Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Roma Victrix Maps
posted 11 November 2009 11:24 EDT (US)   
This is the official map thread for the swap story Roma Victrix. More info about Roma Victrix here and here.

I like maps, and I thought our story could use a few to clarify things a bit. This thread is for maps for Roma Victrix. If you have a map for the story, please send the largest version you have to me at edorix.lonewolf@gmail.comedorix@heavengames.com. I will post it in this thread for criticism and discussion, to see what the others think. If we all approve, I'll put it up in the OP. If not, edit it accordingly, and send it to me again (or, if you prefer, I can do that, time-allowing). Hosting and resizing of the picture I can do. If you would like a map made but aren't confident enough in your skills, contact me, and I'll see what I can do.

If you are going to make a map, please use the same key as me. Blue or light gray lines for rivers and coastlines, red lines for major regional/political borders, black squares with crosses inside them for fortresses, etc. Small variations to this standard are okay, but please make the map yourself, by hand or on the computer - it must be your own work, not plagiarised. It is a lot simpler if we can use a standard key, and at some point, I will submit a map key as an image file for reference (although it's pretty obvious really). I will be happy to continue updating this OP with all the maps we compile.

MAPS

• The Roman Empire at the Death of Quintus Julius Caesar Magnus, version 1.3, by Edorix

• The Roman Province of Britannia at the start of the Great Northern Rebellion, by Edorix

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 11-15-2010 @ 02:52 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 11 November 2009 11:30 EDT (US)     1 / 11  
    You know Edorix, sometimes I think you take these roleplaying things a little too far...

I'm just saying...

"Communism is like a Mistress you later learn is a Mister and no amount of showers will ever wash away the shame.
    Capitalism on the other hand is like the bosom of a women fresh out of the kitchen with sweat on her brow and enough milk to feed a village of children for weeks. And I'll tell you something: I. Want. That. Bosom."
    posted 11 November 2009 11:42 EDT (US)     2 / 11  
    Do you really think so? The fact that you only know me by my roleplaying name could indicate as much.

But this isn't roleplaying; this is finding an excuse to draw maps of the Roman Empire. I don't quite get what you mean.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 11-11-2009 @ 12:09 PM).]

posted 16 November 2009 14:01 EDT (US)     3 / 11  
    The final version of the Roman Empire map is up at last. It's less cluttered and a lot neater than the previous versions, while still having plenty of detail for guidance, and leaving plenty of "wiggle-room" for other writers.

posted 15 January 2010 20:49 EDT (US)     4 / 11  
    Awesome maps Edorix. You must have put in heaps of time to do them. Looks like fun. I do maps of my rtw campaign as well, but on paint.

[This message has been edited by Baalite (edited 01-15-2010 @ 08:50 PM).]

posted 16 January 2010 02:13 EDT (US)     5 / 11  
    But this isn't roleplaying; this is finding an excuse to draw maps of the Roman Empire.
    Why just last week, I wasted an entire 50 minute AP Euro class drawing a map of the Roman Republic in 77BC. Twas good times all around.

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people. ~Anonymous
    Romano British AAR ~Defunct.
    Kingdom of Albion AAR ~Finished 1/26/08.
    WRE Migration/Defensive AAR ~Defunct.
    Numidian Defensive AAR ~Ongoing
    posted 16 January 2010 02:45 EDT (US)     6 / 11  
    Thanks Baalite.

I was thinking of starting work on a map of Iberia. I have at last managed to get my hands on a map with all the tribes on it. I just don't know where all the cities are...
    posted 16 January 2010 03:23 EDT (US)     7 / 11  
    I have heaps of maps of stuff on my computer, I'll see if there are any maps of Iberian Cities.

Edit: Here's a good one. It has cities and tribes. [JPEG, (289.07 KB)]

[This message has been edited by Baalite (edited 01-16-2010 @ 03:51 AM).]

posted 16 January 2010 04:05 EDT (US)     8 / 11  
    Now that, my friend, is useful. I shall start work - um - when I feel like it.

Unless you'd rather do it?
    posted 16 January 2010 04:12 EDT (US)     9 / 11  
    Unless you'd rather do it?
    Na. I'm not good at labeling (I always make the line go over everything and my writings to big, not to mention impossible to read)
    posted 16 January 2010 06:04 EDT (US)     10 / 11  
    Now we have the matter of getting Andalus to do his chapter.

But good map Edorix. If I want to invade a certain place I know who to ask to write out a topographical map.

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
    posted 16 January 2010 10:43 EDT (US)     11 / 11  
    Eek!

Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Roma Victrix Maps
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames