Bottom
Topic Subject: Rootsburg Penitentiary Mini Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
posted 08-26-09 05:53 PM CT (US)   

Rootsburg Penitentiary Mini Mafia

Game Thread
Endgame

The Story thus far
Odd events have been occuring in Rootsburg Penitentiary. Recently, deaths have been taking place of both personal and inmates alike. A lockdown has been initiated. Paranoia has stricken everyone, the guards and the inmates have decided to meet and decide who is commiting these crimes.

Small note, this game isn't based on anything. Generic jail theme, I guess.

I will be using the e-mail Xzyiothe[at]hotmail[dot]com for this Mafia.

Alive:
11. Azur - Dave Steel, Masonic Serial Ghost Graverobber (Third Party)
12. Ienzo Brighty - Constable Clark, Deputy (Town)

Dead:
10. Ashrzr - "One-hand Frank", Masonic Townie (Town)
2. Beelzebub - "Notorious Nate", Masochist Miller (Town)
9. NomadicNoodle - Philip "Lightfingers", Mafia Framer (Mafia)
5. Briguy - Jimmy, Hider (Town)
7. Henrz - Jeremy Turner, Jailer (Town)
1. Blatant7 - Sheriff Williams, Cop (Town)
4. Shanks13 - The Warden, Noble Observer (Town)
6. Xaph - Barry Brutal, One-Shot Mafia Executioner (Mafia)
8. Heir of Elessar - Ron Damage, Mafia Hitman (Mafia)
3. Droideka_11 - "Ironblood Mick", One-Shot Iron Townie (Town)

Reserves
1. vampiric canniba

Rules:
  • Follow the CoC
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary.
  • I'm always right, if I'm wrong point out what's on your mind in private and I may correct it.
  • Mods can't look at my edit history
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • Don't talk in the thread at Night
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Nights will last 48 hours, days two weeks.
  • Be active
  • I reserve the right to modkill anyone at my own discretion.
  • I reserve the right to replace anyone at my own discretion.
  • Vote counts are whenever it's convenient for me and by request
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name.
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

• ☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil

[This message has been edited by Xzyiothe (edited 09-30-2009 @ 07:12 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 09-28-09 04:52 PM CT (US)     201 / 229  
    My edited post said that I had tracked Heir AGAIN and found him as targeting whoever was killed. Unfortunately, Blatant's death cost me my life as well...

posted 09-28-09 04:56 PM CT (US)     202 / 229  
    It's not over..?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 09-28-09 05:10 PM CT (US)     203 / 229  
    "I roleblocked Droid, let's lynch him" Heir said.

"Sorry Heir but your lies will no longer work, you're guilty" said Brighty.

"No, that can't be true. Because I roleblocked Droid." Heir replied, as if that made sense.

"While you were locked up?" asked Azur.

The town reaches the breaking point as the evidence against Heir piles up. They've had their suspicions for days now, but chose not to act on them. Their emotions run wild and they snap on Heir..

Heir of Elessar - Ron Damage, a Mafia Hitman is dead.
    It is now Night 5, please send in your night actions.
    You have 48 hours.
    All talking corpses have been struck with lightning for good measure.
    xzyiothe[at]hotmail[dot]com

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 09-28-09 05:30 PM CT (US)     204 / 229  
    Bloody hell.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 09-28-09 07:08 PM CT (US)     205 / 229  
    Ron Damage
    posted 09-29-09 11:32 PM CT (US)     206 / 229  
    An ominous feeling surrounded the penitentiary in the morning. The town woke up, with no clue how to proceed. They believed to have won, but have they really?

The residents met up at the gates of the Penitentiary, as they arrived, they caught eachothers' eyes in a look of uncertainty. They then decided to erase all doubts once and for all by reasoning.

No one died.
    It is now Day 6.
    With 3 alive it's 2 to lynch.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭

[This message has been edited by Xzyiothe (edited 09-29-2009 @ 11:34 PM).]

posted 09-29-09 11:57 PM CT (US)     207 / 229  
    Nobody vote. I need to read back through the thread. Will post my thoughts in a bit.

posted 09-30-09 07:44 AM CT (US)     208 / 229  
    It's not over?

posted 09-30-09 08:21 AM CT (US)     209 / 229  
    inoright

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
    -Forums-
    posted 09-30-09 03:20 PM CT (US)     210 / 229  
    1: Droid voted yesterday when it was obvious we should not vote to beware speed lynches.
    2: Droid had the first post of this day trying to act all town and say not to vote when it's kinda obvious we shouldn't.
    3: Brighty claimed cop and I know I'm not scum, so by process of elimination Droid must be scum.

4: Vote: Droid

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    -Forums-
    posted 09-30-09 04:36 PM CT (US)     211 / 229  
    1: Droid voted yesterday when it was obvious we should not vote to beware speed lynches.
    And I voted for someone who turned out to be scum. I was sure Xaph was scum and I was right. So your arguement about speed lynching is moot.
    2: Droid had the first post of this day trying to act all town and say not to vote when it's kinda obvious we shouldn't.
    Well you never know if someone might be dumb enough to vote in lylo without a good reason.
    3: Brighty claimed cop and I know I'm not scum, so by process of elimination Droid must be scum.

Vote: Droid
    Yeah well its now appearent you're scum since you're trying to lynch me on poor reasons (I.E. Trying to speed lynch scum).

So therefore:

Vote: Azur

Hopefuly Brighty got an investigation on one of us which will prove whose scum.

posted 09-30-09 04:41 PM CT (US)     212 / 229  
    OMGUS

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    -Forums-
    posted 09-30-09 04:56 PM CT (US)     213 / 229  
    Innocent on Azur. I can't be nave or insane, so...
    Vote: Droideka_11
    posted 09-30-09 04:57 PM CT (US)     214 / 229  
    Epic win for the SK without a kill (except for today when I took Xaph's )

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    -Forums-
    posted 09-30-09 04:57 PM CT (US)     215 / 229  
    Not hard when your a mason and never post.

[This message has been edited by Brighty (edited 09-30-2009 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 09-30-09 05:00 PM CT (US)     216 / 229  
    Don't think there's a page without me posting a couple times, nub.

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    -Forums-
    posted 09-30-09 05:11 PM CT (US)     217 / 229  
    Wow Brighty. Yeah, completely look past the fact I had been on every scum lynch so far and I was the one who was gunning for Xaph yesterday. I don't think you even looked at all the bull shit arguements Azur brought up, like me trying to speed lynch a known mafia.

Next time think before you vote and not just base the entire basis for your vote because of a faulty night action.

posted 09-30-09 05:23 PM CT (US)     218 / 229  
    It didn't matter, I'm a graverobber and I took Xaph's day kill last night, so you were dead from the moment I voted

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    -Forums-
    posted 09-30-09 06:58 PM CT (US)     219 / 229  
    The town decided to lynch Droideka, Brighty, having investigated Azur the night prior believed Droideka to be guilty, using the process of elimination.

They hung Droideka, who protested to the very end. As the life drained from Droideka's face, Azur's began to glow with life.

He turned his head back again - then doing a double take. He saw Azur standing across from him with a sadistic smile. Brighty did not understand what was going on, he believed Azur to be innocent. Azur then began to walk towards Brighty, he began laughing. He finally won his freedom.

Azur has won the game with an independent win.

Roles

1. Blatant7 - Sheriff Williams, Cop (Town)
    2. Beelzebub - "Notorious Nate", Masochist Miller (Town)
    3. Droideka_11 - "Ironblood Mick", one-shot iron townie (Town)
    4. Shanks13 - The Warden, Noble Observer (Town)
    5. Briguy - Jimmy, Hider (Town)
    6. Xaph - Barry Brutal, One-Shot Mafia Executioner (Mafia)
    7. Henrz - Jeremy Turner, Jailer (Town)
    8. Heir of Elessar - Ron Damage, Mafia Hitman (Mafia)
    9. NomadicNoodle - Philip "Lightfingers", Mafia Framer (Mafia)
    10. Ashrzr - "One-hand Frank", Masonic Townie (Town)
    11. Azur - Dave Steel, Masonic Serial Ghost Graverobber (Third Party)
    12. Brighty - Constable Clark, Deputy (Town)

Conditions

• Azur would lose any previously acquired powers when he graverobs
  • Azur cannot graverob the same person twice
  • Beelzebub has a 50% chance to roleblock, and a 50% chance to kill
  • If Briguy hides behind anti-town, he dies
  • If Briguy hides behind someone who is killed, he dies aswell
  • Xaph may only execute if the target has greater than, or equal to half the needed votes for lynch.
  • If Xaph's kill is successful, the day ends.
    * These are all innate conditions of their respective roles, I'm just explaining them for people who have never heard of them.

• Actions

Night 0

Noodle Frame Shanks - Failed
    Beelzebub roleblock Azur - Roleblocked
    Shanks Observe Ashrzr
    Briguy hide behind Ienzo Brighty
    Heir of Elessar kill Ashrzr
    Henrz jails Noodle
    Blatant investigate Xaph - guilty

Day 1

Lynch: Beelzebub - 6 (Heir of Elessar, NomadicNoodle, Droideka_11, Shanks13, Xaph)

Night 1

Azur abstains
    Shanks Observe Briguy
    Briguy hides behind Shanks
    Noodle frames Droideka - Failed
    Heir of Elessar abstain
    Henrz jails Noodle
    Blatant investigates Azur - innocent

Day 2

Lynch: NomadicNoodle - 6 (Henrz, Briguy, Droideka_11, Shanks13, Heir of Elessar)

Night 2

Shanks Observe Heir of Elessar
    Azur graverobs Henrz
    Briguy hide behind Xaph - dies
    Heir of Elessar Kills Henrz
    Blatant Investigates Heir - guilty

Day 3

Xaph executes Blatant

Night 3

Shanks Observe Droid
    Brighty investigates Xaph - Failed
    Heir of Elessar kills Shanks
    Azur jails Xaph

Day 4

Lynch: Xaph - 3 (Droideka_11, Brighty, Azur)

Night 4

Azur jails Heir of Elessar
    Heir of Elessar kills Brighty - Failed
    Brighty investigates Heir of Elessar - guilty

Day 5

Lynch: Heir of Elessar - 3 (Brighty, Droideka, Azur)

Night 5

Brighty investigate Azur - innocent
    Azur graverobs Xaph

Day 6

Azur executes Droideka - Failed
    Lynch: Droideka - 2 (Azur, Brighty)

* There may be an error or two, I don't have all the actions in my e-mail. Some people chose to give me some over MSN at some points. So I added them in as my memory served.

My thoughts

Well, I'd just like to thank all of you for joining my mafia. And Vampiric for signing up as a reserve. This was my first mafia, and I wanted to do something more on the simpler side. I'm sorry if you all expected something more complicated, I'll see about doing something else in the future.

I thought it was very interesting being the observer (not the role, being the mod!), as I got to see what was going on first hand - with all the information. It's quite fun to see people trying to outguess you, people outright lying, and putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Hosting this mafia was a very enjoyable experience for me, so I thank you for that.

I particularity found Blatant automatically assuming his sanity could be off. And if Azur graverobbed Beelzebub that night (miller) it could've been very interesting.

Henrz actually jailed Noodle twice in a row, and only believed he jailed him that one time. And Heir abstained that night when he didn't have to, and honestly that two for one deal of hitting Shanks would've been pretty good at that point. Because of Heir's flop, Noodle was lynched pretty much. And he even hammered him, I really enjoyed that (at Noodle's expense! )

I'd like to praise Heir for his quick and strong day 1 claim, which the town amazingly bought. I can't say I saw that coming. You definitely deserve props for making up such a role with little information.

Was pretty funny that Azur targeted the iron person. If he targeted Brighty right after he voted he would've won immediately. And if Brighty didn't speedlynch I would've had time to inform Droideka that he was no longer iron.

And I'd like to thank Rot for revising my roles, I didn't add "a bunch of conditions" like he suggested, so any balance issues are my folly. Also, I had a deputy, then I wanted it to be a 50% investigate, 50% kill. Rot thought that was cool, but suggested he only be informed he's a deputy. I agreed, but as I looked through my "final" list I concluded it was too crippling and a tad unfair, so I changed it back to Deputy before the final version. I was also considering a Dentist too, but I decided against it.
    Now for some rants.

I didn't appreciate people continuing to talk during Night. Rules are rules, and Xaph was talking down my back asking me to modkill people. I definitely considered it, and I was going to modkill Shanks if he didn't edit it in a reasonable amount of time.

I didn't appreciate James Hook popping into the thread to inform me I fail at modding, when he's made his opinion of my hosting very clear over MSN. It was blatant trolling, feel free to look it up on mafiascum - the typical executioner ends day. And that's that. If I didn't want it to, I'd use daykiller, or inform it of a condition. But as Rot commented, it'd be "an ace in the hole for the mafia".

I did not appreciate the whole dead discussion Twilight 5/Night 5. It revealed way more than it should've (Heir confirming Azur blocked him, meh....), and there's even a rule against it. I really don't want to see any of that in my future games. I'll be enforcing my rules much more. So, there's a warning.

Again, thanks for playing. And sorry for the little rant there. Overall you guys were swell. My main aim here was nothing too fancy, I had criminals and some employees as town, and some for mafia (Xaph was told in his e-mail he was personal of the penitentiary). I did want to leave people guessing as to who could be what factions, and not necessarily all bad guys are the bad guys. Briguy suggested Day 1 the warden could be scum, so I'm glad it worked if only for a little while.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭

[This message has been edited by Xzyiothe (edited 09-30-2009 @ 07:06 PM).]

posted 09-30-09 07:03 PM CT (US)     220 / 229  
    Good game everyone.
    I perticularily found Blatant automatically assuming his sanity could be off.
    What? Are you saying you don't know why I assumed my sanity could be off? In a jail-based game, it was logical to assume that there would be several cops, hence me questioning my sanity. Apparently this wasn't the case, however.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 09-30-09 07:06 PM CT (US)     221 / 229  
    I enjoyed that you saved your evidence when 2/3 mafia we're caught night 0, and the third jailed.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭

[This message has been edited by Xzyiothe (edited 09-30-2009 @ 07:07 PM).]

posted 09-30-09 07:12 PM CT (US)     222 / 229  
    Meh. How was I supposed to know that?

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 09-30-09 07:14 PM CT (US)     223 / 229  
    I don't know, all those comments there weren't criticism, they were just interesting observations.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 09-30-09 07:34 PM CT (US)     224 / 229  
    Good game. I enjoyed it. I thought there was a mix of intresting roles and it was pretty balanced overall.

posted 09-30-09 07:40 PM CT (US)     225 / 229  
    I didn't appreciate James Hook popping into the thread to inform me I fail at modding, when he's made his opinion of my hosting very clear over MSN. It was blatant trolling, feel free to look it up on mafiascum - the typical executioner ends day. And that's that. If I didn't want it to, I'd use daykiller, or inform it of a condition. But as Rot commented, it'd be "an ace in the hole for the mafia".
    This sounds like you wrote it in a journal. How does this even have to do with your thoughts on the game?

Anyway, the game looked pretty interesting in all.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 09-30-09 08:32 PM CT (US)     226 / 229  
    Solid game.

posted 10-01-09 01:09 AM CT (US)     227 / 229  
    You bastards. If you was smart enough to not lynch me >.>
    I was raping Azur fine with my power; might've killed him too with masochist, but noooooooo, you just have to lynch me, and might I add, nobody counterclaim me as RBer. Anyway...

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    Proof that Noodle is a typical tea-drinking British
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Enlightenment is only one click away
    posted 10-01-09 03:29 AM CT (US)     228 / 229  
    And Heir abstained that night when he didn't have to, and honestly that two for one deal of hitting Shanks would've been pretty good at that point. Because of Heir's flop, Noodle was lynched pretty much. And he even hammered him, I really enjoyed that (at Noodle's expense! )
    Agawahuauguhuahahahadf!
    posted 10-01-09 05:46 AM CT (US)     229 / 229  
    I'm sorry Noodle. I'd already said though that I thought Shanks would target me again and so I couldn't have killed anyone without pronouncing a death sentence on myself.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Rootsburg Penitentiary Mini Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames