Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Godly Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 31  Next Page »
posted 04-26-12 05:32 PM CT (US)   

Welcome, those of you who have joined, and I promise this is not a mindscrew mafia game – I don't like those. I will also confirm that it is not a AiP (assassins in the palace) game either. However, I would like for everyone to note that there will be odd roles – and that lynching upon odd claims might be a very, very bad move for town. Now, having said this, scum will feel more free to use odd claims, so I in actuality have not given anyone any advice that is more helpful to one side than the other.

On another note, All emails between players must be CC'ed to myself, at the email which you recive your role email from. This is extremely necessary. If any emails pass without my reading them, the person who sent them will receive hated status, and if it happens again, death.

Flavor: use it, but do not rely on it. Remember that none of these mythical systems actually interacted with each other, so any idea of what their relations to each other are my imaginings alone.

I will confirm that the greek and roman versions of the gods are considered apart for this game.

Rules:

No editing.
No talking outside the thread unless told otherwise.
If you are to talk outside the thread, you MUST CC me.
Have fun.
Any questions/complaints MUST be emailed to me as oppsoed to posted in the thread. (Mole, this applies to you and your spat w/ popey in TES.) however, questions on my definition of a role are allowed in the thread.
any other rules should be clear based upon your role email. If you have any questions, please email me about them.
There is no limit on night or day unless otherwise stated.
Role Emails are not written to a standard. A mafia email may be written in the same style as a town email, but a town email may differ from a town email. I advise you to not use this as a method of differentiation.

Alive:

1. Herr
2. Fallon
3. Blatant
4. Lief

Dead:
1. Mayank - Mafia Godfather (noble) flavor name: Set
2. Sarn - Town Vigilante flavor name: Ares
3. Ser Perigal - Town hades JoAT flavor name: hades
4. Mithril - Mafia Goon flavor name: dwarf
5. Mozzy - Guardian flavor name: Persephone
6. Sarn II - Town townsperson flavor name: townsperson
7. Jill - Mafia Medusa flavor name: Medusa
8. Possidon - Town Watcher Magnet flavor name: Aphrodite
9. Sarn III - Town Lesser-Noble Laborer flavor name: Hercules
10. Thymole - Mafia Slayer flavor name: Perseus
11. Steve - Mafia Goon flavor name: dwarf
12. NowhereT - Town RB/Cop/Vig flavor name: Thor
13. Popey - Mafia Dependent Assassin* flavor name: Mars
14. Sarn IV - Town Noble flavor name: Osiris
15. Scipio - Town Tasked Commuter flavor name: Ra
16. Bulba - Town Noble Doctor flavor name: Isis

*Dependent Assassin: the user must send in the player's voting status (noble, normal, voteless, lesser noble) in order for their unstoppable kill to go through.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 06-09-2012 @ 04:14 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-26-12 05:40 PM CT (US)     1 / 760  
This is gonna be biblical.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 04-26-12 05:45 PM CT (US)     2 / 760  
There is a small problem with the player table. It shows some players in the same line.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 04-26-12 06:49 PM CT (US)     3 / 760  
Day or night start?
Any questions/complaints MUST be emailed to me as oppsoed to posted in the thread. (Mole, this applies to you and your spat w/ popey in TES.) however, questions on my definition of a role are allowed in the thread.
How do you want us to ask questions about your hosting style, such as questions about whether failed kills are notified? I find questions like these are perhaps the most common.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 04-26-12 06:58 PM CT (US)     4 / 760  
Also, as a note to everyone, I will be leaving on Saturday morning for a 12-day trip, coming back on May 9th. I may have internet access during that time, but I can't be sure. I've notified CarolKarine and told him he could decide what to do.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 04-26-12 07:15 PM CT (US)     5 / 760  
So if I do complain, would you modkill me? If so then that's a shitty rule [/irony].

Please give me an example of an unacceptable complaint, because half of mine in TES were opinions on the game setup. Some of them weren't even true, Popey got mad at me because I said things were unfair for the town, when I was scum -.- There is a nice incident during the thread where he jumps to conclusions, misinterprets my post, and reprimands me needlessly. I would appreciate it if you didn't just blindly side with Popey and make a rule to personally belittle me, because that incident should be evidence that he might have held a bias against me. Which he did. :/

Having played more games than almost anyone here, and never having recieved any serious feedback from hosts regarding my complaints being a problem, you can't regard that one isolated game as statistically significant.

Thanks...
posted 04-26-12 07:47 PM CT (US)     6 / 760  
Hmm, I'm not too familiar with the situation, but perhaps it might be best to withhold comments about the game setup until after it's over.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 04-26-12 08:10 PM CT (US)     7 / 760  
Sorry, complaints need to be through email.

And I won't modkill you, most likely just ignore you.

I find those questions (like how I list a failed kill) are nearly synonymous with my definitions of roles. Same premise.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 04-26-12 08:14 PM CT (US)     8 / 760  
The problem with the player table is that I posted it from my phone. I'll fix it later (when I'm on a computer)

Please remember that you can talk about anything related to the game, except none may claim and no lunches may be made.

You can talk flavor possibilities, etc.

Flavor in this game is almost synonymous with a claim, so ease don't supply yours, just what you think it might be. I'll declare night on Sunday (when I have access to a computer reliably 14 hours out of the day)

posted 04-26-12 08:15 PM CT (US)     9 / 760  
Sorry for the trip post.

But there are noun acceptable complaints. I just refuse to let them be posted in the thread. You have a problem, send me an email.

posted 04-26-12 08:30 PM CT (US)     10 / 760  
How strict are you as per editing? Sometimes I swoop in on a grammatical error, and then I want to hit myself in the face with a sledgehammer.

"Scipio is more charismatic than you are." -Rocking Doom
"Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
"SCIPIO YOU SUN BITCH" -TOAO_Roland
posted 04-26-12 08:42 PM CT (US)     11 / 760  
And I won't modkill you, most likely just ignore you.
Right, because that is what hosts should do: not care. To do otherwise is poor form.

Do your lists with

<OL>
[*]Player name

It saves you the task of renumbering... OL stands for Ordered List. Asterisks are bullets/numbers.
posted 04-26-12 09:24 PM CT (US)     12 / 760  
That helps.

And about the ignoring, that was about the complaining part. I'll listen to the constructive criticism (if there is any) for the next hosting.

posted 04-26-12 09:38 PM CT (US)     13 / 760  
posted 04-27-12 03:33 AM CT (US)     14 / 760  
no lunches may be made.
And why? I want ambrosia!

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 04-27-12 03:34 AM CT (US)     15 / 760  
Me in the same line as Mayank?! OH, the HORROR!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 04-27-12 04:07 AM CT (US)     16 / 760  
If we ask questions via email, could you post the answers that are relevant to everyone in the thread? Things such as "do blocked kills show up as failed kills" are useful knowledge for everyone; it'll save you answering multiple emails with the same question.

Don't read anything into me using that question as an example; it was the first question in Poker Mafia just now so it popped into my mind.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
posted 04-27-12 07:14 AM CT (US)     17 / 760  
Questions such as that are in the same line as role definitions.

posted 04-27-12 11:52 AM CT (US)     18 / 760  
Have you declared it night?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-27-12 12:02 PM CT (US)     19 / 760  
I don't think everyone has confirmed yet.

posted 04-27-12 12:39 PM CT (US)     20 / 760  
Everyone has confirmed. It's because Carol is away from keyboard for a while, if I'm right.

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 04-27-12 03:25 PM CT (US)     21 / 760  
I'm waiting to declare night because apparently the smithsonian doesn't have public wifi

I don't want to deal with actions while I'm away from my files (not on mobile) I can moderate from here... But not actively determine what's happening.

posted 04-27-12 03:37 PM CT (US)     22 / 760  
Wow, the smithsonian is the worst.

"Scipio is more charismatic than you are." -Rocking Doom
"Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
"SCIPIO YOU SUN BITCH" -TOAO_Roland
posted 04-29-12 09:43 AM CT (US)     23 / 760  
Today's Sunday.
posted 04-29-12 09:48 AM CT (US)     24 / 760  
Yesterday was Saturday.

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 04-29-12 10:12 AM CT (US)     25 / 760  
I was responding to this -
I'll declare night on Sunday (when I have access to a computer reliably 14 hours out of the day)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 31  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Godly Mafia Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames