You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RockNRoR : mod to improve AI and add various game enhancing features
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 03-16-15 02:44 PM ET (US)   
Warning: this project is now named RockNRor.
The file is provided in RockNRor ZIP file.
See also RockNRor website for screenshots, etc.

This mod will contain
- Some already existing fixes
- All new fixes that I find
- All new features I can develop for RoR.

Main ideas are:
- Improve AI to make it more challenging
- Add features like get map seed, add new conversion resistances (see the details below)
- Allow more and more possible configuration. Almost all features can be configured to best suit YOUR expectations.
- Potential improvements/features are almost illimited ! Other major enhancements may come in the future.

As it is part of ROR_API system, it only needs minimal changes in original game files. Moreover, these changes are compatible with all other mods that are written for ROR_API. For the first time, a common part of the code might be overloaded by 2 mods at once !

Requirements:
- Windows XP, 7 or later (compatible with linux using wine+winetricks)
- Windows 10 : please see FAQ paragraph
- Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable libraries 2013
- Rise of Rome expansion !

Installation
- Run RockNRoradmin.exe (make sure to use latest version) and use the dedicated menu entry.

Please provide feedback. This is still under heavy development, I hope it is bug-free.

Keys:
Scenario Editor : F1 to switch to "select unit" mode
Scenario Editor : F2 to edit selected unit
Scenario Editor : F3 to open RockNRor menu (edit terrain, triggers, get PER/AI files, etc)
Scenario Editor : F10 to open standard menu

FAQ:
Does it work for 1.0b version or vanilla AoE ?
Yes... But features will be very limited !

How do I set up my own configuration for conversion resistance, custom civilizations or any other stuff ?
Just edit RockNRor.xml / RockNRor_civs.xml...

Can I make sure all RockNRor features work correctly ?
- Open RockNRor.log and check for error messages. It will tell you if a feature could ne be enabled (if CustomizeAOE changes are missing)
- Press F1 in ROR main menu (first screen). If an options screen appears, then RockNRor is working. If AOE help opens, then RockNRor is not working.
- Select a unit and press F2 in game screen. If a popup shows up, then RockNRor is working.

The game is not working well in Windows 10 system
If the game does not run, does not run in full screen, or if RockNRor is not active (see the previous paragraph to see how you can check this), then follow the indications as follows:
copy-paste manually the links, there is a bug with the forums if you click on them
- Install the standard Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable libraries 2013
- If you still have issues, install the updated libraries
- If you still have issues, install the all-in-one libraries found by Phatfish
- If you still have issues, right click on your shortcut or game 'exe' file, open the properties/compatibility, and select the Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Features:
- Handle up to 255 civilizations in ROR instead of 16 (see RockNRor_civs.xml).
- Improved game speed change with +/- buttons. Choose the speed change factor (default 1.25) in XML config or in-game RockNRor menu.
- Dramatically improve defence AI: train relevant units according to attacking units and accoding to player's available units.
- Improve unit targeting so that AI units do not hesitate between several targets (including 2-priest trick).
- Ability to customize number of relics/ruins in random games/deathmatch.
- Replace SNScalingFrequency unit from minutes to seconds (low values will automatically be fixed to prevent issues).
- Improved tactical AI updates:
-- Disable irrelevant limited-retrain units (like clubmen) when starting at iron age or post-iron.
-- Unblock "stuck buildings". It is necessary to wait a moment before doing this or the player will lose all his resources trying to build something that is "instant-killed" by the enemy.
-- Add some useful (available) researches if the player is rich, well developed (for example, wheel when it's not included in player's strategy).
-- TO DO - Disable useless building (governement center) if it is no longer useful (all underlying techs researched, iron age already researched).
-- TO DO - Improve farms management (lower their priority in AI list).
- Set a maximum number of farms in deathmatch games. AI builds too much farms in deathmatch (SNMaxFarms).
- Automatically computes AI's "dislike" values against each player. A player with all relics/ruins/wonder will have more chances to be taken as target.
- Change conversion resistances, like 1.25 for war elephants instead of 1 (customizable in config file).
- Faster town building at game startup in deathmatch using appropriate SN numbers (SNRequiredFirstBuilding, SNInitialExplorationRequired).
- Improve some city plan calculations to prevent villagers from being stuck and improve access to TC (+granary/SP) for farmers/gatherers...
-- Always protect Town center (and granry/storage pit) immediate neighborhood from being built (may occur when using custom city plan configurations)
-- Improve granary location choice (closer from most of the target bushes)
-- Avoid construction of many consecutive buildings in a row that leave no way for living units
- Correctly sets AI control at game startup when using the "ManageAI" feature (allows AI to control your "old" player when changing with gaia cheat code).
- Triggers system
- Enhanced scenario editor
- etc...

Fixes:
- Fix timer bug on fast computers (game freezes in low game speeds).
- Fix stuck AI bug #1: missing unitId in computer players strategy for unfinished buildings.
- Fix stuck AI bug #2: strategy when an unfinished building is destroyed (computer player will no longer get stuck).
- Fix stuck AI bug #3: strategy when a building that is currently training a unit is destroyed (computer player will no longer get stuck).
- Fix stuck AI bug #4: when entering "panic mode", too much irrelevant units are added on top of strategy and AI gets stuck.
- Fix bug with reveal map option in game settings (does not applies correctly to all players). Bug can be observed with FULL_computerPlayer1 or when switching players with gaia cheat code.
- Fix SNRequiredFirstBuilding handling (was not working correctly).

Misc:
- A new button in game menu opens RockNRor options UI.
- Automatically show "F11" information at game startup.
- In scenario editor, F10 opens the menu.
- Display a chat message at game startup to say the plugin is active.

Chat commands:
- Type "t" or "time" in chat box to display system time (as a chat message)
- Type "seed" to get map seed (as a chat message)
- Type "ai" or "AI" in chat box to fix AI control flags after using a "gaia*" cheat code.
- Type "allai" or "allAI" in chat box enable computer-control for ALL players
- Type "hi" to get Hello world, "about" for information about RockNRor.
- Type "timer stats" to get info related to game timer bug.

Troubleshooting:
- You may need to run your editor as admin to edit XML files according to the location you installed the game.
- RockNRor produces a log file named "RockNRor.log" in RockNRor folder in Age of Empires installation directory.
- If the game process does not have necessary rights, the log file might be located in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Jeux\Age of Empires
- Make sure the "ROR_API.conf" file contains the lines 'wndmode.dll' and 'RockNRor.dll' (without the quotes and without extra characters on the same line)
- If the game won't run, try to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode

[This message has been edited by chab (edited 07-05-2020 @ 10:36 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-03-15 07:10 AM ET (US)     1 / 233  
Some update about this project.
Major breakthroughs have been made, the new features are not all finished yet but almost done.
Some features are quite unbelievable, modding possibilities seem to be constantly increasing

- Handle up to 255 civilizations in ROR ! No need to overwrite standard civs if you want to add yours.
- In-game menu to access customROR options
- Automatic installation using CustomizeAOE
- Customizable conversion resistances
- In scenario editor, F10 opens the menu
- Various improvements on AI
-- Max number of farms in DM
-- Faster town building in DM
-- Disable weak units retrains (clubmen...) for advanced civs in RM
-- Improve strategy: add some researches (wheel) when player is rich enough
-- Improve "stuck buildings" features: waits a bit before unblock destroyed building to avoid players to try immediately rebuilding (most of times the new 1-HP building is instant-killed)
-- Improve units targeting (fix the 2-priests trick)
- Customize number of relics/ruins in RM/DM

.. And other various fixes...

Most features can be parameterized in customROR.xml file.

[This message has been edited by chab (edited 06-13-2015 @ 10:15 AM).]

posted 06-04-15 09:14 AM ET (US)     2 / 233  
Would this mean you could change between empires.dat versions in-game too? Anyways let me know when you're ready to release it, I'll make a news post and announce the update on the front page.
posted 06-04-15 01:03 PM ET (US)     3 / 233  
I think the game loads empires.dat once and for all, not sure.

Why exactly would you want to switch empires.dat ?

The screenshot example is 1 empires.dat in which I added some civs (copy paste, thanks AGE3).
I just had to specify the number of civs in my config file.
Then customROR manages everything automatically.
posted 06-04-15 03:14 PM ET (US)     4 / 233  
Are you serious... Wow, this will open up new opportunities for modding!

1. When is this going to be released?

2. Will we be able to add Civ Player Names for the Civ?

3. I understand most of the other bug fixes, but I don't quite understand 'the add some researches (wheel) when player is rich enough' strategy improvement. Could you please give me more info on it.

Lost Empires Mod
Maybe it's only a fool who'll perilously journey out to what might not be there. But if you want to solve problems, you don't just solve the ones that are there, you find more and make more and go after the impossible ones.
The neanderthals never ventured into the unknown and they went extinct, so who are the fools?
posted 06-04-15 03:37 PM ET (US)     5 / 233  
Some AI strategies do not include wheel or architecture (or woodcutting in DM for greeks...).
For example CustomROR will add "research wheel" action in a player's strategy IF this player is rich enough, and if he has reached a good development point.

This improves AI when it is well developed (iron age, 50 pop) and does nothing.

About new civs:
I have prepared a XML configuration format, here is an example.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Warning: tags are case-sensitive -->
<!-- This XML file is dedicated to handle custom Civilizations in customROR -->
<customROR_civs>
<civilizations count="17"/>

<!-- Additional civs -->
<!-- civ id MUST match AGE3 (empires.dat) civ_id -->
<civ id="17">
<civ_name value="Martians"/>
<player_name index="1" value="Bob"/>
<player_name index="2" value="Peter"/>
<player_name index="3" value="James"/>
<player_name index="4" value=""/>
<player_name index="5" value=""/>
<player_name index="6" value=""/>
<player_name index="7" value=""/>
<player_name index="8" value=""/>
<player_name index="9" value=""/>
<!-- AI files for Random game / Deathmatch. -->
<deathmatch_aifile value="DM_custom.AI"/>
<!-- Map categories: no_water=hills/highland. much_water=small/large islands. some_water=others (moderate amount of water) -->
<rm_aifile mapCategory="no_water" value="data2/test.AI"/>
<rm_aifile mapCategory="some_water" value="data2/test1.AI"/>
<rm_aifile mapCategory="much_water" value="data2/test2.AI"/>
</civ>
</customROR_civs>

Only player_name is unsupported at this point.
civ_name is analog to Egyptian/Grek/etc.
The 4 AI filenames are the ones that will be chosen according to (random) map types (including 1 for deathmatch - oops I should add one for DM on water map).

CustomROR can use "player1"-"player8" names (read from language.dll) as player names for custom civs when no player name is available (currently... it always does so as player names are not supported).

If John creates a mod with antartica civ, when he sends his empires.dat file to Paul he can also send this XML file and Paul will have a fully-working antartica civ (of course customROR will be required).
posted 06-30-15 11:24 AM ET (US)     6 / 233  
The new version is ready for download.
Use CustomizeAOE to configure set up customROR easily.
Tell me if you manage to use your custom civilizations
posted 09-20-15 12:01 PM ET (US)     7 / 233  
Some news about current development/tests and features that should be available in next release.
Please note it is NOT available in the granary yet.

About the "auto-move for spawnned units" feature:
When a building is selected, right-click on itself to cancel new units auto-move (writes a text message).
Right-click now only works for buildings that can actually train units.
Right-click with buildings now displays the red cross sign (like move) (only for buildings that can train units, of course)
When attacked, new units that are going to their "spawn destination" now defend themselves if attacked.

Fix stuck "0% game speed" (occurs when game was closed with a very low speed: 0% speed value was stored in registry).
F9 no longer moves artefacts. (F9 key "calls nearby idle military units")
Fix various issues with unit targeting (prevent units from hesitating between several targets) and improved several cases => improved AI in combat.
Fix a bug when enabling MaxSelectedUnits in customizeAOE (1 sub-option was not installed)
Fix a bug with MaxSelectedUnits feature in allocX options (CustomizeAOE) => please remove+reinstall MaxSelectedUnits
Fix missing patches for MaxSelectedUnits feature (CustomizeAOE)
-> fix for transport ships selection, for various onclick events
Fix crash when selecting a civilization that is not found in empires.dat: now force choice to Egypt instead of crashing.
Improve ManageAI feature to be compatible with multiplayer: human players have no longer AI controlling it in MP
Move fire galley icon (use trireme research location) when trireme research is completed IF player has both fire galley and catapult trireme. Fixes All tech games !!
Monitor conversion statistics to see if a player is cheating/lucky (seems that AI does NOT cheat).
Fix strategy when switching players so that AI doesn't build what's already been done by human
+ detects dynamic units (houses, boats, granary) in scenarios so that AI player does not create them twice.
+ fix dynamic elements dependency issues (do not insert trireme before iron age, etc)
Fix a bug in loading saved games: some information is not saved and dynamic strategy elements are not added when switching player in loaded games (+some other inits including AI resource bonus).
-> This also fixes not working AI in loaded games that were saved in the very first seconds of the game.
Fix crash to desktop caused by a building conversion bug.
Capability to add unique units (heroes) dynamically (no user interface to use it yet)
Fix bug in villager count (resource 37) that affects max civilian score number. (due to conversion)
Fix bug in military units count (resource 40) that affects largest army score number. (due to conversion)
Fix conversion & strategy: updates player strategy after converting a unit to avoid training/building it twice.
Add 10 shortcut numbers 11-20 using numpad (original game uses 1-10 with main keyboard numeric keys)
posted 10-15-15 06:27 PM ET (US)     8 / 233  
Hi, I have been working on an AI (for large pop limit 400+ games) and have found that the AI can only control a max of 50 villages, if I train 60 villages then 10 will just sit there and do nothing.

The AI does not seem to have this issue with attacking units.

Any change of having this limit removed?

Also has the ai "give up" bug been fixed (e.g The ai reaches the end of the build order or has half its base knocked out, even though the ai has the resources to rebuild it does not, also it stops attacking after awhile and just sits there).

Thanks
posted 10-16-15 03:42 AM ET (US)     9 / 233  
Hello
Nice to see we've got modders out there
Yes I I've seen limitations on villager number. At this point I can't tell you if this can be improved.
There might be several / a lot / too much impacts in the game (don't know for sure which word I should use). It really depends on game structures, most are dynamic and can handle unlimited number of elements, but I know (only) 1 structure that's hardcoded to a size=50 (in TacAI). all others I know of can handle any larger number.

I am currently busy with many fixes/improvements but I'll have a look to this.
I already developed a feature that automatically updates player's strategy when playing with a >50 max population but it's unfinished (AI gets stuck at 50 population even though strategy tells to build more, I once knew why it does it but don't remember why).

What exactly is the "give up" bug ?
CustomROR already fixes several similar issues :
- AI no longer works after a wonder is build/destroyed
- AI gets stuck when unfinished buildings are destroyed (it may corrupt in strategy data both buiding and units being trained)
- AI gets stuck because of abusive "panic mode" units (the clubmen and other dynamically-added units when AI is under attack)
- Units (especially priests) get stuck when there are enemy tower in their town (this feature will soon be avaiable)
- I want to improve villagers gathering but for now I am not ready to do that

Are you talking about one of thesse situations or something else ?

You can send me an e-mail if you wish (see profile).
posted 10-16-15 04:46 AM ET (US)     10 / 233  
"I am currently busy with many fixes/improvements but I'll have a look to this"

Thanks for that, because it is a big limitation for the AI when playing with large pop limits 400+ humans vs computer on large maps to only have 50 villages, Humans can have over 200.

"I gets stuck at 50 population even though strategy tells to build more, I once knew why it does it but don't remember why)."
Need to enable auto build houses and set houseoverage to max (99999) that way the AI will continue to build houses to support more pop.

Are you talking about one of thesse situations or something else.

It could be, need to run some more test with the new update to see if the issue continues. Basically the issue is in a human vs computer match that the AI will play well early and middle game. But late game + 2h it gives up and stops attacking, building or even moving the units.

I will let you know next week how i went.
posted 10-19-15 00:23 AM ET (US)     11 / 233  
Hi, was the bug with 105 snSaveScenarioInformation fixable?
(when 105 snSaveScenarioInformation is enabled and has saved some information the next game the AI plays really bad).

UPDATE Major bug found!
Ok if you start a multiplayer game and set a rally point on a building (right click set rally point) when the created unit reaches the rally point the game will through an out sync error.

Another AI bug found
The AI will not attack walls

[This message has been edited by ageOfage (edited 10-20-2015 @ 11:26 PM).]

posted 10-20-15 08:19 AM ET (US)     12 / 233  
posted 10-21-15 12:43 PM ET (US)     13 / 233  
ageOfAge: those bugs are ROR bugs, not customRor's, please don't make the confusion

Phatfish:
Triggers are coming soon I think, I was busy lately but I just add time to write basic engine, and run a first test. It was working quite well, and the final solution should be really nice:

- no dependency on any extern tool (just customROR)
- based on standard scenario files (100% compatible with original ROR scenario format)
=> scenario including triggers will NOT crash in standard ROR versions.
- compatible with saved games (yes, it's an important topic to deal with)
- easily extensible: it will be very easy to add new possible actions (will NOT require to modify game files)
- several supported "trigger" events (game start, timer, after researching a technology...)
- trigger format will be text-editable (and human-readable)
- dedicated custom UI in scenario editor... TO DO !

I hope I'll have a lot more to tell in the next days/weeks

At this point it's more "proof of concept" than a real feature but I'm quite confident as the first test did not require a lot of coding.

The negative point:
I think I need to make customROR use more simple before I release next version.
Last release improvement were great but maybe not sufficient, it seems people are still reluctant to try it.
From now I will probably deliver only 1 project regrouping CustomizeAOE and customROR.

Don't hesitate to provide feedback.
I don't have much time to write serious documentation and create tons of UI.
posted 10-21-15 03:54 PM ET (US)     14 / 233  
The second bug I posted is to do with customRor's rally point.

I had to disable it for multiplayer games, or else any player that sets a rally point will make the game to become unsynced.

gameKey name="callIdleNearbyArmies" enable="0"
unitSpawn name="autoMoveToLocation" enable="0"

if this is a ROR issue then it is a bit of a shame we cannot use it for multiplayer games
posted 10-21-15 04:42 PM ET (US)     15 / 233  
OK sorry I was not sure about what this was.
In fact I'm quite surprised you manage to use it in MP games, I only develop and test in SP (for now).

Please consider MP is not supported at all. I have no idea how sync is managed.
I'll try to deactivate the feature in MP games (I already did for several features, but not everywhere) to prevent the plugin from causing out of sync errors.

I understand you're disappointed but at this point almost noone uses customROR, using this feature would be unfair.
At least the configuration file allows you to disable it and avoid crashes (this is why is it so important to make things configurable !)

Maybe in the future we'll fix that. I might need help from other modders for that part.

But I suppose this means you like this feature, I'm glad you find it useful

PS: took a couple hour to refactor my triggers test code into generic code, now implementing triggers should be quite easy to do (already done: add or set resource, write chat text).
posted 10-22-15 01:23 PM ET (US)     16 / 233  
Chab, I added you on skype. I would like to playtest the trigger feature. Also if you need some graphical help with the UI or something let me know.
posted 10-25-15 09:38 AM ET (US)     17 / 233  
I have finished a very first version of CustomROR that handles triggers !

• Requires no extern tool/library

• Requires no external file: triggers are included in scenario file

• Scenario files with triggers remain compatible with standard game. Of course, the player will need customROR for the triggers to be active !

• Triggers are preserved when saving/loading game (unfinished, in such case a "already executed" trigger may be executed again when loading a game)

• Triggers can be edited directly in scenario editor

• (it is also possible to get AI and PER scenario files in scenario editor)

• Various event are already supported: timer (repeatable or not), game start, on a given unit's death/conversion

• Various actions are already supported: add/set resources, write a chat message, enable/disable a research

• The trigger system is very generic and can be improved easily

• => More supported actions/events will come

I will work with Phatfish to test the system. If OK, I will release customROR and people will be able to submit suggestions for additional trigger types.
And finally, I will expect YOU to write fantastic scenarios

Besides, next customROR release will have a lot of new fixes/features.
It includes the list from my message #7 + the list below:

Enhanced scenario editor: edit unit popup (press F1 to switch to select mode, F2 to edit - still a beta version)
Customize Map generation elevation "amount" (hardcoded in standard game)
Fix stuck units bug (quite rare bug) when using improved units targetting.
Fix stuck priests when an enemy tower is in AI's town.
Improve/customize units choice/behaviour when an enemy tower is in AI's town. Dramatic AI improvement, especially for villagers.
Fix hesitating priest when attacked by the unit he IS currently converting (occurs when there is an enemy tower in town) !
Fix priests that are stuck because of an unfinished enemy building.
unfinished: ability to support non-square maps (but diamond map will still be buggy) (not working for scenarios, probably because of a bug in scenario file reading/writing)
Triggers system !
Ability to get AI and PER file (+trigger info) from a scenario in scenario editor: F3 key.
Disable "rally point" (auto move new units and call nearby units) in Multiplayer games to avoid going out of sync.
Technical migration for ROR_API to avoid compatibility issues / CDCheck issues => easier installation process
posted 10-25-15 05:41 PM ET (US)     18 / 233  
Dramatic AI improvement, especially for villagers.

Would that include allowing the AI to use more than 50 villagers?

[This message has been edited by ageOfage (edited 10-26-2015 @ 08:12 AM).]

posted 10-26-15 11:32 AM ET (US)     19 / 233  
This looks super cool! Would it be possible to get a short demonstration of how it works? Maybe a video or a few in game screenshots?

I don't have AoE installed on this computer, but will make sure to install it soon when uni isn't sucking up all my time.
posted 10-26-15 01:21 PM ET (US)     20 / 233  
@ageofage: what you're quoting is about "Improve/customize units choice/behaviour when an enemy tower is in AI's town.". I improved several behaviours when AI has an enemy tower in his town (in standard game, it generally means he's defeated, with the changes he may get back on track). For example, a villager will not stop building a TC to attack a tower if he's almost finished.
I started working on >50 max population some time ago, but the feature is not activated (was not finished).

I don't intend to do videos (I have no idea how to do that - and demo scenario could be better).

Maybe I could prepare demo scenario files to play with / without customROR to appreciate the difference. I would set a specific configuration with 2 AI players, and human player would not interfere (use no fog to watch to show).
I already have seen many DM situations where AI plays quite well to counter-attack while being in a difficult situation. The changes are impressive but mainly about defence.

At this point the improvements are clearly more effective in DM (almost all of them are war behaviours).

Still some improvements are about economy: better general building placement (avoid stuck villagers, not-accessible TC), granaries are closer to berries. AI also builds faster its town.

Please note all those changes are not released yet I'll try to upload them soon.
posted 10-26-15 01:24 PM ET (US)     21 / 233  
Send the early trigger system to me whenever you have time Chab, along with a basic description of the kinds of triggers etc
posted 10-26-15 06:44 PM ET (US)     22 / 233  
By the way chab my AI is playing way better with your mod on a gigantic map (that i custom made) it can take on 3 other "normal computers" teamed and can build very large armys (300+). Also it keeps attacking (on multiple fronts) and does not give up anymore. I tested the AI without your mod and it just does not play well at all. The only limitation that my ai is having like i said before is the 50 villager limit, on a 400 pop limit humans can have about 100 - 150 villagers and just out resource it.

Looking forward to playing some lan multiplayer games with it.

-----------------UPDATE-----------------------------------
Just a heads up for multiplayer even with

gameKey name="callIdleNearbyArmies" enable="0"
unitSpawn name="autoMoveToLocation" enable="0"

disable after awhile (maybe 20 to 30 mins) I get an out of sync error, Will post when I find what is causing it.

[This message has been edited by ageOfage (edited 11-03-2015 @ 04:51 AM).]

posted 11-11-15 07:47 AM ET (US)     23 / 233  
Just wanted to say that something truly fantastic is going to happen in the near future...
posted 11-11-15 08:14 AM ET (US)     24 / 233  
Stop teasing!
posted 11-20-15 06:13 PM ET (US)     25 / 233  
I'm preparing the new release for CustomizeAOE / customROR. I hope I can upload it this weekend.

It will of course include the new triggers system, the enhanced scenario editor (edit unit status, terrain, elevation, edit triggers...) + all previously released features (AI improvements, up to 255 civilizations, etc)

Here are the changes (for CustomROR) since last release:
F9 no longer moves artefacts.
When a building is selected, right-click on itself to cancel new units auto-move (writes a text message).
Right-click now only works for buildings that can actually train units.
Right-click with buildings now displays the red cross sign (like move)
When attacked, new units that are going to their "spawn destination" now defend themselves if attacked.
Fix stuck "0% game speed" (occurs when game was closed with a very low speed: 0% speed value was stored in registry).
Fix various issues with unit targeting (prevent units from hesitating between several targets) and improved several cases.
Fix a bug when enabling MaxSelectedUnits in customizeAOE (1 sub-option was not installed)
Fix a bug with MaxSelectedUnits feature in allocX options (CustomizeAOE) => please remove+reinstall MaxSelectedUnits
Fix missing patches for MaxSelectedUnits feature (CustomizeAOE)
-> for transport ships selection, for various onclick events
Fix crash when selecting a civilization that is not found in empires.dat: now force choice to Egypt instead of crashing.
Improve ManageAI feature to be compatible with multiplayer: human players have no longer AI controlling it in MP
Move fire galley icon (use trireme research location) when trireme research is completed IF player has both fire galley and catapult trireme.
Monitor conversion statistics to see if a player is cheating/lucky (seems that AI does NOT cheat).
Fix strategy when switching players so that AI doesn't build what's already been done by human
+ detects dynamic units (houses, boats, granary) in scenarios so that AI player does not create them twice.
+ fix dynamic elements dependency issues (do not insert trireme before iron age, etc)
Fix a bug in loading saved games: some information is not saved and dynamic strategy elements are not added when switching player in loaded games (+some other inits including AI resource bonus).
-> This also fixes not working AI in loaded games that were saved in the very first seconds of the game.
Fix crash to desktop caused by a building conversion bug.
Capability to add unique units (heroes) dynamically (will be accessible via trigger some day)
Fix bug in villager count (resource 37) that affects max civilian score number. (due to conversion)
Fix bug in military units count (resource 40) that affects largest army score number. (due to conversion)
Fix conversion & strategy: updates player strategy after converting a unit to avoid training/building it twice.
Add 10 shortcut numbers 11-20 using numpad (original game uses 1-9 with main keyboard numeric keys)
Enhanced scenario editor: edit unit popup (press F1 to switch to select mode, F2 to edit)
Customize Map generation elevation "amount" (hardcoded in standard game)
Fix stuck units bug (quite rare bug) when using improved units targetting.
Fix stuck priests when an enemy tower is in AI's town.
Improve/customize units choice/behaviour when an enemy tower is in AI's town. Dramatic AI improvement, especially for villagers.
Fix hesitating priest when attacked by the unit he IS currently converting (occurs when there is an enemy tower in town) !
Fix priests that are stuck because of an unfinished enemy building.
Generate map with custom dimension in editor (diamond map may be buggy if x <> y).
Triggers system !
Ability to get AI and PER file (+trigger info) from a scenario in scenario editor: F3 key.
Disable "rally point" (auto move new units and call nearby units) in Multiplayer games to avoid going out of sync.
Technical migration for ROR_API to avoid compatibility issues / CDCheck issues.
Preserve unit status in scenario editor after loading a scenario. + display fix for buildings when status>2.
All terrains available in scenario editor. Putting hidden terrains does not refresh immediately but it works (change tab to refresh game screen).
Option to show all units in editor (disable the "hide in editor" flag)
Fix the invisible tree - DATID=393 - (assigns working tree graphics).

The release will also include a new version of ROR_API (some technical fixes, remove installation compatibility issues) and CustomizeAOE (new options, support vietnamese 1.0b version, improved installation process, ...)

Credits to Phatfish for testing the new triggers system and providing useful feedback + converting dirty triggers documentation into a beautiful HTML document.
I suppose Phatfish will put triggers documentation somewhere when the release is available.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » RockNRoR : mod to improve AI and add various game enhancing features
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames