Count Mummolus
dsmi1
Arkrai
Crue Knight

NEWS - October 9st, 2009

• Prods were sent out for Day 9.
  • The game is now LYNCH OR LOSE.
  • Count Mummolus replaces Shrink.

These (Aztecs) then came and I told them to observe how they could not triumph, and how each day we did them great harm and killed many of them and we were burning and destroying their city; and that we would not cease until there was nothing left either of it or of them. They replied that they had indeed seen how much they had suffered and how many of them had died, but that they were all determined to perish or have done with us, and that I should look and see how full of people were all those streets and squares and roof tops. Furthermore, they had calculated that if 25,000 of them died for every one of us, they would finish with us first, for they were many and we were but few. - Hernan Cortes (1519)

How do I contact Kyle Santos? - lanochetristemafia@gmail.com

Alive - email:

5. Blatant, Shrink Count Mummolus v2.0 - imperialpropaganda@gmail.com
    12. Arvedui dsmi1 v2.0- daleysmith@hotmail.com
    15. Survivor Fo Sho Arkrai - arkrai2@gmail.com
    22. Crue Knight - crueknight [hat] inbox [hot] com

---------------------------------------------------------

Dead:

1. Baske - Quixpoteca, a Tlaxcalan thief. - Killed Night 0
    2. The Dark Archer James Hook - Huitzilíhuitl, an Aztec 'traitor recruiter'. - Lynched on Day 1.
    3. dsmi1, Pánfilo de Narváez, a vanilla townie. - Killed Night 1
    4. Drinian - Tezozomoc, an Aztec Mafia Bodyguard. - Lynched on Day 2.
    5. NomadicNoodle, Amerigo Vezquaino, a vigilante (odd nights). - Killed Night 2
    6. Droideka, Antonio Villafaña, a vigilante (even nights). - Killed Night 3
    7. Rot Dudis, Juan de Grijalva, a vanilla townie. - Lynched on Day 4.
    8. Beezlebub, Hernan Cortes, a mason, 1st navigator of causeways, with the ability to use 'builders' to evade ambushes, with a 1 shot day kill, town leader. - Killed Night 4
    9. Count Mummolus, Netzahualcoyotl, a vanilla townie 'activated' doctor (odd nights) - lynched on Day 5
    10. Catabre NomadicNoodle v2.0, Jeronimo de Aguilar, a vanilla townie. - Died during an ambush Night 5
    11. Pit_King Julius999, Xincotitlan, a town cop with the ability to investigate innocence or guilt - Killed Night 5
    12. Azur, Jacqui, Dudis Droideka v2.0, Tlacaelel, a Traitor - lynched on Day 6
    13. Brighty, Pedro de Alvarado, vanilla townie 'activated' town's 2nd navigator - Killed Night 6
    14. DragonQ, Xicotencatl, an Aztec mafia roleblocker (odd nights) - lynched on Day 7
    15. Shanks13, Botello, a vanilla townie 'activated' 3rd/last town navigator - Killed by ambush Night 7
    16. Azzie Henrz, Ahuitzotl, an Aztec mafia roleblocker (even nights) - lynched on Day 8
    17. Ashrzr, La Malinche, a mason/bodyguard - Killed Night 8
    18. Heir of Elessar, Francisco Lopez de Gomara, a vanilla townie - Killed by ambush Night 8
    19. GoSailing, Cuitlahuac, Aztec Mafia Godfather - Lynched Day 9

---------------------------------------------------------

Replacements:
    a.
    b.
    c.

Map of Tenochtitlan and its causeways.

Night & Day recaps:

Night 0
    Day 1 lynch
    Night 1
    Day 2 lynch
    Night 2
    Day 3 lynch
    Night 3
    Day 4 lynch
    Night 4
    Day 5 lynch
    Night 5
    Day 6 lynch
    Day 7 lynch
    Night 7
    Day 8 lynch
    Night 8

[This message has been edited by Kyle Santos (edited 10-22-2009 @ 04:26 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-30-09 11:32 PM CT (US)     801 / 1617  
    Anyone willing to bet on the fact that we have Montezuma's bodyguard right here? That wiki page was highly informative, Brighty.

My vote stays.
    Lynching anybody based on their name alone should be avoided, IMO, unless it is an exact match with a primary historical Aztec from the historical La Noche Triste.
    Yeah, well, shaving three letters off of the end of a name and that's dealt with. I do not buy his claim at all.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 07-01-09 01:20 AM CT (US)     802 / 1617  
    We got till Friday to decide.
    Btw, DragonQ, what was your advice?

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    Proof that Noodle is a typical tea-drinking British
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Enlightenment is only one click away
    posted 07-01-09 03:14 AM CT (US)     803 / 1617  
    unvote:whoever
    Vote: Drinian

Yes, it's pretty suspicious that a Tlaxcalan, who according to the wiki may even be Aztec, is a bodyguard.

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
    Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
    Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
    posted 07-01-09 09:12 AM CT (US)     804 / 1617  
    Yes, it's pretty suspicious that a Tlaxcalan, who according to the wiki may even be Aztec, is a bodyguard.
    Why? Bodyguard is a role name. Basically I just protect somebody with my life each night.
    Anyone willing to bet on the fact that we have Montezuma's bodyguard right here? That wiki page was highly informative, Brighty.
    The wiki page does not match me.

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
    posted 07-01-09 11:31 AM CT (US)     805 / 1617  
    I'm gonna be gone til monday, so I leave it up to you guys to decide. You get my vote in case though.

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
    Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
    Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
    posted 07-02-09 06:01 PM CT (US)     806 / 1617  
    *still reading*

The question about his roleclaim is how accurately we think Santos was in creating this game.

"First, Jackpb isn't in the game. (Check the list of players in the main post). Thus, Night Actions targetting him/her will never come to fruition.", Dragon Lance Mafia.
    posted 07-02-09 06:57 PM CT (US)     807 / 1617  

With 20 players alive it will take 11 votes to lynch.
    ---------------------------------------
    (# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(0) NomadicNoodle - by none
    (0) Pit_King - by none
    (0) Azur - by none
    (0) Catabre - by none
    (0) Blatant - by none
    (2) DragonQ - by NomadicNoodle, Drinian
    (0) Count Mummolus - by none
    (0) Droideka - by none
    (0) GoSailing - by none
    (1) Ashrzr - by Brighty
    (0) Beezlebub - by none
    (0) Arvedui - by none
    (0) Shanks - by none
    (0) Arkrai - by none
    (5) Drinian - by Arkrai, Heir of Elissar, Beezlebub, Droideka, Crue Knight
    (2) Heir of Elessar - by GoSailing, DragonQ
    (0) Rot - by none
    (0) Azzie - by none
    (0) Crue Knight - by none
    (0) Brighty - by none
    --------------------------------
    Not Voting: Azur, Catabre,
    Blatant, Count Mummolus, GoSailing, Ashrzr, dsmi1 II, Shanks, Henrz, Azzie, Dudis, Ashrzr, Jacqui, Julius999.

=================================
    *NEWS*
  • Deadline imposed Friday July 3rd 12:00pm 2009
  • If a deadline is reached, then there will be a no lynch and night will proceed without Sunset.

• posted 07-02-09 11:35 PM CT (US)     808 / 1617  
    posted 07-03-09 00:11 AM CT (US)     809 / 1617  
    Based on Santos' past mafias, including the similarly-themed New World Mafia, I don't really buy Drinian's role.

Unvote
    Vote Drinian

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
    posted 07-03-09 01:57 AM CT (US)     810 / 1617  
    So, we need three more votes for a lynch, right?
    The question about his roleclaim is how accurately we think Santos was in creating this game.
    I think I read somewhere that Santos is a history major. He'd have to be highly accurate in this then, cause his reputation would be at stake if he got something wrong.

I may be horribly wrong about this, of course.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 07-03-09 02:40 AM CT (US)     811 / 1617  
    I think I read somewhere that Santos is a history major. He'd have to be highly accurate in this then, cause his reputation would be at stake if he got something wrong.
    Yeah, I would not be able to look at Santos the same way if he got something wrong in this Mafia...

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 07-03-09 03:27 AM CT (US)     812 / 1617  
    Going from "he's a history major" to "so this must be completely historically accurate" isn't necessarily a valid conclusion. He could just as easily have played with the theme to how he, as an objective observer, would have liked it to be, or how he thinks it could have been if something was different, or even just to have fun with it.

Now, there have been indications that it is at least based on provable historical fact, but I don't know so much if every minute detail is historically accurate.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 07-03-09 03:39 AM CT (US)     813 / 1617  
    Le deadline is approaching, it's now or never.
    I'm for a lynch, because lynching possess analytical value plus it generate discussion and possibly leads.

Hmm, you sure are quite strongly against this, GoSailings. And it's obvious what I am going to say. You might be right, but FoS on you, sir.

Just to make sure... Unvote Vote: Drinian

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    posted 07-03-09 03:39 AM CT (US)     814 / 1617  
    Going from "he's a history major" to "so this must be completely historically accurate" isn't necessarily a valid conclusion. He could just as easily have played with the theme to how he, as an objective observer, would have liked it to be, or how he thinks it could have been if something was different, or even just to have fun with it.

Now, there have been indications that it is at least based on provable historical fact, but I don't know so much if every minute detail is historically accurate.
    I know, but with a deadline I think a No Lynch at this point will hurt the town. Intrestingly enough you did not vote for him. I assume you have a good reason not to.

Let me ask you this, do you find Drinian sufficiently town enough to justify having a No Lynch?

posted 07-03-09 03:40 AM CT (US)     815 / 1617  
    I will FoS: GoSailing

posted 07-03-09 08:00 AM CT (US)     816 / 1617  
    7 hours left.

or when I wake up
    posted 07-03-09 08:02 AM CT (US)     817 / 1617  
    And we still need two more votes. Come on people!

posted 07-03-09 08:59 AM CT (US)     818 / 1617  
    Dammit i keep forgetting about this mafia! I guess were lynching Dranian?

Voteranian

Thats what you get for voting me in Moon Mafia

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
    72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
    "I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
    " I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
    "Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
    posted 07-03-09 09:31 AM CT (US)     819 / 1617  

I may be horribly wrong about this, of course.
    By your own logic my RC is sound. I've claimed something DIFFERENT than what the wiki has, but you're lynching my based on the wiki. My name is different, but you're lynching me based on its similarity.

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
    posted 07-03-09 10:23 AM CT (US)     820 / 1617  
    Better than a no lynch I guess.

Vote: Drinian

EE forever
    posted 07-03-09 11:05 AM CT (US)     821 / 1617  
    Vote: Drinian. I'm not really sure why, but people seem to think so...

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 07-03-09 11:09 AM CT (US)     822 / 1617  
    Well, that's a lynch.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 07-03-09 12:44 PM CT (US)     823 / 1617  
    Hmm, you sure are quite strongly against this, GoSailings. And it's obvious what I am going to say. You might be right, but FoS on you, sir.
    I'm not really all that against it at all, actually. I still point out flaws in arguments, even if they are arguments that agree with my own views. Leaving irresponsible arguments uncombatted to then help determine a lynch would be the utmost in irresponsibility.
    Let me ask you this, do you find Drinian sufficiently town enough to justify having a No Lynch?
    No, not really. I'm simply saying that your logic is flawed.
    I will FoS: GoSailing
    Meh, can't say I'm surprised. You've voted for or accused nearly everybody else already.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 07-03-09 12:46 PM CT (US)     824 / 1617  
    Anyways, just to be sure and so that Droid doesn't yell "OMG you still didn't vote!!!1!", I'll Vote: Drinian.

posted 07-03-09 01:00 PM CT (US)     825 / 1617  
    Anyways, just to be sure and so that Droid doesn't yell "OMG you still didn't vote!!!1!", I'll Vote: Drinian.
    Meh, not sure that's going to save you at this point anyway.

posted 07-03-09 04:40 PM CT (US)     826 / 1617  
    I'm having to shift houses, so I might not be able to post from Sunday through to Friday. I might be able to post between Sunday and Friday, but that has a very high possibility of not happening. Sorry!

I hope I'm not replaced because of a 4-day absence, but its ok if the mod considers it necessary.

I posted this in the AFK thread too, but just in case.

Anyways, I think it is going to be night, so I might not miss out on that much of the game.

posted 07-03-09 07:19 PM CT (US)     827 / 1617  
    That's a lynch. Post coming soon.
    posted 07-03-09 07:32 PM CT (US)     828 / 1617  

Drinian has been lynched.

Drinian: 11 voters = (Arkrai, Heir of Elissar, Beezlebub, Droideka, Crue Knight, Brighty, Count Mummolus, Dudis, Ashrzr, Henrz, GoSailing)

--------------------------------------------------------

The players gathered around Drinian before the day could end and were certain that he wasn't who he said he was.

Drinian, playing as the Aztec goon Tezozomoc, a Mafia Bodyguard, has been lynched.

It is now Sunset. Night will begin soon. You may discuss today's events.
    posted 07-03-09 07:35 PM CT (US)     829 / 1617  
    Hell yes, excactly what we thought you were

posted 07-03-09 07:36 PM CT (US)     830 / 1617  
    Night actions may be submitted right now as well as when night starts.
    Day will begin in 48 hours or when all night actions have been submitted.

• Heir of Elessar, noted, I will not replace you, but realize you're fair game if day starts and you're not around. Thanks for letting us know!

[This message has been edited by Kyle Santos (edited 07-03-2009 @ 07:39 PM).]

• posted 07-03-09 08:01 PM CT (US)     831 / 1617  
    Two scum down already!

Droid, who are you planning to take out tonight? (if anyone)
    posted 07-03-09 08:05 PM CT (US)     832 / 1617  
    Hmm, I wonder what that say about GoSailings...

posted 07-03-09 08:25 PM CT (US)     833 / 1617  
    GG, didn't think too much before RCing. Making up a fake name would have been a pain and I didn't have a whole lot of time.

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
    posted 07-03-09 08:38 PM CT (US)     834 / 1617  
    Good job everyone. Bad luck Drinian.
    posted 07-03-09 09:02 PM CT (US)     835 / 1617  
    Prob GoSailing.

posted 07-03-09 09:56 PM CT (US)     836 / 1617  
    posted 07-03-09 10:22 PM CT (US)     837 / 1617  
    Yeah, go for it.
    The Great Brighty has spoken!

posted 07-03-09 10:22 PM CT (US)     838 / 1617  
    It is Night.
    posted 07-03-09 11:59 PM CT (US)     839 / 1617  
    Prob GoSailing.
    Because I I pointed out an invalid conclusion? Yes, thats an excellent reason to night kill somebody with no planning from town.

posted 07-04-09 00:05 AM CT (US)     840 / 1617  
    Oh, I'd had the thread open for a couple hours when I went downstairs to fix my parent's computer. My apologies on the post during night, I didn't update and see your post, Santos. Say the word and I can edit my post, or any other global admin who may beat me to it.

posted 07-04-09 03:53 AM CT (US)     841 / 1617  
    I knew we had the Mafia bodyguard!

And thanks, Santos. I'll definitely be back by Friday. Sorry to be doing this, but we received the news that we'd have to shift only yesterday, so there was no way I could've let anyone know in advance.

posted 07-04-09 07:58 AM CT (US)     842 / 1617  
    Night post whispers are fine...not game related.
    posted 07-05-09 05:15 PM CT (US)     843 / 1617  
    The people residing in Tenochtitlan awake again to discover 1 of their own are missing:

NomadicNoodle, Amerigo Vezquaino, a vigilante (odd nights) has been killed.

An ambush was ready on one of the causeways, but the escapees did not choose the same causeway.

------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Day 3.
    18 players are alive.
    10 votes are required for a lynch.

posted 07-05-09 05:28 PM CT (US)     844 / 1617  
    Ah monkeytrumpets.

Best of luck Town.
    posted 07-05-09 06:44 PM CT (US)     845 / 1617  
    Bad luck Noodle. Droid, did you try to kill anyone last night? Finally did our cop (Pit_King/Julius) get a result last night?
    posted 07-05-09 09:31 PM CT (US)     846 / 1617  
    I didn't target anyone last night. Was trying to see if I was going to be RB'ed for saying I was going to kill Sailing.

I too would like to hear from our Cop. If he wasn't RB'ed then I was most likely the target.

Tough luck Noodle

I think the Mafia RB'ed me and killed Noodle so they wouldn't have to deal with him tonight...

posted 07-06-09 02:53 AM CT (US)     847 / 1617  
    Ha! Mafia! I win yet again! Your ambushes fail in my wake!
    Sorry, just have to put that in their face.

posted 07-06-09 03:15 AM CT (US)     848 / 1617  
    Vote: GoSailing

You acted very suspiciously yesterday.

posted 07-06-09 05:49 AM CT (US)     849 / 1617  
    Oui, sir, claim please. It's required for the person whom you strongly defended happened to be an Aztec.

Vote: GoSailings

posted 07-06-09 12:14 PM CT (US)     850 / 1617  
    I too would like to hear from our Cop. If he wasn't RB'ed then I was most likely the target.
    I was not roleblocked this time. I've been reading through the thread from the beginning and found Catabre's early behaviour mildly suspicious (post 185 among others).

He was innocent.

Droideka came across more as inept than scummy, so I did not investigate him.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » ۞ La Noche Trista Mafia ۞ Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames