Stronghold 2 and Legends: The Map Room
Moderated by Lady Arcola, peter2008, Doomsword, ericgolf

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I Need Playtesters
posted 04-29-05 10:16 EST (US)   

I Need Playtesters

If you would like someone to playtest your map before you submit it, please post in this thread.

Please stick to the following procedure.

Add a post to this thread, stating the title of the map, it's type and a link to the thread you created for it.

Sample:

The Tower of Ravens - Invasion

Players volunteering for play testers can do so in that particular thread, not in this one.

Once your map has been tested, please edit your post and either add something like Done at the botton of your request, or use strikeout strikeout

Sample:

Done
or

Thank you for your cooperation.

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
Replies:
posted 05-01-05 16:41 EST (US)     1 / 22  
Kester, you never responded to my email.

Did you receive the map I sent you yesterday?

GA-K8N Pro-SLI | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ | 2x512 Corsair XMS PC-3200 | eVGA 7800GT OC 256MB SLi | 3DMark06 - 3942
posted 05-01-05 18:51 EST (US)     2 / 22  
Kester is away for most of the next week at business conference REL so may not respond for a while. She may have some internet access while there but won't have the game and probably won't have time to reply to all emails.
posted 05-02-05 16:04 EST (US)     3 / 22  
I'll be happy to look at your map when I get back

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
posted 05-22-05 13:55 EST (US)     4 / 22  
Yeah, I'm going to need a play-tester to test this map I've been working on. Where am I supposed to host it though? Do I need to Host the mapfile on some site of my own, should I plan to email it to people, or what?

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=21,50,,10

[This message has been edited by Wahnsinniger (edited 05-22-2005 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 05-22-05 18:31 EST (US)     5 / 22  

Quote:

Do I need to Host the mapfile on some site of my own, should I plan to email it to people, or what?

Usually people just email the map out to those who offer to playtest it, though if you wanted to host it on a site of your own you could.

posted 05-25-05 06:04 EST (US)     6 / 22  
Looking for a playtester for IBC4-The Hand that Binds

Thanks,
pat!

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=21,52,,10

mmmmm......beer........
posted 05-29-05 01:33 EST (US)     7 / 22  
I, too, have a Kingmaker map called, 'Battle By The Sea', for all to play test. Anyone interested in a heads up match map, (one-on-one), please drop me an email at,
thegrindre (at) yahoo (dot) com
Enjoy!

Sometimes ya gotta play bad to win good!

[This message has been edited by TheGrindre (edited 04-04-2007 @ 01:03 PM).]

posted 06-29-05 06:15 EST (US)     8 / 22  
I uploaded my first map, for everyone to download
Dutch Revolt

Please try it, I hope the balance is good

posted 02-12-07 19:19 EST (US)     9 / 22  
I need a playtester for my first map, my thread is over here

Seven kingdoms-BETA
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=21,3017,,10

posted 04-29-07 09:23 EST (US)     10 / 22  
I have another two player map ready for playtesting in Kingmaker. It's a large map, 1v1, with lots of eye candy.

E-mail me at,

thegrindre (at) yahoo (dot) com

and I'll send it to you. Put 'Fight For Freedom' in the subject matter heading so I won't delete you as spam.

Here's the thread, http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=21,3024,,365

DONE

Sometimes ya gotta play bad to win good!

[This message has been edited by TheGrindre (edited 05-02-2007 @ 05:28 PM).]

posted 07-12-07 08:54 EST (US)     11 / 22  
Hey guys, I'm in need of a playtester for a 3 mission War Scenario. Even if I could have somebody just read over my story to find grammatical errors that I missed would be helpful. So if you are willing to help, you can reply here, e-mail me at ttomtomtom@hotmail.com, or PM me (if you can).
posted 09-29-07 17:32 EST (US)     12 / 22  
Hello i got a cupple maps for test if anyone can help me pls maps are as follows

Cannyon fodder < simple 4 player map big walls and a stream in middle >

Falls of truth < simple 4 player map with waterfalls and a mysty center 4 long walls to hide behind >

River shank < A simple river map with a river snaking across the map my friend made it >

Costal chaos < war at the beach with forrests and rocks >

E.mail me at TKMF@hotmail.com to test the maps for me
Maps Are king maker maps

PS .. will need perminent map testers as i will be making lots more will also be putting them on fileplanet under stronghold2

[This message has been edited by Naturestorm (edited 09-30-2007 @ 08:03 AM).]

posted 04-07-08 16:25 EST (US)     13 / 22  
Hey everyone, a... well a long time ago, I made a Stronghold 2 map, called Tomb Stone Rock.
http://stronghold2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=791
I recently made improvements to it, and would like a few people to test it for me.

The file is right here:
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/caleb1117/TombStone Rock 2.s2m

You can contact me by PM here, or at this Email address:
celeb1117ATsotghomeDOTcom

Thank you.
posted 07-23-08 10:57 EST (US)     14 / 22  
I have just finished the final installment of 'Blood of the Saxons' and is now avaliable for downloading.
cheers
LD

[This message has been edited by Lord Dredde (edited 07-31-2008 @ 07:00 PM).]

posted 10-02-08 13:42 EST (US)     15 / 22  
I have an SH2 war scenario that I made about a year ago, my friend had tested it and said it played well, but I never won the map and moved onto new maps. If someone would like to test this map and help me to make it a better map, send me an email to (sirvetka-at-gmail-dot-com).

You have to keep yourself and Lady Seren alive while crossing the river to battle first the King then Lord Barkley and finally Sir William, you have a few economic goals to achieve.

Thank you

Sir_Vet

Hi Odyss just checking to see if you got my Email.

Edit: Thank you Odyss, I am sorry you got to test a crashing map. The map is tested and now I will throw it away! Keep your eyes open for new maps from Sir_Vet!

DONE

[This message has been edited by Sir_Vet (edited 10-27-2008 @ 02:11 PM).]

posted 10-06-08 14:10 EST (US)     16 / 22  
Hello, SV!

Sorry not to get back to you more quickly. I've been playing your map, have killed Barclay and have begun the attack on The King. However, at this point the game has crashed on me every time so far. I may try to mess around with a game save in the editor.

Nevertheless, some first impressions:
1) As always, great scenery! It certainly increases the enjoyment factor. For that matter, I was having a good time overall until the game went south for the winter.
2) Even though you placed some building, economic and troop limits, I imagine that most experienced players would have little trouble developing a booming economy--especially considering the generous GP allotment.
3) Likewise, having resources nearby was perhaps too convenient. But . . . were you aiming for a kingmaker-type map?
4) The time limit seemed to be pretty generous, too. As things were going, it's likely that I could have won in about half of what you allowed.
5) The reinforcements in Seren's estate were more than adequate to hold their position, especially when combined with a few catapults.

I can be more specific if you'd like, but in the meantime I'll see if I can get past the crashes.

Thanks!

Edit: Well, I used the editor again to try changing a few situations in a game save. No luck. I may have to go to an earlier save or just start over.

Edit 2: Earlier saves don't work either, so I guess my only option may be to replay.

Odyss

[This message has been edited by Odyss (edited 10-07-2008 @ 11:33 AM).]

posted 10-07-08 13:30 EST (US)     17 / 22  
Hi Odyss Thank you for the reply. I was not trying to push you, I just wanted to know if you got my email.:-)

I will copy your reply to a note pad, and send you a reply in the mail, I gave the map another try and it crashed on me to, I think it might have something to do with the versions, this map was made with 1.3.1.

Sir_Vet
posted 02-20-09 13:09 EST (US)     18 / 22  
Hi Players, I have a new war scenario ready for posting, I would like to have it tested before posting.

"Hermitt"

This is a large map with village estates and 2 enemy AI castles, you are on a small rugged piece of land separated from the rest of the map by a working raised bridge. The only troops you can make are Knights, and you have some land by a village that has 3 stables, clicking the mount horse icon will get your Knights on horse back automatically.

More info in the "Hermitt" Thread.

Thank you!

Sir_Vet

PS: sirvetka-at-gmail-dot-com

[This message has been edited by Sir_Vet (edited 02-20-2009 @ 01:48 PM).]

posted 03-06-09 16:32 EST (US)     19 / 22  
Hello everyone. I have a new map that I would like testers for. Below is the thread for more information.

First Command - Eco/war scenario

ps...I now have the final version of this map ready for testing. I will wait a while for feedback before uploading it to the dl area.

Thanks and enjoy!!

What's with the old saying, "Like having your cake and eating it too"? That's easy.
Now, eating your cake and still having it, that's a wee bit harder to do.

[This message has been edited by Ouly (edited 04-23-2009 @ 07:56 AM).]

posted 04-21-09 14:14 EST (US)     20 / 22  
Hello Lords and Ladies.I can now announce that the finishing touches heve been added to my 'The rune of tears' scenario and is ready for playtesting.I have a few screenies in my previous announcement over in announcements of new projects for sh2/legends.There are three maps in total some really easy(just kidding) and some a tad hard.
posted 09-17-09 16:43 EST (US)     21 / 22  
Hello.

I've almost finished my latest map project in Stronghold 2.

It's name is Cold Reception and it's a War scenario. The map is large and it has three missions. It will continue the story of the Worth The While map . If you're interested in testing it, click here.

Thanks,
VictorZOU
posted 07-11-10 13:37 EST (US)     22 / 22  
Hooka hey

Ho tha Ggullhad needs 1-2 tester/s
for the first scenario of his kampaign.
Actually its a small economy one with nearly no action
Who wanna test? tell ya mail i´ll send it.

Sh2 vers 1.41

Thanks an greetz

(____)
(
o,..,o)
]
.__.[
-Evil by Nature-

[This message has been edited by The Zgullhad (edited 07-11-2010 @ 01:38 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: The Map Room » I Need Playtesters
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames