Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Liquid Buzz #1
posted 06-18-06 09:48 AM EDT (US)   

Hello Everyone!

Today I'll be starting a regular "Liquid Buzz" - A community update informing you all of the happenings at Liquid Fire Studios. With these updates I'll try to include comments from our members and outsiders, as well as of course, news on any upcoming projects and events. So, let's begin!

The first piece of news I'd like to share with you is our collaboration with Kastor! Liquid Fire Studios will now be using Kastor's Napoleonic mod as a base for all our mod-needing project. He'll of course be adding any new units we need for our projects into his mod. Using this one mod for all our projects will mean it's much more convenient for players of our projects because they don't need to install multiple mods.

Next up is about our Gaurdian, who is on vacation... I think. His popular in-development RPG scenario, Jack Absolute, has been put on hold until Ensemble Studios fixes the Age of Empires 3's editor's bugs, and enhance the editor. For now he'll be creating a scenario about pirates, which you can check out in the same thread here. No screens yet though.

Swift Sampson has been making a hell u'va name for himself at HG, stomping on the competition in the screenshot contests. Here's what he has to say about it:

Quote:

When I'm making a screenie I usually can't get the motivation unless I'm listening to some music. Epic medievil style music is usually good for getting the ideas flowing in my mind, it brings up all kinds of cinematic images and I just get the urge to go into the editor and make them reality.

Onto our other projects now. We have several actually, and none of them announced yet
``````````````````

"Unto These Hills" is a stunningly beautiful cinematic by famed Eye Candy maker, TwoQTimes2.
The movie opens with the 'discovery' of the Cherokee by Hernando de Soto in 1540 and then jumps to 1811 to follow the story of the Cherokee of this region up to their removal, via the Trail of Tears, in 1828. The drama includes many famous Cherokee leaders including Sequoyah, Junaluska, Chief Yonaguska or Drowning Bear, and Will Thomas (adopted son of Drowning Bear and the first and only white chief of the Cherokee).

``````````````````
Gaurdian of Isis, as well as working his brain out on Legends of the Third Age, is also making a scenario for Age of Mythology: The Titans. "Journey of Thanasis".
"Under the rule of Queen Anassa, peace and prosperity came to the kingdom of Pythos. She was loved by all. But her success with the people would eventually lead to her downfall. One quiet night, a brutal murder took place in her chamber in the royal palace of Mesidia. Her closest counseler, named Cercyon, stabbed her thrice in the dark. Next to her body, a sword was found."
No screenshots just yet.

``````````````````

And of course, Ronin Episodes. If you haven't heard about it yet, Ronin Episodes is a dramatic series of scenarios involving one Samurai's betrayal of a master and his discovery of the Red Man, and the oppressing Conquerors . Of course, the drama would not be complete without the theme of love Almost the whole team is working on the episodic project: Gaurdian_112, Swift Sampson, RiderOfEternity (myself), Kastor, BigFatz, YousAHO and TwoQTimes2. Expect Episode 1 in July.

Liquid Fire Studios has been going since August 2004 and we've had in total we've had thousands of downloads from our projects. I am extremely proud of all the members, and wish I could share their glory Here's what a friend of LFS had to say (I had to cut a lot of it, he had so much to say):

Quote:

I feel Liquid Fire Studios is a team of shining light for the pioneering of scenario designing and modding. I know most of the members very well that founded the basis of the team today; Nodgene for example, has shown great innovative thinking, coupled with dedication towards finishing and completing his multiplayer scenarios to great depth and detail, looking at scenarios like "Tactical" and "Project Extremely Happy". These scenarios have always made me enjoy my time playing AOM and still have huge replayability. Peace out

I know our team has been been pretty quiet, but a lot of bad publicity happened during Winter and we have been keeping low since then, and instead trying to create some quality food for all you starved scenario players. Please keep on looking out for us at our forums. We also have a public gallery where you can make your own picture albums. A Downloads section where you can upload your projects. And finally, a Tutorials section where we would soon like to create Video Tutorials.

Thank you for your time!

-Rider

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
Replies:
posted 06-18-06 10:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
Awesome!

Very nice, indeed.

posted 06-18-06 12:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
Sweet!
posted 06-18-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
Liquid Buzz, catchy, ill b talkin on msn then ill say, i think im goin 2 check out Liquid Buzz(non sponsership deal)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, who stole my sig??

[This message has been edited by hiccuper (edited 06-18-2006 @ 12:16 PM).]

posted 06-18-06 03:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
Hihi, Swifty needs to listen to music!...sadly i have to also =P

Through the gates of Insanity, to the edge of Humanity...-The Rasmus
posted 06-18-06 10:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
Very nice.

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
posted 06-18-06 11:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
Awesome thread Rider, nice title aswell!

Reverie World Studios
.:°.- Swift Sampson - .°:.
My custom AoM-TT Menu Backround
Member of Liquid Fire Studios | My AoM / AoE3 Eyecandy Screens | The Rise of Zeus

[This message has been edited by Swift Sampson (edited 06-19-2006 @ 05:20 AM).]

posted 06-19-06 05:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
<3 LFS.
posted 06-19-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
Looks Great!
posted 06-19-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
Thanks guys Hiccuper made me larf

I already have 5 topics for the next Buzz, and one of them will be VERY exciting news for modders ellers

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 06-19-2006 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 06-20-06 00:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
This is all just Rider's sly way of making sure we all keep up with our projects.
posted 06-20-06 00:52 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27  

Quote:

I already have 5 topics for the next Buzz, and one of them will be VERY exciting news for mod ders ellers

WTF?

posted 06-20-06 08:03 AM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
Ronin Episodes look great!

Visit the Games To End All Games Forums!
Made especially for forum games!
http://gamestoendallgames.phpbb3now.com/
posted 06-20-06 01:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
hehe liquid buzz, c yez, i would keep talkin but i got 2 check out liqu-Dammit!!!

Dude, who stole my sig??
posted 06-20-06 11:41 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
Nice topic, Rider. And I just realized how much twoq is working on right now...man, 3 projects??? I can barely work on one...

---The pen is mightier-------/\Check out the Eye-Candy Guild
---than the sword...---------)( ______________________
-------------------(0)///////(**)______________________>
-------------------------------)(
-----...in fairy tales.----------\/
posted 07-18-06 07:32 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
Is ronin episodes going to be an rpg? Looks really cool BTW. *forgot to say that* It's about time we had an update..

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache
posted 07-19-06 04:09 AM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
No, Ronin Episodes has like one RPG scenario and guess who's designing it...
posted 07-19-06 06:30 AM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
Each episode could be a different type of scenario to another, and each episode could also have a mixture of differnt types.
More info coming later

posted 07-19-06 07:14 AM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
Will Unto These Hills have voice acting? Looking forward to it.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
posted 07-19-06 09:46 AM EDT (US)     19 / 27  

Quote:

Will Unto These Hills have voice acting? Looking forward to it.

That is the plan. I have a few people that have offered to do the voice acting.

And thanks for the interest Dieneces. I'm looking forward to it too

[This message has been edited by twoqtimes2 (edited 07-19-2006 @ 09:47 AM).]

posted 07-19-06 10:16 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
TwoQ, Jack Absolute's voice actor, Archmanger, isn't currently doing anything for me, maybe he'll voice your stuff=).
posted 07-19-06 05:44 PM EDT (US)     21 / 27  

Quote:

No, Ronin Episodes has like one RPG scenario and guess who's designing it...

You? Cool. Are you starting work on it in earnest, or are you going to wait for the x-pack like with JA?

I assume only LFS members can work on it, but if there's any way I can help I'd be glad to.

[This message has been edited by Shaw DA MAN (edited 07-19-2006 @ 05:45 PM).]

posted 07-20-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
We're doing it for Vanilla for now, but when xpack coems out we will most likely change to that.
Thanks for your offer but we're currently full anyway In future maybe though.

By the way... what does everyone think of the logo I made for the Buzz?

posted 07-20-06 10:45 AM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
I shall be honost with you, it stinks. Really you can do better than that. (font is somewhat nice though )

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 07-20-06 10:53 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
I think it's awesome. I love the effects on the text!
posted 07-20-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
But comeon, the background is sucky. The gradient is too obvious, you can handpick the types of blur used and he probably used something like Distort\Ripple. Nah, I don't like it.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 07-20-06 12:16 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27  

Quote:

The gradient is too obvious, you can handpick the types of blur used and he probably used something like Distort\Ripple

Actually, it was made with much more proffessional methods

posted 07-21-06 09:41 PM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
I like it alot myself. I know I couldn't do any better. Looks groovy

About time for liquid buzz 2, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Shaw DA MAN (edited 07-21-2006 @ 09:41 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Liquid Buzz #1
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames