Count Mummolus
dsmi1
Arkrai
Crue Knight

NEWS - October 9st, 2009

• Prods were sent out for Day 9.
  • The game is now LYNCH OR LOSE.
  • Count Mummolus replaces Shrink.

These (Aztecs) then came and I told them to observe how they could not triumph, and how each day we did them great harm and killed many of them and we were burning and destroying their city; and that we would not cease until there was nothing left either of it or of them. They replied that they had indeed seen how much they had suffered and how many of them had died, but that they were all determined to perish or have done with us, and that I should look and see how full of people were all those streets and squares and roof tops. Furthermore, they had calculated that if 25,000 of them died for every one of us, they would finish with us first, for they were many and we were but few. - Hernan Cortes (1519)

How do I contact Kyle Santos? - lanochetristemafia@gmail.com

Alive - email:

5. Blatant, Shrink Count Mummolus v2.0 - imperialpropaganda@gmail.com
    12. Arvedui dsmi1 v2.0- daleysmith@hotmail.com
    15. Survivor Fo Sho Arkrai - arkrai2@gmail.com
    22. Crue Knight - crueknight [hat] inbox [hot] com

---------------------------------------------------------

Dead:

1. Baske - Quixpoteca, a Tlaxcalan thief. - Killed Night 0
    2. The Dark Archer James Hook - Huitzilíhuitl, an Aztec 'traitor recruiter'. - Lynched on Day 1.
    3. dsmi1, Pánfilo de Narváez, a vanilla townie. - Killed Night 1
    4. Drinian - Tezozomoc, an Aztec Mafia Bodyguard. - Lynched on Day 2.
    5. NomadicNoodle, Amerigo Vezquaino, a vigilante (odd nights). - Killed Night 2
    6. Droideka, Antonio Villafaña, a vigilante (even nights). - Killed Night 3
    7. Rot Dudis, Juan de Grijalva, a vanilla townie. - Lynched on Day 4.
    8. Beezlebub, Hernan Cortes, a mason, 1st navigator of causeways, with the ability to use 'builders' to evade ambushes, with a 1 shot day kill, town leader. - Killed Night 4
    9. Count Mummolus, Netzahualcoyotl, a vanilla townie 'activated' doctor (odd nights) - lynched on Day 5
    10. Catabre NomadicNoodle v2.0, Jeronimo de Aguilar, a vanilla townie. - Died during an ambush Night 5
    11. Pit_King Julius999, Xincotitlan, a town cop with the ability to investigate innocence or guilt - Killed Night 5
    12. Azur, Jacqui, Dudis Droideka v2.0, Tlacaelel, a Traitor - lynched on Day 6
    13. Brighty, Pedro de Alvarado, vanilla townie 'activated' town's 2nd navigator - Killed Night 6
    14. DragonQ, Xicotencatl, an Aztec mafia roleblocker (odd nights) - lynched on Day 7
    15. Shanks13, Botello, a vanilla townie 'activated' 3rd/last town navigator - Killed by ambush Night 7
    16. Azzie Henrz, Ahuitzotl, an Aztec mafia roleblocker (even nights) - lynched on Day 8
    17. Ashrzr, La Malinche, a mason/bodyguard - Killed Night 8
    18. Heir of Elessar, Francisco Lopez de Gomara, a vanilla townie - Killed by ambush Night 8
    19. GoSailing, Cuitlahuac, Aztec Mafia Godfather - Lynched Day 9

---------------------------------------------------------

Replacements:
    a.
    b.
    c.

Map of Tenochtitlan and its causeways.

Night & Day recaps:

Night 0
    Day 1 lynch
    Night 1
    Day 2 lynch
    Night 2
    Day 3 lynch
    Night 3
    Day 4 lynch
    Night 4
    Day 5 lynch
    Night 5
    Day 6 lynch
    Day 7 lynch
    Night 7
    Day 8 lynch
    Night 8

[This message has been edited by Kyle Santos (edited 10-22-2009 @ 04:26 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-09-09 08:06 PM CT (US)     551 / 1617  
    Really, Droid? I'd like you to be in this situation, have about half an hour to make a RC, and not get lynched, with absolutely no support from your mafia, not following the thread, and not exactly knowing what the hell Noche Trista is. So, I highly doubt it.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 06-09-09 08:31 PM CT (US)     552 / 1617  
    Really, Droid? I'd like you to be in this situation, have about half an hour to make a RC, and not get lynched, with absolutely no support from your mafia, not following the thread, and not exactly knowing what the hell Noche Trista is. So, I highly doubt it.
    You should have read through the thread first imo. But yes I guess you were in a difficult spot.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 06-09-09 08:32 PM CT (US)     553 / 1617  
    *high five town* we gots one!
    Memento felt much longer.
    I should re-word it to, the longest first day. And I'm not in Memento...

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
    Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
    Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
    posted 06-09-09 08:43 PM CT (US)     554 / 1617  
    I'm bestowed with the holy finger from random.org I randomized and hit scum, wewt. We need one more vote.

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    Proof that Noodle is a typical tea-drinking British
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Enlightenment is only one click away
    posted 06-09-09 08:45 PM CT (US)     555 / 1617  
    Well he's done this before, and never lied about it, so...

Vote: James Hook

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
    -Forums-
    posted 06-09-09 09:09 PM CT (US)     556 / 1617  
    HAHAHA! YOU JUST LYNCHED A TOWNIE!!! Jk.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 06-09-09 09:10 PM CT (US)     557 / 1617  
    You should have read through the thread first imo. But yes I guess you were in a difficult spot.
    I did. And I thought my RC was pretty reasonable. I was just in a bad spot because the town is eager to lynch someone...

posted 06-09-09 09:11 PM CT (US)     558 / 1617  
    Vote: James Hook - In case we're miscounting votes.
    So basically you were a replacement who didn't follow the game thread, confirmed about having your role, posted saying you were going to claim later but couldn't claim right now, and then created a crappy VT claim and you're blaming the game setup and other scum members for getting you lynched? Get real man. You made mistakes and we caught you in them. At least be a man about it instead of whining.

Also: I don't know why everyone thinks all the claims out this early is a bad thing. Obviously it's working out. We have several claims out and lots of behavior to analyze. Learned a lot about the game setup and how to judge future claims and we kept pressuring people until we got a bad guy. Now it would have been nice to nab scum the first claim or two, but sometimes you have to pressure multiple people until you get a good lead. In my neck of the woods I'm known for pushing hard after Mass RCing as early as possible. I've never seen it done so I still can't verify how productive it is, but the last game I played in we had almost all the roles out by Day 3 and the Town was winning handily. Forced the scum to come after me hard and I was speed lynched while away from the computer. Brilliant play by the bad guys, followed by terrible play by the town eventually led to a scum victory but I'm convinced that more information is better for the town. Casualties can be higher and scum are slightly more effective but I believe the town's increased effectiveness outweighs this.

Think of today. What would have happened if you stopped at 4 claims - all of them town [for example. I'm not saying they all are, just that they could be.] Then no matter which player you lynch, you lynch a townie. But pressing for multiple claims, we found a scum member and have more information to judge future claims by and observe behavior between players by.

Anyways, just my thoughts.
    posted 06-09-09 09:38 PM CT (US)     559 / 1617  
    So basically you were a replacement who didn't follow the game thread, confirmed about having your role, posted saying you were going to claim later but couldn't claim right now, and then created a crappy VT claim and you're blaming the game setup and other scum members for getting you lynched? Get real man. You made mistakes and we caught you in them. At least be a man about it instead of whining.
    Yes, it's completely my fault. You'll see how easy it was for me to make a RC when you see what my role is.

posted 06-09-09 09:55 PM CT (US)     560 / 1617  
    (id:Aztec Emperor)
    Holy mother of cow! Azzie, you're Montezuma II! Lynch him!

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    posted 06-09-09 10:21 PM CT (US)     561 / 1617  
    At least I got two quotes out of this!

posted 06-09-09 11:46 PM CT (US)     562 / 1617  
    Well, looks like missed a lot. I haven't exactly been getting the time to read this thread.

Anyways, now that we have our scum, shouldn't we be clarifying whether we want Noodle to target Crue and therefore confirm three roles if not their alignments?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 06-10-09 00:02 AM CT (US)     563 / 1617  
    Yes we do, and Noodle shall do it, on pain of death.

posted 06-10-09 03:28 AM CT (US)     564 / 1617  
    That is a lynch.

James Hook: 12 voters = (Beezlebub, Arkrai, Droideka, Count Mummolus, NomadicNoodle, DragonQ, Crue Knight, Pit_King, GoSailing, Ashrzr, Drinian, Azur)

----------------------------------------------------

The players gathered around James Hook at the end of the day and decided he was the perfect lynch candidate.

James Hook, playing as the Aztec goon Huitzilíhuitl, a traitor recruiter, has been lynched.

It is now Sunset.

Night will begin soon.
    posted 06-10-09 03:35 AM CT (US)     565 / 1617  
    Yay
    posted 06-10-09 03:45 AM CT (US)     566 / 1617  
    Great!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 06-10-09 04:16 AM CT (US)     567 / 1617  

Just to make sure you guys don't mess this up:

Sunset - you may discuss the Day's events.

Night - you may not discuss ANYTHING game related or you will be warned, then modkilled (aka recommended for blacklisting from joining future mafia games)

That does seem harsh, but we all want to have fun here and keep the integrity of our mafia games, so please, at night, no game related posting please.

Thank you.

^added to rules.
    posted 06-10-09 04:21 AM CT (US)     568 / 1617  
    Also, some players are walking on thin ice.
    Do NOT quote any messages directly from me. Paraphrase, if you want. Expect bluffs.
    I know what is a bluff and what isn't. So should you folks. Please abide teh Rulez. This is just a warning for everyone, the next offense will be a modkill. There is no need for any of you to comment on who or who has not 'walked on this thin ice'. If you feel that I am talking about you, please email me and do not discuss it here.

Thank you.

And yes, I'm an asshole.
    posted 06-10-09 06:17 AM CT (US)     569 / 1617  
    Wow that took a while, got there in the end!
    I know what is a bluff and what isn't. So should you folks. Please abide teh Rulez.
    So there have been bluffs then?

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
    There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
    But you can't take the sky from me...
    posted 06-10-09 06:42 AM CT (US)     570 / 1617  
    Memento felt much longer.
    Oh god, all I remember was endless typing!

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 06-10-09 09:16 AM CT (US)     571 / 1617  
    Good job everyone. And I think depending on how we play from here, having a large number of role claims is not necessarily bad. It gives us longer to pick them apart for any inconsistencies as the game goes on, and means there are less roles the mafia is able to claim.

So are we agreed Noodle targets Crue tonight? Pit has said that he is going to investigate the person he finds most suspicious.

Who do we think any protective roles we have should protect tonight?
    posted 06-10-09 10:57 AM CT (US)     572 / 1617  
    I shall indeed attack Crue.
    posted 06-10-09 11:01 AM CT (US)     573 / 1617  
    @ Santos:

posted 06-10-09 12:16 PM CT (US)     574 / 1617  
    So are we agreed Noodle targets Crue tonight? Pit has said that he is going to investigate the person he finds most suspicious.
    Wait a second. PIT will target who we say to. (if he's scum he and his scum partner can make up something)

I'd say target Me or Droid. (I think noodle is the one who mentioned his weapon, and Droid agreed with him so all you need is to check on Droid not Noodle.)

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
    posted 06-10-09 12:18 PM CT (US)     575 / 1617  
    Quick wrap-up:
    Noodle attacks Crue
    PIT investigate Droid
    (some doctor) protect PIT

The rest of you who has actions, use them in your own way to get the best of this.

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
    posted 06-10-09 12:51 PM CT (US)     576 / 1617  
    It is Night.

You must cease with anything regarding game talk.

posted 06-10-09 12:52 PM CT (US)     577 / 1617  
    Please submit your night actions for Night 1
    posted 06-10-09 01:20 PM CT (US)     578 / 1617  
    Could I get a role resend please? I think I deleted it or something.

EE forever
    posted 06-10-09 01:26 PM CT (US)     579 / 1617  
    Sure.
    posted 06-12-09 05:34 PM CT (US)     580 / 1617  
    Hi all, thanks for waiting. Actions are for the most
    part sent in so you all are just waiting on me :/ . Day will
    begin on Saturday when I get home. I went to a graduation and
    tonight I am going to see Les Miserables, so I will be back
    online with the new day post soon. Cheers!
    posted 06-13-09 09:57 PM CT (US)     581 / 1617  
    So, my hard drive failed while i was away this weekend. I am reinstalling windows to another drive. I believe i backed up everyone's roles and such, so we should still be fine. I hope to be back online later tonight. (Posting from my BlackBerry)
    posted 06-13-09 11:24 PM CT (US)     582 / 1617  
    posted 06-14-09 00:20 AM CT (US)     583 / 1617  
    Okay, so I took out my original HD and installed xp on my other hard drive. Morning post to come soon!
    posted 06-14-09 00:26 AM CT (US)     584 / 1617  
    I'm debating wether I should wait for the day post or go to sleep

posted 06-14-09 01:10 AM CT (US)     585 / 1617  
    [Day 2]

The people residing in Tenochtitlan awake the
    next morning to discover 1 of their own are missing:
    dsmi1, Pánfilo de Narváez, a townie has been killed.
    Also, during the night, someone also tried to kill Crue Knight
    and an ambush on one of the causeways has failed.

It is now Day 1.
    20 players are alive.
    11 votes are required for a lynch.

[This message has been edited by Kyle Santos (edited 06-14-2009 @ 01:12 AM).]

posted 06-14-09 01:19 AM CT (US)     586 / 1617  
    So that does confirm Crue Knight is iron, but like we've already established doesn't confirm Droideka.

EE forever
    posted 06-14-09 01:44 AM CT (US)     587 / 1617  
    So that does confirm Crue Knight is iron, but like we've already established doesn't confirm Droideka.
    Well, it confirms that Noodle has a killing role. And its not an SK otherwise Crue would have died.

Therefore that only leaves the possability of the Mafia having 2 kills every night. Which would be inbalanced IMO.

And Noodle has confirmed me so if he is not scum then neither em I.

Plus you guys can tell me who to target tonight and tie up my night action even if I am scum.

posted 06-14-09 02:11 AM CT (US)     588 / 1617  
    Well, it confirms that Noodle has a killing role. And its not an SK otherwise Crue would have died.
    This is ridiculous. Besides never having heard of "Iron protects from everything except SKs" until looking at Mafiascum, he already said he used a gun, just like you did. A "bulletproof vest" would certainly protect against the gun, regardless of being unaligned or not.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 06-14-09 04:28 AM CT (US)     589 / 1617  
    I am trying out a new voting table; feedback is not unkind

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(0) NomadicNoodle - by none
    (0) Pit_King - by none
    (0) Azur - by none
    (0) Catabre - by none
    (0) Blatant - by none
    (0) DragonQ - by none
    (0) Count Mummolus - by none
    (0) Droideka - by none
    (0) GoSailing - by none
    (0) Ashrzr - by none
    (0) Beezlebub - by none
    (0) Arvedui - by none
    (0) Shanks - by none
    (0) Arkrai - by none
    (0) Drinian - by none
    (0) Heir of Elessar - by none
    (0) Rot - by none
    (0) Azzie - by none
    (0) Crue Knight - by none
    (0) Brighty - by none
    ------------
    Not Voting: NomadicNoodle, Pit_King, Azur, Catabre, Blatant, DragonQ, Count Mummolus, Droideka, GoSailing, Ashrzr, Beezlebub, Arvedui, Shanks, Arkrai, Drinian, Heir of Elessar, Rot, Azzie, Crue Knight, Brighty.

With 20 players alive it will take 11 votes to lynch.

posted 06-14-09 11:28 AM CT (US)     590 / 1617  
    This is ridiculous. Besides never having heard of "Iron protects from everything except SKs" until looking at Mafiascum, he already said he used a gun, just like you did. A "bulletproof vest" would certainly protect against the gun, regardless of being unaligned or not.
    ..."bulletproof vest" during 1519?

Would be hard to re-flavor IMO. Besides, like I said, even if we are Mafia (which we're not) we will target whoever the Town tells us to target.

posted 06-14-09 12:19 PM CT (US)     591 / 1617  
    But if you didn't, the Town would know you were lying because you wouldn't want to waste a kill.

EE forever
    posted 06-14-09 12:21 PM CT (US)     592 / 1617  
    Oh I read that as "We will not target whoever the Town tells us to." My bad.

EE forever
    posted 06-14-09 12:26 PM CT (US)     593 / 1617  
    Only one kill again in a 23 person game? Also I'm curious as to what this is, not exactly sure if it counts as a kill:
    and an ambush on one of the causeways has failed.
    Also last night I investigated Azzie and was roleblocked

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

posted 06-14-09 12:32 PM CT (US)     594 / 1617  
    Each night the mafia chooses a causeway and Cortes probably does the same. Not sure who dies if they both pick the same though.

EE forever
    posted 06-14-09 12:40 PM CT (US)     595 / 1617  
    Also last night I investigated Azzie and was roleblocked
    And you know this how?
    Each night the mafia chooses a causeway and Cortes probably does the same. Not sure who dies if they both pick the same though.
    And you know this how?

posted 06-14-09 12:46 PM CT (US)     596 / 1617  
    I have ties to that mechanic, that's all I'll say. I'm not mafia though, it was just a guess that the mafia does similar things if they keep failing ambushes.
    And you know this how?
    Erm, if you investigate someone, you're gonna know if you're roleblocked...

EE forever
    posted 06-14-09 01:29 PM CT (US)     597 / 1617  
    Well you'd know if your investigation fails but you don't usually get told, for example, "your investigation was blocked" in my experience, hence my question.

posted 06-14-09 01:35 PM CT (US)     598 / 1617  
    I guess he just figures he was roleblocked.

EE forever
    posted 06-14-09 02:03 PM CT (US)     599 / 1617  
    Well you'd know if your investigation fails but you don't usually get told, for example, "your investigation was blocked" in my experience, hence my question.
    Close, it said my investigation was stopped, so I think it's safe to assume I was roleblocked.

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

posted 06-14-09 04:58 PM CT (US)     600 / 1617  
    Well Crue is obviously iron.

And as the Mafia took out dsmi1, it's pretty obvious that it was me who attacked him, just as we planned.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » ۞ La Noche Trista Mafia ۞ Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames