Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: British Native Rush
posted 03-02-09 02:09 AM EDT (US)   
British Native Rush

Note: i did not fully create this, i actually witnessed something similar to this being done in a expert recorded game (i can't recall the exact players though )

This is for VANILLA (possibly could work on expansions, except lakota is replaced with cheyenne)

IMO this works very well on great plains as you can get LC natives(comanche)+ HC (lakota) + LI (lbows) which gives you a nicely distributed and hard to counter army. This will work well vs the civs that often like to LI rush a brit (russia, germany, possibly france)

The reason I like this with british is that you can send ATP as your first card instead of 3 villagers, but still have a great eco on par or greater than your opponent's eco.

This strat sort of sacrifices the brit eco early on for a strong rush that can take on most civs out there. Since you are brits, after the rush even if it fails, you can easily send some wood/villagers and get your eco super strong again.

Required Cards
-ATP
-Native treaties
-700/600 wood
-5 villagers
-700 food
-Any cav upgrades (help lakota/comanche out)
- Yeomen (makes lbows super awesome in fortress)
Recommended Cards
- 3 villagers ( in case you change your mind and decide to just go normal)
-4 villagers (a nice eco boost)
- 700 gold (very nice if you want to age)

BO
Age 1
-gather starting crates and put all vills on food
-build as many manors as you can
-first shipment= ATP(:O)
-aim to get WOOD treasures
-Age when you have 15 villagers
-Age with 500 food

Transiton
-Put about 12 villagers on wood and other 3 on food
-Build a lakota and comanche trade post asap
-If you managed to get some wood treasures build another manor (should have 2 manors+ 1 tc= 30 population)

Colonial
-Send native treaty (gives 4 of each native )
-Build rax and start getting some lbows
- Don't forget to collect the age up 500 food as that will be very necessary
- Keep pressuring your opponent by raiding with lakota and killing their raids with comanche
- Always keep building villagers (move a couple back on food if your opponent has HI as you'll be wanting lbows+ comanche then which are less wood heavy units)
- Next card i like to send 700 wood for more units+manors
-From here on it's your choice
- A tip is that since you've sent ATP, it's really nice to snatch up the trade route + stage coach for some more resources or shipments therefore i often like sending 600 wood instead of 5 villagers as the tradeposts+stage coach is better IMO.

here's a recording
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2354
it dragged on really long, but you can just watch the first part which shows the basic idea of the rush.

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 04-23-2009 @ 10:28 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-02-09 03:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
When are you going to get TAD...?

Nice write up... Maybe BB Code/Spelling and Grammar?
posted 03-02-09 07:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
The idea sounds good.

Cash is the topic,the object a fatter pocket
Some take the crack and chop it
But those who don't have it don't take the added profit
It's catastrophic.
posted 03-02-09 07:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
also it doesnt always give 4 units, it gives 6 aztec jag knights on nilla

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
posted 03-02-09 02:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
French and Otto do native rushes much better. It doesnt really make sense with british, because with british you tend to make alot of houses, but with civ like French their coureur are 1.2 settlers but cost 1 pop, so they have more efficient population. Also if they were to use natives, they could stay at 20 pop for a while before raxing and housing. Whereas British, if you wan't eco advantage you want to make manors - but you don't the pop free

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
posted 03-02-09 03:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
French and Otto do native rushes much better. It doesnt really make sense with british, because with british you tend to make alot of houses, but with civ like French their coureur are 1.2 settlers but cost 1 pop, so they have more efficient population. Also if they were to use natives, they could stay at 20 pop for a while before raxing and housing. Whereas British, if you wan't eco advantage you want to make manors - but you don't the pop free
That someone else can do it better doesn't mean it can't work with you. Of course those two civs are more suitable for this, for various reasons. Otto's have a lot of wood and fast age up and French has better native cards for example. At the same time, it's good for the Brits because their economy is still on par with other civs while investing in a rush.

A lot of Brit players tend to boom too much instead of playing aggressive. For me as opponent that's easy, it's much harder for me if a Brit plays aggressive.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato

[This message has been edited by Ha_Luke (edited 03-02-2009 @ 03:28 PM).]

posted 03-02-09 04:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
I dont think british has a very good early military, other civs seem to have much better shipments so playing agressive is ok i suppose, but still not as effective as other civs.

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
posted 03-02-09 04:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Nice write up, seems fun to do because british don't rush a lot, so something new to try.
posted 03-02-09 05:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Off topic but hows the otto native rush in sonora? I heard its good but how good is it?

Cash is the topic,the object a fatter pocket
Some take the crack and chop it
But those who don't have it don't take the added profit
It's catastrophic.
posted 03-02-09 06:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
all native rushes are weaker in TWC/TAD, there are three reasons

1, spys kill them
2, NAT gives 450 res worth of troops from each tribe compared to 600 in vanilla
3, all natives are weaker in TAD/TWC than vanilla
posted 03-02-09 07:30 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
I watched the record, gg.
posted 03-03-09 00:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
also it doesnt always give 4 units, it gives 6 aztec jag knights on nilla
his works very well on great plains
:P
I dont think british has a very good early military, other civs seem to have much better shipments so playing agressive is ok i suppose, but still not as effective as other civs.
Completely agree, therefore send native treaties which is pretty much as good a military card as any other civ gets. You do not need to completely play agressive, just keep the pressure up (IMO the lakota allow you to raid very soon after aging which most people don't suspect from a brit.
all native rushes are weaker in TWC/TAD, there are three reasons
hmm... ok thx, didn't know that. So i guess this is only viable for vanilla.
Off topic but hows the otto native rush in sonora? I heard its good but how good is it?
really powerful. On sonora it might be better doing ATP IOR and then building some natives though.
yes, i get the idea of what you mean, but sort of disagree. IMO adding lbows with the combo makes it more deadly, as lbows are amazing once you get a decent number of them. Natives are 0 pop, so population efficiency doesn't really matter. Even though you are spending the 135 wood per house, it isn't like it's being wasted, you are getting a free settler which can go back on wood for more wood in the long term.
IMO this can beat otto native rush on gp, as your eco will start killing them extremely soon and you will also have great anticav(comanche) to stop any raids on your super eco.
However, vs an otto non-native rush, a better option would be to defensively go musket/lbow with some walls
probably getting TAD relatively soon, i was waiting for some time to see how the community is reacting, but it seems like there is still a relatively large community and also there is continued support of aoe3 by robot studios, so i'm thinking that it will be worth it
I don't really feel like doing BB code as i'm just trying to present an idea, not do a formal write up for some forum name/title.
I think that the spelling and grammar are fine; if there are any errors, they aren't major enough to prevent someone from understanding what i'm saying.

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 03-03-2009 @ 02:47 AM).]

posted 03-03-09 03:16 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  

Because it's only about how it looks and not about how it works?

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
posted 03-03-09 04:01 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  

Because it's only about how it looks and not about how it works?
Yeh, but eye-candy is always nice.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 03-03-2009 @ 04:01 AM).]

posted 03-03-09 07:05 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
Didn't they patch great plains natives? So now you can't get as much as before?
posted 03-03-09 10:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
I cant never get enough of native rushes or any strat that relates to natives so thanks for this one!
Whats so special about TAD anyway? You can get your butt kicked by japan instead of spain? Sounds exiting...
posted 03-03-09 03:40 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Well at least you don't get your butt kicked as much since they nerfed them :P.
posted 03-03-09 06:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
i think sending 700 wood would be better because if you do play on great plains, or get the lakota/commanche, they are wood heavy added to the fact that you need manners for vills and you need some sort of support just in case your rush fails, you have some sort of military building at home.

Off-topic: does it matter when i press reply from the top or bottom or from page one oand page 2? does it like matter in where my reply will appear? =D
posted 03-03-09 08:09 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
Thanks for posting that recorded game. As a total beginner, I learned a ton more than just the strategy you were advertising.
posted 03-03-09 08:55 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
i think sending 700 wood would be better because if you do play on great plains, or get the lakota/commanche, they are wood heavy added to the fact that you need manners for vills and you need some sort of support just in case your rush fails, you have some sort of military building at home.
yeah you can send 700 wood depending on the situation. IMO native treaties is an extremely powerful card on vanilla gp though as it gives you 4 HC+ 4RC, what other card is that good? If your opponent isn't really going to rush you 700 wood might be a nicer alternative as you can use it for manors/market.
Off-topic: does it matter when i press reply from the top or bottom or from page one oand page 2? does it like matter in where my reply will appear? =D
i don't think it matters
Thanks for posting that recorded game. As a total beginner, I learned a ton more than just the strategy you were advertising.
no problem

QUACK
posted 03-03-09 09:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Cholesterol,

It doesn't matter which button you push, you'll always show up as the last response...when you do reply, you will see responses as the last couple first in reverse order as they came in... hope that helps clear it up for you...

[This message has been edited by Teutonic Twit (edited 03-03-2009 @ 09:44 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » British Native Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames