loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: South Park Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
posted 02-21-13 09:31 AM CT (US)   
 Endgame. 
Signups thread/rules
Night 0 - Mr Garrison (Mozzy) killed.
Day 1 - Manbeapig (Rotaretilbo) lynched.
Night 1 Lemmiwinks (Mozzy) killed.
Day 2 - Captain Hindsight (Herr) lynched.
Night 2 - No death
Day 3 - Kyle Broflovski (Ser Periagil) lynched. Eric Cartman (Scragins) won and has left the game. The game continues.
Night 3 - No death
Day 4 - Mr Slave (Pulse) lynched. Endgame. Victory for the Cult of Cthulhu.

WIN-O-MOMETER™

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-07-2013 @ 04:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-04-13 06:50 PM CT (US)     201 / 309  
Way to hammer after saying you think neither is scum...

posted 03-04-13 07:13 PM CT (US)     202 / 309  
Oh dear. Well I hope Gil is scum.

posted 03-04-13 07:17 PM CT (US)     203 / 309  
Occam's razor only applies if the assumptions are equally weighted. They are not.

If gil flips town, DO NOT be an idiot vig and shoot dante. Or do anything to dante. We just established that they have a busdriver.

My god you guys are f***tards. Seriously, there was so much more to do today. It doesn't even matter if you're right here. This was a STUPID ASS DECISION. Ends don't justify means. My god, I'm going to be pissed at you lot if you're right and use that knowledge to discredit my logic in hindsight.
posted 03-04-13 07:21 PM CT (US)     204 / 309  
And also: NO!

Everyone who says that gil is a scum who was redirected is a shit head.

HE CANT BE REDIRECTED UNKNOWINGLY BY HIS OWN TEAM.

SERIOUSLY. SHIT HEADS. YOUR LOGIC IS LIKE GAS. YOUR VOTES ARE THE FIRE. STOP SPREADING F***ING FIRE.

AGNAUOFDNLSAFNDSANGLJDANLGDFMASFDKLAMFLDKAMFDAFDAFDA

[/rage]
posted 03-04-13 08:41 PM CT (US)     205 / 309  
Occam's razor only applies if the assumptions are equally weighted. They are not.
The whole point of Occam's razor is that you do not know which assumption to make, therefore there is no way to weigh them except subjectively. So you are forced to make a decision on the number of assumptions rather than their weight.

EE forever
posted 03-04-13 09:33 PM CT (US)     206 / 309  
Well, apparently that just happened...

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 03-04-13 09:38 PM CT (US)     207 / 309  
Only one of the two had to be re-directed, but if Dante was re-directed it would have only had to been once for them to both be town, whereas for them both the be town and Gil to have been re-directed (read: not lying), he would have had to have been re-directed twice. Both theories assumed that the person being lynched was lying, so that person did not have to have been re-directed at all.

It was still a stupid decision to hammer already, but it was the best lead we have. And like Thymole said, whether Gil is town or not doesn't prove anything except the presence or probable absence of a re-director of some sort. If He's town, it's clear one exists. If he's scum, and more specifically, Wikileaks, then it isn't necessarily true that there is a re-director (though there still could be).

posted 03-04-13 09:41 PM CT (US)     208 / 309  
Well let's see what happens when Yeeb takes this game to night.
posted 03-05-13 00:08 AM CT (US)     209 / 309  
The whole point of Occam's razor is that you do not know which assumption to make, therefore there is no way to weigh them except subjectively. So you are forced to make a decision on the number of assumptions rather than their weight.
Idea: Ash is scum
Assumption: Ash is scum
Action: Per Occam's razor, ash is a much more viable lynch than gil, because there's only one assumption being made.

Herp a derp. This is the kind of idiocy that results when we rationalize not using our brains! We're capable of thinking and can therefore attempt to determine which assumptions have higher qualitative features!

And no, the point of Occam's razor is not to deal with situations in which you can't figure out which assumptions to make; it is to deal with situations wherein you can be less specific to accept a more probable, but more generic answer.
posted 03-05-13 00:09 AM CT (US)     210 / 309  
I would peg dante as the most scummy

then maybe ash and mozzy at the moment...

Then scragins...
posted 03-05-13 00:11 AM CT (US)     211 / 309  
I'm scum in Thymole's eyes because I disagree with him along with everyone else. Thy, why don't you just call everyone scum? You're becoming more and more like Lordy as time passes.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 03-05-13 00:11 AM CT (US)     212 / 309  
Except Lordy was usually right.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 03-05-13 00:21 AM CT (US)     213 / 309  
Lordy was usually crap. The kind of crap that everyone would agree was crap. Not just me. Nobody but you thinks I'm remotely like lordy -.-

Nor do I think everyone is scum. Nor does the fact that you disagree with my opinions have anything to do with this. I'm accusing dante, who supported me against gil, who tried to get me lynched.

The problem is that NOBODY HERE is capable of getting over the EMOTIONAL PREMISE that gil's past actions resulted in bad things, which for some reason means they must have had bad intentions despite logical contradictions to that kind of behavior.
posted 03-05-13 00:21 AM CT (US)     214 / 309  
His ratio of claiming his actual role as town to not was like 1:4
posted 03-05-13 00:30 AM CT (US)     215 / 309  
Wait, but why am I the bad guy now. We havent even seen Gil flip yet, but you already know he's going to flip town?

You said I wasnt scum and now I am scum.
Gil shouldnt be held responsible for his investigations but I should.

Makes sense Lordy.

posted 03-05-13 01:14 AM CT (US)     216 / 309  
The problem is that NOBODY HERE is capable of getting over the EMOTIONAL PREMISE that gil's past actions resulted in bad things, which for some reason means they must have had bad intentions despite logical contradictions to that kind of behavior.
Not me.
posted 03-05-13 04:20 AM CT (US)     217 / 309  
Votes lined the streets of South Park, a mob had formed against Ser but enough order was retained for a civil discussion before majority was reached. Scragins danced in to the town hall and placed the final vote on Ser, causing widespread gasps and confusion.
'Yeeees, yeeees!' purred Scragins as Ser was lead up to the gallows.

Kyle Broflovski played by Ser Periagil has been lynched. At night he would become the human kite, and could fly aboe a target to determine their allegiance.

Scragins could contain the excitement no longer. He revealed himself as Eric Cartman and begun dancing round Kyle's dead body in victory. 'Na na na na na' he chanted 'Oh yes Kyle, this is glorious!'.
The town looked on in disgust as Cartman's body began to glow. He was inspired by awe itself and then transferred to Valhalla.

Eric Cartman played by Scragins has achieved his win condition of lynching Kyle. Cartman was The Coon at night, and could watch a player to see if they performed a night action.

It is now NIGHT THREE, send in your night actions.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 03-07-13 05:02 AM CT (US)     218 / 309  
Once again, no death greeted the morning in South Park.

It is now DAY FOUR, 9 alive so 5 to lynch.

posted 03-07-13 08:56 AM CT (US)     219 / 309  
You bastards.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 03-07-13 09:34 AM CT (US)     220 / 309  
^ You bastard.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 03-07-13 09:45 AM CT (US)     221 / 309  
so... I blocked PoS (yes, I'm a roleblocker. I didn't come forward yesterday because I thought I was onto something, and I am!) yesterday and today. look at that? no kills yesterday and today. PoS is most likely the Cthulhu mafia hitman/killer (maybe even godfather w/ kill?)

anyways, there we go.

vote: PoS

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 03-07-13 11:17 AM CT (US)     222 / 309  
Sounds good to me.

Vote: PoS

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 03-07-13 11:25 AM CT (US)     223 / 309  
I didnt bother using my action last night.

Vote PoS

posted 03-07-13 11:29 AM CT (US)     224 / 309  
Stop it. Idiocy will not be rushed again.

We're getting the claim before a lynch.

So help me god, you idiots are not going to speed lynch anyone again. And it had better be pretty clear, because there are still some logical inconsistencies here.
posted 03-07-13 11:30 AM CT (US)     225 / 309  
For example, why the f*** wouldn't Dante investigate someone? That's bullshit.
posted 03-07-13 11:31 AM CT (US)     226 / 309  
If I keep getting redirected we can't trust my action anyways.

posted 03-07-13 11:32 AM CT (US)     227 / 309  
Bullcrap. You have no way of knowing whether or not the scum redirector is a redirector or a busdriver. You also know for a fact that whatever result you get should in theory reveal someone in the game, regardless of whether or not it is pegged to the correct person. That is still a helpful hint.
posted 03-07-13 11:36 AM CT (US)     228 / 309  
Carol needs to claim now. As does pulse. I find it highly unlikely that pulse is scum, let alone the mafia hitman. He defended gil. He even asked roleblockers to come forward
Do we really not have any roleblockers that will come forth?
That is THE OPPOSITE of what a blocked mafia hitman would want.

Furthermore, we already had a two shot roleblocker in Mozzy's first edition.

UNVOTE FOR HIM NOW
posted 03-07-13 11:42 AM CT (US)     229 / 309  
Further-furthermore, carol was well aware that people were asking for roleblockers to come forward. He loses a great deal of credibility for not doing so sooner.

And now, let's switch it back to dante. We now know for a fact that there is a scum busdriver/redirector.

That chaos role did tamper with Gil's result. However, for Dante's role to also be town, dante would have had to have been redirected onto the scum role/flavor cop. The co-existence of dante AND this scum role/flavor cop is dubious.

I am highly skeptical of the three who just barged in and voted just now.
posted 03-07-13 12:04 PM CT (US)     230 / 309  
Vote: Pulse_of_Shift

EE forever
posted 03-07-13 12:06 PM CT (US)     231 / 309  
There are only nine of us left alive. And we have yet to lynch even one member of the mafia/cult. We're getting pretty close to losing a town majority, I'd say. Pulse, along with everyone who jumped on that bandwagon, needs to claim. Or at least provide some sort of evidence that they are indeed town. Everyone here has played mafia long enough to understand bandwagons are rarely a good thing, particularly in a situation like this. The only beneficial outcome from a lynch like this is one in favor of the mafia: we don't have time to gather clues or discuss. Seeing as how Cthullu is a cult (right?), perhaps the head of it can either kill or attempt a conversion, which would explain a lack of kills and be a perfect cover for CK. I have to rally with Mole in wanting some defense from the bandwagoners.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses –
behind the lines,
in the gym,
and out there on the road,
long before I dance under those lights.
posted 03-07-13 12:07 PM CT (US)     232 / 309  
That's four votes now. One more and we're screwed. FFS, stop voting.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses –
behind the lines,
in the gym,
and out there on the road,
long before I dance under those lights.
posted 03-07-13 12:31 PM CT (US)     233 / 309  
It is pretty obvious at this point. If anything, the scum are desperately stalling the lynch.

EE forever
posted 03-07-13 12:36 PM CT (US)     234 / 309  
Ya Thymole has clearly been scum since Day 1. That scum redirector has really done a number on us. Sweet justice.

posted 03-07-13 01:08 PM CT (US)     235 / 309  
Vote: PoS

If he was being blocked, and the kills stopped, then he is clearly the killer

Why would the role-blocker come out only to be re-directed away from the killer?

Finally, we caught our first scum

posted 03-07-13 01:10 PM CT (US)     236 / 309  
BOOTLEG DVDs BOOTLEG. D.V.D.s

posted 03-07-13 01:11 PM CT (US)     237 / 309  
Pulse was forced into the gallows and killed.

Mr Slave played by Puse_Of_Shift has been lynched. At night he could insert a player into his rectum, 2 events were possible.

Around the town hall, laughter slowly began to dominate, all light was quickly sucked out of the room.
Ash transformed in a whirlwind of lightning and quickly sent the remaining townies to their death.

The Cult of Cthulhu has triumphed!

Roles:
Ashrzr  Cthulhu The Dark Lord
CarolKarine  Paris Hilton Mafia stupid whore roleblocker
Coldviper Chef Bodyguard
Eruletho  Professor Chaos Mafia framer
Herr Captain Hindsight Town Useless Hero
Mozzy Mr Garrison South Park Resident
Phaethon180 Al Gore Serial Killer Hunter
Pule_of_Shift Mr Slave Empowerer
Rotaretilbo Manbearpig Serial Killer
Scragins Eric Cartman Watcher
Ser Periagil  Kyle Broflovski Cop
Sir Dante Wikileaks Mafia informant
Thymole Stan Marsh Jack of all trades
Mozzy Kenny McCormick  Semi-iron townie
Mozzy Lemmiwinks Empoweree

*Mr Slave inserting Lemmiwinks into his rectum would enable Lemmiwinks to become King of the Gerbil and defeat his evil brother, Wikileaks.
*Mr Slave inserting Paris Hilton into his rectum would lead to her death.

GG, why do ALL my serial killers get killed before night 1 D:? Extra information available upon request.

Night 0
Herr was framed.
Herr was investigated by Gil and returned as guilty.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-07-2013 @ 01:33 PM).]

posted 03-07-13 01:30 PM CT (US)     238 / 309  
Ha! I had even called Kenny as iron to be ironic!

Good game guys

posted 03-07-13 01:32 PM CT (US)     239 / 309  
I really thought we were going to lose after failing kills twice in a row.

posted 03-07-13 01:54 PM CT (US)     240 / 309  
woot.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 03-07-13 02:24 PM CT (US)     241 / 309  
Meh, town was a bunch of f***tarded idiots.

Who did the mafia try to shoot last night and why did they fail? Was it me? I would have been so happy if my busdrive had redirected from me and onto ash. Knew he was scum...
posted 03-07-13 02:30 PM CT (US)     242 / 309  
I think the balance of the game was good though. A nice mix of roles and a good number.

Props to mozzy for bringing about our loss. You're so smart. Its really cute when you try to pretend your thoughts are worth our time and get angry when I show you otherwise. Congrats on being the only townie to be fooled by the mafia's ploy. Twice.

What was scragins' win condition? Could he win with the town otherwise? I think that his role was rather dumb. It was only very specific circumstance that allowed him to win. Really killed us when he had to leave the game too. Oh well.

edit: Also, in hindsight I suppose the town wasn't THAT stupid. I mean, they failed use their brains and really argue against the mafia ploy, but really it was ultimately just mozzy who screwed up with some self righteous attitude... It was otherwise just scum.
posted 03-07-13 02:32 PM CT (US)     243 / 309  
But honestly, there were some freaking dumb arguments being used...

I mean, I'm annoyed because I can't complain because in hindsight it wasn't the town who was buying them, but like... ARGH. IT WAS STUPID.

oh well... I get to feel smug, arrogant and obnoxious again. Woo....

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 03-07-2013 @ 02:32 PM).]

posted 03-07-13 02:43 PM CT (US)     244 / 309  
I too thought it was a well played game by both the Mafia and Town Thymole. Cheerio.

posted 03-07-13 02:43 PM CT (US)     245 / 309  
Who did the mafia try to shoot last night and why did they fail? Was it me? I would have been so happy if my busdrive had redirected from me and onto ash. Knew he was scum...
Yeah? Funny how you never mentioned that.

GG, pplz.

EE forever
posted 03-07-13 02:54 PM CT (US)     246 / 309  
My action proves that it was indeed a suspicion, you nitwit. What other reason would I have for busdriving myself unto you?
posted 03-07-13 02:58 PM CT (US)     247 / 309  
to be honest though, it's pretty damning when someone pops out and says that they blocked the same guy twice, and there are no kills.

posted 03-07-13 03:34 PM CT (US)     248 / 309  
Thymole, are you actually serious when you act like this?

EE forever
posted 03-07-13 03:39 PM CT (US)     249 / 309  
I just have the absolute worst luck. Almost every person who voted me in some way demonstrated that they had absolutely no clue what was going on. Mozzy Mk.II thought I had somehow killed him Mk.I, despite clear flavor indicating that Cthulhu was behind his Mk.I death. Dante thought I had claimed as a Lyncher with a kill, despite my repeatedly pointing out that the Lyncher claim was a fake claim. Mozzy and Gil accused me of not claiming as a Miller/Survivor initially, despite my claiming third party in my claim. Mozzy and Eru accused me of trying to get a towny lynched, when Phaethon had clearly claimed as third party like myself. PoS clearly hadn't even read my real claim.

CK, Ash, and Mole were one of the only people ostensibly voting for me for logical reasons. And I feel like even they failed to read my last post, where I linked explicit examples of how Serial Killers worked in Yeeb's past games, and pointed out that I could not kill because it would result in my immediate lynch.

In case anyone was wondering, I wasn't lying about my win condition. My victory (being among the last five players alive) would remove me from the game, the way third party roles have always worked in Yeeb's game. The only difference between my role and a proper Survivor was that I don't believe the game could end with me alive unless I'd met my win condition. But in this instance, since Yeeb has always done faction win, allowing me to achieve my win condition after the mafia or town was eliminated wouldn't harm anything.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 03-07-13 03:41 PM CT (US)     250 / 309  
Every game town derpa derps...

Step up fast, and be the first one to speedlynch and lose like that!

Good job by the mafia though.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » South Park Mafia: Endgame
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: