at least like you said for now. The same could definitely hold true for Chell, but who knows how Rot has set up this game. There's many different possibilities.

EE forever
    posted 02-15-09 08:53 PM EDT (US)     19 / 123  
    I just got an idea. What if Chell is a busdriver of sorts? She can fire two portals each night, so actions directed to one person target another. Or maybe there are two players who are portals (Red and Blue), and each night they target someone, and that's like a busdriving ability. It's a bit far-fetched, but possible.

posted 02-15-09 11:12 PM EDT (US)     20 / 123  
    The two portal idea is exactly the way I was thinking I would've set it up. But even with that and some pretty creative assignment of role to inanimate objects, I could only think of 11 roles. We have 12.

A note for the town: don't target me. Just don't. I think I should get that out right now. I'll be happy to claim if people want.

Maegereg
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 02-16-09 09:56 AM EDT (US)     21 / 123  
    Is a busdriver like an isolater?

I definitely think that GLADOS would be unstable. Maybe Semi-iron as well?

If were not going to pressure Nacht Jaeger who else should we go after?

posted 02-16-09 10:59 AM EDT (US)     22 / 123  
    Is a busdriver like an isolater?
    A bus driver is a role, which targets two people and those people are switched around. So a night action performed on one player whose switched, won't affect that player but the other player. If you see what I mean.
    Rot is pretty fond in using them. I'm not that keen on as the busdriver will just target random players, and it often leads to confusion and ambiguoty and it rarely seems to help the town out.

And I have no idea what an isolator is...

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 02-16-09 11:08 AM EDT (US)     23 / 123  
    An isolator is a jailkeeper. They make their target iron but roleblock them. And I'm happy to claim if that's what people want.

posted 02-16-09 11:32 AM EDT (US)     24 / 123  
    Ooooh I like jailkeepers.

posted 02-16-09 02:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 123  
    I understand busdriver now, thanks.

posted 02-16-09 02:56 PM EDT (US)     26 / 123  
    You know the best part, Maeg? My full Portal Mafia (which I'll be hosting at Spore Heaven) features 17 roles.

posted 02-16-09 04:49 PM EDT (US)     27 / 123  
    Isolator is the term I use for jailer, I never realised the role existed before I used it.

Now, Nacht, if you'd please. I don't think a vote should be necessary.

Doctor FoO
    posted 02-16-09 05:32 PM EDT (US)     28 / 123  
    You know the best part, Maeg? My full Portal Mafia (which I'll be hosting at Spore Heaven) features 17 roles.
    And I thought I was creative... Guess not.

Maegereg
    Free Kenan
    posted 02-16-09 05:50 PM EDT (US)     29 / 123  
    FoO why does it seem ages since I last played a mafia game with you?

posted 02-16-09 08:14 PM EDT (US)     30 / 123  
    I am an Aperture Science Sentry Turret, a vigilante. I didn't target anyone last night.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Portal Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames