Veni, Vidi, Vici
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Huge Influx of AoE/AoM Content coming soon
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-27-16 06:21 PM ET (US)   
Lately CeaseDaFire was able to contact Tony Goodman, the old Head of Ensemble Studios and Robot Entertainment.

After a grueling 2.5 months or so waiting, TG was able to get back to him.

This could be the Alpha/Beta's Salvation from the darkness (But I doubt it) However the old AoE1 Alpha (Dawn of Man) was on found by TG.

Two years on from the MP Alpha and Marketing Alpha and Back to the Beta, another big jump in Alpha/Beta Content.

(Xpost with http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29751,,10)

I know Phatfish will be happy about Dawn of Man, and probably jealous why he doesn't have it in his private collection, kek.

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)

[This message has been edited by PhatFish (edited 02-28-2016 @ 01:49 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-28-16 04:33 AM ET (US)     1 / 39  
Thread deleted? Can't access it

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 02-28-2016 @ 04:33 AM).]

posted 02-28-16 07:11 AM ET (US)     2 / 39  
I wouldn't say I'm jealous, but you certainly caught my interest. Care to elaborate a little further? I can't open the thread on AoMH either.
posted 02-28-16 07:25 AM ET (US)     3 / 39  
Well I have to say this is indeed interesting but like the others have pointed out, the thread is unreachable. I hope it wasn't deleted for breaking the rules!
posted 02-28-16 08:54 AM ET (US)     4 / 39  
I moved it to another forum. Mods, please edit the post with this link: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29751,,10

posted 02-28-16 01:50 PM ET (US)     5 / 39  
Done. Dropped an e-mail to both of you. I'm curious to see what new info this may contain
posted 02-28-16 04:21 PM ET (US)     6 / 39  
Wait what? The dawn of man alpha? The one which looks like a completely different game with high cliffs and waterfalls and junk? What's this all about? AoM expert can we hve some info please?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 02-29-16 05:31 AM ET (US)     7 / 39  
posted 03-04-16 08:39 PM ET (US)     8 / 39  
I had the items shipped to my po box. I will be going there over the next few days.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 03-04-2016 @ 10:38 PM).]

posted 03-05-16 05:03 AM ET (US)     9 / 39  
Just to be clear, it is this build we are talking about, right?

And Tony actually shipped the build on it's original 3,5 inch floppy to you? What are the other items? Now I am getting jealous
posted 03-05-16 07:38 AM ET (US)     10 / 39  
"Floppy" was a word used.

I'm getting a few other things too.

posted 03-05-16 12:36 PM ET (US)     11 / 39  
Just opened the package...

And it was ALOT more than I was expecting. I think many of you would find these things extremely interesting.

Stay tuned for the prize.

posted 03-05-16 03:43 PM ET (US)     12 / 39  
posted 03-05-16 05:20 PM ET (US)     13 / 39  
Out of politeness I've asked him about sharing some of the files. I suppose I could at least share some pics but I'll give it one more day. He was very generous with me.

posted 03-06-16 10:16 AM ET (US)     14 / 39  
Here's what was sent to me:

http://imgur.com/a/qJAXc

I was not expecting all of this. This is what the founder of Ensemble Studios sent me, and I am extremely humbled.

Three discs were blacked out because of confidentiality reasons. Until I get the OK from Tony, I won't be revealing these. They're AoM related anyway.

I've only begun to load a few in my computer, unfortunately it doesn't have a floppy drive. I have one on an older pc but it's not set up. I'll probably just head to my local library and load them up there.

And I assume the hats are for me to keep

Feel free to speculate and ask about certain cd's. For now, I'll just be describing them.

(playing card is for size reference)

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 03-06-2016 @ 10:18 AM).]

posted 03-06-16 12:30 PM ET (US)     15 / 39  
Amazing. You should sincerely thank Mr. Goodman. What an awesome guy!

One of the burning questions I have is did you ask him to share these dev versions or did he offer them to you? I suspect the former? What other information did he share with you?

A thing that I immediately noticed is that there are no "printed" official dev versions (unless the AoM ones that are blacked out are...). Maybe some of them are actually the "master discs", which in itself is extremely rare to own.

Looking at the dates of the AoE CD's, there is at least one late alpha build which I assume is the same that was leaked (and known to us). Then the other two from July, I think that these are possibly from the E3. The last one from september is probably the one used for the public beta test. The behind the scenes disc should prove to be very interesting too. I would love to see the 3D studio max renders on that disc which has Sean duncan written on it. Looking at the date these are def the earliest type of buildings in the history of Age.

I own an official AoK press kit - my guess is that most of the items on the AoE one where used to create the official MS AoE sites and are likely to feature late alpha screenshots too. I'm curious about the AoK cd's too.

And from the looks of it, you could have two Dawn of Man builds in your possession there. Be careful when handling anything.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from this amazing collection!
posted 03-16-16 02:26 PM ET (US)     16 / 39  
For those who are interested in receiving bits and pieces or a greater amount of what I've shown here, shoot me an email.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 03-17-2016 @ 11:56 PM).]

posted 03-17-16 05:34 PM ET (US)     17 / 39  
I'm letting PhatFish take over from here. I gave him some things.

I will also be revealing the blackened cds asap.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 03-17-2016 @ 11:59 PM).]

posted 03-23-16 03:26 PM ET (US)     18 / 39  
Thanks for sharing! I like what i see.
posted 03-24-16 11:13 AM ET (US)     19 / 39  
I'm intrigued by the CD labelled "Tribe Music". People may remember me from that really long thread about the game's music and the difference between the Redbook Audio and MIDI versions.

Can you please listen to that CD and check if there is any 'new' (i.e. old and unreleased) music on there?

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 03-24-2016 @ 11:18 AM).]

posted 03-25-16 00:22 AM ET (US)     20 / 39  
+1 for "Tribe Music". Bring it on

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 03-25-16 03:14 PM ET (US)     21 / 39  
Yeah, the tribe music sounds (quite) interesting

Did you know? I am the centre of the universe
Riddle of the month: What loses its head in the morning and gets it back at night?
Joke of the month: Why did the chicken cross the road?
To look for someone stupid.
Knock, knock
Guess what, it's the chicken
posted 03-25-16 05:45 PM ET (US)     22 / 39  
posted 03-25-16 05:56 PM ET (US)     23 / 39  
Thank you Phatfish! Giving it a listen right now.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 03-29-16 02:07 PM ET (US)     24 / 39  
Any Aoe/AoE2 building/unit models/renders on the CDs? Modders would go crazy about them (at least I would )
posted 03-30-16 08:56 PM ET (US)     25 / 39  
Are there any new animated unit graphics?

Lost Empires Mod
Maybe it's only a fool who'll perilously journey out to what might not be there. But if you want to solve problems, you don't just solve the ones that are there, you find more and make more and go after the impossible ones.
The neanderthals never ventured into the unknown and they went extinct, so who are the fools?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Veni, Vidi, Vici » Huge Influx of AoE/AoM Content coming soon
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames