loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Newbie Mafia: Signups
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-21-11 09:09 PM CT (US)   
"Why are we here, again?"
"What?"
"Are you deaf, Tony? I asked why we were here."
"We're here because Big Al wants us to take over this operation, remember? We here to take over, and the boss has given the go ahead for any means necessary."
"But why? I mean..."
"Ah, shaddup. We don't need to know why. Maybe the police chief is not taking his bribe money or maybe Big Al's got indigestion. It don't matter. All we need to know is get in, take control, and don't die. Simple enough for you?"
"Yeah, I guess. But..."
"Frank?"
"Yeah?"
"Shaddup!"

While this game will have a little flavor so that I can make night writeups interesting , it will be just like the other newbie mafias in all other aspects. I've changed the game setup to a 12-player mini and added a number of possible roles, to allow newer players to experience more of the common roles here. All roles emails are provided publicly below, but not all are guaranteed to be used. Regardless of the roles given, there are three setups possible:
3 Mafia, 8 Town, 1 Serial Killer, 1 Survivor
3 Mafia, 9 Town, 1 Third Party (Serial Killer or Survivor)
3 Mafia, 10 Town

These are all the role e-mails each player is eligible to receive:

Mafia Roles

Mafia Goon: You are part of the mafia, along with your faithful partners in crime, NAME and NAME. Your boss has given you the task of taking over the town, and you'll attempt to do so using any means necessary.
During the DAY phase, you will attempt to blend in as a town member and subsequently attempt to lynch one of them.
During the NIGHT phase, you can, ONLY during this phase speak privately to your partners NAME and NAME. At this time you will discuss your strategy and whom to kill that night.
You must send me (nelmatd@gmail.com) your kill-target before the NIGHT phase is over.
You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mafia Roleblocker: You are part of the mafia, along with your faithful partners in crime, NAME and NAME. Your boss has given you the task of taking over the town, and you'll attempt to do so using any means necessary.
During the DAY phase, you will attempt to blend in as a town member and subsequently attempt to lynch one of them.
As a Mafia Roleblocker you are able to negate one player's ability for that night, if they have one. You do this by contacting me (nelmatd@gmail.com) and telling me who you would like to roleblock for that night.
During the NIGHT phase, you can, ONLY during this phase speak privately to your partners NAME and NAME. At this time you will discuss your strategy and whom to kill that night.
You must send me (nelmatd@gmail.com) your kill-target before the NIGHT phase is over.
You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mafia Role Cop: You are part of the mafia, along with your faithful partners in crime, NAME and NAME. Your boss has given you the task of taking over the town, and you'll attempt to do so using any means necessary.
Each NIGHT you can contact me (nelmatd@gmail.com) and tell me which player you would like to investigate, and before DAY begins I will tell you what their role is.

Protown Roles

Vanilla Townie: You are a regular townsperson with no ability other than your ability to vote to lynch a player during the DAY phase.
You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
You cannot under ANY circumstances contact anyone anyone outside the Game thread or speak of details of the game in private.
You win when all members of the Mafia are lynched, whether you survive to the end or not.

Cop: You are the towns' cop - the one most able to investigate and determine who is innocent and guilty.
Each NIGHT you can contact me (nelmatd@gmail.com) and tell me which player you would like to investigate, and before DAY begins I will tell you if they are innocent, guilty, or third party.
You can trust your results fully as there are no sanity issues in this setup.
You cannot under ANY circumstances contact anyone anyone outside the Game thread or speak of details of the game in private.
You win when all members of the Mafia are lynched, whether you survive to the end or not.

Doctor: You are the town's resident physician who is capable of protecting one player each night.
Each NIGHT you can contact me (nelmatd@gmail.com) and tell me which player you would like to protect, which will shield them from falling victim to a night kill.
You cannot protect yourself.

Noble Townie: You are the oldest member of the town. As such, you are very influential and your vote counts twice.
You have no abilities at night other than getting a good night's rest.

Vigilante: You are a retired army veteren, and are capable of killing one player every night.
Each NIGHT you can contact me (nelmatd@gmail.com) and tell me which player you would like to kill.

Third-party roles

Survivor: You are just passing through, and have no loyalty to either the town or mafia.
You have no abilities at night other than getting a good night's rest.
You cannot under ANY circumstances contact anyone outside the Game thread or speak of details of the game in private.
You win either when all members of the Mafia are lynched or when the number of mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players. In short, you can win with either side.

Serial Killer: You are a killer with no allegiance to anyone but yourself.
Each NIGHT you can contact me (nelmatd@gmail.com) and tell me which player you would like to kill. You MUST kill every night.
You cannot under ANY circumstances contact anyone outside the GAME thread or speak of details of the game in private.
You win when you are the last player alive.

Iron roles:

A player from any faction may be given an Iron modifer. If so, this line will be included in their role email:
"You are an IRON (Townie/Mafia/Survivor/Serial Killer). All night kills attempted on you will fail."

I need 12 players, and of that 2 ICs (Inexperience-Challenged) players who can perform teaching roles. ICs will be expected to play as a good role model and offer help to those that require it during the game. They are not to play a passive role in the game, as there is a distinction between simply giving advice and providing an example of what good play is.

The others will be either new players or ones who would like to improve. Experienced players can sign up for this, but they will be held in reserve.

To sign up to play, say that you would like to play and put your email address.

The town:
1. Mayank Sharma
2. Mithril Knight
3. Fallon
4. Dannflor
5. NowhereT
6. Leif Ericson*
7. Herr Elessar*
8. Popeychops
9. Possidon
10. Dead_end
11. Watson
12. Diamond Diamondo

* = IC

(Shamelessly stolen from Xzy and modified)

[This message has been edited by Sarn (edited 06-23-2011 @ 09:42 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-21-11 09:17 PM CT (US)     1 / 43  
I'm /in

Aoe3boards@gmail.com

posted 06-21-11 10:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 43  
I am in. Though I have an email associated with this account, I would like you to send all emails to strokeaoe2@yahoo.in
posted 06-21-11 10:52 PM CT (US)     3 / 43  
Nice Sarn very extensive and n00b-friendly, I am still at Possidon's game, but I still can join. I am quite inexperienced in Mafia games and need what I get for mine, which will appear after yours. Also this would be my second game.

dsd19951208(at)hotmail(dot)com
Though I have an email associated with this account, I would like you to send all emails to (e-mail)
You have no problem with this, some moderators from heavengames that play mafia games make a separate e-mail to get mail from those games, so you can happily place it there.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 06-21-11 11:03 PM CT (US)     4 / 43  
No problem. We probably won't start this one until Possidon's is done, I just wanted to get signups going so that we can start right away.
posted 06-21-11 11:26 PM CT (US)     5 / 43  
May I Play?
posted 06-21-11 11:40 PM CT (US)     6 / 43  
I'm in. Email is in profile.

Man, Dann, you sure did wipe the... flor... with him on that one! BAM! OOO! ~ Aro
posted 06-22-11 03:05 AM CT (US)     7 / 43  
I think I'll skip this over. In too many games, and guess should give others a chance.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 06-22-11 04:03 AM CT (US)     8 / 43  
I'd like to play if there's a spot free I've never played before.

closet[dot]hippy[at]gmail[dot]com

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 06-22-11 04:16 AM CT (US)     9 / 43  
I'd like to join as someone who can help some of the other newer players out. In case you're worried about activity from me, I try to give AoKH mafia games a priority over others.

You can use my HG email.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-22-11 04:48 AM CT (US)     10 / 43  
In if you want me.

Ville I'll try to make things up to you, although I still don't know what went wrong (this sounds much gayer than it should).

Mayank I troll people only at OD so don't worry.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 06-22-11 05:06 AM CT (US)     11 / 43  
Mayank I troll people only at OD so don't worry.
You call that trolling? Ha!

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 06-22-11 05:49 AM CT (US)     12 / 43  
Well he thought it was trolling, I just thought I was being lame. Doesn't change my thoughts about where he lives though.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 06-22-11 05:57 AM CT (US)     13 / 43  
I'm in. Email in profile.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 06-22-11 06:04 AM CT (US)     14 / 43  
posted 06-22-11 06:08 AM CT (US)     15 / 43  
I'm in. Email in profile.
posted 06-22-11 06:35 AM CT (US)     16 / 43  
posted 06-22-11 07:44 AM CT (US)     17 / 43  
We are more than the slots.
First come first get.
posted 06-22-11 08:43 AM CT (US)     18 / 43  
Ah well. I'll be a hopeful washed-up backup player praying someone drops out fast.
posted 06-22-11 08:44 AM CT (US)     19 / 43  
We are more than the slots.
First come first get.
Unfortunately true. I will put down the last few as replacements, as we usually turn out needed at least one. As soon as Possidon's game is done, we'll start this one.
posted 06-22-11 11:09 AM CT (US)     20 / 43  
They can have my slot.
I'm out.

posted 06-22-11 11:19 AM CT (US)     21 / 43  
Shame.

Email's in profile, if you're going to sign me up.
posted 06-22-11 11:24 AM CT (US)     22 / 43  
I think Possidon was next after Popeychops, but its up to Sarn.
And..
They can have my slot.
I'm out.
You, sir, are a generous person.
And except me and NowhereT, all others have already played games.

[This message has been edited by Mayank Sharma (edited 06-22-2011 @ 11:26 AM).]

posted 06-22-11 11:47 AM CT (US)     23 / 43  
If you are unfamiliar with the rules, I suggest you take a look at this page and sub-links.
posted 06-22-11 11:54 AM CT (US)     24 / 43  
*Goes to click "like", realises he spends too much time on facebook*

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 06-22-11 01:08 PM CT (US)     25 / 43  
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Newbie Mafia: Signups
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames