Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Silmarillion Mafia Game Thread - Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
posted 02-01-12 03:23 AM CT (US)   
Pre-Game Flavor

In that time were made those things that afterwards were most renowned of all the works of the Elves. For Fëanor, being come to his full might, was filled with a new thought, or it may be that some shadow of foreknowledge came to him of the doom that drew near; and he pondered how the light of the Trees, the glory of the Blessed Realm, might be preserved imperishable. Then he began a long and secret labour, and he summoned all his lore, and his power, and his subtle skill; and at the end of all he made the Silmarils.

As three great Jewels they were in form. But not until the End, when Fëanor shall return who perished ere the Sun was made shall it be known of what substance they were made. Like the crystal of diamonds it appeared, and yet was more strong than adamant, so that no violence could mar it or break it within the Kingdom of Arda. Yet that crystal was to the Silmarils but as is the body to the Children of Ilúvatar: the house of its inner fire, made of the blended light of the Trees of Valinor, which lives in them yet, though the Trees have long withered and shine no more. All who dwelt in Aman were filled with wonder and delight at the work of Fëanor. Mandos foretold that the fates of Arda, earth, sea, and air, lay locked within them, and the heart of Fëanor was fast bound to these things that he himself had made.
However, as Fëanor and the craftsmen of the Noldor worked with delight, the Noontide of Valinor was drawing to a close, for it came to pass that Melkor completed his term of bondage in Mandos. As he was brought before the thrones of the Valar, he sued for pardon, vowing that he would aid the Valar in all their works and the healing of the many hurts he had done to the world. Manwë granted him pardon, constraining him to dwell within the gates of Valmar. But, lusting for the Silmarils and filled with hate for Fëanor and the children of Ilúvatar, Melkor contrived how he might destroy Fëanor and end the friendship of the Valar and the Elves. Outwardly appearing friendly and offering advice that came from his skill, Melkor found some ears among the Noldor that would heed him, and his lies passed from friend to friend. Bitterly did the Noldor atone for the folly of their open ears in the days that followed after...
Introduction:

Welcome to the Silmarillion Mafia. Here you'll be able to relive the tales of J.R.R. Tolkien's great epic, recounting the history and the events that occurred before any events told in the Lord of the Rings. Tolkien was much more than just a storyteller. He was at different times a soldier, linguist, and professor, but throughout his life he had an immense imagination, spending his entire adult life creating the world of Arda, of which the Lord of the Rings was only one piece of the whole new world he created.

The Silmarillion is mostly concerned with the history of the elves and their attempts to defend themselves from Morgoth, the Dark Lord. Into this tale, you will enter and gain the opportunity to play one of the many characters of the tale. This game is rather experimental in nature, with many twists and turns and an unusual role setup. It will take all of your wits to pull off a victory, but it will be extremely fun along the way.
[c]
Rules:
  • I Am Eru Ilúvatar. Whatever I deem shall be, it shall be. If you have any issues with decisions I have made during this game, or if you have any questions, please send me an email at leif.ericson at heavengames dot com.
  • This game is closed communication. Unless granted communication with others because of your role, do not communicate with other players outside of the game thread. When distanced from each other, elves and men didn't have email available, and neither should you. (hint hint)
  • Unless specified by your role, the only information you may provide from your role email is your character, abilities, or flavor (paraphrased only). If you pass on any other information to other players, you will either be vote-restricted or modkilled, based on my discretion.
  • Do not strategize during the night phase. I would like to keep the thread open during the night, but if this rule is broken, the thread will be locked at night.
  • If you are dead, don't discuss the game.The dead cannot talk. It's not realistic.
  • As always, the HG Code of Conduct is in effect.
Game Information:
  • All roles will be assigned by random.org
  • When you receive your email, make a bolded post in this thread, using whichever language you prefer. I happen to use Elvish, fyi.
  • The game will start at night.
  • Night will last for 72 hours, with a prod sent after 48 hours are passed. If you choose not to send an action, please send me an email stating so. If you do not send an action within 72 hours, your role will be randomized. If you need longer than 72 hours, please send me an email stating how much longer you'll need.
  • When voting, please bold your vote and the player's name, like the example below. Please also note the formats for unvoting or voting no lynch. As long as they're bolded, I won't be a stickler on this, however.

Voting: Vote: Forummer X
    Unvoting: Unvote
    No lynching: Vote: No Lynch

• As much as you may hate yourself, you are not allowed to vote for yourself.
  • A vote count as well as a claim list will be recorded in the OP, for your convenience.
  • If activity slows down (impossible!), I will post a deadline and/or prod players. If you cannot continue playing, please send me an email, and I can find a replacement.
  • As stated in the introduction, the game is rather experimental, meaning the role setup is not standard. Fakeclaims will be given out to non-town roles. Thus, massclaims will not work as well in this game.
Player List
NameEmailStatusClaimed Role*Alignment*
1. Major Helpermliukkonen@hotmail.comAliveTurgon, king of Gondolin (Jailer, Cloaker)Town
2. SirDante Vinylthykillszombies at yahoo.comDeadCelegorm the Fair (Vigilante)Town/Feanorian
3. Ashrzr WRPwrp_beater(at)hotmail(dot)comAliveCurufin the Crafty (Roleblocker, Backup Inventor)Town/Feanorian
4. Sarnnelmatd at gmail.comDeadMorgoth Bauglir (Iron Watcher/Tracker)Mafia
5. Rotaretilbolollersquirrelz@gmail.comDeadGothmog (Delayed Roleblocker)Mafia
6. Mozzarella Man
Ser Periagil (mk2)
hg.periagil@hotmail.comAliveFeanor (Inventor, Vigilante)Town/Feanorian
7. Herr Heirritvikmats at gmail.comDeadUngoliant (One-shot Serial Consumer)Serial Killer
8. Devestator Maffiamaffia at heavengames.comDeadGlaurung (Designated Killer, One-shot iron)Mafia
9. WRPwrp_beater(at)hotmail(dot)comDeadTúrin Turambar (Determined Roleblocker, One-shot Vig)Town
10. Newt_Gunraymideonsworld[at]aol[dot]comAliveLuthien (Mason, JoaT)Town
11. Ser Periagilhg.periagil@hotmail.comDeadMaedhros (Delegator)Town/Feanorian
12. Vox Nihilihgcoldviper at hotmail.comDeadThingol (Watcher)Town
13. Thymolethymole@yahoo.comDeadMelian (Doctor)Town
14. CarolKarinenickfelstone at gmail.comDeadBeren (Motivator, Mason)Town
15. BastWorshipperr76michael at yahoo.comDeadMaeglin (Traitor, Spy)Mafia
16. Athens_2008buker.joshua at gmail dot comAliveFinarfin (Noble, Commuter, Unlyncher)Survivor
17. Bulba Khan Thymole (mk2)thymole at yahoo.comDeadSauron (Jack of All Trades)Mafia
18. Henrzhenrz.me at hotmail.comDeadHuan the Wolfhound (Iron Guardian)Town
19. Draconian Devilakshaydhimate[at]gmail[dot]comDeadCarcharoth (Alternating doctor and guardian)Mafia
20. Popeychopsthestrangestone at hotmail.co.ukAliveFingolfin (Politician)Town
21. RedHandedJillrighthandedjill-101@yahoo.co.ukDeadEärendil the Mariner (Governor, one-shot iron)Town
* Role characters, role abilities, and alignments in italics are claims by players that have not yet been confirmed by the moderator.
Vote Count: (4 votes required for lynch)

Replacements:

DaimondDaimondo

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 05-07-2012 @ 02:38 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-01-12 04:06 AM CT (US)     1 / 1828  

Pre-Game Flavor Write-Ups:

Pre-Game Flavor #1  Pre-Game Flavor #2  Pre-Game Post #3
Pre-Game Flavor #4

In that time were made those things that afterwards were most renowned of all the works of the Elves. For Fëanor, being come to his full might, was filled with a new thought, or it may be that some shadow of foreknowledge came to him of the doom that drew near; and he pondered how the light of the Trees, the glory of the Blessed Realm, might be preserved imperishable. Then he began a long and secret labour, and he summoned all his lore, and his power, and his subtle skill; and at the end of all he made the Silmarils.

As three great Jewels they were in form. But not until the End, when Fëanor shall return who perished ere the Sun was made shall it be known of what substance they were made. Like the crystal of diamonds it appeared, and yet was more strong than adamant, so that no violence could mar it or break it within the Kingdom of Arda. Yet that crystal was to the Silmarils but as is the body to the Children of Ilúvatar: the house of its inner fire, made of the blended light of the Trees of Valinor, which lives in them yet, though the Trees have long withered and shine no more. All who dwelt in Aman were filled with wonder and delight at the work of Fëanor. Mandos foretold that the fates of Arda, earth, sea, and air, lay locked within them, and the heart of Fëanor was fast bound to these things that he himself had made.
However, as Fëanor and the craftsmen of the Noldor worked with delight, the Noontide of Valinor was drawing to a close, for it came to pass that Melkor completed his term of bondage in Mandos. As he was brought before the thrones of the Valar, he sued for pardon, vowing that he would aid the Valar in all their works and the healing of the many hurts he had done to the world. Manwë granted him pardon, constraining him to dwell within the gates of Valmar. But, lusting for the Silmarils and filled with hate for Fëanor and the children of Ilúvatar, Melkor contrived how he might destroy Fëanor and end the friendship of the Valar and the Elves. Outwardly appearing friendly and offering advice that came from his skill, Melkor found some ears among the Noldor that would heed him, and his lies passed from friend to friend. Bitterly did the Noldor atone for the folly of their open ears in the days that followed after...

It is Night 0. Please send your actions to leif.ericson at heavengames dot com. Day starts in 72 hours.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 02-05-2012 @ 01:06 AM).]

posted 02-03-12 11:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 1828  
MY NAME IS MOZZY AND I'M HERE TO SAY
I LIKE SMOKIN' DOPE IN THE U.S.A.
I DON'T DO TWIGS AND SEEDS
MY DEALER FULFILLS MY NEEDS

WHEN I'M ON STAGE, I LET THE DJ CUT
WHEN I'M ON MY FRONT, I TAKE IT IN THE BUTT
HOLY SHIT, I DIDN'T MEAN THAT, GUYS! I PROMISE I'M STRAIGHT!
NOW, MUSCLE MAN, LET'S GO ON A DATE!
BITCH!

F***IN' BITCHES ALL NIGHT!
F***IN' MEN, ALL RIGHT!
MAN MY ASS IS REALLY TIGHT!
I'M NOT GAY! I'M OUT OF SIGHT!

I ONLY F*** GIRLS, MAN, I AIN'T GAY!
YOU SAID I TAKE IT IN THE ASS? IS THAT WHAT YOU SAY?
WELL THAT AIN'T TRUE, BRO, THAT'S JUST SICK
NOW PULL DOWN THEM SHORTS AND LEMME SEE YOUR DICK!

*drops mic*

I'M OUT, FAGS

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 02-03-12 11:29 PM CT (US)     3 / 1828  

Disclaimer: The above post is a joke. Do not take anything said literally.

[This message has been created by Athens_2008 (created 01-01-1970 @ 01:00 AM).]
posted 02-03-12 11:31 PM CT (US)     4 / 1828  
(If I interpret his actions correctly, please find a replacement for mozz, and delete these three posts.)

posted 02-03-12 11:38 PM CT (US)     5 / 1828  
1. You don't delete posts all willy-nilly.
2. You read it. I told you my name is Mozzy; not "mozz".
3. No, I'm not out of the game.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 02-03-12 11:51 PM CT (US)     6 / 1828  
So am I wrong for being bothered with you posting some random shit during the night which is fairly offensive? I couldn't see anyone being serious with that kind of post.

Also I prefer mozz.

Seeing as your...serious? I guess it would be best just to get rid of the posts. They contribute nothing to the game at hand, and are fairly annoying IMO.

posted 02-03-12 11:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 1828  
****IN' BITCHES BY THE HOUR
NOW I NEED A SHOWER
SUDS UP, RINSE OUT, TURN UP THE WATER POWER
MOTHER****IN' PUNK EMCEES BETTER COWER

BACK IN THE SHOWER AND I GOT THE SOAP
MUSCULAR MEN IN HERE AND I GOT HOPE
LOSE MY GRIP AND DROP THAT BAR
RAM ME, BUBBA, WITH YOUR BIG BLACK CANDYBAR!

I AIN'T GAY, THOUGH, DON'T FORGET
I TAKE IT UP THE ASS, BUT WHO DOES-N'T?
IF YOU CALL ME A HOMO, YOU BETTER WATCH OUT
'CAUSE I'LL SUCK YO' DICK, HAVE NO DOUBT

TAKIN' IT UP THE ASS, I AIM TO PLEASE
STING THAT BUT LIKE A GANGBANG OF BEES
WHIP MY BACK LIKE MY MAN J.C.
BACK TO THE GOLDEN SHOWER 'CAUSE WE LIKE DAT PEE

*drops mic*

I'M OUT, FAGS

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 02-04-2012 @ 02:13 AM).]

posted 02-03-12 11:54 PM CT (US)     8 / 1828  
Love you too mate.

(On a serious note, what the frak?)

posted 02-04-12 00:16 AM CT (US)     9 / 1828  
The deadline for actions is supposed to be in less than 12 hours, but since it's the beginning of the game and I won't be able to do the writeup until tomorrow evening, I will extend the deadline.

All actions must be sent by 9:00 PM forum time (EST) tomorrow (February 4th), or they will either be randomized or not executed at my discretion.

I will be sending out emails later tonight to those whose actions I haven't received.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-04-12 02:20 AM CT (US)     10 / 1828  
ATHENS TWO DOUBLE-OH EIGHT CAN SUCK MY DICK
BEND ME OVER AND STICK ME WITH A STICK
SPANK MY ASS, IT'S HOW I GET MY KICKS
SPANK MY ASS WITH YOUR BARBED WIRE MITTS

GANGBANGIN' MOTHER****ERS IN THE BACK ALLEY
RIDIN' THE HERSHEY HIGHWAY BACK TO CALI
UP TO N.W. TO GET SOME LUMBERJACK LOVE
DOWN TO MEXICO TO GET A LATINO SHOVE

ASH TAKES ME FROM BEHIND AND TREATS ME WRONG
MAJOR BANGIN' FROM THE FRONT AND BEATS THAT DONG
JAPANESE FANTASIES INVOLIN' DEM GONGS
GONNA GET HIGH, GONNA TOKE DAT BONG

MOTHER****ERS TRYIN' TO PLAYA HATE
WON'T LET YOU IN THROUGH MY BACK GATE
UNLESS YOU GOT THAT DICK, MAYBE MAKE AN EXCEPTION
WE GOTTA GO DEEPER JUST LIKE I N C E P T I O N

*drops mic*

I'M OUT, FAGS

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-04-12 06:14 AM CT (US)     11 / 1828  
Seriously...

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 02-04-12 07:24 AM CT (US)     12 / 1828  
posted 02-04-12 08:20 AM CT (US)     13 / 1828  
Clearly, Mozzy has a post-restriction of some kind. For LotR readers -- which character raps about being gay?

EE forever
posted 02-04-12 09:30 AM CT (US)     14 / 1828  
Post restrictions are usually applicated during the day. I mean, if you can't post at night, why make a post restriction forcing to post at night?

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 02-04-12 09:31 AM CT (US)     15 / 1828  
Woops, I hope I don't get modkilled.

posted 02-04-12 09:44 AM CT (US)     16 / 1828  
He's just bored.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 02-04-12 10:57 AM CT (US)     17 / 1828  
And when Mozzy's bored, he labors to lower our opinion of him as much as possible, because I guess that's mildly entertaining.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 02-04-12 11:05 AM CT (US)     18 / 1828  
BECAUSE I STRIVE TO KNOW WHAT ROT THINKS OF ME
I'M A SEATTLEITE, BITCH, I DON'T DRINK TEA
COFFEE'S JUST FINE, I NEED THAT CAFFEINE
IT DON'T STUNT MY GROWTH IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-04-12 12:47 PM CT (US)     19 / 1828  

All in favor of lynching him on day one, if he doesn't get mod-killed, or killed by scum / vig?

posted 02-04-12 01:00 PM CT (US)     20 / 1828  
Leif, If you could please lock the game thread during the night from now on, that would be appreciated.

posted 02-04-12 02:58 PM CT (US)     21 / 1828  
Athens, Mozzy is indeed being a tool but people will get annoyed if you try to act with authority without any street cred.
posted 02-04-12 03:49 PM CT (US)     22 / 1828  
I don't see how he's being a tool cause all that is pretty funny.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 02-04-12 05:04 PM CT (US)     23 / 1828  
I think it just comes across as retarded tbh.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 02-04-12 05:25 PM CT (US)     24 / 1828  
There's a line between vulgar and sly. This falls too far to the vulgar side.
posted 02-04-12 06:09 PM CT (US)     25 / 1828  
I'm just resigned to it. I have no strong opinions either way.

I'm part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 02-04-12 06:29 PM CT (US)     26 / 1828  
I didn't like it and there isn't a worse place for that than this thread. It's like sacriledge.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 02-04-12 06:44 PM CT (US)     27 / 1828  
I'm locking the thread until Day starts. I want you all to forget this by the time the game has started.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-05-12 02:40 AM CT (US)     28 / 1828  
So I'm guessing it's Day.

Vote: Athens

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-05-12 02:55 AM CT (US)     29 / 1828  
I had to unlock the thread to write the night post, which is almost finished.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-05-12 03:26 AM CT (US)     30 / 1828  
Night 0

Thus, Melkor remained among the Noldor Elves, teaching them skills and secretly passing lies through their number. One of these lies created division between Fëanor and Fingolfin, sons of Finwë. Melkor's lies also caused some of the Noldor to doubt the Valar’s intentions to bring the Elves to Valinor, and they began to resent the Valar, among them Fëanor. This was all according to Melkor's design, for Melkor greatly coveted the Silmarils Fëanor had crafted. Eventually, Melkor's lies were discovered, but he escaped before the Valar could catch him. To heal the hurts that had arisen among the Noldor, Manwë declared a great feast, and invited all the Elves to attend, including Fëanor. Taking advantage of Fëanor's absence from his hall, Melkor stole the Silmarils from Fëanor's vault and retreated to Angband.

Meanwhile, in Doriath within the land of Beleriand, the Sindar Elves under Thingol and Melian encountered the Naugrim, the Dwarves, and although the relations between the two races were always cold, both races profited from each other. It was the assistance of the Dwarves that enabled the Sindar to construct the beautiful city of Menegroth. In time, orcs of Melkor from Angband multiplied, and the Dwarves alerted the Sindar of their presence. However, the Sindar hardly had time to mount a defense before a sudden great orc army came into Beleriand and assailed King Thingol, surrounding Menegroth on both sides. Thus, the first battle in the Wars of Beleriand was fought, and it did not end well for the Sindar. Thingol was slain in that battle, and Melian departed from Middle Earth and came to Valinor, mourning the loss of her husband.
Meanwhile, in Valinor, foreboding events began to brew. At Morgoth’s theft of the Silmarils and the murder of his father, Fëanor renamed Melkor “Morgoth”, the Black Enemy. In wrath, he persuaded some of the Noldor to follow him to Middle Earth to recover the Silmarils. He and his sons vowed in the name of Ilúvatar to reclaim the Silmarils from Morgoth, swearing to fight anyone and everyone who withheld the Silmarils from Fëanor and his family. To reach Middle Earth, Fëanor demanded the Teleri Elves the use of their ships. When they refused, Fëanor and the Noldor attacked them and stole their ships, burning the ships upon arriving in Middle Earth so that Fingolfin's followers couldn't use them. This action forced Fingolfin and his host to brave the crossing of Helcaraxë to the north.
Thus, the Noldor under Fëanor arrived in Middle Earth in the time of the Sindar's greatest need. Without delay, Fëanor's host made encampment by the long lake of Mithrim. But the host of Morgoth came through the passes of Ered Wethrin and waylaid Fëanor before his camp was full-wrought or put in defense. It was there on the grey fields of Mithrim that was fought the Dagor-nuin-Giliath, the Second Battle of the Wars or Beleriand. Despite being taken at unawares, the Noldor were victorious because of the light of Aman within them. Afterward, an embassy came to Fëanor and his sons from Morgoth, acknowledging defeat, and offering terms, even to the surrender of a Silmaril. The Noldor agreed to meet Morgoth's emissaries at the place appointed. Although the Noldor came with a larger force than was agreed, Morgoth sent even more, among them Balrogs. Maedhros, son of Fëanor, was ambushed, and all his company were slain; but he himself was taken alive by the command of Morgoth, and brought to Angband.

Then the Noldor drew back, but Morgoth held Maedhros as hostage, sending word that he would not release him unless the Noldor would forsake their war. However, bound to the oath they had taken, Fëanor and his sons could not forsake the war against their Enemy. Therefore, Morgoth took Maedhros and hung him from the face of a precipice upon Thangorodrim, the mountains of Angband, caught to the rock by the wrist of his right hand in a band of steel. And there Maedhros perished.

Enemy forces also attempted to take others back as hostages, but when they did not find those they were looking for.

Elu Thingol, played by Vox Nihili, has died. He was aligned with the Town.

Thingol was a watcher who could target one player each night to see which other player(s) targeted this player. Also, if he possessed a Silmaril, his watcher ability would have become a stronger Watcher/Tracker hybrid, learning who targeted his target, as well as who his target targeted that night.
Melian the Maia, played by Thymole, has died. She was aligned with the Town.

Melian was a doctor who could protect a player from all kills for that night. Also, if Thingol possessed a Silmaril, Melian would gain a one-shot investigation ability, which she could use as long as Thingol was still alive.
Maedhros the Tall, played by Ser Periagil, has died. He was aligned with the Town, bound to the Oath of Fëanor.

Maedhros was a delegator. When a non-scum member died, he could delegate the dead player's role to another player. The targeted player would then be able to use a weakened version of the dead player's role (usually one-shot) in addition to their normal role, starting the following night.
Someone tried to kill Athens_2008, but failed.

It is now Day 1. There are 18 players alive, so 10 votes are required for a lynch.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 02-05-2012 @ 03:51 AM).]

posted 02-05-12 03:29 AM CT (US)     31 / 1828  
Lief! You thief!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-05-12 03:50 AM CT (US)     32 / 1828  
The Cimmerian is not pleased.

In other news we seem to have a shit ton of killers.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 02-05-12 03:52 AM CT (US)     33 / 1828  
Lief! You thief!
What are you talking about?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-05-12 04:00 AM CT (US)     34 / 1828  
AY, YO, LIEF, I GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU
GOT A FEW SCENARIOS, WHICH ONE'S TRUE?
IT'S NOT REAL 'PORTANT; IT'S NOT PAST DUE
SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING I'M A WANNABE-JEW

IT'S BETTER TO READ NUMBERS ONE, TWO, THREE
****IN' LORD OF THE RINGS

This is really hard to do when it's not about being a homophobic gay man. I think I should become a Republican politician.

Anyway, should I read LOTR before or after The Silmarillion? I've already read The Hobbit.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-05-12 04:07 AM CT (US)     35 / 1828  
It's off topic, but whatever.

The Silmarillion basically tells the history of the elves in narrative form, as well as giving a broader perspective of the world they all live in. However, the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion are rather independent from each other, plotwise. The story in the Silmarillion doesn't depend on knowledge of the Lord of the Rings. So, it really depends on if you like backstory (Silmarillion), or if you like straight storytelling (LoTR). Both books have probably about as much action though, and I actually found The Silmarillion easier to get into.

TLDR:

You're playing in this game, so read The Silmarillion first. The Hobbit gives you enough of an introduction to the races, creatures, and places in Middle Earth that you'd need to know.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 02-05-2012 @ 04:12 AM).]

posted 02-05-12 04:36 AM CT (US)     36 / 1828  
Those are so many kills!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
posted 02-05-12 04:37 AM CT (US)     37 / 1828  
But I mean, regardless of the game, which is better to read first? Would it be better to read LOTR and then Silm? Or would it be better to read Silm and then LOTR? Or does it just not matter?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-05-12 04:40 AM CT (US)     38 / 1828  
Wow. So there are 4 possible killers out there by the look of it. We've lost so good roles too. Like the Doctor and the Delegator would have been really helpful.
I don't know enough about the common roles, but does this suggest there is a second Mafia? I've never seem so many kills in one night.

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
posted 02-05-12 04:43 AM CT (US)     39 / 1828  
Judging by the number of players, I think it's clear that there are several factions.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 02-05-12 04:53 AM CT (US)     40 / 1828  
But I mean, regardless of the game, which is better to read first? Would it be better to read LOTR and then Silm? Or would it be better to read Silm and then LOTR? Or does it just not matter?
It doesn't really matter. I preferred The Silmarillion slightly more, but Lord of the Rings is probably more important since it's brought up more often. I will say that a fair number of people get bored at the start of the Lord of the Rings, so you have to be a patient reader to get through that part.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-05-12 05:25 AM CT (US)     41 / 1828  
So people have started to zap me Night 0 instead of Herr.

I'm satisfied.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 02-05-12 06:01 AM CT (US)     42 / 1828  
Or Herr is a killer!...wait, multiple factions, nevermind. And here I thought I was on to something...

/joke

Anyways, looking at the flavor, Morgoth/Melkor and his followers would make sense as a mafia, Ungoliant would fit as a SK, but that still leaves at least one kill unaccounted for (if the mafia have a one-shot kill they used, two if they didn't). Maybe the dwarves are a faction? Or there are trigger-happy vigs?

Any vigs who fired last night, claim now.

"The Dreaming God thinks that Carol should treat his impotence with viagra so that he will be more enthusiastic about the game." - Ash
posted 02-05-12 06:21 AM CT (US)     43 / 1828  
What a bad, bad night for us.

I must say that the amount of kills (plus the attempted one) is quite shocking indeed, as I can't for the life of me think of any other possible mafia factions than Melkor and his crew.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 02-05-12 06:27 AM CT (US)     44 / 1828  
Crap, we lost a lot of good roles. How many damn killers are there?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 02-05-12 07:13 AM CT (US)     45 / 1828  
Holy crap.

posted 02-05-12 08:10 AM CT (US)     46 / 1828  
Well, this seems like as good a time as any to come out.

I am Finarfin, a Third Party Survivor. My exact win condition is: "You must survive until the end of the game."

My roles include: Noble, Commuter, Unlyncher.

My commuter ability has been confirmed, seeing as someone didn't like me. (Mozzy? -_-)

To confirm my noble, Vote: Mozzy

My Unlyncher role, means I know, and must protect my brother Fingolfin, lest I lose my commuter ability. For now, I will not reveal who they are for their, and my own protection (unless it is deemed necessary).

posted 02-05-12 08:15 AM CT (US)     47 / 1828  
Christ on his cross.
4 kills means at least two mafia/cult factions, a serial killer and a stupid vig.
I'd expect two 3-man mafias or a 3-man mafia and a cult, with a serial killer which would give us roughly 1/3 scum.

I must admit I thought mozzy's rap was annoying.
Vote: Mozzy

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 02-05-12 08:19 AM CT (US)     48 / 1828  
On second thought, Unvote
Too soon to be lynching people for the sake of it.

posted 02-05-12 08:22 AM CT (US)     49 / 1828  
Popey, can you hold up for a second, trying to confirm my noble, then we can go ahead an lynch mozzy. (He isn't being useful, even if he IS town.)

posted 02-05-12 08:23 AM CT (US)     50 / 1828  
Thank you.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Silmarillion Mafia Game Thread - Endgame
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames